Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

GGS killing Player Passion

Dear GGS,
We thank you for your response, although somewhat late.

Please take note that you are killing the passion players have for the game. Many of us have played for 2 years + and lately, we log in mostly to talk to the friends we have made. In the past, we were eager about the game, harvesting and upgrading our farms.

Unfortunately, you are really taking the FUN out of the game. Please listen to your players - we are your customers.

Instead, you provide us with excuses in flowery language that can be translated as follows:

• Shut up, WE (GGS) make the rules!
  • It is your option to play ... or not ... 
  • We read your complaints ... then we delete them and carry on as we want.
In a nutshell, that is what your lovely replies boil down to.

Whatever happened to "Putting the customer first"?

Comments

• e c burger (INT1)e c burger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 69
    Dear GGS,

Please take note that you are killing the passion players have for the game. Many of us have played for 2 years + and lately, we log in mostly to talk to the friends we have made. In the past, we were eager about the game, harvesting and upgrading our farms.

Unfortunately, you are really taking the FUN out of the game. Please listen to your players - we are your customers.

Instead, you provide us with excuses in flowery language that can be translated as follows:

I am really disappointed that we are being ignored..  All big farm players were very pleased with the deep sea fishing as it was and we new there would be a few changes for it was too good to be true, the profits!!..But... The changes being made with the upgrade is mostly unfair.  Now i am hoarding Herring in the thousands... The market orders is for Swordfish, clam, oysters, shrimps and Chum......  We do not get Swordfish pools, the chum we use for catching fish....And as it is i hardly get a market order for Herring!!  Please ggs... Stop ignoring us and give us something... Tell us you are looking into the matter and will come back to us... Be fair to us, your customers...
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I am still staggered that they have left the prices for equipment and crew the same after this dramatic drop in profits. Where's the balance in that???

Its clear now they will continue to ignore us and roll out glittery new events in the hope of distracting us. Its in our best interests not to praise any event or talk about profits because GGS will just end up "adjusting" that too.
  • Whatever we say seems to fall on deaf ears doesnt it. :(((
  • Gosh, it's true!!  In my entire 2 and a half years of BigFarm, I have ALWAYS been excited about gettin' up early in the mornin's, before the kids and anyone else, and peacefully gettin' on my beautiful farms!!  It was like christmas mornin', EVERY mornin', with all those little packages just waitin' to open and harvest and enjoy.........I've always played for hours at a time, and up late at night, grabbin' that last harvest, doin' that one more mission, and puttin' my farms to bed so all the little packages would be waitin' for me in the mornin'......I was doin' the lab, Matilda, Lester, all those things that were priced so far out of reach, but still tryin' to do them slowly...as best I could.  When the deepsea fishing came along, I sure did spend some real money to buy gold to speed things up, and I have a beautiful, well balanced, and what once WAS very lucrative fleet.....I didn't dismantle any of my boats....I NAMED them for crissake!!! They were, and still are important to me.  I invested money and time in them, and yes a little love along the way.   Everything I do on this game is done out of love for the game and my farms, my co op, my friends, and my peace of mind..........Since this discouraging, motivation stripping, debilitating so called "update", I am beaten........I log on, now, maybe once a day.....do what I NEED to do, wander aimlessly around my dockyard, listen to the lonely seagulls and hum "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay".........I have fiddled with sending out some boats, "fish per hour" and "time saving" crews only, I am tired and depressed with lookin' at herring holes.......my boats are sitting now full of tuna and herring......why do I need more?  How boring and unsatisfying it has become........Yes, GGS took away our gravy train, I had saved alot of what I made from the venture, so I'm not hurting "farm dollar" wise.......but my feelings are hurt, that a company I trusted, a company who I thought was full of brilliant minds and thought processes, a company that I, on more than one occasion raved about their brilliance to the world, could be so nonchalant about this situation.......I still love my farms, but my enthusiasm is gone.........Thanks GGS
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    my feelings are hurt, that a company I trusted, a company who I thought was full of brilliant minds and thought processes, a company that I, on more than one occasion raved about their brilliance to the world, could be so nonchalant about this situation.

There's the problem: Your trust was misplaced.  
    The thing is, they have been nonchalant about real issues for a long time. This time it is personal to you. Many of us learned long ago not to trust this company, having experienced their cavalier attitude at some point (lost/stolen gold, prizes not working as advertised, buying of reputation, increase in competition, loss of Flower Farm decos, unfixed bugs, etc.)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    my feelings are hurt, that a company I trusted, a company who I thought was full of brilliant minds and thought processes, a company that I, on more than one occasion raved about their brilliance to the world, could be so nonchalant about this situation.

There's the problem: Your trust was misplaced.  
    The thing is, they have been nonchalant about real issues for a long time. This time it is personal to you. Many of us learned long ago not to trust this company, having experienced their cavalier attitude at some point (lost/stolen gold, prizes not working as advertised, buying of reputation, increase in competition, loss of Flower Farm decos, unfixed bugs, etc.)
    Bingo!
  • Dear GGS,

So very very true, my old man has played for a lot more than 2 years, he has complained, just like you over the 4-5 years, so nothing has changed. A few of us used to play into the wee small hours, we used to get around 2,000,000 rep points in the co-op challenges, WITHOUT buying the points, yet now we are lucky to get 500,000.. because we have lost interest in it. Hundreds of players on the forum complained that a co--op challenge once a month was too soon, GGS not only ignore us and make it every 2 week, we get the hard worker every 2 week. A lot of us have stopped doing the search events, I do not believe they are all there at the start, i have spent hours searching with 175% zoom and all i found was painful eyes and a headache. The village horse breeding, Yorkypoo tried to breed his horse 8 times and got fails ! so now the village horses do not get done. We as a co-op are trying hard to enjoy the game, but failing ! As with a lot of players I log on to chat to people, I do buy GOLD, that is only fair, but do not buy much these days, due to possibility of false usage. Yorky just got a reply from support with regards the log in 3 times a day event had not registered his logging in, GGS have simply brushed it to the side, reading the e mail it looked like they had not even read the ticket, i could post the e mail on here but the wabbit will delete it. Let us be blunt, if it is not working, therefore not getting the rewards what is the point of having it ? The % boost for the weekend will be over very soon, will he get compensation for the lost % ... i doubt it very much. Yes we complain but we are here playing the game after years of problems because we "used" to love the game.
  • Every one of you are so right........it's just very sad....... :'(     
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    yep agree with you @SophiaLorraine (US1) and all....  my love for the game is dwindling by the day  :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file