Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Still no word on whether the pool fiasco is a bug or deliberate? Still no planned changes to the crew equipment price?
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 22.08.2017

Has anyone noticed the damage and loss of fish is now up to 30% of total fish caught ?

It has happened a few times to me, and never to the useless herring that keeps accumulating in my inventory,  20,138 herring stored as I type, with no chances to do anything with it

I have seen also a 30% loss on clams, as if sharks and icebergs could affect taking clams from the sand where the water is 5 inches deep... sharks  lol

Oh and yes, now these clam/shrimp/oyster pools form just about everywhere, in the middle of the ocean to the Arctic 

History repeats itself with GGS but geography is not their forte .....

This below was my first pool with lobster in 2 days,  next time I will have to ask the coast guard to help....

We are losing fish......... and interest !!! but  GGS is losing paying clients.  No answer so far to any of this mess

• sct (GB1)sct (GB1) Posts: 23
    hi PCA :) ,

I see you had protection on 2 things,, and lost your fish through not having the protection on the other 3 things... but yes,, seems a high percentage we can lose if we don't use the protectors,lol..

haha,, yes,, the pools aren't realistic,, I mean, where fish spawn,, what attacks them,, and so on,,,, sir David Attenborough would be livid about this,lol,,, but,, I think it just plays along with sharks attacking clams etc to help make the game run to meet gaming requirements,, to help make it run smoother and easier to learn,, rather than being factual about wildlife,lol : )..... but yes,, is strange to see all these fictitious sharks flapping around in a few inches of water : )haha
    I may be wrong PCA, but, if you had 2 protection,, and 3 no protection,, and lost 48 fish,, then that is 3 lots of 16 fish,,, 16 fish per protection you didn't have.... and 16 fish is 10% of the 160 caught,,, so 3 of those 10% would add to 48 fish..... I may be wrong... and sorry if I am : )
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    NO MORE GOLD PURCHASES - EVER
    GGS has made Ultimate Fools of some of us... me included! Lets see how I have spent a Bucket full of Real World Money in just the last month... Hmmm
    1: Spent a Fortune to run thru Dockyard upgrades + Speed Complete - Cha Ching
    2: Spent a FORTUNE rebuilding Flower Farm to be High Production - 14 Apiaries, 8 orchards, 7 Meadows & a ton of Houses All maxed to 7 - used gold to do in 1 day - Cha Ching
    3: built a 14 fleet of trawlers - All lvl 5 - paid gold to speed in 1 day - Cha Ching

What a dirty joke!!! Hmmm, Imake -0- income on Deep Sea now. Can't harvest on flower farm, because unlike the other 2 farms... you lose millions every day for high production!

You said this is about 'Balance'? I didn't see a balance for the Gold Sales STOLEN!
    Yes Stolen, because you sold me goods that were of ZERO Value within weeks... that is Stealing!

I don't come or comment here... it took Serious thievery on GGS part to motivate me.
    I won't leave the game, but I WILL have the last laugh!
    I Vow to NEVER EVER pay for 1 more piece of gold... EVER!

Fleeced Farmers Unite... NO More Gold Purchases!!!

Lmao !!! Did they have a gun pointed at your head threatening to blow it off if you did'nt use your own money :D:D:D:D:D 

More fool you really!!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 22.08.2017
    sct (GB1) said:
    I may be wrong PCA, but, if you had 2 protection,, and 3 no protection,, and lost 48 fish,, then that is 3 lots of 16 fish,,, 16 fish per protection you didn't have.... and 16 fish is 10% of the 160 caught,,, so 3 of those 10% would add to 48 fish..... I may be wrong... and sorry if I am : )

yes you are wrong sct  

there was a cap at 10% loss, this is the only reason I mentioned this detail: this is one of the many changes GGS operates quietly, doing their best to avoid publicity on their worst choices

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
    yes,, 48 fish is obviously more than 10%,lol : ),, I just thought you may lose 10% per protection not used.... although.. if that was the case, if you didn't use any of our protectors we stand to lose 50% of our catch at a pool with 10% risks..... then that would mean a pool with 20% risk could potentially come back with zero fish if sent out without protectors : /......

I very rarely send boats out without all protectors on pools with higher risks... all depending on spaces available,, or amount of fish left in pool,,, but mainly, I do use all protectors : )
  • bandit12 (NL1)bandit12 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22

@CuddlyFoxes

GGS failed to mention how many contracts they had to decline to get this select bunch of rewards.

Would it be possible to find out?
    I wonder how it comme that you have 6 contracts and i have only 2
  • Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87

day 5

did not log on after the update  till now

• @CuddlyFoxes

GGS failed to mention how many contracts they had to decline to get this select bunch of rewards.

bandit12, The more contracts you fill the more contracts will come. The organic market started that way too. 
    bandit12, Des te meer contracten je vult des te meer contracten er komen. De biomarkt startte ook zo. 

• C'mon, after so many days ggs refuse to do something right can only come up with delete messages and then sending some writers making fake and scheming words. What a pity. :-(
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • bandit12 (NL1)bandit12 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22

@CuddlyFoxes

bandit12, The more contracts you fill the more contracts will come. The organic market started that way too. 
    bandit12, Des te meer contracten je vult des te meer contracten er komen. De biomarkt startte ook zo. 

Thanks for the response,the way its going now that will take a long long long time than,see nothing else than tuna and herring,wondering there was a change with the organic market to,last 3 days i dont get one contract above the 3 milj.dollar
  • Looks to me, greed is the main factor in the health care of the USA.

Throw out the poor and keep the rich happy.

Looks a lot like GGS

• ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    seems like ggs fishing expert doesnot coming at the office thats why no information about the old fishing region .

or u want to say holidays going on :pensive:
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572

anyone know when this going to fix ? time is running for this booster and didnt getting  the tick in 200% booster .
    Shall i send this to support also and they will say no loss we found in your account .
    miffed now due to this game :(

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    seems like ggs fishing expert doesnot coming at the office thats why no information about the old fishing region .

Probably out taking a math class!
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Ever since the Fish Market I only get tuna and herring in fishing holes. What the heck! You ruined the best part of game and now I cant/wont/dont fish anymore....

Fix the problems we have and STOP making more with every update!!! then maybe players will stay...

• anyone know when this going to fix ? time is running for this booster and didnt getting  the tick in 200% booster .
    Shall i send this to support also and they will say no loss we found in your account .

@ashim (IN1) The hotfix this morning gave a checkmark to everyone for all 3 boosters for Monday, because the event was late being triggered & several people missed out on the 1st one.

The red  mark that you have for Tuesday, means that you did not get credit for either 7-10am or 12-3pm on Tuesday.
  • APK (IN1) said:
    • The possibility to directly sell chum and Deep Sea fish will be removed
    Im so now not happy

i dont use the normal organic market so this new  deep sea market is of no interest to me at all 

another part of the game ruined by  ggs 

trawlers will go to scrap yard, fishermen unemployed, dock yard scrapped.
    Completely agreed with you...many players(me too) will be affected and disappointed by such decisions...
    Though I was expecting these type of changes when you (moderators) had talked about "adjustments"....

Not satisfied with it...Worst decision ever  :(

• I agree, I can't afford to keep my fleet running any more. I am not using this useless fleet any more. 
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118

anyone know when this going to fix ? time is running for this booster and didnt getting  the tick in 200% booster .

@ashim (IN1) The hotfix this morning gave a checkmark to everyone for all 3 boosters for Monday, because the event was late being triggered & several people missed out on the 1st one.

The red  mark that you have for Tuesday, means that you did not get credit for either 7-10am or 12-3pm on Tuesday.

Well it obviously didn't work because my Monday 18h00 to 21h00 is not ticked
  • I suggest you seriously consider giving us the option to sell our deep-sea fish like we used to in the past before the latest update. Some of us really depended on that cash we received from it. Currently I'm just having tuna/herring and shrimp/cod/oyster holes for the last week. This is unacceptable as we can't really fill any market orders successfully anyway. PLEASE consider this, many players would love you for this....let us sell our fish like we can sell the fish Oleg brings in.

• Still no word on whether the pool fiasco is a bug or deliberate? Still no planned changes to the crew equipment price?
    It's only like 3 in the afternoon in Hamburger. Give em a break, they probably haven't even had a chance to dry off from the 11:00 swim in the office pool. They'll get to us eventually. Second Tuesday of next week looks like a good time for them.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    edited 22.08.2017
    Not to nit pic amaprincess1 but Hamburg is 6 hours ahead of us in the eastern time zone making it 4:40 pm, they are probably already home with wife/husband and kiddies enjoying a nice warm beer or some schnapps  lol
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 22.08.2017

one can only hope and pray that is what he is doing

• Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197

one can only hope and pray that is what he is doing

We couldn't get that lucky lol
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • sct (GB1) said:
    hi Stef7,,

it is purely because I don't know  how to put the message your replying to into my message,, so I put the name there to allow them I am replying to their reply : )

@sct (GB1)  

To quote another message in your message, go to the message that you want to quote.  Click on Quote.  Then go to the bottom of the page.  A copy of that message will be in the message box.  Skip a couple of lines, so that you do not type on top of it in the brown part.  Type your message as you usually do.

To add another message, skip a couple of lines, then go to the next message you want to quote and quote it.  That message will appear at the bottom also, add your comments.
    You can add several messages if you want. 

When you are all done, submit it as usual. 

***** Whenever you want someone else to know that you have a message that mentions them, or that you especially want them to see.  Type @ and then their player name  A menu will appear as you type.  Click on their player name.  They will get a notification that a message mentions them, so that they can check it out.  :-)

Sign In to comment.