Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Onestly, I dont like what GGS have  done with Deep See game, but if I work in GGS I Will not live the game as it was, I agree with them.
  • The core game (3 permanent farms) is what made such avid players out of so many of us.  It is a game of strategy.  The outcomes are certain so you can plan for the long term - what you're going to build and upgrade, how many of each, balancing it for the amount of time and frequency you can play.

More and more and more, GGS has been making BigFarm a game of chance.  More and more, the outcomes depend on luck (or the amount of gold you buy.)

Deep Sea fishing began as a game of strategy and has now been turned utterly into a game of chance.  As a strategy game, it was fun.  As a game of chance, it is not merely of no interest - it is NO FUN.

How much would the 3 permanent farms be liked if BigFarm randomly blew tornadoes through your farms destroying your houses, decos and processing buildings?  Or if a plague of locusts could randomly destroy your crop harvests for the past week?  Or if your farm suddenly got Mad Cow disease and you had to start from scratch again?  And you'd spin a wheel to determine how big your lawsuit damages would be?

The difference between strategy and chance is, to a large extent and for a great many players, the difference between FUN and NO FUN.

I agree that this should be a game of strategy. When you start it is soo. But playing you discover that some things are not a meter of chanse nor strategy but dont know what.(for example: Wheel of fortune is false.of 130 ttoken someone can not get evrithing that is on Wheel. The same problem is with horse competition.)

With this last game-Deep See it was a strategy, but on 1 place a meter of experience points. No meter how good Fisher you ware if you ware on low level you could win max 10mio/day, midle position (<90 coud have max 30mio/day but big farms (>120 ) more than 100mio/day.

With this rate of ganing money big farms Would soon finish evrithing- nothing more to build or to play.

Virtual games are endless they can always create new farms...sure I could visit 100 per day...lol
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 22.08.2017

I had this problem before the fish market, seemed no matter what protection I bought the other hazards would take the fish anyway. I was averaging 10% loss on all ships. Some would lose nothing, but others would lose 30%.  Adding protection meant losing 11.4% of total capacity for each type on my Runabouts, having all five would reduce the haul by 57%.  So I quit buying protection and took the chance on 30%.

I haven't lost anything since the day after the new Fish Market opened, I don't send out the ships anymore. I've been dismantling my farms and demolishing my boats instead.  I was looking forward to upgrading the dock yard and buying the Skipjack and Trawler, but the changes to the fishing ended that. 

Thank you Eric, this is interesting info, tho it's sad to read that you too are dismantling  :-(  

I never had any loss higher than 10 % before and actually I had a selection of protections depending on fish type and location, and I was using no protection at all for pools of shrimp/clam/oyster and never had damage there either giving the pools were nearly onshore

But I understand this all changed because all the pools and their content have been reshuffled and we are required to go catch shrimps where icebergs can hit the boats  LOL

I am demolishing the first vessel as I type,  having 6 pools of herring / tuna and no intention to continue spending to catch herring (more than 20,000 in storage already), most of the fleet is idle at the docks, so I figured I might as well get rid of at least some of the boats

I wish I had known it earlier, I did spend time and gold to build my fleet to find out that it is a huge investment that won't see the profits any time soon if ever, and it was totally unneeded 

• cordia (AU1)cordia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 39
    I've stopped playing dsf in disgust, but I am hoping things will get better, and i enjoy the posts, so I keep reading ...

I did get a bit of a chuckle from the post that said how now the "sharks" are down on the sand dunes, trying to stop the fishing of clams. Yep, that is what is happening?

They send out a timely press release about how well the Empire game is doing. Sucks boo to bf! Makes me wonder - again - if they do have plans to ditch bf in the foreseeable future. They could  channel more of their resources into empire and the mobile games. 
  • I have been very unhappy with the deep sea fishing changes.  Was finally having fun in this game instead of frustration in the name of 'challenges'.  Perhaps this is just the wrong game for me.  I willl be spending less time playing now because it is not fun now.  BF developers are greedy and only want more gold sales.  The rewards are too small and the cost is too great.   

• sct (GB1)sct (GB1) Posts: 23
    sct (GB1) said:
    hi Stef7,,

it is purely because I don't know  how to put the message your replying to into my message,, so I put the name there to allow them I am replying to their reply : )

@sct (GB1)  

To quote another message in your message, go to the message that you want to quote.  Click on Quote.  Then go to the bottom of the page.  A copy of that message will be in the message box.  Skip a couple of lines, so that you do not type on top of it in the brown part.  Type your message as you usually do.

To add another message, skip a couple of lines, then go to the next message you want to quote and quote it.  That message will appear at the bottom also, add your comments.
    You can add several messages if you want. 

When you are all done, submit it as usual. 

***** Whenever you want someone else to know that you have a message that mentions them, or that you especially want them to see.  Type @ and then their player name  A menu will appear as you type.  Click on their player name.  They will get a notification that a message mentions them, so that they can check it out.  :-)

thank you CraftyCritters : ),,, I will remember this,, thank you : )
  • Mrs M.B (GB1)Mrs M.B (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    This just isn't working. I am struggling to raise 52million to upgrade my 4th Trawler to level 6, it costs a lot to crew and put the equipment on to the ships/boats. Ok, no problem, I will sell what I catch at the market. Oh hang on a minute, I am only getting the option to sell oysters and clams, and for these I get a rake and a brush. What about all the other fish I have caught, I need money, not treats. 
    Please GGS, rethink this, and allow us to sell directly, as for other produce, just lower the selling price, as I do agree that the original selling prices were making it easy.

• Well since the change I'm not getting the fish I need to fill my contracts so I don't know what good the change did to help. But I feel the change has really hurt a lot of us, and maybe the change on the deep sea fishing should have been done a better way. Such as just lowering the price on the sell of the fish instead of not being able to sell for a profit. Maybe they will realize that if the game becomes to much of a gold digger then people will turn away, maybe they need to realize they need to cater to the poor as well as the rich. Their prices they want for things such as property upgrades are ridiculous they could start by lowering prices there and on many things. 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I hope that I don't make any enemies here with this post, but it's time to face the facts like I did and carry on.

This can be done and you can start making some money just as I have. It's a bit slow due to the fact that we are only getting swordfish, salmon, cod and lobster pools once every few days, but it can be done.

Stage 1 Fish market:
    Just like the Organic markets, you will start with 2 contract slots and you need all 6 before you can start increasing the contract values.

Your first contracts will only offer:
    Dig over soil
    Pet the animals

Once I filled 6 contracts I was offered:

I also noticed that I was only offered contracts that had 1 or 2 different orders.

NOTE: Your contracts and totals needed may be slightly different from mine.

Stage 2 Fish market:
    Once I filled 15 more contracts I received 2 more slots.
    Now I get contract groups that ask for 1, 2, 3 and 4 items.
    I stuck with just filling contracts that had 1 order because they were cheaper to fill.

NOTE: I have been making money, not nearly as much as before, but it shows not all is lost.

Stage 3 Fish market:
    Once I filled 20 more contracts I received 2 more slots.
    Now I get contracts that have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 orders.
    I stuck with just filling contracts that asked for 1 item because they were cheaper to fill.

NOTE: On my last set of contracts I filled 2 with 1 order in them, that gave me a total of 21 on my list. When I refreshed the market I had 6 slots and as you can see the 1 order contracts all have a value of 2 already, due to that extra contract I filled.

Now that you have 6 contract slots...
    As you know there are 6 different contract groups.
    group one = 1 order        group three = 3 orders       group five = 5 orders
    group two = 2 orders      group four = 4 orders          group six = 6 orders

Each time you fill a contract after a market refresh the value of that group goes up 2 points.
    example: Fill a group 4 contract with a value of 6 and the next group 4 contract you get after a market refresh will have a value of 8.
    Each time you decline a contract after a market refresh the value of that group goes down 2 points.
    example: Decline a group 4 contract with a value of 6 and the next group 4 contract you get after a market refresh will have a value of 4.
    For now I'm only going to fill group one contracts and decline all others. Once I get that group value up to 99 I'll work on group 2.

NOTE: I had my group one contacts value 8 and I had to decline a contract because I can't get any swordfish.
    When the market refreshed with new contracts I noticed the group one contract now had a value of 6 (I knew this would happen) and I was able to fill it.
    When the market refreshed again with new contracts I noticed the group one contracts now had a value of 7. This tells me that when you decline a contract you'll only get 1 point for the next one you fill.
    Now I am back to getting 2 points each time I fill group one contracts after a market refresh. This means you only get penalized for the first market refresh after a decline.

At value 20 I was offered:
    Dig over soil
    Pet the animals
    Rose seeds

To be continued on my website only...
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/fish_market.htm
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 22.08.2017
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) nice one. I also got 6 contracts at one time and same with you, focusing on 1 item variant because it's easier to do.

Sometimes if I got more Shrimp/Oyster/Clams pool, I using 2 lvl 6 motorboat and 3 lvl Runabout using Small Cooler on both boats (I know the risk, but it still giving profit than using default equipment) and some fish gear.

Besides that, I also using Oleg and Mermaid Bay access to earn more profit (or trade-off for DSF loss due to non-dollar contract or using this strategy)

Currently, I got 1 item variant contract with bonus value of 10. Pay attention as the bonus value increases, the contract difficulty also increases

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)   Excellent information as usual.   :)<3

I'm sure that Monica Moneybag is very happy with the "re-balance". The Dockyard made her job obsolete.  ;)

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Great job @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) Thank you for your efforts!! We at our coop are enjoying the DSF too, figuring out this new way of fishing along the way - although we are not so fast as you - and indeed also are making some money with it.
  • crf (US1) said:

As you start fishing for these first few fish and make chum you start to build your market. It took about 5 - 6 days of selling what I could and adding 4 slots to my market, and o:)low and behold o:) , new fishing opened up. I started getting a pool of Lobster and a pool of Swordfish, Salmon and Cod.  I imagine as I continue to sell in the market and create new slots for items to sell, my pools will increase. The rewards so far, well, I'll be polite and not say it because the money I made is hard to forget. LOL  So I won't regress, sorry.  Not sure yet if the rewards get better. I'll see as the game progresses. 

That's all well and good for you @crf (US1), but for me my first two contracts given me are asking for 200+ swordfish and 500+ oysters.  I haven't gotten a pool for swordfish yet, and my pools of oysters have about 30 in each one (the ones I actually do get, which so far have been 4 of them...) WOW.... it'll take weeks to fill those FIRST TWO ... meantime, what am I to do? I can't build up the contracts like you obviously can, because I don't have the pools to do it...... real piece of lameness (and that's being very nice)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    somehow I built up to getting 4 contracts, but my fishing hole spawning has not changed.... I have a swordfish contract and need 29 to complete... haven't seen a swordfish hole in 3 days...  guessing after about 20 or so more shellfish holes, maybe a swordfish will show up! LOL

sure I will get there at some point... 
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Well, I'm glad you guys are "making the best of it" with the Fish Market and thanks for the heads up.  Since I don't like the Organic Market in the first place, your information lets me know that the Fish Market will only p*ss me off.  Now I know.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I had to cancel one of my first contracts because both were for cod.  I have had no cod beds.  The second contract called for clams.  After almost one week, I finally finished it -- for about $20K.  I can make 2.5 times that with one production of apple turnovers.
  • All 6 pools are now tuna/herring. Have not seen a swordfish or cod since day 1. 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 22.08.2017
    I am sure that there are players who will follow all the info collected by CrazyBigFarm55 and others - who I may say are doing an excellent job - but I am not interested any more in this part of the farm.  My fleet was demolished days ago, as I didn't have the time or the inclination to 'study the form' and trust to luck as to what fishing holes were forthcoming.  I have made money by NOT adding crew/equipping the boats and by using the extra cash to upgrade the many buildings that had been neglected.  I have also forgotten about the village apart from doing the challenges - which when all is said and done only requires what we are producing in the first place.  No more edge plants on my main farm which are pointless planting when we are competing in missions or trying to complete events, no more exchanging farm cash for village cash, no more filling the boat with endless supplies of timber etc.  I am playing my 3 farms without all the new additions and getting more enjoyment from the game than I have for a long time.  Our little coop has not taken part in this CC, nor have we used any tokens on the CC wheel (which I have done in the past to continue getting double XP), BUT I have used a tiny amount of gold to offset a mistake I made when starting production in the bakery :(.  I for one am pleased that GGS made such a big mistake with the DSF, as it has brought me back to playing the way (in my opinion) that the game was intended to be played.  This is only my opinion, everyone has their own way of playing and no one way is right or wrong, and I wish you all luck who persevere with the DSF part of the game.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 22.08.2017
    I am sure that there are players who will follow all the info collected by CrazyBigFarm55 and others - who I may say are doing an excellent job - but I am not interested any more in this part of the farm.  My fleet was demolished days ago, as I didn't have the time or the inclination to 'study the form' and trust to luck as to what fishing holes were forthcoming.  I have made money by NOT adding crew/equipping the boats and by using the extra cash to upgrade the many buildings that had been neglected.  I have also forgotten about the village apart from doing the challenges - which when all is said and done only requires what we are producing in the first place.  No more edge plants on my main farm which are pointless planting when we are competing in missions or trying to complete events, no more exchanging farm cash for village cash, no more filling the boat with endless supplies of timber etc.  I am playing my 3 farms without all the new additions and getting more enjoyment from the game than I have for a long time.  Our little coop has not taken part in this CC, nor have we used any tokens on the CC wheel (which I have done in the past to continue getting double XP), BUT I have used a tiny amount of gold to offset a mistake I made when starting production in the bakery :(.  I for one am pleased that GGS made such a big mistake with the DSF, as it has brought me back to playing the way (in my opinion) that the game was intended to be played.  This is only my opinion, everyone has their own way of playing and no one way is right or wrong, and I wish you all luck who persevere with the DSF part of the game.
    The Village was so costly, time consuming, and boring, it quickly became background noise, visited only briefly for a hidden objects game.  I was late getting into DSF, had just upgraded a few boats, and then got hooked. (No pun intended.)  Not for the money -- I wasn't making piles of it, but because it was fun.  I finally got enthusiastic about the game again.  Now it's just plain depressing.  I send the boats out without equipment, but I'm on autopilot.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Hello my friends, do someone strong enough log in today?
    I still couldn't found my strength to do it, I'm afraid get upset, sorry for my weakness.

What's going on?
    Is there any "new re balance"?
    Sorry to say, but no, GGS is not listening to it's players, nor are they communicating with us. They are leaving us in the dark, most likely hoping we will get over it.  Ok they are scrambling to find something else screwed up to release so we can complain about that and forget about this.  rut-roh
    They are not leaving us in the dark they have already told us it is not going to change.

Read what cuddly fox posted. days ago. 
    Hello everyone,

It is correct that the current implementation of Deep Sea Fishing will not be altered

There is no ability to sell fish directly and this feature will not return to the game 

You can read the whole post in the official announcements.

How much cleared can they get.

This discussion category is not just in regards to the sell button.

Other unannounced changes were made. WascallyWabbit said he would check on it, we have received no word.

For instance:  
    The decrease and lopsidedness of fish in the pools.  
    The lack of specific fish in pools spawning such as swordfish.
    The lack of adjustment for the fishing equipment.

They can be a whole LOT clearer on this entire subject.

Do not want to squabble with you and I do not know how to put this without it sounding like I do so please keep that in mind.

To me the statement Deep Sea Fishing will not be altered mean nothing will be altered not just we will not reverse what we did.

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    No where did she say she was enjoying the DSF but trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear is what i have read as I have read her posts.  She is a big help to players providing something useful and used by so many GGS owes her a debt of gratitude but in their arrogance we know that will not happen.  I am with buddy the game now leaves a bad taste in my mouth and really has lost its appeal  and it is not the loss of deep sea fishing it is the arrogance, disrespectful, immoral and unethical way that GGS runs its company.  This has so blanketed my pleasure in the game I understand why so many people are just leaving.  Why would we want to give and help a company succeed when they so obviously could care less about what we want. No TRUST. Now I would be happy to donate 5 dollars worth of gold to @Crazybigfarm55 for all the help she has provided she excemplifies  what is good in the game.
  • ken2cool (US1)ken2cool (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 23.08.2017
    OK. I get it.

I came into the game at or about the same time Deep Sea Fishing went active. I did't know better. Thought it was part of the game. It was my big source of income. There was never a shortage of money as long as you had boats in the water.

If anybody said anything about (Organic) contracts I would state "I don't do contracts". It seemed and was) a waste of my time for as little as they paid out. Besides, I had boats :-)

Yep, you got it. Now that that instant income is gone I am learning about Contracts. It DOES add to the challenge of the game. You should NOT be able to upgrade ANYTHING you want without putting forth the smallest of effort. However, they do need to lighten up on the fishing travel times, amount of fish available per pool, types of fish, and make the rewards a tad or two better. It should NOT be next to impossible to fill these contracts. They want Swordfish and Cod but you have NOT seen a pool of them in THREE days? Give me a break.

Now, for all of you that were here BEFORE Deep Sea Fishing. SHAME ON YOU! You knew better. You knew how it was before. No, ya only CRIED about it when your little cash cow was taken back.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 23.08.2017
    I hope that I don't make any enemies here with this post, but it's time to face the facts like I did and carry on.

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

What are you suggesting, that we develop the fish market and live happily ever after ?

You didn't share with us how many herrings and shrimps you have in your inventory, and what you plan on doing with the tens of thousands, soon to become hundreds thousands excess of them.  Please go ahead and tell us   o:)  o:)o:)

I was thinking we could propose to GGS that we give the herrings to Santa so that Santa gives us a deco, LOL another deco........how is that for an idea ......

We could even have a forum contest for the best fish market deco,  I could propose something like a shining golden giant smiling swordfish 

Now you guys don't just rush out stealing my idea.... LOL

•  Where are the lobsters, cod, swordfish, and salmon!!! I can't get anymore contracts to fill until i get these two finished !!!   I don't like the changes but i thought i would fill some contracts to see if it got better BUT NO   lobsters, cod, swordfish, and salmon!!!!!!!!!!! Fix this PLEASE GGS.   I am about to just give up on trying! They need to find a BETTER balance.  
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    off topic here but can anyone log into the game. I was logged in got bumped off and now can not get back. Is it just me????
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you @FarmerCli (US1)  for making it clear. I try reading the post in this channel but after a while they make my head spin, so many of them to catch up with all the time.

To answer a questions she had before, no I'm not enjoying the DSF anymore. I am just trying to help others make the best out of what we have. When I first started playing this game it used to be so much fun, but now it's so much work. We all jumped in and leveled this Dockyard and all our boats not knowing they would be so worthless later on. Now most of us have a leveled Dockyard and very expensive boats. It makes no since to me to let that all go to waste.

To answer @PCA (GB1) post. I wasn't suggesting anything. We are stuck with a Dockyard and a fishing fleet now that has no purpose except for the Fish market. I never said it was gonna happen overnight and I never said it was gonna be easy. That is what I do, I study new events and I work out the cheapest, fastest and easiest way to get things done then I share that with others. 
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Sigh :(  Once again GGS has managed to chip away at any incentive we had to play... I was out of town when all this fish market thing happened and have to say quite irritated that I have a huge stockpile of fish I can't sell!  and have to wait for the right fish market orders to come up to sell off - then on top of that not all the orders are cash! ugh!!!!!  

Have to say that my desire to play this game has reached an all time low and about ready to throw in the towel -if it weren't for a fantastic group of players in our co-op I would be saying adios GGS!  For now just gonna enjoy our little co-op and the atmosphere WE create that GGS can't mess with - well until they decide to eliminate the chat and messaging  - which they will probably get around to at some point!
Sign In to comment.