Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    am also disappointed (huge understatement) with the contents of this update :'(  , but have waited to comment until I could see how the fishy market developed. 

ok, maybe I can see the point that profits were exceedingly high for the deep sea fishing but to upgrade the boats, especially the trawler, as well as the lab & the temporary island farm are also unbelievably expensive. I was of the opinion that the deep sea fishing was intended to offset those costs and to rebalance the game again. silly me. Therefore note to GGS: When the fishing was first introduced it should have been clearly explained that the high prices were only temporary.  I will also echo the calls for a rebalancing of lab/matilda/stash & temporary island farm. I enjoy playing all parts of this game & lack of dollars (I am L314) was hindering my ability to do this fully, I really enjoyed being able to upgrade labs and build a whole temporary farm, I can't normally afford that. 

I am aggrieved that there is no option to sell. I find this aspect troublesome within the game for the products that already have this, I really did not was another unable to sell/unlimited storage item. If the profits were too high the better option would have been to reduce how many dollars we got when selling the fish & chum directly, not remove the ability to sell them at all.

In terms of the contracts ... there are way too many contracts with the rewards of just rake & brush, this should be for want of a better word "re-balanced". Once I got past the L1 fishy market the contracts did vary more and the profits did increase, so not too bad, not as good as it was, but more in line with organic market. There also appears to be too many orders asking for chum, I think the production times of chum need to either be reduced or the contracts need altering. I personally only look for dollars on a contract order & make sure this is above the cost of production, the rest I deem as a bonus and nothing more. 

The problem with the organic market is the quantities required at a higher level, it takes so long to fill the orders & the quantities are too large often to fill the timed orders with normal farming so they are just skipped. The lower & medium levels of the organic market worked well. L99 not so much, but it doesn't matter as much because when the orders get blocked on one item I have other products I am selling to make a profit. The fish won't be able to balance like this with the removal of the ability to sell. 

I have really only fished using the workers to increase the fish caught per hour, so in essence I have probably missed out quite a bit during the secret bonanza profits phase, but if I send out the boats with just those workers all except a couple of my un-upgraded boats remain profitable, not like it was before, but I will always take any profit over none, albeit grumbling at the moment. 

The longer fishing times are annoying, but manageable. However, what is not manageable and my biggest grievance is the fish pools. It was bad enough doing FHWE when there was no control over what type of pools, now it is ridiculous all there seems to be is the oyster/clam/shrimp pools and the tuna/herring pools. It will not be possible to fill market orders or do a FHWE event if there are no pools of the type of fish about. This needs to be urgently addressed. Even with oleg fishing you could use bait to ensure the items was available if it was needed, that is not possible here. As I see it there are 2 options 1) ensure there there is always 1 type of each pool available at all times, or 2) enable using the fishing equipment to change the contents of a pool .. e.g. if you attached the lobster cage and sent the boat to tuna/herring pool it would catch tuna, herring & lobster. 

Oh and one other point ... rather than a delete for fish equipment items a sell would have been much better. 

There is no storage limits so a delete button would be the same as no button.  
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 119
    I am still really struggling with the fish market.  Not one Lobster pool since the update.  I have tried hard to get a third contract, thought the two contracts I had were improving in reward a bit, and then today one of them went right back to the one rake and one brush offer.  Still no third contract.  If we can't start upgrading profit mark up until we get 6 contracts this is going to take years!  Does ANYONE have a 3rd contract yet? 
    muggle1 @ en 1
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 19.08.2017
    @muggle1 (GB1) like this? (Need to fulfill the contract 15 times before reach this stage)

Surya54 @ WWW 1

Keep it up!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,410
    @muggle1 (GB1) like this? (Taking 15 times before reach this stage)

How are you managing to do that without losing money?  

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The meaning of balancing is not too much or too little, the right amounts to make the game more fun and also fair.  When the developers thinks the sell values are too much, they remove the ability to sell and make the dollar values in contracts way too low.  
  • Felixx5 (INT1)Felixx5 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 7
    This is the most read forum discussion. I'll ask the next question here in the hope that someone from the GGS will read it. Briefly. I recently left the coop after many years. Why can I not see CC as an "ordinary" player? Why can not I see how CC advances? Why should I be a member of the coop to GGS me the view of CC results? Why I was discriminated against in the same game. My wish would be to see how CC progresses. The GGS would like me to enter Coop because there are "benefits". Do I have to? Sorry about the interference.
    Felixx5 @ WWW 1
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    For oyster/clam/shrimp pool, I use non speedy motorboat crew/equipment, while the other pool using any avaiable fleet (7 Runabouts, 4 Wherries, and a Skipjack). Doing the contract that only offer karma + dollars
    Surya54 @ WWW 1

Keep it up!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 31,308
    . Why can I not see CC as an "ordinary" player? Why can not I see how CC advances? Why should I be a member of the coop to GGS me the view of CC results? Why I was discriminated against in the same game. My wish would be to see how CC progresses. The GGS would like me to enter Coop because there are "benefits". Do I have to? Sorry about the interference.
    @Felixx5 (INT1)  The reason you can't see the CC as a player who's not in a cooperative is probably because there's typically no need for it. If someone enjoys playing solo, they may even not want the CC event shown. ;)  

• I noticed the top 50 in the current CC, and it seems very likely that those folks in those coops (most in the top 10) are keeping GGS in business...so all our hollering and weeping and gnashing of teeth is falling by the wayside...As long as GGS gets enough gullible folks to buy the gold, our voice will not be heard and acted upon (unless it is in a negative way and very unbeneficial for us).  I have hundreds of socks to give out to the homeless!
    having played in the top cc coops not everyone uses gold
    the level and amount of time you play is factored in
    gold users allow others to play for free

davejohnston @ us 1
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Have not run a mission not going to either... The reason I run missions during the cc is to gain certs to upgrade my tractors, putting upgrades to tractors on hold for now... Boats are in dry dock for now, haven't even looked at a contract from the new and improved fish market.

All I want is one chance to sell all the fish, chum and other deep sea creatures that i caught prior to the "balancing" at the price prior too the" balancing." I won't be holding my breath on this one as I have a better chance of becoming the pope, and If you knew me you all would be rotflyao
    Timothy 1:18                                                                                                                                                     1st Corinthians 13
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    U see this karma points are way too expensive just can't tell u how much I flushed flushed and flushed then this appeared in front of me I said some decent money then I use stash and when I was going to put I rmember I am not boating any more :trollface:
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,410
    Have not run a mission not going to either... The reason I run missions during the cc is to gain certs to upgrade my tractors, putting upgrades to tractors on hold for now... Boats are in dry dock for now, haven't even looked at a contract from the new and improved fish market.

All I want is one chance to sell all the fish, chum and other deep sea creatures that i caught prior to the "balancing" at the price prior too the" balancing." I won't be holding my breath on this one as I have a better chance of becoming the pope, and If you knew me you all would be rotflyao
    I'm doing the daily mission, Your Holiness.  I do hope the powers that be will allow one sell off, but that would take reprogramming, etdamncetera. :)

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• if balance is the buzz word, i'd like to know how they came to the conclusion that a wheel of fortune that could rack up points in minutes, which would take literally weeks to acru in WCC, was 'balanced'

cos if anything of late was out of balance to an extraordinary degree, its was the last minute introduction of the WCC wheel
    they had said they were going to do that earlier at the start
    I did not use gold but had 500 tokens saved
    davejohnston @ us 1
  • FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,220
    Yes, that is good that you saved them....have you used them all up?  I know they do come once in a blue moon in our harvests...but to accumulate 500 of them that way would take years and years without having already bought a whole lot using gold.
        Original acrylic painting by FarmerCli

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Not really, i used them up in the WWC, (not to buy a place but to keep from losing to many) and I've already got 41 new tokens. Yarnacle tends to bring a few almost every day. So a few months without spinning should amount to quite lot.
Sign In to comment.