Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    What good are contracts like this when you can't get the Swordfish to fill them?

I hate to turn them down, but what's the alternative? Stare at them for a month while I stand on my head hoping to get a SwordFish pool once a week?

They give 5 karma points I don't know why they put karma points into the contracts or raks or brushes if they need to put that has to be $$ not such things they aren't listening to any body :neutral:
  • What good are contracts like this when you can't get the Swordfish to fill them?

I hate to turn them down, but what's the alternative? Stare at them for a month while I stand on my head hoping to get a SwordFish pool once a week?

@Southern (US1) - this looks like a not bad contract 613 of swordfish & 613 of salmon, if the fish are priced the same the cost of one fish would be $16, 571. 
    Considering that in "old pricing" Swordfish itself would have earned nearly 28mln alone - we taking a "fish crisis- paycut" ..... pass huge.
    Now if anybody would calculate, how much would it cost to fish-out 1,226 of salmon and swordfish that would give us a reality we have been forced to deal with (if we want to use deepsea fishing region that is).  Since we don't get Swordfish pools often - I would say it will easily take a player maybe a month, maybe longer just to fill-in this contract.
    The fish after one month of sitting in your storage , gets old , lol 
    Wow, this will require a ton of saving up & may take way too long.
  • This is what I got this morning >>

Not sure, if I should jump for joy or cry - 28 swordfish?  and 61 salmon?  
    Is the deep sea polluted ?  

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Sorry to be disappointed, but here's what I've got now  ;)

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    edited 24.08.2017
    well speaking of balance i have now 11,000 herring and i cant remember to have any contract with herring.
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    well speaking of balance i have now 11,000 herring and i cant remember to have any contract with herring.
    I don't even want to see how many herring i have in inventory, but i bet i can keep the bay busy making chum for the next millennia. 
  • I STILL have NOT seen swordfish, Cod, Salmon, or lobsters in almost a week !!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been on every day throughout the day !   This is getting STUPID !!!

• Rose1979 (US1)Rose1979 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    This new fishing is for the birds!   Contracts for cod, salmon and swordfish and have not had one fishing spot for them since the switch-over!    How are we supposed to fill any orders to make money?   We can't even get the daily bonus for those fish as there aren't any!   Those fish should at least be available -- Especially with the HWE coming up shortly!   This problem needs fixed ASAP!   Bad enough we didn't get the bonus runestones this game is really going downhill FAST!   As this ship is sinking - I will be jumping off!

• giles 5 (GB1)giles 5 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 14
    Volcanic farm? is this another trick for us mugs to buy into and then the game is changed leaving us out of pocket,and worthless farms? no thank you GGs been there.
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    My opinion only:  I suspect that the longer we take to continue our expressions of sorrow, anger, etc., etc., the longer GGS is going to take in actually doing something about it all....Some companies I have read about (even worked in) wait till every shred of info is gleaned to begin the compiling of data (this sometimes takes years because data keeps trickling in)....then it took at least 6 months to sort the data into groups....once this was done, then "field experts" were sent to the various areas to do a study to verify (this took about 2 years)...after verification was done, then those reports were sent to computer "experts" to figure out how to implement changes (this took another 2 to 7 years)...once it was figured out, then a test module was implemented to see if the proposed changes would actually work (this phase took 10 years)....all in all, the whole thing was held together by utterly massive and unbelievable amounts of sticky "red tape" that got tangled up at every stage of the process!
    GGS isn't going to do much about it, I don't think.  And they probably quit reading our comments some time ago.  But that's just my guess.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 24.08.2017

I understand from the last statement CM Hunter made that the game team is looking forward to our feedback.  

Sure there is a lot of feedback already in this thread, but here is something that can be added 

1 - revise the market contracts, include farm cash 

2 - re-balance the deep sea pools

3 - re-instate direct fish sales

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

Not fish but GAH!!! 7%!!! ---- numerous ones before and after the winning steed was >25% chance.

my horse couldn't lose this bad if he were running backwards! must have been running on 3 legs & backwards - and geez i bet all my fish money on him too T_T

So YOUR to blame for this huh?  Never bet all your fish on a three legged backwards running horse.  Now the punishment is no more fish for the rest of us.  Uh huh, it was all your fault.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    "Face piles of trials with smiles.
    It rials them to believe that we perceive the web they weave.

Keep on thinking friend."

Moody Blues.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    My opinion only:  I suspect that the longer we take to continue our expressions of sorrow, anger, etc., etc., the longer GGS is going to take in actually doing something about it all....Some companies I have read about (even worked in) wait till every shred of info is gleaned to begin the compiling of data (this sometimes takes years because data keeps trickling in)....then it took at least 6 months to sort the data into groups....once this was done, then "field experts" were sent to the various areas to do a study to verify (this took about 2 years)...after verification was done, then those reports were sent to computer "experts" to figure out how to implement changes (this took another 2 to 7 years)...once it was figured out, then a test module was implemented to see if the proposed changes would actually work (this phase took 10 years)....all in all, the whole thing was held together by utterly massive and unbelievable amounts of sticky "red tape" that got tangled up at every stage of the process!
    Yes, this is what they call a scam.  Red tape = scam.  

This is a virtual game.  This is not the lottery for millions or billions of real dollars, this is not a raffle for a brand new car. This is not real houses, or property, or community.  This is fake cash and fake prizes.  If GG$ needs THIS much time to correct an error and alleviate the negative feelings of all these unhappy players, it is deliberate! At the very least they can put it back the way it was while they take their time to figure something else out. 
    PCA (GB1) said:

I understand from the last statement CM Hunter made that the game team is looking forward to our feedback.  

Sure there is a lot of feedback already in this thread, but here is something that can be added 

1 - revise the market contracts, include farm cash 

2 - re-balance the deep sea pools

3 - re-instate direct fish sales

Two drops of water???  Well, that makes it all worthwhile, then.
  • Been lurking in the back ground and just reading and I think this song sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pivx0PRFOYs

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 24.08.2017

I don't think so, it's not in their interest, their interest is to fix this and move on

edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

My thoughts about balansing: Well, this game is hard to balance, I admit it. Esspetially because of its varity: its played all over the world by poor and rich, old and young, different coutries and so on. There is another concept - comparing to other server games, its long going - there is no server restart at time intervals and so you have to deal also with the gap between begining players and old players.

Taking all this into accout, introducing a high profit DFS looked to me like a realy smart thing. This is why:
    1 - It enabled new players to catch old players and so not loose interest. Old players already got their farm developed and play moved from a farm building game to a event orineted game with CC and now WCC in a main focus. This game become very complicated for a new player and something had to be done to encourage new players to enter and STAY playing. Hitting highly expensive island on level 30 discourages many players, for one thing.
    2 - It rebalances some of the overprized (mildly speaking) buildings like laboratory, Lester seacret stach and matilda academy. Well, the last two are still useless, but at least laboratory got some meaning after introducing DFS. And similar with  the village. Its just tooo long run project and many players find it useless. With enough dolars on a market we played village - as we loose nothing and at least have something nice to build.

It got a few traps, I admitt, but that could be dealt otherwize:
    1. Main and partly gournament become more event orineted, and flower farm and part of gournament farm were dollar producer. These makes tham uselles after DSF. Making events that use flower and gournament products could be a good solution of this.
    2. Organic market becomes uselles - make contracts give prices like tokens ect. instead of dollar.
    3. New players do not develop their farms due to DSF - rebalance the levels when new thing come into the play. 

So many good points made in this post.  There IS a gap and difference between newer players and older players who have pretty much built their farms completely up - one's goals in the game do change as one gets a bigger, more productive, more profitable set of farms.  And I agree with the poster that DSF provided a NEW BALANCE that worked better across that whole spectrum, for the reasons he outlined.

But I disagree with his point #3 above that DSF discouraged new players from developing their farms.  Newer players were locked out from realizing the huge profits of DSF by reason of not having high enough XP levels.  Heck, you couldn't even BUILD a trawler until you were Level 105 or something.  And you don't get there except by building up your farms.  And there's (comparatively) not much money in DSF when you can only have motorboats and runabouts in your fleet.  Once you got above Level 95, you could build crippled Skipjacks which, while they gave you a taste of the profits to come, still weren't worth more than $15 or $20 million a day AFTER you'd built A WHOLE FLEET (all 14 boats) of them.   You can't get to those levels without having your farms quite well developed and upgraded.  And you don't build a whole fleet of Skipjacks without having made a lot of money with those farms.  In other words, the vast profits of DSF could still only be realized by the well experienced player and the new player still had a long hill to climb.  At least DSF maintained the newer players hope that he could actually get to the top.

I suspect many of us got an inflated view of the effect DSF would have on newer players because we were ALREADY high level players when we got into deep sea fishing.  Since we didn't have to overcome the barriers of leveling up our farms, saving up the many millions required to build a fleet, bootstrapping that fleet up from motorboats to skipjacks to trawlers, we were able to realize the huge profits almost overnight.   But that was NOT the case with the newer player.  
  • tkayd (US1)tkayd (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    Since the dockyard change there hasn't been any salmon, swordfish or cod.  How are we supposed to fulfill the sidebar tasks and the market contracts? 
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83

Wow...it took me almost as long to read 68 pages of complaints as it takes for my fleet to travel out to get enough fish to get a rake, a few karma pts and maybe a few drops of water...:)

I understand the "re-balancing" aspect of the decision. How it was implemented and the resulting "rebalancing" is ridiculous to say the least. Some adjustments to sale prices of DSF would have been sufficient to accomplish an end result that I believe would have been acceptable by most.
    Everybody was making money at an extremely rapid pace (admittedly too fast), which we all got the benefit of, for a while. However, based on that, alot of players altered their style of play and changed their farms to accommodate their new game strategy..Then suddenly they had the rug pulled out from underneath them and have to again re-align their farms to a different style of play, not to mention the tons of inventory that some are stuck with, hoping that some contracts come up to use it on.... Extremely short-sided thinking on GGS's part.

Myself, I'm just going back to farming the way I did prior to the DSF....Got where I'm at without DSF, no reason I can't survive without it...:)...We have all seen similar things happen with changes in the game, and GGS's short sided thought process, so unfortunately we all should be used to it by now...:(

edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • rich015 (NL1)rich015 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 50
    maybe im blond, maybe im stupid, but maybe we should complain at Brussel ( EU)
    We have seen what they do with Google, Aplle and more for that postbusfirms 

I think there is a watcher to see over it "online game's" 
    i realy do

O by the way i spend for € 2000,00 and this game and right now not a penny, nothing from my trash when you need it. I was grouing in this game with tnks from fishing and i was spending gold but now "computers seys no"
    Tomorrow next level protest. no events from that day. 

i hope there will people follow 

dikke doei
  • Just-Ique (NL1)Just-Ique (NL1) Posts: 61
    edited 24.08.2017
    This new statement isn't smart. I promised myself to give it a fortnight. Filling all contracts and see if I would make a profit in the end. But now they say things will be improved I don't want to fill the contracts anymore and I'll wait for the improvement.
    I have to say the first 5 days I lost over 30 million by filling all the contracts but in the last three days I made a profit of 12 million. Still 18 million short but hopeful. 

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    The result of a false impression of the dockyard:

The result of upping my cows to a total of 10 sheds, upping my pigs to 3 pigsties and adding a few more apple and cherry orchards.  Choice - yes.  Fault - NO.  I was adjusting my strategy and farms based on the Dockyard as it was because I was under the impression that the Dockyard was here to help players build their farms considering the high cost of upper level buildings and the lab.  I would have to tear out all the work I did on my farms, revert it back to a puny wasteland.  My motivation would shrink even deeper. My time and efforts completely wasted.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    This is what I got this morning >>

Not sure, if I should jump for joy or cry - 28 swordfish?  and 61 salmon?  
    Is the deep sea polluted ?  

No deep sea is oky I think the issue from the developers I get the same amount in 7 days but for me 34 swordfish :smiley:
    The result of a false impression of the dockyard:

The result of upping my cows to a total of 10 sheds, upping my pigs to 3 pigsties and adding a few more apple and cherry orchards.  Choice - yes.  Fault - NO.  I was adjusting my strategy and farms based on the Dockyard as it was because I was under the impression that the Dockyard was here to help players build their farms considering the high cost of upper level buildings and the lab.  I would have to tear out all the work I did on my farms, revert it back to a puny wasteland.  My motivation would shrink even deeper. My time and efforts completely wasted.
    Balance is everything in this game.  Focus on one thing, and everything else suffers.  I hope you start recovering soon.  
Sign In to comment.