Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    I'm sending my boats out and I'm getting almost all low value fishing holes.  Where are the higher value fishing holes we used to get quite often?  I've sent them out several times and have gotten a total of 1 swordfish fishing hold and 1 lobster fishing hole.
    That was part of the fun of Deep Sea fishing - strategically fishing out holes during the day to set up high value holes (i.e. Swordfish holes) to be fished out on long overnight trips.  Wonderful little brain twisters of how to crew up boats to fish out pools with the fewest boats, how to schedule their return to the dock for best coordination and largest catch, figuring out new tricks you could play with crew and boat combinations to get the desired outcome.

Shrimp pools were the annoying flies at the picnic.  The only thing good about them was that, if you had the right boats in dock, you could fish one out in 30 or 40 mins, thus getting a decent chance at opening up a better pool worth spending some time fishing.  So now all you get is Shrimp pools, huh?  Pffft!  Not even worth wasting brain power on!  You can make better money going through Oleg and fishing for hogfish by hand.
  • TXGma (US1)TXGma (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    To Spain-- Gracias Mi amigas and amigos! Salute!!! Thanks Michiru!

Thanks also to Grammy26, Thorim, Penfold- classic response--LMAO!
  •                <<<<<<<<  CALLING ALL PLAYERS >>>>>>>>> 

While there are thousands of disgruntled, outraged players, we can take a step back, get a deep breath and think beyond ourselves for a moment. When the rage subsides, we can feel so sorry about GGS having such a big issue and we could try to help.

It occurred to me, that our addictive game playing and gold slamming could be a danger to GGS. How badly would we feel if we didn't consider that GGS is headed in the wrong direction and we funded that misguided destination? We are loyal players and want everyone to be happy and succeed, right?

When we turn the table, perhaps we are in the place to help GGS avoid making way too much money in a short time. They may lose interest in their jobs, take long vacations, or even retire on a fat mystery chest full of our gold if we don't take stock of our actions now.

<<<<< We can't be responsible for that >>>>>>

Why don't we come up with noble ways to help GGS avoid progressing in their earnings and having to retire early? They surely shouldn't be bored with their gaming. Handing out all of that money could be a disaster such as the one GGS tried to help us avoid in fishing.

Here are a few ideas we may consider in our philanthropic efforts.  Please share yours as well.

1) Stop playing the Coop Competition - since it isn't one anyway. Our continual dropping of gold will only cause the game company to advance too soon and lose interest in player satisfaction. So, lets skip it and work our farms and rebuild all of our special seeds and feed. All of those coops who buy wins with gold will have to be accountable for their own contribution to the misdirection of the gaming company. (If you are hopelessly addicted, play one CC/per month and do it with more bang).

2) Don't buy gold for the next 3-4 weeks. We don't want to contribute to the disinterest in the jobs of Good Game personnel. We can play without it and sacrifice for the good of those who bring us such fun. We don't want to send GGS to Tahiti so soon they get bored.

3) Don't engage in any new BF activities until it has been played for 3-4 months. We wouldn't want our game buddies to get a big boost in profit from the launch of a new glitch-filled game. They need time to change the rules and destroy all the momentum.

4) Evaluate the benefit of playing Village League "challenge" especially during CC. If we continue to play VLC with 2 coops at a time, while we juggle CC, we may generate a dangerous amount of income for GGS. What's the point? One team is always #1 and the others just slide around in similar rank. We dare not buy what's needed on the VLC list or push with gold, that could have devastating results for our game company friends.

An old saying comes to mind now.."Whats good for the goose is good for the gander" --hee -hee.!

So go forth and enjoy the game and our renewed consideration of others..

Please feel free to add your ideas and Happy Farming!

(These are the thoughts of one player and not the position of a coop )

TXGma

Call Center Mumbai is involved? Good Lawd!!!
  • At this point, I say that we atleast participate in the upcoming CC, and as soon as possible, the leaders and other high people in the top coops can talk about what can be done to get GGS to rethink some of their decisions.  As many people have said, the fish revamps have definitely destroyed our ability to make more cash, and if we don't do something soon, it'll only get worse.  Action needs to be taken, no matter what the cost.  I don't know what GGS has been doing and why they have made these decisions.  People have said they're greedy, don't care about the good of the players, just want to take advantage of people, etc, but we don't know that for sure.  I would like it if people can spread the word throughout other servers that it's time the players take action.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We could all stop playing right now and they would not care.  They have already shut down a game in the past.  Right now the run 5 games not including big farm. If no one played big farm they would shut it down and just make money on the other 5 games they have.
    Yep.  That pretty much sums it up.  
  • ok, I have noticed not everyone is as angry now or is it that they have just left the game?  I'm still very upset about the change, but I have been still playing (but not as much and definitely not as important) and now I remember what dsf helped changed the STAGNANT feel of the game when you have no money to upgrade anything. GGS thought this unbalanced the game and we were moving to quickly with upgrades and updates, did they not realize that is what made it fun?  That when it takes a month before you can do an upgrade because of the cost, where is that fun? Some people like figuring out how much cost to profit etc... other like the challenges, others just enjoy the farming (sometimes brainless but works as a stress soother), others like the company, etc... but if you want to move forward in the game it costs money, there isn't a lot of things that give you a decent profit to be able to move forward, dsf did. Unless of course you wanted to spend gold just to feel like you were going somewhere.

The one thing I definitely can say is that I won't purchase gold anymore and really don't think I will be around much longer but can't say for sure, maybe SOMETHING will change to help the players again (will definitely be more suspicious of it and won't hoard it lol) .  I think I'm back to being done with any of these forums, thought that maybe this company might actually read and take into account players feelings, all the negativity brought about with the change, and really why, I WANTED TO VENT BECAUSE I FELT VERY CHEATED and still do.

Good luck to all who are leaving and don't blame ya at all, I'm just to lazy to look right now lol and to us who are staying fingers crossed that SOMETHING POSITIVE will be done but since I'm not actually an optimist I really don't believe it.

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    People, everyone, just take a breath here.  This is JUST a game.  A silly clickfest of a game.  We don't own it, GG studios does.  And they can do what ever bone headed move they want to at any time.   Everyone playing needs to understand that from the start.  And when this stops being fun, find something else to do is all.

Now if GG had any sense at all, they should realize this whole ship yard thing was working.  It had people playing.  Interest enough to sit here playing for hours, investing every bit of resource we have to upgrade.
    Isn't this the goal here?  Get players to keep playing?
    So at this stage, (again IF anyone in charge had two functioning brain cells)  they could have tacked on a few special tools only available with gold.  REASONABLE amounts of gold.  Maybe new ships only available with gold.   Maybe a few stages of upgrades only buyable with gold such as with the dog house.
    They had the players interest.  They could have made profit from this if they worked it right.  This had so much potential.

But the two functioning brain cells were out to lunch when someone decided to do away with any chance to make profit from this.   And the result?   A whole lot of anger, and several I see already LEAVING the game.
    Who ever did this needs to be introduced to the unemployment line.   Let someone turn this mess around before it's too late.  

But I have seen this sort of stupidity many times before in my life.   I don't think anything will change back.

So…. for me?  Already stopped spending money when they flat out refuse to put any kind of gold protection in place.  Fine. Shake my pockets.  I come here with them empty.  I did spend at first.  Just a few bucks, here and there but hey, if even just half the people playing spent a few bucks here and there, this is a world wide game.  That adds up.  But instead?  Nope.  None from me.  Too many times it was lost by clicking a fraction of a hair in the wrong spot.  

Ships?   Well yea, I spent a ton on them but I'll make it back the old way selling flower farm stuff and bakery stuff and filling market stuff.   Slow but steady.  I think I'll just work my farm and forget all the extra nonsense.
    ESPECIALLY all this competition stuff.  I will be sending out notes to my coops Monday unless I see something huge announced here.  (doubtful.)  I won't be competing against other teams at all anymore. 

no more with the expensive garbage.  The whole entire coop village thing has ZERO profit anywhere.  My coops keep on upgrading buildings, but gees.  WHEN does any of them actually produce something to sell?
    Yea, letting that all go.

Temp farms…. yawn.  no.

Can't wait for their next great addition.   Which like all their new additions, the best advice is just leave it alone, watch the forums, wait till all the many assorted bugs are complained about, then months later patched. Maybe.   THEN try it.   Sure glad I did that with the ship yard.  I didn't get near as far as many of you folks have.  So not as much lost in time and investment.   

Yea GG really needs to undo this.   So we'll see.  
    Have a good weekend everyone.   Cook out with my neighbors tomorrow.  Life goes on.  This silly game won't ruin mine.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 19.08.2017

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED??  

GGS PULLED MY INFORMATIVE POST THAT TOOK HOURS TO RESEARCH, ORGANIZE AND INPUT.  

Don''t players have the right to share ideas with other players? There were no accusations, just information on the legal definitions of misrepresentation and fraud for the Departments of Justice, Federal Trade Commission and other entities that are there to protect consumers. Maybe it was the links to sites that receive complaints that they didn't want players to see or utilize.

A lot of hype & effort went into promoting a new fishing component to players that led us to believe that this would be both fun and result in gains for the farms.. We invested literal money to complete extended upgrade costs, diverted funds from other farms to build a fishing business.

We drop hundreds of millions to buy resources and outfit boats for excursions all at the cost of other production. Then GGS decides that the players are getting too far ahead in a game that puts out more new things than we can digest or fathom. It's presented as if we are getting a boost in farm development that may not keep the game interesting, when if fact, it may more likely be an action directed at the only thing that seems to matter to GGS---their bottom line.

So—how do the players recoup the hundreds of millions they are losing because the company decides some players are "advancing too soon"? How are we compensated for the losses directed to a now defunct portion of the game? Are you going to return what we spent on all the equipment, gear and upgrades? Or, are you going to throw some nominal mystery box at us to make us feel better?

This was misrepresentation of the game, the fishing function, the earnings, and future benefits of directing our resources into that which was to render a return. GGS led players to believe the fishing area would be a good component to develop, let players invest enormous funds into it and then – POOF!!! -- took away the ability to sell the fish.

GGS knew players would make money—if they happened to underestimate that in their research, development and testing…why is the misled player taking the loss? 

Furthermore, Is one day notice enough while we are working HW, VL challenges and other deadline events? 

Why couldn’t there be a gradual reduction so players can try to figure out how to recoup what was fraudulently taken from us. We played with the expectation of a gain—we show some gain( at great costs) and then you take the toys and go home??

THERE ARE A LOT OF GAMES ON THE MARKET THAT WE CAN BUY WITH ONE PURCHASE AND PLAY OVER AND OVER WITHOUT INCURRING ADDITIONAL COSTS. 

WHAT IF WE DECIDE THIS ISN’T WORTH IT ANYMORE? 

WHAT IF PLAYERS GET SO FED UP THEY DECIDE TO STAY OFF THE GAME ALL TOGETHER FOR A COUPLE WEEKS? 

WHAT IF PLAYERS DECIDE NOT TO BUY GOLD OR INVEST FINANCIALLY IN THIS GAME ANYMORE?

The development of distrust in an organization can result in customers changing their level of engagement or not even playing anymore.

Since most of our farm friends are caring and decent people, we don't feel that angst without wishing things were equally utilized for both game and players.

TXGma

:D they have nerfed tons of posts off here today (I think you had links to outside internet sites or quoted) - shut down other forums on other servers and closed discussions which you can't start a new thread or face being banned... several people have been warned and some banned off the forum for posts such as your or sarcastic humor or just critizing - oh BTW you cant say anything about boycotting buying gold either  - violates the forum's TOS so I have been told  - also can't spam although that appears to be very subjective by the mods - even saying something  naming another GGS game is grounds for warnings and bans -SMH
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 19.08.2017
    my boats are out fishing with bridgettes and roys, building inventory (made 20 million less 100 bridgettes and 100 roys yesterday and today, so there is some profit to be made... you just have to pick and choose your contracts and get lucky as well to get good ones) and yes, it is a game and it will not ruin my life either... have cookout with friends tomorrow in RL as well!!!  

Relax and just enjoy life... rid yourself of what ails you... embrace what makes you happy!!

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

<<<<<<<<  CALLING ALL PLAYERS >>>>>>>>> 

While there are thousands of disgruntled, outraged players, we can take a step back, get a deep breath and think beyond ourselves for a moment. When the rage subsides, we can feel so sorry about GGS having such a big issue and we could try to help.

It occurred to me, that our addictive game playing and gold slamming could be a danger to GGS. How badly would we feel if we didn't consider that GGS is headed in the wrong direction and we funded that misguided destination? We are loyal players and want everyone to be happy and succeed, right?

When we turn the table, perhaps we are in the place to help GGS avoid making way too much money in a short time. They may lose interest in their jobs, take long vacations, or even retire on a fat mystery chest full of our gold if we don't take stock of our actions now.

<<<<< We can't be responsible for that >>>>>>

Why don't we come up with noble ways to help GGS avoid progressing in their earnings and having to retire early? They surely shouldn't be bored with their gaming. Handing out all of that money could be a disaster such as the one GGS tried to help us avoid in fishing.

Here are a few ideas we may consider in our philanthropic efforts.  Please share yours as well.

1) Stop playing the Coop Competition - since it isn't one anyway. Our continual dropping of gold will only cause the game company to advance too soon and lose interest in player satisfaction. So, lets skip it and work our farms and rebuild all of our special seeds and feed. All of those coops who buy wins with gold will have to be accountable for their own contribution to the misdirection of the gaming company. (If you are hopelessly addicted, play one CC/per month and do it with more bang).

2) Don't buy gold for the next 3-4 weeks. We don't want to contribute to the disinterest in the jobs of Good Game personnel. We can play without it and sacrifice for the good of those who bring us such fun. We don't want to send GGS to Tahiti so soon they get bored.

3) Don't engage in any new BF activities until it has been played for 3-4 months. We wouldn't want our game buddies to get a big boost in profit from the launch of a new glitch-filled game. They need time to change the rules and destroy all the momentum.

4) Evaluate the benefit of playing Village League "challenge" especially during CC. If we continue to play VLC with 2 coops at a time, while we juggle CC, we may generate a dangerous amount of income for GGS. What's the point? One team is always #1 and the others just slide around in similar rank. We dare not buy what's needed on the VLC list or push with gold, that could have devastating results for our game company friends.

An old saying comes to mind now.."Whats good for the goose is good for the gander" --hee -hee.!

So go forth and enjoy the game and our renewed consideration of others..

Please feel free to add your ideas and Happy Farming!

(These are the thoughts of one player and not the position of a coop )

TXGma

Ur idea was the best but the moment any mod read that it will be removed hahaha so hope they don't do that 
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 19.08.2017
     @TXGma (US1)  I thank you for all your hard work and am surprised that you are not behind bars.  Happy surprise,  they are thin skinned and cant take the heat  cause they pay for this forum  Think you really scared them giving us all the place to file legal complaints  Loved reading that their reputation is in shreds globally now  so they are losing their loyal customer base and new people will be afraid to come.  GREED is an ugly thing, karma often bites you in the butt we are all witnessing this.  

• WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED??  

Don''t players have the right to share ideas with other players? There were no accusations, just information on the legal definitions of misrepresentation and fraud for the Departments of Justice, Federal Trade Commission and other entities that are there to protect consumers. Maybe it was the links to sites that receive complaints that they didn't want players to see or utilize.

A lot of hype & effort went into promoting a new fishing component to players that led us to believe that this would be both fun and result in gains for the farms.. We invested literal money to complete extended upgrade costs, diverted funds from other farms to build a fishing business.

We drop hundreds of millions to buy resources and outfit boats for excursions all at the cost of other production. Then GGS decides that the players are getting too far ahead in a game that puts out more new things than we can digest or fathom. It's presented as if we are getting a boost in farm development that may not keep the game interesting, when if fact, it may more likely be an action directed at the only thing that seems to matter to GGS---their bottom line.

So—how do the players recoup the hundreds of millions they are losing because the company decides some players are "advancing too soon"? How are we compensated for the losses directed to a now defunct portion of the game? Are you going to return what we spent on all the equipment, gear and upgrades? Or, are you going to throw some nominal mystery box at us to make us feel better?

This was misrepresentation of the game, the fishing function, the earnings, and future benefits of directing our resources into that which was to render a return. GGS led players to believe the fishing area would be a good component to develop, let players invest enormous funds into it and then – POOF!!! -- took away the ability to sell the fish.

GGS knew players would make money—if they happened to underestimate that in their research, development and testing…why is the misled player taking the loss? 

Furthermore, Is one day notice enough while we are working HW, VL challenges and other deadline events? 

Why couldn’t there be a gradual reduction so players can try to figure out how to recoup what was fraudulently taken from us. We played with the expectation of a gain—we show some gain( at great costs) and then you take the toys and go home??

THERE ARE A LOT OF GAMES ON THE MARKET THAT WE CAN BUY WITH ONE PURCHASE AND PLAY OVER AND OVER WITHOUT INCURRING ADDITIONAL COSTS. 

WHAT IF PLAYERS GET SO FED UP THEY DECIDE TO STAY OFF THE GAME ALL TOGETHER FOR A COUPLE WEEKS? 

WHAT IF PLAYERS DECIDE NOT TO BUY GOLD OR INVEST FINANCIALLY IN THIS GAME ANYMORE?

The development of distrust in an organization can result in customers changing their level of engagement or not even playing anymore.

Since most of our farm friends are caring and decent people, we don't feel that angst without wishing things were equally utilized for both game and players.

TXGma

I saw it before it was pulled and I hope a lot others did too.  Thank you for the insight!
  • bornfree11 (US1)bornfree11 (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 19.08.2017
    Ok, I know a lot had been said about the lost fishing, but I have to vent too.  I WAS READY TO QUIT just before they announced the fishing area.  That one feature made me believe in the game again.  I then proceeded foolishly to buy gold to set it up, speed the boat house upgrades, buy the boats, speed upgrade them, etc. and I was happy I was finally moving forward with my farm.  I was getting enough income to upgrade and expand, in other words to GROW!.  I was buying and spending gold as I have never done on any game, because it was fun.  Now they took the income out.  They made it impossible to progress in the game, and honestly I don't feel like expending YEARS and YEARS to upgrade my farm lab or any other building.  
    Several members of my coop are leaving and I feel compelled to follow them.  I no longer have the urge of buying gold to speed construction etc.  I dont want to stop playing, but if the game comes back to the crawl it was before the fishing, I will have no choice.  I'm just sad about the hundreds of dollars I invested in this game.
    Well, I guess I wont be expending anymore.

Sorry GG nobody likes an INDIAN GIVER.
  • MLady Lia (US1)MLady Lia (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED??  

TXGma

I saw it, too. A lot of people saw it. They can delete posts all they like... but they can't delete the memory of them. No. More. Gold. Even if they change things back to the way they were - how can anyone trust anything they put out again? They might as well lock the thread and wipe it from the servers. And yet it lives... No. More. Gold. No. More. Gold. No more gold. Period.
  • I have lost $20,000,000 in 24 hours, the only reason I can fathom is that it costs more to send boats out than we get. the "balancing Act " is worthy of an unfit, over weight, drunk, brain dead sloth, I was introduced to another farm game which doesn't need gold or anything of its equivalent, seriously considering voting with my feet. If it's comparable may let all my friends on big farm know via messaging,if this sounds threatening , it should. I will wait to see how Big farm fixes this blunder, but not for too long, I will miss the friends I have made, but maybe they will change too !
        The players are not idiots and should not be treated in this manner, it is demeaning , insulting, not well thought out.
    People will keep complaining till they fix it

My small (but mighty) co-op would gladly make the change, keep us informed on this new opportunity.
    edited 19.08.2017
    I see familiar names I see in CC's but never in forum now posting they have really brought all of us together with the unsavory chain of events  people relax enjoy yr week end farm your farms  forget about the tent it is just a tent  join us in solidarity to enjoy a bit of just plain farming. 
    Post edited by Damaria3 (US1) on
  • At this point, I say that we atleast participate in the upcoming CC, and as soon as possible, the leaders and other high people in the top coops can talk about what can be done to get GGS to rethink some of their decisions.  As many people have said, the fish revamps have definitely destroyed our ability to make more cash, and if we don't do something soon, it'll only get worse.  Action needs to be taken, no matter what the cost.  I don't know what GGS has been doing and why they have made these decisions.  People have said they're greedy, don't care about the good of the players, just want to take advantage of people, etc, but we don't know that for sure.  I would like it if people can spread the word throughout other servers that it's time the players take action.
    some of us spent real money to upgrade the boats
  • With the recent changes to the deep sea fishing i have thought of a great idea for a new decoration.
    First in the multiplayer features tab you need to include a friends button/tab
    Then you can make a big 5x5 pile of dung to keep track of all your friends that do not log into the game anymore and it will give you negetive happiness for you farm.
    Now that will give balance over the long term wont it.

• Oh and of course as the deco levels it gets bigger and automaticly removes any surrounding buildings to make room for its self so you can help destroy players farms and make the game terrible at the same time.
    Wow thats a win win in your books am i right
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 19.08.2017
    Now that I have had a chance to look at this update....here are my thoughts.

1   We should still be able to sell fish.  GGS was wrong to remove this feature.  GGS was correct that the amounts were too high.  People were making insane amounts of off the fish, and some balance had left the game.  That needed reigning in.  You could do that buy cutting the selling prices by 70 percent and letting people choose between that and the market.  In the regular market, we can sell apples there or sell them directly.  You make 25 percent more if you sell them in the market, but you have the choice.  I think that choice should be here.  There was no logical reason to remove this, simply re-balance the pricing.

2  I absolutely hate the new fishing travel times and locations.  It had taken a long time to learn the previous set-up, and changing that was totally unnecessary.  There was absolutely no reason for that.

3   The prices of the crew and tackle need to be greatly reduced, given the market's prices.

4   Also, the various perks such as karma and rakes, etc., should not cut into the pricing so deeply.  For example a market order might let me sell 200 fish for 3 million, and then another market order might let me sell the same 200 fish and get a rake plus 500,000.  In these circumstances, you are way underwater.

5   Lastly, I had quit doing the temp (island,Viking,Candy) farms, because it sucked too many farm dollars away.  The fishing allowed me to start doing them again.  I am considering not doing the temp farms anymore.  You should not put me in the position of not wanting to play the temp farms, because it cripples my main farm.  This is ridiculous.  The fishing had solved that.  If, as I noted above, you had cut the prices by 70 percent, and left the fishing areas and travel times alone, there would have been enough extra income to do the temp farms and some moderate growth.  In short, GGS went too far.  If they truly seek balance, they will find a middle ground between what used to be and what they have done.

I want to add to my earlier thoughts.

Number 2 is extremely important.  You need to put the fish locations and times back to the way they were.  I am not arguing that you get rid of the market altogether, but it does not work well with the current fish layout.  The old one needs to come back.

You need to remove the penalty for declining an order.  The regular market has a much, much greater variety of farm items and does not creates streaks and ruts as a result.  There only 9 types of fish.  You can easily get stuck declining orders over and over, looking for a way to sell what you have collected, to collect money to buy more tackle and personnel.  This is hugely punitive.  Ultimately, this is why you are going to have to allow the direct selling of fish.  Right now, I have to keep buying tackle and personnel to catch fish that I can never get rid of.  If this stays the case, then I have to stop fishing.  Please understand this.

I am not trying to get you to undo the market.  But it is inferior to the organic market and is likely to always be, because the product range is so much smaller.  It will always be subject to more mathematical pitfalls.   

If you go back and look at the discussion from 2 years ago, I was a large part of catching the bugs in the current organic market.  I understand that you want this format to succeed, and that some players will not be helpful in this endeavor.  But right now, if you do not allow the direct selling of fish, then you would need to dramatically increase the market order cash payouts to make up for its inherent flaws.   I am extremely confident that if you allow the direct selling of fish, people will ultimately do both, just as they do with the regular market.  Sometimes is better for me to sell apples directly and sometimes better through the market.  The fact that I can decide that for myself when to use the market and when not to, enhances the gameplay, not detracts from it. 

You at GGS would like for us to trust you that this market should exist.  I get that.  But you must also trust us.  The market is better than direct selling.  People will hate me for saying that.  You are actually somewhat correct about that.  When you allow the direct selling of fish, the better players will figure out the benefits of the market, and ultimately those tips will feed down to others.  But you must have just as much faith in us as you expect us to have in you!  By not allowing the direct selling of fish, you are attempting to man-handle the player and force this upon them.  That will not get you the result that you hope for.  The rollout of the first organic market was much better, even though it took a long time for players to get used to it.  You need to trust that process to happen again. It won't be overnight, but people will ultimately prefer the market.....if you will just handle this better.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    As angry, mad, frustrated, hurt, feelings of being deceived, lied to, ignored as a lot of us feel we all have to keep one thing in mind as much as we all feel that this is our game it truth it isn't it belongs to GGS and they are entitled to do with it as they wish. Do I feel what they did with the Deep Sea farm was right? No. Some more advanced notice and allowing those who had substantial fish inventories, like myself to sell those inventories before this diabolical started would probably minimized much of the back lash GGS is now getting. My concern is that GGS will just shut the whole game down with out notice, log off one day can't log in the next cause the game is gone. They have a history of doing just that. If they do something like that then we all lose. That being said, I me my self and I alone will not buy gold nor compete in CC or Deep Sea or extra farms or any of the other things that GGS offers just so they can increase their profit margins.

What others do is up to them, I was going to quit but by doing that GGS wins but instead I will plod along playing my three farms till I am bored then I will be done. I will leave on my terms not because GGS angers me with there stupid pig headed decisions to ruin a great game 
  • Jillaroo (US1)Jillaroo (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    I just want to say that I have followed this thread for four days and have put in my two cents about how upsetting all of this is. But it came to me tonight when consoling a BF friend whose wife passed away yesterday morning, that this game is made up of a lot of very good and loving people who have found comfortable homes in their co-ops. These people are our friends as well as just our co-players. We've had a lot of laughs with them and shared some tears with them, and expressed anger about things to them. And they have buoyed us up with encouragement when we just wanted to quit, when life or the game had gotten us so down that we couldn't go on. There may be other games out there, but nowhere will you find the solidarity that we have found here. There are no other games where people can come together in co-ops and on forums to help each other. At Big Farm, we take turns saving one another from ourselves, our despair, our troubles and pain and sometimes from quitting the game. As upset as I have been about the management's decision to mess up the fishing, I truly would not want to lose Big Farm or run them out of business. And believe me, I was ready to quit and destroy my fleet along with others. Through some kind words of wisdom from some on my co-players, I was coaxed into trying the fish market as well as finally start getting into the organic market which I largely ignored before. I've always made good money at this game and the fishing only multiplied that. I find that I am making a little money, a few million, through both markets, the flower farm and the bakery. Getting more money for goods by selling them with contracts than I was by just outright selling all the excess. I do have my boats out and the pools as I empty them are beginning to give me more choices, plus the 2 contracts are slowly beginning to give me some decent money. I have all trawlers, so they have a good capacity without coolers and they have a higher fishing capacity as well. So they are all out and I'm going to try to make it work. Believe me, no one was more upset than I was. I had been bringing in 120 million per day. But I wisely did not hoard my fish, selling them daily, so I was not one who lost a billion when this happened. I have over 4.5 billion to work with to improve the fish market. I never realized that you had to play the market in order for it to start giving you better contracts. It is the same with the pools. You have to empty them before more open up and eventually you will see the swords and salmon and lobster, which I have since this happened. So what I'm trying to say is, we need to turn to our friends for help with these bad feelings and figure out how to go on, because we don't want to lose this social base for ourselves. If BF makes some improvements that would be wonderful, but if they don't we will be stuck. Or we can leave and go out into the cold cruel world where there are no co-ops who help each other, only competition between players or just with yourself. If some people feel the need to band together and start a riot or a walkout, I wish them well in all of their future endeavors in different games. Some are our friends whom we will miss. I will stay for the sake of the friendships I have formed while here over the past 3 years. Understand that I was the number one player in fishing experience for this server until finally someone pulled ahead during the WWC. I'm at level 120. Rockfarm went crazy and got up to level 151! So hang tight, don't break down your boats or you farms. Let's see what tomorrow holds, and if it isn't exactly what we want, we know that other new things will be right around the corner to get our attention. We might even have fun again. God Bless.
  • Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    Is this negative opinion of the DSF the majority?

Anyway, maybe the Fish Market will improve,  ..............

Yeah, ... maybe

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    As angry, mad, frustrated, hurt, feelings of being deceived, lied to, ignored as a lot of us feel we all have to keep one thing in mind as much as we all feel that this is our game it truth it isn't it belongs to GGS and they are entitled to do with it as they wish. Do I feel what they did with the Deep Sea farm was right? No. Some more advanced notice and allowing those who had substantial fish inventories, like myself to sell those inventories before this diabolical started would probably minimized much of the back lash GGS is now getting. My concern is that GGS will just shut the whole game down with out notice, log off one day can't log in the next cause the game is gone. They have a history of doing just that. If they do something like that then we all lose. That being said, I me my self and I alone will not buy gold nor compete in CC or Deep Sea or extra farms or any of the other things that GGS offers just so they can increase their profit margins.

What others do is up to them, I was going to quit but by doing that GGS wins but instead I will plod along playing my three farms till I am bored then I will be done. I will leave on my terms not because GGS angers me with there stupid pig headed decisions to ruin a great game 
    You have a point BUT here's the thing.....people have spent real money on an in-game feature that turned out to be a scam, GGS are walking a fine line here. Someday they will cross the wrong person (if they haven't already) who might be willing to take this further.
    I am with you on most of what you say if they shut it down so be it we can all live and find other games to play, I don't suffer from battered wife syndrome anymore so I will not give them anymore of my money will not play CC ect either and will just farm as usual as team leader we are going to evaluate are we going to continue with the ball and chain coop village, I don't do business with people who have fraudulent business practices and that is what happened here.  People smarted than me have pointed out just how fake and phony they are being they need to realize that while they have a nice game other game companies have good games too it is a free market.
  • Vivienne (AU1)Vivienne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 24
    I am NOT HAPPY with this "Deep Sea Changes" at all, GGS. Cutting the prices, introducing the market. And now cutting the fishing holes for lobsters, swordfish, salmon or cod since market started, too? We haven't got the these fishes at all since the market started. If cutting them don't make them in the requests for market then. I tried to be calm, not upsetting with these changes, told myself give it a chance to see what it is. But I am done with it. Too many people upset with these. don't you see it as a feedback? Sad!!!
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Waoh I am doing great my all boats are ready to demolish 3 days straight no need to catch a fish what we got in pools tuna and what we got in contract swordfish hahahaha biigest blender ever 
    I have flushed so so many contracts and no contract comes with a good quality of $ yes but they are giving me rakes and pet the animals I need but u know y because in exchange of thoes items I have to full the contract using 20 swordfish and 250 tunas lol 
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    There are a number of online games out there where you can belong to an Alliance and make just as many friends as on Big Farm.  I have been playing two of them for over 5 years and belong to wonderful Alliances with really wonderful people who have become firm friends so there is other places to go to get the same experience.
Sign In to comment.