Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• Dee Emm Jay (US1)Dee Emm Jay (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    edited 19.08.2017
    Yes, that is good that you saved them....have you used them all up?  I know they do come once in a blue moon in our harvests...but to accumulate 500 of them that way would take years and years without having already bought a whole lot using gold.
    no they are rewards in hwe events ccs and the horses as well as the obon trader ...I already have 80 new ones
    and in the chests and jetty also
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    I like to be upfront and honest  while trying to support a girlcott  asked my team to  and all but a couple has but that has put my coop in last place  I cant let my whole coop be punished, so we arent buying gold or using but will participate enough to not be demoted.  Being a leader I cant let the whole coop fall not fair to them. So if you see me in missions send a hello. 
    @Damaria3 (US1)
    I can not and will not fault you for not wanting you co-op to be demoted, but rather commend you for thinking of others... and not using or buying gold in the process... Our/my coop just got promoted from rookie league to bronze 3 in the last cc and it wouldn't be fair to them to get demoted so shortly after getting promoted so if I have to I will participate to keep them for being demoted I will not use or buy gold for the cc. Currently my co-op is 73rd of 80 so I won't play. If or when the co-op reaches 76 I will play in the cc
  • GGS you are full of CRAP! A right shower of greedy b's!
    Certainly wont be buying any gold.  Aren't your profits not high enough? And why invent a game if it is not to be enjoyed?  You really know how to fck up well and truly
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    @muggle1 (GB1) like this? (Need to fulfill the contract 15 times before reach this stage)

Thank you, I don't think I have reached 15 yet so that is probably why.  I am gridlocked again because of what it is asking for and what pools I have.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • cordia (AU1)cordia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 39
    BigFarm says they're worried about long term challenge - but something just struck me.  Millions of people have been playing Solitaire for hundreds and hundreds of years.  Where's the long term challenge in Solitaire?  Yet we play it generation after generation after generation.  I think there must be some misunderstanding here of why people play games.

Edited to add:
    Now that I think about it, where was the long term challenge in BigFarm after I got my farms up to making $10-$15 million a day?  I'd built up a billion dollars in my bank account long before Deep Sea came along.  Why did I keep on playing?  Surely I must have been bored out of my skull.  But somehow I wasn't.

Yes, I definitely think there's misunderstanding of why people play games and what they like about them.
    The misunderstanding was on our part, people were making lots of igc and using it for upgrades and stuff instead of buying/using gold like before, so, the way I see GGS's logic is only the gold buyers can max out the game and not get bored or ruin the integrity of the game, but those spending igc well...
    Just wanted to say It was not that way for this gold spender and I am sure there are others like me.

I buy a certain amount of gold once a month. I regard that as like a 'koha' - a New Zealand term meaning: "gift, present, offering, donation, contribution - especially one maintaining social relationships and has connotations of reciprocity"

Nothing in the game makes me buy more gold than i budgeted for.

Having lots of game cash accelerated my spending of dollars. It meant i could buy things i would otherwise have gone without. Yes I am sure i spend some gold here and there in the process, but no more or less than i would do usually.

I think the 'gold strike' is a good idea to demonstrate opposition, and I am going to do it, but not indefinitely. Clearly gold spending is needed to keep the game going. That means that for me it would be wrong not to  buy some sometimes. So I will do the 'gold strike' only until we have a good resolution, or until it is time for me to buy gold again, which ever comes earliest. If I am not happy enough with the game to pay koha come that time, i will leave the game. 

• lowme1 (US1)lowme1 (US1) Posts: 33
    edited 19.08.2017
    if you understand buissiness, if you understand what customer relation is, then you also understand that our complaints will have to be taken seriously.
    because without us the customers, your shop will have no money and will go bankrupt
    so, please do not ignore us , the customer, and restore the (fishing) game to the point we,
    the customer enjoy playing it.
    if you do a minor change in dollars we can earn with it , and I mean "minor" I can live with that.
    but if no changes are made, i know what i am going to do. :/
    Only being allowed to sell my stock at the price before this mess will stop me from leaving the game, all other changes listed in this and other posts dictate the longevity of myself and others. 
  • We have only one strikebreaker coop. from gold league in Spain. GGS can´t ignore what  thousands of their players are saying. Thank you very much for your support
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 20.08.2017

I imagine - and especially as they feel the pinch of no gold purchases -random "free" gold will disappear and less GML licenses. 

It seems like the tools, intro of the edge crops, DSF, Yarnuckle’s prizes and other things  - GGS idea is to get us accustomed to EXPECTING.

Once we expect things to be a certain way or "count on" these "bonuses and "gifts" even if we had to "donate"  or play an event or something.

Next items to get nerfed will be the prizes from Yarnuckle's boat, drops, WoF, etc.  because too many tokens, treasure boxes, and event and temp farm seeds have been given. And for those who don't have a lab and nursery or they are at lower levels those premium and super feeds will be less and less IMHO. 

So here we are doing the Chevy Chase’s rant:   "I want to look him straight in the eye and tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor* flushing, snake licking, dirt eating, inbreed, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, d*#kle$$, hopeless, heartless, fat a$$ed, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey $h!t he is!!! Halleluah!! Holy $h!t!! Where's the Tylenol??"

BIGFARM PLAYER: I lost my temper when I got logged on to get my "bonus" by send out my massive fleet, sell my fish for lots of farm $$ so I could upgrade and play the game better and found out all that was nerfed without notice and I guess I said a few thing I shouldn't have.

GGS: Bonus? How did you get a bonus? I cut out bonuses this last week.

BIGFARM PLAYER: Yeah. Thanks for telling us. I was expecting a some $$ and some fun. Instead I got enrolled in a DSFish Market. [Insert #] years with the company/game and lots of gold purchases and time spent. I've gotten a bonus every every day for a month but this one. You don't want to give bonuses, fine. But when people count on them as their game play because YOU GAVE IT TO US TO DO SO, well what you did just plain...

OTHER BFPLAYERS: Sucks.

BIGFARM PLAYER: Thank you, OTHER BFPLAYERS.  My co-op members and other gamers, whose heart  and obviously wallet have been bigger than they should have been...

OTHER BFPLAYERS: Appreciate that, BIGFARM PLAYER.

BIGFARM PLAYER: Is innocent. I'll be more than happy to take the rap on this, on behalf of myself and every other player you rear-ended this past week...

LESS FREEQUENT BFPLAYERS: Why?? What happened?? We aren't sure what is going on but I have BILLIONS of fish we can’t sell and our ships, our fabulous ships the fleet we were promised something is wrong!! Hey what's up with them??

GGS: Remember how I was toying with the idea of suspending the DSF profits and providing all kinds of fish?

ALL BFPLAYERS:   *GASP*   NO!!!! YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING @_@ !!!!

LESS FREEQUENT BFPLAYERS & BFPLAYERS: You *didn't*! Well, of all the cheap lousy ways to save a buck!

SWAT Commander: That's pretty low, mister! If I had a rubber hose, I would beat you...

GGS: Well after listening to all the fallout, suggestions and ideas I did NOT change my mind. It's for the greater good!!!

ALL REMAINING - NOW STEPFORDIZED - BIGFARM PLAYERS: THE GREATER GOOD !! HAPPY FARMING !!

*edited an error i found in the IMDB quotes from "Christmas Vacation"

Post edited by JustMe (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Not really, i used them up in the WWC, (not to buy a place but to keep from losing to many) and I've already got 41 new tokens. Yarnacle tends to bring a few almost every day. So a few months without spinning should amount to quite lot.
    Shhhhhhhhhhh.. Or they'll "Rebalance" Yarnacle next :wink:
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    As long as it's the tokens I'm not too worried, but you're right, better not say to much, :*
  • I don't want to speak for anyone but myself, I don't mind BF changing the game from time to time, but this change was handled wrong!!!! I had ~ 650 Million in Dock fishing $$ that I made before this change and BF just wiped those $$ off my books!!!!!  If you do the math you will find that your fish lost 90% of their value from this wonderful change!!!!  For example: My first fish deal (at new market) is for 156 cod & 132 tuna, before the change that was worth ~ 6.5 Million today I only get 615 k???? That’s just wrong!!!!!!!!! The ONLY thing that will keep me from leaving the game is for BF to allow me to sell off all of the fish that I EARNED prior to the change at the price at the time prior to the change. I /we EARNED these $$$ playing the game as BF established, for BF to just arbitrarily decide to take away the $$$ I had stored is a deal breaker for me!!!!! And we haven’t touched the subject of GOLD / Dollars spent on the fleet.

• farmer46 (US1)farmer46 (US1) US1 Posts: 41

My second post to this thread:  If you are going to eliminate daily fishing holes for salmon and swordfish, then eliminate the daily challenges also.  what is the point? 

It's like getting your leg humped by a dog.. 

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    To all whose thoughts have been leaning towards compromising with GGS's "adjustment," I want to repeat - THE GAME DID NOT NEED RE-BALANCING.  The imbalance in the game came from all the new additions that have been made in the last half year or so.  Deep Sea Fishing restored the balance to one that was fun, progressed at a tolerable rate, and made possible playing all parts of the game.  The evidence of that is well documented in this thread.  Long time players found new interest in the game, new players were given hope that they could progress to higher levels, and a whole bunch of people found it to be a great deal of FUN!  We even have some evidence that more people were using more gold as a result of DSF.  In short, deep sea fishing, exactly as it was, was a huge success!

So don't fall into the compromising trap.  GGS made a horribly ignorant and destructive mistake, one they need to roll back as quickly as it can be done.
    The amount of money from deep sea fishing makes the game more fun but they reduced the income by too much without changing the costs of expansions and temporary farms.  I suggest that they make deep sea fishing at least profitable by allowing direct selling of fish at half price of the amount before deep sea changes update but also greatly increase the money of bakery products, shop products, increase Oleg fishing and mermaid bay product sell value.  

edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • Better be careful, GGS will shrink our barns, our orchard harvests, milk harvests, egg harvests, harvests in the gourmet farm and flower farm, etc. so that our harvests are 90% reduced as well....they have the means to do that too, you know!
    oh that would help em !!!! lol 
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    edited 20.08.2017
    lowme1 (US1) schrieb:
    Better be careful, GGS will shrink our barns, our orchard harvests, milk harvests, egg harvests, harvests in the gourmet farm and flower farm, etc. so that our harvests are 90% reduced as well....they have the means to do that too, you know!
    I wrote this one down :P
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Pichu said:
    lowme1 (US1) schrieb:
    Better be careful, GGS will shrink our barns, our orchard harvests, milk harvests, egg harvests, harvests in the gourmet farm and flower farm, etc. so that our harvests are 90% reduced as well....they have the means to do that too, you know!
    Here you are! :) I told them to keep their mouth shut. They never learn. :):):)
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    To all whose thoughts have been leaning towards compromising with GGS's "adjustment," I want to repeat - THE GAME DID NOT NEED RE-BALANCING.  The imbalance in the game came from all the new additions that have been made in the last half year or so.  Deep Sea Fishing restored the balance to one that was fun, progressed at a tolerable rate, and made possible playing all parts of the game.  The evidence of that is well documented in this thread.  Long time players found new interest in the game, new players were given hope that they could progress to higher levels, and a whole bunch of people found it to be a great deal of FUN!  We even have some evidence that more people were using more gold as a result of DSF.  In short, deep sea fishing, exactly as it was, was a huge success!

So don't fall into the compromising trap.  GGS made a horribly ignorant and destructive mistake, one they need to roll back as quickly as it can be done.
    The amount of money from deep sea fishing makes the game more fun but they reduced the income by too much without changing the costs of expansions and temporary farms.  I suggest that they make deep sea fishing at least profitable by allowing direct selling of fish at half price of the amount before deep sea changes update but also greatly increase the money of bakery products, shop products, increase Oleg fishing and mermaid bay product sell value.  

My first reaction when I started reading your post was, "Rats! He's fallen into the compromise trap."  But I think yours is a very good idea.  Possibly even a better one than restoring DSF to its original form.  Spreading the increase in profit that was required by all the additions to the game over a few of the already existing parts of the game would likely result in a smoother build up to the kind of profits DSF could make, even with its fish prices reduced.

Two thumbs up, dchen!  
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 20.08.2017
    Pichu said:
    lowme1 (US1) schrieb:
    I see someone gave you an LOL, this is not funny not in anyway shape or form.  Feels more like another slap!

Moderators may be able to regulate this forum but what is GGS going to do about the enormous damage on social networking.  
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment

Pichu said:
    lowme1 (US1) schrieb:
    I see someone gave you an LOL, this is not funny not in anyway shape or form.  Feels more like another slap!

Moderators may be able to regulate this forum but what is GGS going to do about the enormous damage on social networking.  
    Sorry @Damaria3 (US1), it was me that culprit. I know that it is in fact offensive. But I just can't take this company seriously any longer. Everything is so upside down, so mixed up, so ridiculous. GGS people are probably enjoying their weekend hardly aware of what is going on here. They don't care. They may say whatever, but they do not care. Should we care? Should we get upset cause they can't do proper math, cause they can't make a single update without spoling something else etc. etc.? Or cause players insulting others are promoted, while smart responses to their rudeness are deleted? I mean, really, this is all one big bad stinky joke. :) Sorry again, didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm so detached from this game that I can laugh at this black humor. You know me that I like exploiting funny side of things anyway. After all Pichu might actually be a nice guy. .)

What do you say @pichu? Are you a nice guy? Should we laugh at your black joke, quite inappropriate in this heated situation, or should we get offended? :)
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440

Pichu said:
    lowme1 (US1) schrieb:

Sorry @Damaria3 (US1), it was me that culprit. I know that it is in fact offensive. But I just can't take this company seriously any longer. Everything is so upside down, so mixed up, so ridiculous. GGS people are probably enjoying their weekend hardly aware of what is going on here. They don't care. They may say whatever, but they do not care. Should we care? Should we get upset cause they can't do proper math, cause they can't make a single update without spoling something else etc. etc.? Or cause players insulting others are promoted, while smart responses to their rudeness are deleted? I mean, really, this is all one big bad stinky joke. :) Sorry again, didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm so detached from this game that I can laugh at this black humor. You know me that I like exploiting funny side of things anyway. After all Pichu might actually be a nice guy. .)

What do you say @pichu? Are you a nice guy? Should we laugh at your black joke, quite inappropriate in this heated situation, or should we get offended? :)
    Just take it as a small joke to get a little bit cooling in this heated situation :)
  • well, 3 days since I've seen a cod, salmon or sailfish and everything I get to fill in the market requires one of those. I have so many herring, their coming out my ears, but of course no contracts for hearing. I am almost out of supplies for the boats, so when I'm out, the fleet will sit in harbor. How much more do we need to complain before you folks get it. I have yet to fill a contract with this new version., but in the mean time have spent a lot of money just sending out the fleet

edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment

Pichu said:

Pichu said:
    lowme1 (US1) schrieb:

Just take it as a small joke to get a little bit cooling in this heated situation :)
    I thought so. :) I actually found it very funny. I burst out laughing when I read it. :) I have huge sense of humor. Although I'm equally aware of the massive moral debacle exhibition of GGS and would hate to offend players who quite rightly feel cheated and robbed and ridiculed etc. Well, posting on this forum sometimes feels like walking the mine field, but a few blasts here and there are not gonna spoil my fun and joy of life. :)
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 20.08.2017
    So @artful (US1) if I am reading you right their game their rules  how is this game to survive at all, who does business when people change the rules to suit them to their advantage at any whim or excuse they choose to use.  I am not a lawyer and dont know where the line is that has to be crossed, so you have this knowledge?  I could contact paypal to get a better understanding if players have any protections and get back to you. 
    You have no protections to get your money back. Like Art said it is the risk you take and what you bought was game play time not a place on the board of directors.   

Art is right. They have shut down a game in the past and it did not hurt them at all they just opened a new one (the big farm). The people that played that game that was shut down got no refunds, it was just gone one day. All of it legal. Again as Art said chance you take to play an online game. It is like gambling if you put a 10.00 on a slot machine and walk away with nothing you can not ask for a refund. You can not say I want a refund because the game slot machine or video poker did not play the way I wanted it to.

As much as I hate the change and I do GGS has not broken any law and they can change it any way they want any time without notice and we can either keep playing or walk away.

They also have 5 other games out there other than big farm. They can run big farm into the ground and it is no big deal to them. The people that played that game that was shut down got no refunds, it was just gone one day.

Should they listen to there customers yes, do they have to no. Would they make more money in the long run and have more long term player if they did I think so. The thing is more people were buying gold and playing more of the game parts because they felt it was moving along as they had the cash to do more. I know I did and I have been playing for 4 plus years. I felt like i had the farm cash for temp farms, coop, coop village plus upgrades. I did not have to pick one or the other. Was I enjoying the game again yes am I now not really. Am I still playing not half as much. Did they loose my 100.00 a month in gold buying yes. Am I the only one no, so maybe what 200 people will walk away.  Not going to hurt them at all.

GGS is not out for the long run they are out for the fast buck and when big farm stops making it they will move on.

We can all say I am not playing any more or buying gold until the cows come home the reality is it will make do difference and there is nothing we can do about it.

Right or wrong that is how it is.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    "You have no protections to get your money back. Like Art said it is the risk you take and what you bought was game play time not a place on the board of directors.  "  Laughed out loud.  Had to wipe my drink from my monitor.  Thanks for that.

And, you are right on in your comments.
Sign In to comment.