Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• GGS have the cheek to put on a mushroom hunt. You know what they say about mushrooms -keep them in the dark and feed them bull***t. Same goes for their customers me thinks.
  • two possibilities:

1. Maybe it's taking them so long to fix their 'adjustments' because they are putting some thought into the math this time.

or...

2. The translation for GGS 'adjustments' is:  "Intentionally changing the rules of a game after it's already started and you've tricked people into basing their game plan on the original rules."  In most games this is called CHEATING.  At Big Farm it's apparently called 'challenging'.  I suppose one could consider playing a game with someone who cheats to be a challenge.  Others would see it as an indication that maybe it's time to play with someone else.
  • I agree with everyone. The fishing changes make me think of quitting the game and I've been playing for two years plus.The GGS can suck it.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Your passion as a community is commendable

PASSION??  My PASSION?  My passions were curtailed by the forum.  GGS, you certainly have not seen my passion. Any slight of REAL passion I did show was either modified or removed. (I don't blame the mods, they are only doing their jobs)  Moderation limits my ability to show how passionate I really am. 

GGSs blatant disregard for its players is quite obvious.  They must have had a major drop in gold for the CC. Because here they are now right after the CC has ended with a half-baked response.  Basically saying, we care but then again we don't care how you feel because we only care about the numbers that benefit us.  What it boils down to is the later part, they really don't care.  

They came like thieves in the night, stealing the sell button and wreaking havoc on anything that remained (sending bouts out much farther, preventing spawning on more valuable fish, even though they are necessary for the daily tasks and fish market).  They did this with extreme swiftness, they took the peoples money and ran! There was and still is absolutely no reason they can not offer a one time ability to sell what we have in inventory. 

Many people invested a great amount of time and money based on the potential income from the dockyard. Many people changed their entire game play based on the income from the dockyard.  Many people continued to upgrade the village based on the potential income from the dockyard  Many people opened up the island for the first time based on the potential income from the dockyard.  We cannot demolish the village buildings and we certainly cannot relock the boat for the island.  Many have over extended their buying power and have no way to repay the bank or the interest.  How do we fix this??  With some karma balls or rakes?????  Karma balls and rakes will not cut it, they do not pay the bills.  It will not replace the great amount of time many have put into it, or the gold spent, or the farm dollars invested!  Many feel manipulated and conned. 

I obviously will suffer the losses for my investment of building up the dockyard and fleet but I want my cash for the fish stuck in inventory!  I refuse to touch the dockyard area until I am able to sell my inventory for the original price.
  • GGS have the cheek to put on a mushroom hunt. You know what they say about mushrooms -keep them in the dark and feed them bull***t. Same goes for their customers me thinks.
    You summed it up VERY nicely, Fiona!  ALL 65 pages in 3 sentences!!   :p
  • The apash (RO1)The apash (RO1) Posts: 15
    edited 23.08.2017
    You're not supposed to wait 8 days to give a feedback (because this is not a resolution just a feedback or an acknowledge) and in the interval to post another misdirection post.

Based on the response time, I'll say:, cool down and wait for Xmas, at least, for a resolution.

I don't get this part:

" We thank the moderators for bringing your thoughts and ideas to our attention"

This is not a pool researcher role? A quiz to ask for 5 improvements on subject will not be easier? and cheaper?
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    I have a contract with 15 brushes as the reward.  15 brushes.  Will I have contracts with 100 brushes when fish market is upgraded?  Because I really don't want to bother to upgrade it for brushes.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    They are not gonna listen to any one they will do what they want to do to they are just stalling the time nothing else u know if this post goes on for a few days more people shouldn't even try to bother to place a comment and then ggs says yes there is no changing and the way the game is remain the same :kissing_heart: like this
  • I just read the new GGS statement...

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3618622/#Comment_3618622

I cannot believe that they missed the mark this badly.  I gave them some credit for being able to potentially find the right middle ground.  Clearly they have failed at that.  I am stunned by the tone-deafness of this unfortunate statement.
    Here is their statement, it was added to the official announcement for 8/116/17
    CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 10
    06:09 edited 08:05
    ETA: To be clear, the announcement was intended to inform you all that changes are coming and discussions are being had over exactly what changes will be made. It was not our intent to imply no changes would be made, only that we cannot provide specific details about what they are just at the moment. We apologise if this was unclear previously.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Community,

We in the community management department would like to present you with some of the discussion we have had internally in relation to the recent Deep Sea fishing changes. It was clear that it was not possible to continue to provide such high dollar amounts as rewards for this feature but in making the changes that were made we can also see the backlash from the community and room for adjustment and optimisation of this feature. We would like to apologise for our perceived lack of action in this situation, the community reaction was so strong that making any statement became difficult as there were and still are many opinions from you all coming in thick and fast. We thank the moderators for bringing your thoughts and ideas to our attention and we also kept an eye on as much of the communication between you all as was possible. As a result the community and game teams have met to discuss the situation and while we cannot provide highly specific information we can at least inform you of the current discussion and let you know more about the future of  Deep Sea fishing.

Firstly we would like to thank you all for your suggestions, ideas and passionate statements. While many of you are angry about the changes that were made there were also many comments that contained suggestions and ideas as to how we could  improve the situation that were invaluable in the discussion. Your passion as a community is commendable and even at times when you feel the way you have this past week you are still providing us with vital feedback and ideas.

Contracts
    Many of you have said that the contracts do not provide much value and are therefore not very attractive to you, not just in comparison to the extremely high earning potential that was previously possible but also in regard to the cost of catching the fish required for the contracts. While this improves in later contract levels we recognise that the current rewards and requirements, particularly in lower level contracts are not appealing and so these will be analysed by the game team in the hopes that we can make some alterations to provide a smoother progression in the development of contract levels and a faster pace of development.

Direct selling
    While it is not possible to provide the dollar rewards to players as they previously were we also recognise your desire to choose how you play the game. It is therefore possible that the direct sales of fish could make a return in future, but please bear in mind that this is not confirmed and that sell values will be considerably lower than previously if direct selling does make a comeback.

Ponds, times, equipment
    As many of you are aware the fishing spots were also rebalanced to provide high value fish less often than before. We truly apologise for not including this in the original announcement, it was not our intent to conceal this fact from you and it was an error on our part that the information was not included and not therefore down to the moderators. While the current balance is not likely to be changed many alternatives were discussed to this situation and they are being evaluated as to the best fit and implementation. Fishing times, chum production times and equipment costs are also unlikely to change but, as with the balance of the fishing spots, alternatives have been and are being discussed.

We hope to create a more unified and consistent experience, not just within Deep Sea Fishing but across the entire game. While specific alterations will be mentioned in patch notes and will not come immediately we assure you that Deep Sea Fishing is a key point of discussion.

Thank you for your time, patience and most of all your passion!

Your Community Management Team
    Post edited by CM_Hunter at 08:05
     Flag ·  13Like  36LOL

**** @gavinfarms (US1)  I agree with your comment about this statement!  They just don't get it! 
    :(:(:'(  
  • Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87

lost count on how many days not logging in

but it was the very next day after the update

and the last speech by cm hunter says do not expect anything good anytime soon

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I just read the new GGS statement...

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3618622/#Comment_3618622

I cannot believe that they missed the mark this badly.  I gave them some credit for being able to potentially find the right middle ground.  Clearly they have failed at that.  I am stunned by the tone-deafness of this unfortunate statement.
    Here is their statement, it was added to the official announcement for 8/116/17
    CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 10
    06:09 edited 08:05
    ETA: To be clear, the announcement was intended to inform you all that changes are coming and discussions are being had over exactly what changes will be made. It was not our intent to imply no changes would be made, only that we cannot provide specific details about what they are just at the moment. We apologise if this was unclear previously.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Community,

We in the community management department would like to present you with some of the discussion we have had internally in relation to the recent Deep Sea fishing changes. It was clear that it was not possible to continue to provide such high dollar amounts as rewards for this feature but in making the changes that were made we can also see the backlash from the community and room for adjustment and optimisation of this feature. We would like to apologise for our perceived lack of action in this situation, the community reaction was so strong that making any statement became difficult as there were and still are many opinions from you all coming in thick and fast. We thank the moderators for bringing your thoughts and ideas to our attention and we also kept an eye on as much of the communication between you all as was possible. As a result the community and game teams have met to discuss the situation and while we cannot provide highly specific information we can at least inform you of the current discussion and let you know more about the future of  Deep Sea fishing.

Firstly we would like to thank you all for your suggestions, ideas and passionate statements. While many of you are angry about the changes that were made there were also many comments that contained suggestions and ideas as to how we could  improve the situation that were invaluable in the discussion. Your passion as a community is commendable and even at times when you feel the way you have this past week you are still providing us with vital feedback and ideas.

Contracts
    Many of you have said that the contracts do not provide much value and are therefore not very attractive to you, not just in comparison to the extremely high earning potential that was previously possible but also in regard to the cost of catching the fish required for the contracts. While this improves in later contract levels we recognise that the current rewards and requirements, particularly in lower level contracts are not appealing and so these will be analysed by the game team in the hopes that we can make some alterations to provide a smoother progression in the development of contract levels and a faster pace of development.

Direct selling
    While it is not possible to provide the dollar rewards to players as they previously were we also recognise your desire to choose how you play the game. It is therefore possible that the direct sales of fish could make a return in future, but please bear in mind that this is not confirmed and that sell values will be considerably lower than previously if direct selling does make a comeback.

Ponds, times, equipment
    As many of you are aware the fishing spots were also rebalanced to provide high value fish less often than before. We truly apologise for not including this in the original announcement, it was not our intent to conceal this fact from you and it was an error on our part that the information was not included and not therefore down to the moderators. While the current balance is not likely to be changed many alternatives were discussed to this situation and they are being evaluated as to the best fit and implementation. Fishing times, chum production times and equipment costs are also unlikely to change but, as with the balance of the fishing spots, alternatives have been and are being discussed.

We hope to create a more unified and consistent experience, not just within Deep Sea Fishing but across the entire game. While specific alterations will be mentioned in patch notes and will not come immediately we assure you that Deep Sea Fishing is a key point of discussion.

Post edited by CM_Hunter at 08:05
     Flag ·  13Like  36LOL

**** @gavinfarms (US1)  I agree with your comment about this statement!  They just don't get it! :(:(:'(  

I agree this is like rubbing salt in a wound. They really have no clue.

BUT I am also surprised they responded at all even if what they said was nothing but double talk.
  • @gavinfarms (US1)

Thank you for sharing the latest from the gods of Hamburg.  They are the spin masters of understatement. Some backlash, some anger. WOW Seems to me they didn't expect this much anger and backlash and don't know what to do and they are trying to mollify us with vague promises of change that more then likely will never come. They must think we are all naive children who don't know any better to even post something like this. They have had over a week to come up with something and this is the best they can come up with ????
    @Thorim (US1) I agree completely!     

@CM_Hunter , @pichu, @WascallyWabbit, @CuddlyFoxes  I hope that you all see this, especially CM_Hunter as well as @gavinfarms (US1)  statement:

I agree with this too, as well as most every statement on the forum.  GGS does not seem to know their own game!  I wonder how many hours a day the CM team and developers ever even play this game!  Have some respect for your players!  LISTEN TO US!! 

@CM_Hunter  Here is a ink to my post on page 56.  Please read it for yourself and share it with the team, etc!

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3615504/#Comment_3615504

• After reading ggs excuses for the turn around on selling deep sea fish, I'm totally gob smacked :(

They are treating us like Children & telling us what we can do, when & what for ??  their only concern is to get more players to buy & use gold for everything :(  If it is a balance in the game, reduce the price for the fish & give us the choice to sell or not !

I have been playing BF for over 4 years & some decisions ggs have made, have been questionable, but this is just a blatant attempt to extort more money from us & keep us all broke to the point we have no choice but to buy more & use more gold.

What they expect us to pay to equip & stock our boats out ways most profits, unless you are a high level player,
    So again the smaller farmers have to struggle & use gold to get anywhere :(

It seems to me that ggs no longer care about new or low level players, As with the Challenge, they pit low level player with others above level 200 + that in itself tells the story....gold, gold, gold & it's killing the game for those of us that used to love it :(

I am just one voice, but if enough of us can stand up & tell them that we will not be treated with such contempt & continue to play the game, maybe they will reconsider & put their players interests above the almighty dollar ?

Thanks for listening guys & have a great day all :)
    Tina B
  • They care about no players, Tina. They played the windfall. I hope it was enough.
  • You're not supposed to wait 8 days to give a feedback (because this is not a resolution just a feedback or an acknowledge) and in the interval to post another misdirection post.

Based on the response time, I'll say:, cool down and wait for Xmas, at least, for a resolution.

I don't get this part:

" We thank the moderators for bringing your thoughts and ideas to our attention"

This is not a pool researcher role? A quiz to ask for 5 improvements on subject will not be easier? and cheaper?
    I wonder what you really said The apash (RO1)  because I noticed at the bottom of your page the Post was edited by a  WascallyWabbit at 14:00. 

I don't understand why & no explanation was given...Here's a suggestion you can add to the pile thrown outside the GGS building never to be looked at again..
    Suggestion for the future.. delete post only if you can not stomach the truth, do not edit what I say.. aren't you smug to dare to change my thoughts & dictate to me what I should say, or how I should feel or think .  That should go for anyone else for that matter. 

What is that saying...."Your Not the Boss of Me"  B)

• cordia (AU1)cordia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 39
    Reading the new statement, I think the powers that be are acknowledging all the areas of feature changes we are not happy with, but they have not acknowledged our concerns with the process. They need to acknowledge the issues there, and start following a much better change process, if they want to build trust with disgruntled persons again.

I agree with others  that something as major as dsf, should have gone on the test server first. Maybe they will go back to that for the volcanic farm. Or maybe there are issues with using test server that we not aware of and they have not explained to us. 

Rolling back the changes to dsf for the period of short event maybe 3 days, announcing it first so people can be ready, that does not sound technically difficult, and would help the people who got caught out with big inventories etc. That might be good, and likely it be taken by many as a sure sign of intended good faith, i think. 

my two clams.

• blossom (GR1)blossom (GR1) GR1 Posts: 376
    To avoid all the problems GGS should say from the beggining: Dear players GGS has decided to give you extra tones of money for this summer through your new fishing area. Its a gift until the day the new fish market begins. Use your money wise.

Or the notification about the mistake should be 1 week before the new fish market starts not one day before.

Greetings from Greece
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    BF Moderators: Sire, Sire, the peasants are revolting
    GGS Management: yes they are, tell them to buy more gold
  •  
    They care about no players, Tina. They played the windfall. I hope it was enough.

Reminds me of a popular restaurant that made a lot of people sick from bad food.....I've never gone back.  How can you trust them?  I think they went bankrupt.  

• You're not supposed to wait 8 days to give a feedback (because this is not a resolution just a feedback or an acknowledge) and in the interval to post another misdirection post.

I don't get this part:

I wonder what you really said The apash (RO1)  because I noticed at the bottom of your page the Post was edited by a  WascallyWabbit at 14:00. 

The Edit was not relevant. I quoted a picture from another user and channel in a short sentence my frustration as approval.

WascallyWabbit, sorry to see you used as a suggestion collector, but here 2 more opinions:

As is fish market is self shooting in the leg:
    - you can't control what fish will come in pools and you can't buy fish
    - you can't sell fish which is stock pilling and not required in any request, such herring.
    - tricks object are over played in rewards

As a result I'm forced to drop contracts which I can't see myself fulfill in next one week.
    Bad part is that are the only contracts which really worth the effort.
    They are asking for yellow fish (the one with sword fish in pool, I don't know the name in English) and the last time I see a pool with it, it was in first day of redesign, or large quantity of tuna which at current rate of pool dropping, will be achievable in 2 week time.
    I admit I sold everything before update due to experience with game changes, but I also bought large equipment quantities at same time so I can't really feel the bad deal for now so I'm still fishing

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 23.08.2017
    I am right there with you @Wendytsj626Girl (US1)  I am so affronted by this and be very hard if not impossible for me to trust this company after this. 

Cm hunter says

A whole re-evaluation  of the whole game is indeed needed  specifically everything related to that coop village which killed the fun factor of the game.  
    BF Moderators: Sire, Sire, the peasants are revolting
    GGS Management: yes they are, tell them to buy more gold
    oh my,  I dang near spit my pop out through my nose onto my keyboard.  That was very funny and yet so true.  Thank you so much for the laugh.
  • After reading the latest announcement for 8/116/17. I couldnt believe what was written it was condesending  claptrap. How you even think that was equivalent to a genuine apology amazes me .Real people have spent Real money on this game and you treat them abysmally. and for all the nice remarks on passion and feedback seems reading between the lines nothing was learned . I personally feel you are yet again dangling an imaginary carrot at the  masses . I will never play DSF again im using up what i have and all can rust . Also I will never invest my time or money again untill something has been well established so we see what we get for our money .
  • Grünter (DE1)Grünter (DE1) DE1 Posts: 151
    I once played a game where they invited 100 players (most of the top100, but also smaller ones) to try big changes on a test server. We did good work and documented pages over pages of bugs. The changes never came because they could not fix what we found.

@GGS
    Maybe it would have been a good idea to try things on a test server with people that are not hired by you. I bet you find hundreds of ppl who are willing to perform tests for you just to know first what comes new. People that get wages from you are not honest concerning new ideas.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    edited 24.08.2017
    Official Big Farm Announcement
    From the GGS Gods of Hamburg
    Concerning THE VOLCANIC FARM

Beginning 8-28-2017 the new Volcanic Farm will be available for all players to play, it will be a place where you can get land expansions for next to nothing, will have three building slots dedicated to just this farm all buildings and fields will be nominally priced, fields, and orchards will be extra fertile so that they will produce yields ten times richer then you are normally used to, you will be able to sell the produce directly and can have huge profits even more obscene then the Deep Sea Farm. This should allow you to upgrade other farms more easily and to balance out previous mistakes we have made. So come spend gold to expand your farm as fast as possible to reap the obscene profits to improve your other farms.

Then in tiny tiny print the disclaimer
    After investing mega millions in farm dollars and buying huge amounts of gold to expand and grow your Volcanic Farm to maximize your profits the volcano will erupt with out warning and wipe out farms and inventory. If you think the cost to expand and build your other farms is ridiculous you ain't seem nothing to you see what it is going to cost you to rebuild your farm on Volcano Farms our latest grab for your hard earned dollars

Post edited by Thorim (US1) on
    I once played a game where they invited 100 players (most of the top100, but also smaller ones) to try big changes on a test server. We did good work and documented pages over pages of bugs. The changes never came because they could not fix what we found.

@GGS
    Maybe it would have been a good idea to try things on a test server with people that are not hired by you. I bet you find hundreds of ppl who are willing to perform tests for you just to know first what comes new. People that get wages from you are not honest concerning new ideas.
    Grünter (DE1)   GGS does have a test server and they have people more than willing to test stuff for them.  And they have had players test stuff for them in the past.  That is what makes this look like such a con on their part.  The way they rolled it out, untested and so quickly and added an event dependent on the dockyard fleets.
  • MARVIC (US1)MARVIC (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Was hoping for an update after Monday to amend the DSF. It's Thursday and still no change, been reading all the post 65 pages of it some I agreed and some I didn't. After playing for four years I'm thinking of quitting. 

This game became part of my life. My kids often joked I had another kid I loved more.

• After so long to answer, I thought that reply very insulting and did not address the issues raised. Its just to fob us off and hope it slowly fades.   I still remember the mess you made of the game when you altered size of the farms and totally screwed up a lot of players flower farm.That took months to put right. Very rarely do you add anything to the game that does not screw something else up.  I for one will not wait that long again. My option is find somebody else to take over my coop or close it. Played for roughly 4 years and this insult is the straw that broke the camels back.

I am so glad I have chosen to no longer play the dockyard area.  I have stupid little crustaceans (shrimp, clams, oysters) worth less than the cost to send the boat out in the middle of the DEADsea with 14% possible loss. Also, it would take 9.5 hours to catch these worthless crustaceans.  GGS has completely lost it.  They are adding insult to injury and it is very heart-breaking.  
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
Sign In to comment.