Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• Tator Tot (US1)Tator Tot (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    I'm really trying to work with this--sending my boats out with increased speed, so I can get new pools quickly.  I keep hoping to get swordfish because that's what all my contracts want.  I get ONE swordfish etc. pool about every 2 or 3 days--usually not enough for even one contract.  I've been clearing out 4 or 5 pools every 2-4 hours, but still no swordfish.  Why are you making this SO HARD???
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I'm really trying to work with this--sending my boats out with increased speed, so I can get new pools quickly.  I keep hoping to get swordfish because that's what all my contracts want.  I get ONE swordfish etc. pool about every 2 or 3 days--usually not enough for even one contract.  I've been clearing out 4 or 5 pools every 2-4 hours, but still no swordfish.  Why are you making this SO HARD???

Your name just made me hungry I am thinking about tator tot casserole now.  

Yeah I am not getting lots of sword fish either.  I finally got some today and I got 33 and they haven't come in yet but I am sure I will lose some due to some kind of disaster. 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 24.08.2017
    Official Big Farm Announcement
    From the GGS Gods of Hamburg
    Concerning THE VOLCANIC FARM

Beginning 8-28-2017 the new Volcanic Farm will be available for all players to play, it will be a place where you can get land expansions for next to nothing, will have three building slots dedicated to just this farm all buildings and fields will be nominally priced, fields, and orchards will be extra fertile so that they will produce yields ten times richer then you are normally used to, you will be able to sell the produce directly and can have huge profits even more obscene then the Deep Sea Farm. This should allow you to upgrade other farms more easily and to balance out previous mistakes we have made. So come spend gold to expand your farm as fast as possible to reap the obscene profits to improve your other farms.

Then in tiny tiny print the disclaimer
    After investing mega millions in farm dollars and buying huge amounts of gold to expand and grow your Volcanic Farm to maximize your profits the volcano will erupt with out warning and wipe out farms and inventory. If you think the cost to expand and build your other farms is ridiculous you ain't seem nothing to you see what it is going to cost you to rebuild your farm on Volcano Farms our latest grab for your hard earned dollars

Hahahahaha… good one.  What I'll do with a "volcanic farm?"  What anyone with any common sense aught to do.  RUN!    Run away far and fast.  Don't look back, just get the flock out of there.

I tell ya, this game sure got fast and easy again.   Feed the critters, grow some crops, stock the mill and cilo, MAYBE fill a few market requests IF I have the goods and IF it pays well enough.
    And that's it.  I'm out.   The next UNtested dumb thing they roll out can just sit there until all the bugs are found and fixed, (that alone takes months.) And all the tweaks and readjustments are done.  THEN and only THEN will I even look.  

[Removed]   What ever.  Glad this is just a game.

Removed insult | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    There has been humor, anger, disbelief, sarcasm, rage, aggressiveness, feelings of betrayal, and possibly even denial.  A whole mixing pot of stewed emotions. People quitting, people dismantling their farms, dismantling their boats, withholding buying any gold, refusing to participate in certain events, and completely ignoring the dockyard. 

GGS sits idle, just watching and listening, yet does absolutely nothing positive.  They only make excuses.  They have absolutely no clue how much they are damaging this game and their reputation.

The longer a problem festers, the worse it becomes.  

Bill Gate, an American business magnate, once said, "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." 
    Donald Porter, an American actor once said, "Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, a German writer and statesman, once said "Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit," which means, There’s nothing worse than ignorance in action.

Indeed, there is nothing worse than ignorance in action.  GGS says sorry we didn't realize this or we didn't realize that. They also say that the market was "supposed" to roll out with the Dockyard. Well guess what, it didn't!  It gave everyone a false impression of the Dockyard and it's potential. GGS did not bother to mention a word about any dockyard market and then to come weeks later and say it was supposed to be part of the Dockyard roll out but was not ready is plain insulting to every player on Bigfarm.  Considering that would mean someone took the time to add sell buttons and calculate an amount instead of getting the market ready.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Shay1968 (US1)  so true...

"Indeed, there is nothing worse than ignorance in action.  GGS says sorry we didn't realize this or we didn't realize that. They also say that the market was "supposed" to roll out with the Dockyard. Well guess what, it didn't!  It gave everyone a false impression of the Dockyard and it's potential. GGS did not bother to mention a word about any dockyard market and then to come weeks later and say it was supposed to be part of the Dockyard roll out but was not ready is plain insulting to every player on Bigfarm.  Considering that would mean someone took the time to add sell buttons and calculate an amount instead of getting the market ready."

On May 24th when the announcement rolled out about the DS Region, there was absolutely no mention that this was a work in progress or that a market was going to be added or that they were going to nerf the fishing pools, etc....

It was rolled out like a finished product and everyone rejoiced and was having a blast... heaven forbid... :(
    @JVD (US1)

I believe it was a well planned out tactic to boost the sales of gold. :(

Or perhaps it wasn't planned and they simply saw the boost in Gold and let it go until gold sales started to drop and then swooped in like death with his scythe, cutting out any possibility of profit and destroying the light at the end of the tunnel.  The DS region gave people motivation and hope.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

I tell ya, this game sure got fast and easy again.   Feed the critters, grow some crops, stock the mill and cilo, MAYBE fill a few market requests IF I have the goods and IF it pays well enough.
    And that's it.  I'm out.   
    One thing for sure GG$ can say now is that we are no longer 'progressing too fast'. A lot of us are now doing a LOT less in the game after their latest betrayal. 
  • To GG and the mods who have their ear,

Again, WHY do you even have a TEST SERVER?  This whole deep sea thing was NEVER TESTED!
    The test server was a great idea.  SO USE IT!!!!!! Put a new feature out there, let some real players fiddle with it for a few MONTHS.  Put an easy way to leave live feedback right in that game. 
    Love it?
    Hate it?
    Meh,?
    and a text box why.
    SIMPLE!    

Then go crunch your numbers and find out if something needs adjustment, test it again, and only AFTER all the bugs and math kinks are worked out, do you roll it out to the world.  

But no.  I put it to you that your all just too short sighted and greedy.  You actually rolled out a feature people LOVED.  Many sunk tons of resources into, including real money, not to mention time.
    Now you yank it away with no real warning at all?  

At this point the only damage control you have available is put it back the way it was.  
    As has been pointed out many times, OTHER THINGS in this game are SO insanely overpriced, they simply don't get upgrades at all. This was a means of balance and it got people playing again. 
    Even if you ultimately decide it needs to be scaled back, you already rolled it out.  People have already invested.  This is really simple.  Put it back, even if for just a set period of time.  I'd suggest at least as long as it's been live.  And make that clear IN GAME exactly how much time is left.  Just like with events. This would give everyone a chance to recoop invested time and so on, sell off what they got THEN try again.

It's probably already too late for many though. I know a lot of folks already tore down their farms and left.  
    This was one of the stupidest moved I've seen you make here.   

Test server folks.  Spend the time to use it. Might have saved you a lot of customers. 
    @Artmaker (GB1) Well said!  I agree completely!!!!
    @WascallyWabbit @Pichu
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I'm suprised when they offer this. Expense of 50K JUST TO GOT THIS??!

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I'm suprised when they offer this. Expense of 50K JUST TO GOT THIS??!

wow, very generous and you have over a day to complete it! :) ahahahaha!  I would be hitting the decline button!

but you seem to be doing well with so many nice contract bonuses... mine are still at 0!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 24.08.2017

GoodGame Rhapsody

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
    Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
    Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
    Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me

GoodGame, you just killed your game
    Fishing put us ahead, you pulled the plug and now it's dead
    GoodGame, fishing had just begun
    But now you've gone and thrown it all away
    GoodGame, ooh, did you mean to make me cry?
    If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
    Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

Too late, your time has come
    Sends shivers down my spine, lame excuses all the time
    Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go
    Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
    GoodGame, ooh, why did fishing have to die?
    I sometimes wish you'd never started it at all
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 24.08.2017

GoodGame Rhapsody

So sad but so true.

If you really like the game at all just play the parts you like ignore the rest and hang on for the ride to the end because it is beyond clear it is coming. 

Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491

Not fish but GAH!!! 7%!!! ---- numerous ones before and after the winning steed was >25% chance.

my horse couldn't lose this bad if he were running backwards! must have been running on 3 legs & backwards - and geez i bet all my fish money on him too T_T

• Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    edited 24.08.2017

Not fish but GAH!!! 7%!!! ---- numerous ones before and after the winning steed was >25% chance.

my horse couldn't lose this bad if he were running backwards! must have been running on 3 legs & backwards - and geez i bet all my fish money on him too T_T

The answer is as plain as the nose on your face, GGS had decided that since females have been discriminated against since the beginning of time that they being the final lord high arbitrator in all matters have deemed that any horse with a female sounding name regardless of level shall automatically win all challengers over any and all horses with male sounding names. lol smiles
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Questions for GGS:

Is the fish HW still coming?

Has It been altered in any way?
    Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
    Somewhere along in the bitterness
    And I would have stayed up with you all night
    Had I known how to save this game

GGS you are losing a lot of long-time, great players.  They are hurt and bitter.  I cannot blame them.  Your actions are questionable to say the least.

I want my cash for my fish in inventory at the original price.  You stole my sell button and gave me no reasonable amount of time or way to sell my inventory of fish.

Please GGS, do right by the loyal players that have been here and have dealt with all the bugs over and over again. People have put too much time into this game for you to completely disregard their feelings and disrespect their game play. 

And please do this quickly before motivation sinks even deeper into the DEADsea.
    Questions for GGS:

I am thinking if there are no changes the FWHE will cause more infuriated players. I don't think GGS can handle anymore backlash at this time.
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158

I feel your pain. But as a former poker player, I've lost to odds worse than this too many times. ( hence the use of the word former )

Yes, this started happening to everyone, without ANY notice of change, just like everything else.  It is very frustrating to train your horse and breed and train again, over and over,  only to lose to a horse 40 or 50 levels less than your horse .... I too would REALLY like to know how that works.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Questions for GGS:

Hindsight being 20/20, when it didn't appear as scheduled, we should have known something was up with fishing.

As for event itself, if it shows up, it will have to be without a lot of us.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491

Don't Look Back

A new day is breakin'; 

It's been too long since I felt this way;

I did mind when I got taken; [so] 

The road is callin';  

Today is the day

I can’t see [why] It took so long to realize 

I'm much too strong and

GGS has no need to compromise

Now I see what is holding me down 

[so] I'll turn it around

I finally see the dawn arrivin' 

I see beyond the farm I'm plowin’

Far away and left behind 

It's a new horizon and I'm awakin' now

Oh I see myself in a brand new way;  

The sun is shinin'

The clouds are breakin' 

Cause I can't lose now,

there's no game to play!!

• Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69

This issue is not going to go away until the problem is fixed.

Havn't they worked that out yet?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 24.08.2017

GoodGame Rhapsody

So sad but so true.

If you really like the game at all just play the parts you like ignore the rest and hang on for the ride to the end because it is beyond clear it is coming. 

It certainly looks like it.  If you buy gold, you might want to just buy a little at a time, because you aren't getting it back if they shut down.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    edited 24.08.2017
    I can say I certainly did not "advance[d] too fast".  I have taken a major blow.  I feel I am now worse off than before the dockyard arrived.  I had sold off all my honey cream, soap, and anything else of value and used all my farm dollars to invest in the dockyard and boats in order to just participate in the FWHE they rolled out with the dockyard.  Then invested more after seeing it had the potential for a very good profit.  Now I am stuck with any profits I did make in inventory because GGS did not give a reasonable amount of time to sell off fish and did not announce it within the game.

So basically what the they are saying is that if you can build your lab in less than 50 - 60 years the game is out of balance and they need to make "adjustments."

Removed quote | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 24.08.2017
    Just remembered this great clip - GGS theme tune ???

https://youtu.be/nJq7J2uzSlc

And a couple for us players:

https://youtu.be/HYRGjMSUoU8
    https://youtu.be/ZrujXrB1_aE

Last one - for the numbers guy :

https://youtu.be/RpimiNvcRC4

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Questions for GGS:

Yea its altered in some manners dear
    U cannot find swordfish Solomon or cod shrimp oyster clam u have to do all the event using only herring best of luck. Hahahaha
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Questions for GGS:

Hindsight being 20/20, when it didn't appear as scheduled, we should have known something was up with fishing.

As for event itself, if it shows up, it will have to be without a lot of us.
    Its true but changes are made u just need to accept and waste your gold to skip to get Herring :l
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    What good are contracts like this when you can't get the Swordfish to fill them?

I hate to turn them down, but what's the alternative? Stare at them for a month while I stand on my head hoping to get a SwordFish pool once a week?

• MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 24.08.2017
    The Truth is - we have not received a clear answers from the developers & game' community GM's on what will be changed to satisfy the customers and bring them back to playing the game, investing in it - time & money (buying gold).

The option of NOT being able to sell fish ourselves, but only in poorly controlled contracts is NOT satisfactory.
    As much as I enjoy receiving various gifts for my farm - the base of operating my farms is $$$ !!
    And I need a lot of them for all upgrades, which will be coming my way soon.
    I'm not a high level player and I do need to admit I have been playing the game ON & OFF, due to lack of time sometimes, and also due to finding the game too slow with no progress (or extremely slow progress whn it comes to growing, expanding and building things up).
    Lets see what would I need my boat-fleet to fish for:
    Lvl 7 Lab - 27, 950,000 mln
    Lvl7 Shop  - 20,000, 000 mln
    Lester Stash (as yes Im using the Organic market to make additional income for my farms) - 32,000,000 mln
    all the Orchards on Flower Farms way above 10mln each 

You can NOT tell me- lowering the prices of fish slows down the game. What it actually does - it makes everything in the game not being affordable once more...and I don't even want to think about it, but it does come to mind - in few weeks I might give up on the game again. Too slow, too much to do - not enough enjoyment with the invested time (and gold).

The "fishing money" provided a nice buffer so even a lower, medium level players could finally enjoy the temporary events - Islands, Vikings , candy farm. All of which cost 50mln ++ if you want to have some fun with it and get some nicer decos, more seeds for the boat , so you can also play the Horse Ranch.

The confusing answer, which we had received - about NOT adjusting the Equipment/ Crew prices & the rare more seldom showing up of Swordfish pools saddened me deeply.
    The locking up of Fish selling was easily coded and implemented - but following thru, and adjusting the tools for fishing to match the low (pathetic price) is NOT possible ??? how come?

Something is wrong with the Re-BALANCE picture very wrong & I'm becoming more and more displeased with the game and non-existent Customer satisfaction :(

Related image

Edit:
    Playing the game with unfair changes and dealing with vague, dodgy answers from developers is like being on a BAD DATE , lol -  when you roll your eyes, give short brush answers and finally walk out, because you can't fake it anymore.
    Is this what GGS wants all the players to do - stop playing the game or delete their farms - really?

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 24.08.2017
    Dear GGS (and players, if they are still any zealous to read long posts),

I am not a very chaty person, so I thought some time if I am going to write anything all (doubting it will get to an open ear anywhere), but got to give it a try anyway.

Seams that I was one of the few ones that did not get anraged or too emotional about the whole DSF buisness. Not because I like it, but sadly because I play BF long enough that I somehow got used to such actions. 

My thoughts about balansing: Well, this game is hard to balance, I admit it. Esspetially because of its varity: its played all over the world by poor and rich, old and young, different coutries and so on. There is another concept - comparing to other server games, its long going - there is no server restart at time intervals and so you have to deal also with the gap between begining players and old players.

Taking all this into accout, introducing a high profit DFS looked to me like a realy smart thing. This is why:
    1 - It enabled new players to catch old players and so not loose interest. Old players already got their farm developed and play moved from a farm building game to a event orineted game with CC and now WCC in a main focus. This game become very complicated for a new player and something had to be done to encourage new players to enter and STAY playing. Hitting highly expensive island on level 30 discourages many players, for one thing.
    2 - It rebalances some of the overprized (mildly speaking) buildings like laboratory, Lester seacret stach and matilda academy. Well, the last two are still useless, but at least laboratory got some meaning after introducing DFS. And similar with  the village. Its just tooo long run project and many players find it useless. With enough dolars on a market we played village - as we loose nothing and at least have something nice to build.
    I do understand the concept that you do want I to choose and do not play everything, but what is the point if you take efford and make a wonderfull event and than make it unreachable but for few (like laboratory and village).

It got a few traps, I admitt, but that could be dealt otherwize:
    1. Main and partly gournament become more event orineted, and flower farm and part of gournament farm were dollar producer. These makes tham uselles after DSF. Making events that use flower and gournament products could be a good solution of this.
    2. Organic market becomes uselles - make contracts give prices like tokens ect. instead of dollar.
    3. New players do not develop their farms due to DSF - rebalance the levels when new thing come into the play. 
    4. HWF (hard work fishing) was too easy - o.k. I addmit it, but the event can be balaced approprietely in that case.

As for my point of view, things are now again out of balance.

Bit now, couple of things I REALY do not understand:
     You must have realized that "rebalancing" woud couse such a reaction of players. Please do not tell me that you are supprised by the reaction of players. And you now it would cause quiting, no gold buying strikes and would disscourage new players after reading all these posts. SO WHY DID YOU DO IT???

1. If you ment it to be a temporary thing : you coud say so, or even better, make it as an event. Players would know that it olny lasts short period of time and would rush with a gold skipping to make most of it. As it was not anounced as temporary, no gold was invested, as there was a time anyway. It also made most players feel betrayed lost trust in you.

2. If you ment it to be a permanent thing and things run badly, you can at least tell us, what went out of balance and was not expected on seen before, esspetialy if you (as you say yourself) find our feedback valuable. We can have some nice ideas. Anyway, constant updating and changing of the game couses players to constantly rethink our strategies. So why do not you. If some feature did not work as intendid, make another turn in game desigh that does not make players erupt like a volcano. Wraping everything in: "something is out of balance, but it is is a top secret" just makes players doubtfull and loose your trust.

3. If it was a mistake, just say so and say sorry. Everybody makes mistakes.

Its like driving down the road. I addmit I am enjoying driving the road that drives trough interesting part of the country making many turns much more than driving down the highway. But driving over the bridge and than finding out that they have to close it, because it may collaps, but pssst, we can not tell you why or how is copleately another story.

Do not get me wrong. I love the game and I do not mean to stop playing. I am just much, much, much more carefull in spending gold than I used to be in the begining of the game, as it is very risky investment.

Sign In to comment.