Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    That's what always happens if you miss a hh. Second login is counted as first. Hopefully fiixed after the hotfix.
    Ok. I did not know because I had not yet missed one.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @Kimmiecat (NL1) Then you definitly deserve the loyalty bonus!  :)
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    Hey there!

We moved the Hotfix to tomorrow. With this Hotfix we will mark the monday as completed! :)

Cheers,
    Pichu
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    How about fixing the pools while ur at it?
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    edited 21.08.2017
    gizmo22 (AU1) schrieb:
    How about fixing the pools while ur at it?
    No news about this one! We will keep you all informed :)
    Pichu said:
    Hey there!

We moved the Hotfix to tomorrow. With this Hotfix we will mark the monday as completed! :)

Cheers,
    Pichu
    Great so I will miss out on all of today's boosters. Job well done!
  • Would anybody like to buy some rakes from me?

Got plenty and don't need them.

Paid a lot of fish for them, and got only some iron on a stick and some hair on a piece of wood in return.

Nice (NOT)

• Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    WascallyWabbit said we would get some news today but I see we are still being totally ignored.
  • Are you suprised about that?
    Pichu said:
    Hey there!

Cheers,
    Pichu
    No you won't, it says clearly that monday will be marked as completed for everyone. :)
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    Are you suprised about that?

Not at all it was to be expected.
  • You say we grow to fast? How many years do you think I need to upgrade the lab? Now I want to upgrade to level 10, it will cost me 71 mill! And how long will it take me to get that kind of dollar, selling eggs and milk?
    I wont buy gold, and I hope that all who play this game will do the same, because that is the only language bf may understand! Got at mail the other day, asking how satisfied I am with the game...guess what my answer was? And I will not give you positive feedback, until we can sell fish again!
    How many years do you think I need to upgrade the lab?
    - I guess until you left none of the sense of accomplishment.

I have another farming game started playing almost same time with ggs game. They open their mind listen to players voices never do survey (It's fake and useless in ggs). I'm now in my level 86 (ggs is level 137, may won't get up anymore) am still upgrading. Because everything is doable, achievable and reachable. I feel full of fun, growing more than more interests. 

It's playing game not a job. I want relax, not to do something extremely difficult and fight for endless stuffs with no strength.

Reading notes here, I still couldn't find any motivation to log in. :(
    Could you PM the name of that game to me??  I've found a few myself, but I'm not really stoked about any of t

Please also send name as I know someone who wants it. Thank you!
  • e c burger (INT1)e c burger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 69
    Fine! We can try and play by the new rules. After all, those from GGS who came up with this farm deserve a big THANK YOU. I can also understand the reason behind making the things harder for the players to make farm dollars as opposed to buying gold with cash. However, please, keep it BALANCED!

Where are the pools with cod, salmon and swordfish? Since the re-balancing I haven't seen any of those. Yet, they are already introduced in the fish market. Maybe, there is a trick that I am not aware of? I'm using trawlers so pretty sure all the pools in my fishing area are being emptied once every 24 hours. 
    I tried that one too. empty all the fishing holes, but to no avail..... Still on ZERO Sword, salmon and cod....
  • greed, its all about gold coins, i`m looking for a new game, no point playing this one anymore without selling fish
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    still no update from ggs on the fish ponds :(
    sad
  • Folks this site is just a game.  I have to laugh when I hear how many millions were invested in ships.  Not counting in the gold spenders here, just game millions.   IT'S FAKE MONEY!  
    If you spent gold, did you have fun?   Consider it like money spent to go to the movies.  It's over in 2 hours or less.   Was it fun?  Money is gone.  

I bet I am not the only one, who occasionally spend a little real money here. But I do not spend real money on the movies, ice cream, vacations, or other things where the fun just last for a short while, and then the money and the fun is gone. I spend my money, in real life, and in the game, on things I can benefit from for years. Maybe I am a boring person, I am definitely a poor one. I spend my money, after careful consideration, on things that lasts. 
  • LenkaBodka (SK1)LenkaBodka (SK1) SK1 Posts: 317
    edited 21.08.2017
    Folks this site is just a game.  I have to laugh when I hear how many millions were invested in ships.  Not counting in the gold spenders here, just game millions.   IT'S FAKE MONEY!  
    If you spent gold, did you have fun?   Consider it like money spent to go to the movies.  It's over in 2 hours or less.   Was it fun?  Money is gone.  

I bet I am not the only one, who occasionally spend a little real money here. But I do not spend real money on the movies, ice cream, vacations, or other things where the fun just last for a short while, and then the money and the fun is gone. I spend my money, in real life, and in the game, on things I can benefit from for years. Maybe I am a boring person, I am definitely a poor one. I spend my money, after careful consideration, on things that lasts. 
    With monday new group of plaeyrs seems to wake up and share their views :) Doesnt matter if I agree or not, still it is so refreshing to see diffrent angles of view, especialy the ones not so tragic <3
  • @grrr (NL1)

with the fix for tomorrow you loose 20% at 12h (20 instead of 40%) and 40% (40 instead of 80%) bonus of the fields.

So nice of GGS they will fix (still hope things only get fixed with it) but how about the loss as mentioned?
    edited 21.08.2017
    @Caradryan (NL1)  Just read Pichu's post! Everybody will get monday's HH completed.

PS Don't hold me to it, it's his promise, not mine!
  • I Totally agree with Harvest Moons stance. I treat all these sideshows as what they are. As I am not into equestrians I don't go full on with Island, or northern lites, in fact if the organic market seems too hard to fulfill a contract I don't bother until I have sufficient stock to (at the right price)
    Pichu said:
    Hey there!

Cheers,
    Pichu
    No you won't, it says clearly that monday will be marked as completed for everyone. :)
    But the booster for today does not run without the green mark....so no 80% gain for our meadows. It only helps for the change of getting the weekend booster.
  • @grrr (NL1)
    Read what i wrote "the bonus for today!!!!!! not the one in the weekend!!!!!"

Oh..

And why wait till tomorrow?
    Because its in the players best interest?

We had a hotfix around 12h15 (give or take 30min)....why not there?
  • LenkaBodka (SK1)LenkaBodka (SK1) SK1 Posts: 317
    @grrr (NL1)
    Read what i wrote "the bonus for today!!!!!! not the one in the weekend!!!!!"

Oh..

And why wait till tomorrow?
    Because its in the players best interest?

We had a hotfix around 12h15 (give or take 30min)....why not there?
    WascallyWabbit Posts: 2,707
    Hi Again,

New message from the team:

"Change of plans. Unfortunately we can't grant the first boosters checks without compromising certain timezones so nothing will be done today. Tomorrow morning we'll do the hotfix and mark all of the Monday boosters as checked."

• Caradryan (NL1)Caradryan (NL1) Posts: 17
    edited 21.08.2017
    Do people even read what i write?

GGS does only fix the weekend bonus...not the one for today..

This is about 3rd time i write this, please start reading before comment on other people's posts
    Okay, you're right. Don't see the big problem though, so you'll lose out on some extra dandelions or barley, hardly the end of the world.
    And everyone on the same server is in the same boat, ask the players on AU1
  • Graciemi (US1)Graciemi (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    sct (GB1) said:
    going by what I've read, this comment will probably go 'very' unliked,lol,,, but,, I only say to help others look at the market a different way : ),

yes, stupid of GGS to put the deepsea fish out with such a high profit,, it should never of been that high,,, I could do an upgrade for $100+ and before it'd finished, i'd earnt the dollars back,, far too easy : /....
    so I think a lot of the disappointment comes because we see it as a great loss,,, which it is compared to the old version,, but this new way does still pay : ),, at a more sensible rate,, yes,, probably a few more adjustments needed,, but i'm sure it'll get there,, and be a much needed addition to our farms to help us get to those big big upgrades : )

to end ; ),, yep,, GGS made a big boo boo releasing the deepsea as they did,, and I can understand why most are p'eed off what they've done : /... but,, don't get too bothered by it : ),, it is still profitable : ),,, keep fishing,, keep earning,,, build up strong,, and i'll see you on the battlefields ; ))

happy farming farmers : )

Please explain to me how you are earning anything in the Deep Sea fishing.  5 days an can't pull a profit here or most other peoples Deep Sea farms, so how are you able to do it?  I don't think you are making a profit an do not know how you can have the fishing holes needed to fill the contracts that lose money.  BUT PLEASE DO EXPLAIN HOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS TRUE ON YOUR FARM!
  • edited 21.08.2017
    @Pichu
    @WascallyWabbit

Hello All, I am on the US1 Server, I am a 63 yr. old Grandma, retired, college educated, Registered Nurse, disabled and on a fixed income, who has been playing Big Farm for over 3 ½ years now. I am at level 227 today.  When I started playing, my then 10 yr. old Grandson had a new android tablet and was playing another farming game and introduced it to me. We had a great time with it, until, he dropped and broke his tablet.  That is when I found Big Farm for my PC-early in 2014.  I have been playing it tons of hours ever since and I have loved the game. I even bought a small Windows 10 tablet to take with me, so I could play the game.  I became a Co-op leader, studied the game thoroughly, have taught a lot of new players, and participated in the forum, etc. I feel I have contributed to the game and I have purchased some gold to play it, though I cannot afford to buy a whole lot of it, and I really prefer to earn the rewards in the game, rather than buy them. It is more of a challenge that way.

This is indeed a very, very sad time in the life of the Big Farm Game. The update on 8-16-17 is very, very bad. We had less than 24 hours’ notice that it was coming and many of us did not see it until it was too late.  I would like to thank everyone who has posted on this forum and on other forums across the world. I do care about this game.  I like to see companies succeed that have a good product.  GGS has been going down, down, downhill, in my opinion. When I started paying, we had a main farm, gourmet farm, and a flower farm.  Then came the Temp farms and the Horse Ranch with so many, many bugs and they have not stopped since! There are a whole lot of other players out there that also care about this game and the company.  That is evidenced over the years, by all the painstaking hours, analyzing the game, offering information and great feedback for GGS, and all the forum posts over the years, players helping each other and trying to help the company succeed.  Many of us even volunteered our time on the test server to help this company succeed and have a great bug free product, by giving out feedback to GGS, so things could be improved and put out bug free.  Most companies would love to have this service from its clients FREE OF CHARGE!!!! We have spent long hours trying to help. We have done our best!  But GGS has let us down, time and time again.  They continually put out a game with multiple bugs in any new thing.  They do not fix known problems timely. They refuse to listen to our feedback when a test server was used and still put out a faulty product. They simply do not listen to us! They have the worst support, customer service now that I have ever seen anywhere.  Many times, the support responses indicate the rep. does not even know the game!  They do not listen or even seem to care what we want or think about the game. They fail to use the in-game e-mail communication to call all players attention to changes or alerts in the game.  It is well known in the business world that knowing your audience, putting out a quality product, and listening to your customers is essential to good business practices.  The company reorganization has resulted in our only communication with GGS being done through the 3 volunteer moderators on the forum.  I miss communication directly from the Community Managers employed by GGS that we had in the past. Though some developers have occasionally posted on the forum, we still do not get much direct feedback from GGS.  You should treat our Moderators better and communicate more accurately with them and provide better instructions for new things.

I would really, really like to know if the following people are getting feedback over the last 8 months and especially the last week on our Big Farm Game.

Dr. Kai Wawrzinek CEO, Goodgame Studios (Chief Executive Officer)

Dr. Christian Wawrzinek CSO, Goodgame Studios (Chief Strategy Officer)

Fabian Ritter Board of Directors

Sebastian Frank, Chief Operating Officer

I just do not see how a company can continue to exist and succeed with the business practices that they have been following, especially this year.  I have been in business myself and it just makes no sense to me. No one in business would run a company like they have been doing recently, no business that hoped to succeed would treat their clients so poorly. Something is wrong here!!  I really wonder if Dr. Kai Wawrzinek, CEO of Goodgame Studios and others listed above are getting the right information about the game that we love so much.  I would like to invite him and everyone in GGS to look over the forums here and the forums for other updates this year and see for himself/their selves what has been happening to their business and to us.  If they cannot do that, then meet with our Moderators for the REAL STORY!  This game/company is headed for destruction fast!  This company won awards for its games in 2011- 2014 see their own info- (https://www.goodgamestudios.com/company/about/ ) But, I do not see any listed since then.  They just put out a press release 8-7-17 (https://www.goodgamestudios.com/blog/)

Quoting from the press release:

“Commenting further, Christian Wawrzinek reflects on how gratifying it is to see Goodgame Studios return to constant profitability. “Before the reorganization, we focused our efforts heavily on creating new games in new genres while neglecting the needs of our loyal audience who are playing our current titles. Following the strategic realignment, two of our blockbusters ‘Goodgame Empire’ and ‘Big Farm’ have our full attention and have also been switched to a more user-centered development approach since the beginning of the year.””

I am sorry, Dr. Christian Wawrzinek, but with all due respect, I feel that you are neglecting the needs of your loyal audience now and for the past several months. I just do not find this statement to be in accordance with what has been happening in our Big Farm game and I wonder if someone is not giving you accurate information.

The last time the test server was used, I found that I was really having fun with it, once I figured out how it worked.  I was making progress with my farms! This had really been missing from my game! As a Co-op leader, I find that many players leave the game in the level 20-30’s because it then takes so long to get anywhere in the game, among other things.  Things in the game take so long to get upgrades and builds done.  It takes forever to get enough money to do anything.  Many things are just off limits unless you can buy hundreds of dollars of gold! NO FUN!! I want to play the game and earn my rewards, not buy them! The architect hardly ever comes, maybe once or twice a month and maybe you can get a couple of items upgraded.  It will take years and years AND YEARS to get all my buildings, etc. upgraded!!!  NO FUN!!!  Our one free build site, is expected to cover not only the 3 farms it once did, but the horse ranch, temp farms, boats, dockyard, Matilda, the laboratory, etc.  Most of us cannot afford $50 worth of gold to use the 2nd build slot on the temp farm. NO FUN!!! I, like so many others have mentioned want to participate in all the parts of Big Farm and make PROGRESS on my farms and in the game! The temp. islands are now so short, I rarely get past the first chapter and I used to get well past the second chapter! I lose time on the island when the architect comes.  I cannot upgrade anything on the island and still do upgrades on my main farms, horse ranch, dockyard, boats, etc.  As for Matilda, etc. as others have mentioned, they are so expensive, I will NEVER get to play them!

The deep-sea fishing was great!!!  I love to fish in real life!!  I loved learning all about it and spent long hours studying and figuring out how it all works.  I loved that I could equip. each of my boats so that I could be successful in my fishing, play the fishing hard work event—I got all the way to the end last time!!  Woooo Hooo!!!!!  I have happily bought and spent more gold since the deep-sea fishing came out than at any other time in this game and I had planned to continue to buy some gold each month or more! What a breath of fresh air to finally be able to make some progress in this game and maybe going forward be able to take part in all the events and do well in them as I restrategized how my farms would work!  I encouraged my whole Co-op to learn and participate in the deep-sea fishing.  I try to steer my players right in this game!  You ruined that!  Just before the 16th, I had a whole new reorganization and some training planned for my whole Co-op.  Maybe we would all be able to do more!  It was an exciting time in the game. But that is all gone now.   I was dreading how expensive, I expect the Volcanic Island to be though!  Even with all the money coming in from the boats, it will still take me a very long time to get where I want in this game!!! 

Why can’t they put a gold lock in the game, players have been asking for that since I joined. We all know you ARE ABLE to do it and that MANY more players would buy gold if you did.  So why won’t you do it? ****PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THIS!!

The inventory for our decos is so small.  I want to keep all my pretty hard earned decos.  I want to change them around for holidays, theme decorate, etc.  Please, can’t you increase our inventory, and maybe at least after a certain level, let us use all our decos between farms, so we can have fun doing this!

Why are we penalized in the Village for upgrading things? Why is there no profit in the Village?

Happy Hour does NOT work properly.  It does not accurately give me credit when I AM ONLINE for all 3-time periods in a day!

Why is everything so expensive and take so long!!!  It just is no fun to never be able to participate in some of the events, because they are so expensive, or take so long to upgrade. When you added so many other things to the game, why don’t you give us another free build slot, so we can make some progress in the game. You have this game set up to take more years than some of us will live!!!

Why do you make it so that all the new things in the game, can just be bought by the rich players!  It’s not a game that way, it’s a sale!

Why are things in the game so expensive!!  Backdrops that need $75 worth of gold for one of them!!!  Ridiculous!

When the new farm machines came out, I put activating any of them on hold and worked and worked and worked, until I was finally able to upgrade all of them to the max!  Wow, how satisfying that was!!  I did it!!!  Now I continue to activate and use them!!     

Now, let me skip to the New Deep-Sea Fishing.  I LOVE it!  I am a fisherman too!!  It is one of the best updates (as many others have said too) ever to come to Big Farm!!  The news about the 8-16-17 update came out less than 24 hours before it was done.  I was playing the game on and off, and helping my 2 senior friends with some business emergencies that they had that night.  I didn’t get to all the usual places I go to on the forum in time on the night of the 15th!

Some players saw it and could sell off their inventory, good for them, but not fair to the rest of us! I would have sold too, had I known and I would have alerted my Co-op.  I am really, angry with how this update was done. You have no regard for your players.

I played the Deep-Sea part of the Fishing, for many, many long hard hours, and many more long hard hours of studying and learning it, so I could teach my Co-op.  I spent lots and lots of my hard-earned farm dollars, buying and equipping my boats. I bought lots of gold during this time and spent it on the game too!  I enjoyed being able to make some progress in the game.  I saved up some fish in my inventory, so I would have money to upgrade Matilda, the lab, etc.

On 8-15-17 I had the following inventory from my Deep-Sea Fishing, in addition to my 14 boats, numerous crew and supplies—lots of money there, and some ships I won.

I have 5 Motorboats level 6, 4 runabouts level 6, 2 Norfolk Wherries level 6, 2 Skipjacks level 6, and 1 Trawler level 6.   I could not get to upgrading more after leaning which boats I preferred because of only 1 build slot!!!

So, I worked hard, spend my time-many, many hours, my farm dollars and gold that I purchased with my hard-saved money, only to have you STEAL my inventories from me!!!!  How could you treat me, a loyal player and many others like me like this!!!!  

You should of at the very least pay us for our inventories and start everyone off with a clean slate as things went forward!  If the price of equipment, crew goes down, reimburse us for what we have now at the price we paid for it, then start again.  Make it optional to keep or sell our boats.  I WANT MY MONEY THAT I EARNED!!!! I WANT THE GOLD I WASTED!  

Oh, thanks for all the 2 for 1 gold offers today and yesterday, but they only made me say.. you want me to buy gold after what you did to us!!!  You want me to buy gold from you after you stole from me?  Really?!  I CANNOT AND WILL NOT BUY GOLD FOR A GAME THAT STEALS FROM ME!!  $1,123,793,420 in fish and $60,325,000 in chum, in addition to all the equipment, crew, and boats I bought!  You would not like it either if someone did it to you!  Some people were able to sell off their inventories, please be fair and let us all do that at the price we earned them at!!!  I also do not like the delete button in our equipment/crew.  It should be a sell button, if we decide we have too many of an item.  Excess boats, etc. won should also be able to be sold.  Otherwise we won nothing!  The fish market contracts should have a profit!!  Walk-ups to the fish market should work like the organic market WITH A BONUS! 

Please rethink this GGS!  You have treated your players very badly.  You have stolen from me personally any way you look at it, it is theft!  Please make this right!  And no more bugs!! Listen to us and care about your players, we pay your bills!!!  We CAN work better together!!!  This is such a mess and such a bad thing to do to us and to the game!  Hard for me to even want to play anymore.

Name of Fish  

Price per Fish                                 8/15/17

Number in    Inventory         8/15/17

Value of Fish on 8/15/17

Swordfish

$47,188

$498,871,536

Salmon

$37,500

$164,062,500

Cod

$27,500

$148,087,500

Lobster

$18,125

$210,376,875

Tuna

$16,625

$50,988,875

Herring

$12,812

$49,787,432

Oyster

$4,687

$1,509,214

Clam

$3,500

$42,000

Shrimp

$2,812

$67,488

$1,123,793,420

TOTAL

Name of Chum

Price per Chum on 8/15/17

Number in Inventory on 8/15/17

Value of Chum on 8/15/17

Chum

$12,000

$2,400,000

Oyster Chum

$19,000

$3,800,000

Clam Chum

$84,000

$4,032,000

Shrimp Chum

$89,000

$5,073,000

Herring Chum

$82,000

$14,760,000

Tuna Chum

$85,000

$14,450,000

Lobster Chum

$93,000

$15,810,000

$60,325,000

TOTAL

Sorry this doesn't line up right, I am too tired to edit it further, been up all night writing this!

**** For those of you thinking we will get an answer today, I wouldn't hold your breath--remember they went on vacation!!!

• sct (GB1)sct (GB1) Posts: 23
    edited 21.08.2017

hi Artful : )

I work it out like this,, I have a contract that requires,, 494 clams,, 591 swordfish,, 450 tuna,, 105 lobster,, worth $15,232,712 and 5 karma's.... that is 1640 fishy things(lol),, regardless of what they was worth,, or how many come from what pool,, it is total 1640 fish,,, my trawler catches 227 fish at a time using 1 capacity, 7 of Roy(fish per hr), and if I wanted to, fill the remaining spaces with protection..... the total costs of 1 boat trip, with all protection,, costs are $161,000,, if you send out 8 that gives a cost of $1,288,000 which catches1816 fish....... and with the contract worth over $15 and a few friendship tokens,, that is a lot of profit still : ).... unless i'm missing something : /.....

I do use boats in different ways,, different times,, to make all boats finish at each pool at roughly the same time,, this keeps all my boats busy, at all times : ),,, e.g, night time,,, use the guy to give longer at pool,, then this saves using soo many Roys ; )

hope this helps : ),, and if not,, if i'm missing something,, please let me know : ),

Post edited by sct (GB1) on
  • sct (GB1)sct (GB1) Posts: 23
    sorry,, and Graciemi : ),, and to anyone else who commented on my post..... i'm new to this,, so please bare with me ; )) ....
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    @Pichu
    @WascallyWabbit

This is indeed a very, very sad time in the life of the Big Farm Game. The update on 8-16-17 is very, very bad. We had less than 24 hours’ notice that it was coming and many of us did not see it until it was too late.  I would like to thank everyone who has posted on this forum and on other forums across the world. I do care about this game.  I like to see companies succeed that have a good product.  GGS has been going down, down, downhill, in my opinion. When I started paying, we had a main farm, gourmet farm, and a flower farm.  Then came the Temp farms and the Horse Ranch with so many, many bugs and they have not stopped since! There are a whole lot of other players out there that also care about this game and the company.  That is evidenced over the years, by all the painstaking hours, analyzing the game, offering information and great feedback for GGS, and all the forum posts over the years, players helping each other and trying to help the company succeed.  Many of us even volunteered our time on the test server to help this company succeed and have a great bug free product, by giving out feedback to GGS, so things could be improved and put out bug free.  Most companies would love to have this service from its clients FREE OF CHARGE!!!! We have spent long hours trying to help. We have done our best!  But GGS has let us down, time and time again.  

@Craftycritters (US1)  Speaks for me as well, on virtually every attitude she describes and point she makes.   Read her post carefully and take it to heart, GGS.
Sign In to comment.