Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    maybe in that new land (I saw some players talking about it), we will be able to make more money..
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 22.08.2017
    ....I no longer care.  GGS will never be able to add anything different (note the upcoming Oktoberfest) that will ever excite me again! My attitude toward the game is flat, no longer thrilling like it used to be.  Sorry GGS...but like I say...a type of Divine Intervention to get me unhooked from the game.  For this I am truly thankful!

are you ???

do you mean that you are not waiting anxiously, and biting your nails, and not sleeping obsessed with the thought of what the next wheel of fortune during the Oktoberfest could be like ?    o:) 

awwwww.....   

•   B)B)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Folks this site is just a game.  I have to laugh when I hear how many millions were invested in ships.  Not counting in the gold spenders here, just game millions.   IT'S FAKE MONEY!  
    If you spent gold, did you have fun?   Consider it like money spent to go to the movies.  It's over in 2 hours or less.   Was it fun?  Money is gone.  

I bet I am not the only one, who occasionally spend a little real money here. But I do not spend real money on the movies, ice cream, vacations, or other things where the fun just last for a short while, and then the money and the fun is gone. I spend my money, in real life, and in the game, on things I can benefit from for years. Maybe I am a boring person, I am definitely a poor one. I spend my money, after careful consideration, on things that lasts. 
    But this IS a temporary thing.  All online games are.  They can change, or go away at any time and it's not OUR game, it's theirs to do with as they please.   

Sad you never spend money on vacations or movies or anything.  Memories do last forever.  

Now if you want to play a game and not have to worry that something you like will vanish, I'd say buy one, install it on your computer, and you have what you have.  It will not pull the rug out from under you and take away something your doing.   But here?  We are at the mercy of who ever is in charge.  Just like real life jobs. Sometimes the boss is smart, easy to work with, makes a lot of profit for the company, and sometimes the boss has no business being the boss.  
    Only option for us is put up with it, complain in hopes they see reason, or leave.  
    Memories are not dependent on vacations and stuff. Memories can just as well be made walking in the woods looking at rabbits and flowers. The best memories of my life did not cost anything. 

And most things you buy come with a warranty, the company guaranties that what they sell will be usable for at least a certain amount of time. Or I will get a new thing, or my money back.

If a company wants satisfied customers, they stand by their promises, and they do not make promises with the intention to break them. 
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    The core game (3 permanent farms) is what made such avid players out of so many of us.  It is a game of strategy.  The outcomes are certain so you can plan for the long term - what you're going to build and upgrade, how many of each, balancing it for the amount of time and frequency you can play.

More and more and more, GGS has been making BigFarm a game of chance.  More and more, the outcomes depend on luck (or the amount of gold you buy.)

Deep Sea fishing began as a game of strategy and has now been turned utterly into a game of chance.  As a strategy game, it was fun.  As a game of chance, it is not merely of no interest - it is NO FUN.

How much would the 3 permanent farms be liked if BigFarm randomly blew tornadoes through your farms destroying your houses, decos and processing buildings?  Or if a plague of locusts could randomly destroy your crop harvests for the past week?  Or if your farm suddenly got Mad Cow disease and you had to start from scratch again?  And you'd spin a wheel to determine how big your lawsuit damages would be?

The difference between strategy and chance is, to a large extent and for a great many players, the difference between FUN and NO FUN.
  • Finally got 6 contract opened 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    GGS does not guarantee the game.... they can and will do what they want with it... from their TOS:

"Goodgame Studios continuously updates, changes, and develops its online and mobile games and other services at its own discretion. Users can therefore only participate in the respective online game, mobile game, or other offer in its respective form provided at any given time. Goodgame Studios retains the right to cease operating an online or mobile game or remove a specific service without explanation."
  • Hmm, strange - my posts about the phantom flag waver have been deleted.  I didnt abuse anyone or use profanities, so what did I do wrong???

If they (the mod's) don't like what you say...they delete it...could be worse, they can also change your post to read the way they want it too...AND that's just wrong !!
  • sct (GB1) said:

hi Artful : )

I work it out like this,, I have a contract that requires,, 494 clams,, 591 swordfish,, 450 tuna,, 105 lobster,, worth $15,232,712 and 5 karma's.... that is 1640 fishy things(lol),, regardless of what they was worth,, or how many come from what pool,, it is total 1640 fish,,, my trawler catches 227 fish at a time using 1 capacity, 7 of Roy(fish per hr), and if I wanted to, fill the remaining spaces with protection..... the total costs of 1 boat trip, with all protection,, costs are $161,000,, if you send out 8 that gives a cost of $1,288,000 which catches1816 fish....... and with the contract worth over $15 and a few friendship tokens,, that is a lot of profit still : ).... unless i'm missing something : /.....

I do use boats in different ways,, different times,, to make all boats finish at each pool at roughly the same time,, this keeps all my boats busy, at all times : ),,, e.g, night time,,, use the guy to give longer at pool,, then this saves using soo many Roys ; )

hope this helps : ),, and if not,, if i'm missing something,, please let me know : ),

You're missing the fact we don't all have trawlers.

The Swordfish alone was worth $27.888-mil, Clams $1.729-mil, Tuna $7.481-mil, Lobster $1.903-mil,   Total was $39.001-mil under the old prices, and you didn't have to wait weeks for the right pools to appear so you can complete a few random contracts. You're posting about 39% of the old price from your current contracts, seems a bit high.  Being able to harvest said fish seems odd as well.  The rest of us are getting orders for things we do not have and can't pull from the sea anytime soon and we're being offered much less.

To supply your 1640 unit contracts I would have to send out my Runabouts 24 times at cost of $6.069-mil, this doesn't account for the average 10% of fish lost per boat. And my fish contracts paid no where near what you've posted, nearly half get declined because they offered no cash at all.  I would be lucky to see $6 to $8 mil if I had six contracts all offering cash. A profit of $0-2 mil and a week, or two, or three of waiting while the fish I had in inventory were unwanted.

There is no positive spin on this Fish Market.   This "re-balance" was not, and will not be a positive change for the players.  GGS may see a large reduction in gold sales as a result, so it may not benefit them either. 
  • Well it obviously didn't work because my Monday 18h00 to 21h00 is not ticked
    @Bevk (INT1) Does your Monday look like this?

If not, please can you post a screenshot showing what it does look like. Thankyou

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    PCA (GB1) said:

Has anyone noticed the damage and loss of fish is now up to 30% of total fish caught ?

It has happened a few times to me, and never to the useless herring that keeps accumulating in my inventory,  20,138 herring stored as I type, with no chances to do anything with it

I have seen also a 30% loss on clams, as if sharks and icebergs could affect taking clams from the sand where the water is 5 inches deep... sharks  lol

Oh and yes, now these clam/shrimp/oyster pools form just about everywhere, in the middle of the ocean to the Arctic 

History repeats itself with GGS but geography is not their forte .....

This below was my first pool with lobster in 2 days,  next time I will have to ask the coast guard to help....

We are losing fish......... and interest !!! but  GGS is losing paying clients.  No answer so far to any of this mess

U have to let the sharks know that ggs shield I am having u can't attack but I think u do the opposite u ask the ggs sharks are attacking on me 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    seems like ggs fishing expert doesnot coming at the office thats why no information about the old fishing region .

or u want to say holidays going on :pensive:
    Probably out taking a math class!

one can only hope and pray that is what he is doing

Hey is this the guy from ggs :wink:
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    The core game (3 permanent farms) is what made such avid players out of so many of us.  It is a game of strategy.  The outcomes are certain so you can plan for the long term - what you're going to build and upgrade, how many of each, balancing it for the amount of time and frequency you can play.

More and more and more, GGS has been making BigFarm a game of chance.  More and more, the outcomes depend on luck (or the amount of gold you buy.)

Deep Sea fishing began as a game of strategy and has now been turned utterly into a game of chance.  As a strategy game, it was fun.  As a game of chance, it is not merely of no interest - it is NO FUN.

How much would the 3 permanent farms be liked if BigFarm randomly blew tornadoes through your farms destroying your houses, decos and processing buildings?  Or if a plague of locusts could randomly destroy your crop harvests for the past week?  Or if your farm suddenly got Mad Cow disease and you had to start from scratch again?  And you'd spin a wheel to determine how big your lawsuit damages would be?

The difference between strategy and chance is, to a large extent and for a great many players, the difference between FUN and NO FUN.

I agree that this should be a game of strategy. When you start it is soo. But playing you discover that some things are not a meter of chanse nor strategy but dont know what.(for example: Wheel of fortune is false.of 130 ttoken someone can not get evrithing that is on Wheel. The same problem is with horse competition.)

With this last game-Deep See it was a strategy, but on 1 place a meter of experience points. No meter how good Fisher you ware if you ware on low level you could win max 10mio/day, midle position (<90 coud have max 30mio/day but big farms (>120 ) more than 100mio/day.

With this rate of ganing money big farms Would soon finish evrithing- nothing more to build or to play.

• contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    No idle threats from me. Destruction of farms coming along nicely. yeehaw!! As soon as everything is deleted, I will have the pleasure of sending support a message to tell them where they can put the remainder & delete my account.

SPECIAL MESSAGE TO GGS::

• PCA (GB1) said:
    sct (GB1) said:
    I may be wrong PCA, but, if you had 2 protection,, and 3 no protection,, and lost 48 fish,, then that is 3 lots of 16 fish,,, 16 fish per protection you didn't have.... and 16 fish is 10% of the 160 caught,,, so 3 of those 10% would add to 48 fish..... I may be wrong... and sorry if I am : )

yes you are wrong sct  

there was a cap at 10% loss, this is the only reason I mentioned this detail: this is one of the many changes GGS operates quietly, doing their best to avoid publicity on their worst choices

@PCA (GB1) The penalty for a danger is 10% of the catch, so if you are hit by multiple perils, it will be 10% for each one, which means you could potentially lose 50% of your catch if you had a really unlucky trip & no protection.  :/
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Playing the game is your choice, owners are allowed change it how they want.
    If you already enjoyed it once, expect more to come, people never change, they hide when they don't have enough to show who they really are.

GGS is NOT an owner... it is a Product company which exists to serve customers. They would not exist if they didn't have a paying customer. Every person who calls themselves a Product Manager or Product Owner at GGS should be ashamed of themselves. If they build features that ignore the customer input, they will fail. It is only a matter of time. History is ridden with Product companies that failed because they didn't listen to their customers...Blackberry, Kodak, Motorola, even Netflix (In 2011, Netflix ignored what their customers were asking for and split its DVD and streaming businesses, effectively increasing the price of both by 40%. The result was that 800 000 subscribers cancelled their service and in a survey Netflix was rated as one of the 10 most hated companies in the US.).

In the Product World that I come from, every product/feature meeting has an empty chair. That chair belongs to the invisible customer. Even if they are NOT in the room, we owe it to them to have their voice heard and their needs addressed.

GGS will fail unless their Product teams really learn to care about the customers who pay their bills.

Am not trying to pick on your comment.... just sharing my disgust at the way a Product company is handling Product development.
    Well, they are the owners, and if they run the company into the ground, that's their choice.  The MO seems to be make as much cash as you can as quickly as you can, drop the game when it's no longer the cash cow, and move on to your next game.  Rinse and repeat.  Very short sighted, but if the entire company goes bust eventually by not caring about its customers, they'll just move on to something else for quick profits.  They probably wouldn't care what kind of business it is.  

The Netflix example doesn't really work here because the the subscriber loss and revenue drop were brief.  Turned out to be a good long-term strategy after all.  They gained new subscribers, and stocks and revenues are very strong.  Stock prices have grown steadily over the past 5 years.  They even raised prices recently while increasing profits and keeping a strong customer base.

How true, How true.

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @contrary (US1)

GGS will not delete your account. There have been many that have asked but GGS refuses.  They must keep it to make their numbers look bigger than what they really are.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 22.08.2017
    PCA (GB1) said:
    sct (GB1) said:
    I may be wrong PCA, but, if you had 2 protection,, and 3 no protection,, and lost 48 fish,, then that is 3 lots of 16 fish,,, 16 fish per protection you didn't have.... and 16 fish is 10% of the 160 caught,,, so 3 of those 10% would add to 48 fish..... I may be wrong... and sorry if I am : )

yes you are wrong sct  

there was a cap at 10% loss, this is the only reason I mentioned this detail: this is one of the many changes GGS operates quietly, doing their best to avoid publicity on their worst choices

@PCA (GB1) The penalty for a danger is 10% of the catch, so if you are hit by multiple perils, it will be 10% for each one, which means you could potentially lose 50% of your catch if you had a really unlucky trip & no protection.  :/

@WascallyWabbit

Thanks for correcting me !  :-) 

And what are the chances for this to happen, i.e. in a 6 hour trip encounter 3-5 dangers ?

Asking because it never happened to me so far, but this is already the third time I see this happen during the past few days after the update

Also we see the dangers all at once on crustacean pools, Icebergs, sharks and so on hitting clams, which makes no sense at all, and certainly was unseen before the update

Also the locations of the crustacean pools are somewhat peculiar

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
    Hello my friends, do someone strong enough log in today?
    I still couldn't found my strength to do it, I'm afraid get upset, sorry for my weakness.

What's going on?
    Is there any "new re balance"?
    Sorry to say, but no, GGS is not listening to it's players, nor are they communicating with us. They are leaving us in the dark, most likely hoping we will get over it.  Ok they are scrambling to find something else screwed up to release so we can complain about that and forget about this.  rut-roh
    They are not leaving us in the dark they have already told us it is not going to change.

Read what cuddly fox posted. days ago. 
    Hello everyone,

It is correct that the current implementation of Deep Sea Fishing will not be altered

There is no ability to sell fish directly and this feature will not return to the game 

You can read the whole post in the official announcements.

How much cleared can they get.

• contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    edited 22.08.2017
    @contrary (US1)

GGS will not delete your account. There have been many that have asked but GGS refuses.  They must keep it to make their numbers look bigger than what they really are.
    Not to quibble but I have seen it happen in the recent past. They just need your login info & it usually took a day or so but the account was gone. But, in case they have changed that..I still win because I don't give a rats ass what they do with it..
  • Where are the cod- swordfish- salmon pools ?

Since the update I have not had a single cod pool  I m tired of emptying herring and oyster in the hope of getting cod pool.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590

GOODGAME EMPIRE HITS $800 MILLION IN LIFETIME REVENUES

Press Release – Hamburg, August 22, 2017

In line with its sixth anniversary “Goodgame Empire” made its developer, Hamburg-based Goodgame Studios, a truly special present: The highly popular medieval strategy game hit $800 million in lifetime revenues, becoming Germany’s most successful game of all time and one of the top games worldwide.

Empire Four Kingdoms

More than 250 content updates within six years

“We are extremely proud and we thank all players who made that happen. The financial success gave us the freedom to extend ‘Goodgame Empire’ to one of the most complex strategy games ever.”, says Nina Mueller who runs the studio responsible for the game’s ongoing support and development. “We are especially proud of all the players that are with us for many years. With over 250 content updates since the start in 2011 we obviously kept the fun factor high.”

Nevertheless there are still many ideas in the pipeline. “Yes, we have lots of interesting stuff in the backlog to look forward to. At the same time we even more want to take wishes from the community into account.”, promises Mueller. “Our longterm goal is to successfully run Goodgame Empire in ten years from now.”    

This is why what gold buyers will or will not do is falling on deaf ears GGS have bigger fish to fry No pun intended 

• We need to be able to sell our fish as well, you can sell goods that you use at the organic market so why not the fish.

Also how can i catch the fish i need for the market when i have'nt had the right pond ever since this change happened, what has happend to my ponds for swordfish,salmon and cod?
    Folks this site is just a game.  I have to laugh when I hear how many millions were invested in ships.  Not counting in the gold spenders here, just game millions.   IT'S FAKE MONEY!  
    If you spent gold, did you have fun?   Consider it like money spent to go to the movies.  It's over in 2 hours or less.   Was it fun?  Money is gone.  

I bet I am not the only one, who occasionally spend a little real money here. But I do not spend real money on the movies, ice cream, vacations, or other things where the fun just last for a short while, and then the money and the fun is gone. I spend my money, in real life, and in the game, on things I can benefit from for years. Maybe I am a boring person, I am definitely a poor one. I spend my money, after careful consideration, on things that lasts. 
    But this IS a temporary thing.  All online games are.  They can change, or go away at any time and it's not OUR game, it's theirs to do with as they please.   

Sad you never spend money on vacations or movies or anything.  Memories do last forever.  

Now if you want to play a game and not have to worry that something you like will vanish, I'd say buy one, install it on your computer, and you have what you have.  It will not pull the rug out from under you and take away something your doing.   But here?  We are at the mercy of who ever is in charge.  Just like real life jobs. Sometimes the boss is smart, easy to work with, makes a lot of profit for the company, and sometimes the boss has no business being the boss.  
    Only option for us is put up with it, complain in hopes they see reason, or leave.  
    Memories are not dependent on vacations and stuff. Memories can just as well be made walking in the woods looking at rabbits and flowers. The best memories of my life did not cost anything. 

And most things you buy come with a warranty, the company guaranties that what they sell will be usable for at least a certain amount of time. Or I will get a new thing, or my money back.

If a company wants satisfied customers, they stand by their promises, and they do not make promises with the intention to break them. 
    That was your mistake you thought GGS wanted satisfied customers, silly you.  
    edited 22.08.2017
    Hello my friends, do someone strong enough log in today?
    I still couldn't found my strength to do it, I'm afraid get upset, sorry for my weakness.

What's going on?
    Is there any "new re balance"?
    Sorry to say, but no, GGS is not listening to it's players, nor are they communicating with us. They are leaving us in the dark, most likely hoping we will get over it.  Ok they are scrambling to find something else screwed up to release so we can complain about that and forget about this.  rut-roh
    They are not leaving us in the dark they have already told us it is not going to change.

Read what cuddly fox posted. days ago. 
    Hello everyone,

It is correct that the current implementation of Deep Sea Fishing will not be altered

There is no ability to sell fish directly and this feature will not return to the game 

You can read the whole post in the official announcements.

How much cleared can they get.

This discussion category is not just in regards to the sell button.

Other unannounced changes were made. WascallyWabbit said he would check on it, we have received no word.

For instance:  
    The decrease and lopsidedness of fish in the pools.  
    The lack of specific fish in pools spawning such as swordfish.
    The lack of adjustment for the fishing equipment.

They can be a whole LOT clearer on this entire subject.
    @contrary (US1)

Not to quibble but I have seen it happen in the recent past. They just need your login info & it usually took a day or so but the account was gone. But, in case they have changed that..I still win because I don't give a rats ass what they do with it..
    That is great, I was always under the impression they would not based on what I have seen and heard.  Thank you for correcting me on this.  At the very least it will give those that do quit a bit of closure.  Hate to see you go and I wish you the best of luck and lots of fun in the real world :)
  • PCA (GB1) said:

Has anyone noticed the damage and loss of fish is now up to 30% of total fish caught ?

It has happened a few times to me, and never to the useless herring that keeps accumulating in my inventory,  20,138 herring stored as I type, with no chances to do anything with it

I have seen also a 30% loss on clams, as if sharks and icebergs could affect taking clams from the sand where the water is 5 inches deep... sharks  lol

Oh and yes, now these clam/shrimp/oyster pools form just about everywhere, in the middle of the ocean to the Arctic 

History repeats itself with GGS but geography is not their forte .....

This below was my first pool with lobster in 2 days,  next time I will have to ask the coast guard to help....

We are losing fish......... and interest !!! but  GGS is losing paying clients.  No answer so far to any of this mess

I had this problem before the fish market, seemed no matter what protection I bought the other hazards would take the fish anyway. I was averaging 10% loss on all ships. Some would lose nothing, but others would lose 30%.  Adding protection meant losing 11.4% of total capacity for each type on my Runabouts, having all five would reduce the haul by 57%.  So I quit buying protection and took the chance on 30%.

I haven't lost anything since the day after the new Fish Market opened, I don't send out the ships anymore. I've been dismantling my farms and demolishing my boats instead.  I was looking forward to upgrading the dock yard and buying the Skipjack and Trawler, but the changes to the fishing ended that. 
  • That they decided to change it is that mind every day fishing the same fish.Tuna,Herring,Oysters,Clam,Shrimp.... Come on.....
    Change it....
    I am bored all ready...,
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    I think I shall not even start the FHW, I would only be frustrated, angry and thouroughly PO'd. I have not seen a swordfish, salmon or cod fish- not 1!!!!- since the update to "fix" the fishing fleet. I have had 1 lobster hole with hardly any lobsters. I have had 4 oyster, shrimp, clam holes- have not even come close to filling contract of 581 shrimp- for 2 rakes, 2 brushes, $283,000 . Have had a few tuna and absolutely tons of herring. I am disgusted beyond belief in the fishy fleet I used to love.
Sign In to comment.