Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I just read the new GGS statement...

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3618622/#Comment_3618622

I cannot believe that they missed the mark this badly.  I gave them some credit for being able to potentially find the right middle ground.  Clearly they have failed at that.  I am stunned by the tone-deafness of this unfortunate statement.
    Here is their statement, it was added to the official announcement for 8/116/17
    CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 10
    06:09 edited 08:05
    ETA: To be clear, the announcement was intended to inform you all that changes are coming and discussions are being had over exactly what changes will be made. It was not our intent to imply no changes would be made, only that we cannot provide specific details about what they are just at the moment. We apologise if this was unclear previously.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Community,

We in the community management department would like to present you with some of the discussion we have had internally in relation to the recent Deep Sea fishing changes. It was clear that it was not possible to continue to provide such high dollar amounts as rewards for this feature but in making the changes that were made we can also see the backlash from the community and room for adjustment and optimisation of this feature. We would like to apologise for our perceived lack of action in this situation, the community reaction was so strong that making any statement became difficult as there were and still are many opinions from you all coming in thick and fast. We thank the moderators for bringing your thoughts and ideas to our attention and we also kept an eye on as much of the communication between you all as was possible. As a result the community and game teams have met to discuss the situation and while we cannot provide highly specific information we can at least inform you of the current discussion and let you know more about the future of  Deep Sea fishing.

Firstly we would like to thank you all for your suggestions, ideas and passionate statements. While many of you are angry about the changes that were made there were also many comments that contained suggestions and ideas as to how we could  improve the situation that were invaluable in the discussion. Your passion as a community is commendable and even at times when you feel the way you have this past week you are still providing us with vital feedback and ideas.

Contracts
    Many of you have said that the contracts do not provide much value and are therefore not very attractive to you, not just in comparison to the extremely high earning potential that was previously possible but also in regard to the cost of catching the fish required for the contracts. While this improves in later contract levels we recognise that the current rewards and requirements, particularly in lower level contracts are not appealing and so these will be analysed by the game team in the hopes that we can make some alterations to provide a smoother progression in the development of contract levels and a faster pace of development.

Direct selling
    While it is not possible to provide the dollar rewards to players as they previously were we also recognise your desire to choose how you play the game. It is therefore possible that the direct sales of fish could make a return in future, but please bear in mind that this is not confirmed and that sell values will be considerably lower than previously if direct selling does make a comeback.

Ponds, times, equipment
    As many of you are aware the fishing spots were also rebalanced to provide high value fish less often than before. We truly apologise for not including this in the original announcement, it was not our intent to conceal this fact from you and it was an error on our part that the information was not included and not therefore down to the moderators. While the current balance is not likely to be changed many alternatives were discussed to this situation and they are being evaluated as to the best fit and implementation. Fishing times, chum production times and equipment costs are also unlikely to change but, as with the balance of the fishing spots, alternatives have been and are being discussed.

We hope to create a more unified and consistent experience, not just within Deep Sea Fishing but across the entire game. While specific alterations will be mentioned in patch notes and will not come immediately we assure you that Deep Sea Fishing is a key point of discussion.

Thank you for your time, patience and most of all your passion!

Your Community Management Team
    Post edited by CM_Hunter at 08:05
     Flag ·  13Like  36LOL

**** @gavinfarms (US1)  I agree with your comment about this statement!  They just don't get it! :(:(:'(  

I agree this is like rubbing salt in a wound. They really have no clue.

BUT I am also surprised they responded at all even if what they said was nothing but double talk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]stef7 @ us 1
  • They care about no players, Tina. They played the windfall. I hope it was enough.
  • You're not supposed to wait 8 days to give a feedback (because this is not a resolution just a feedback or an acknowledge) and in the interval to post another misdirection post.

Based on the response time, I'll say:, cool down and wait for Xmas, at least, for a resolution.

I don't get this part:

" We thank the moderators for bringing your thoughts and ideas to our attention"

This is not a pool researcher role? A quiz to ask for 5 improvements on subject will not be easier? and cheaper?
    I wonder what you really said The apash (RO1)  because I noticed at the bottom of your page the Post was edited by a  WascallyWabbit at 14:00. 

The Edit was not relevant. I quoted a picture from another user and channel in a short sentence my frustration as approval.

WascallyWabbit, sorry to see you used as a suggestion collector, but here 2 more opinions:

As is fish market is self shooting in the leg:
    - you can't control what fish will come in pools and you can't buy fish
    - you can't sell fish which is stock pilling and not required in any request, such herring.
    - tricks object are over played in rewards

As a result I'm forced to drop contracts which I can't see myself fulfill in next one week.
    Bad part is that are the only contracts which really worth the effort.
    They are asking for yellow fish (the one with sword fish in pool, I don't know the name in English) and the last time I see a pool with it, it was in first day of redesign, or large quantity of tuna which at current rate of pool dropping, will be achievable in 2 week time.
    I admit I sold everything before update due to experience with game changes, but I also bought large equipment quantities at same time so I can't really feel the bad deal for now so I'm still fishing

• Grünter (DE1)Grünter (DE1) DE1 Posts: 151
    I once played a game where they invited 100 players (most of the top100, but also smaller ones) to try big changes on a test server. We did good work and documented pages over pages of bugs. The changes never came because they could not fix what we found.

@GGS
    Maybe it would have been a good idea to try things on a test server with people that are not hired by you. I bet you find hundreds of ppl who are willing to perform tests for you just to know first what comes new. People that get wages from you are not honest concerning new ideas.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I once played a game where they invited 100 players (most of the top100, but also smaller ones) to try big changes on a test server. We did good work and documented pages over pages of bugs. The changes never came because they could not fix what we found.

@GGS
    Maybe it would have been a good idea to try things on a test server with people that are not hired by you. I bet you find hundreds of ppl who are willing to perform tests for you just to know first what comes new. People that get wages from you are not honest concerning new ideas.
    Grünter (DE1)   GGS does have a test server and they have people more than willing to test stuff for them.  And they have had players test stuff for them in the past.  That is what makes this look like such a con on their part.  The way they rolled it out, untested and so quickly and added an event dependent on the dockyard fleets.

Breakdown on the Lab
    126,321,371,000 (lab cost) ÷ 5,000,000 (Average daily earnings) = 25,264.27 days
    25,264.27 (days) ÷ 365 (days in a year) = 69.22 years to fully upgrade the Lab
    That's if you use the daily earnings to upgrade the Lab ONLY, no spending on other upgrades, islands, boosters, or anything else.
Sign In to comment.