Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    3 days now and still no Salmon pools :(
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    no lobster pools for me :(
  • It's unwise to offend the public.

Not sure, if GGS could understand they've gotten a public anger?

Could they afford what's coming up?
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    3 days now and still no Salmon pools :(

EXACTLY!!!!
    I keep emptying the shrimp pools only to get another shrimp pool....:(((
    Right now i have 5 shrimp pool and one tuna herring pool...this deep sea fishing update is giving me a massive headache....I'm trying to be positive guys!....you already decrease the price of the fishes, increase the travel time so what's the use of fooling with the swordfish pools too when we can't even sell it......OOOPPPSSSS!!!  I KNOW THE ANSWER....BALANCE.
  • none (DE1)none (DE1) Posts: 440
    @ Frog Princess

Great idea!! German users will welcome you   ;)  :) as we are angry, disappointed, indignant and stunnend like thousands of other players  all over the world  >:)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Just wanted to let you know, most of my boats just came in. 5 new pools and not one has salmon.
  • Same here. Neither a Salmon/Cod/Swordfish pool nor a lobster one. I have only one pool of Oysters/Clam/Shrimp and the rest are of Tuna/Herrings. If you can't undo the update, at least give us the pools.
  • @ Frog Princess

Great idea!! German users will welcome you   ;)  :) as we are angry, disappointed, indignant and stunnend like thousands of other players  all over the world  >:)
    I can also take the time to enjoy your beautiful country.....so it is a win/win situation for me :)
  • Ises (SKN1)Ises (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 13
    edited 19.08.2017
    Denne nye Fiskehus som de nu har indført. "Jeg krummer tæer af arrigskab" Det fratager ihvertfald mig fuldstændig spilleglæden, og har mest lyst til at ligge dette spil på hylden og sige tak for denne gang. Ved ikke hvad der går af Bf. Det lader til at de er flintrende ligeglade med os, og gør nar af os, griner deres røv i laser fordi vi gider bruge så mange timer af vores liv på dette spil og mange bruger mange real penge til guld-køb. 

En frustreret Bigfarm-spiller :neutral:

Google Translation:
    This new fishing house they have now introduced. At any rate, I completely deprive me of the game play and would like to lie this game on the shelf and thank you for this time. Do not know what goes from Bf. It seems that they are indifferent to us and fooling us, laughing because we spend so many hours of our lives on this game and many spend a lot of real money for gold purchases.

A frustrated Bigfarm player

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    my friends  dont know  how to make  new thread for ggs recent decision about fishing , so i made it - hope MODs dont merge this with any thread

I am also against about the fishing experiment .
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    I'm holding off doing the fishing contracts for now. I don't want to sell off my current inventory at a loss, just to have GGS realize a month from now they nerfed fish prices too much and then raise them back up.
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    DECLARATION

We, THE FIRM, one of the biggest coop in the UK server, decided to use our only possibility of protest against unethical and immoral  Goodgame Studios policy.

FROM THIS VERY MOMENT WE DON'T BUY ANY GOLD.

This provision lasts until GGS rebalance their last steps or until GGS kill this game.
    In the meantime we will enjoy our company, we will have a fun and we will continue in pure farming.

I put here this declaration as a leader of this amazing group xx:))
    jana

I'm writing as leader of Great Escape - also in the top ten co-ops on server GB1.

We, too, will not be buying gold or competing during the next CC.   Our pleas for change seem to have amounted to nothing; we are told so often that our voices are 'heard', and yet they are also dismissed; so yes, this is the ONLY way we can show GGS just how unhappy we really are about the recent 're-balancing'.

We will continue to enjoy our friendships within our wonderful team, and in the wider game, and play our other farms without the fishing region until satisfactory changes are made.

'Penfold'
  • Rose1979 (US1)Rose1979 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    So not happy with the new Deep Sea Fishing!   I need Cod to fill an order and day 2 - still no cod!   So how is this supposed to work!   the Fish should at least be available to catch for the orders!   Your market pantry doesn't ask for items you don't have access too

• This upcoming CC will tell the tale....are we "gold buyers" or not!  I am not! I used to be, but not any more.  GGS thrives on us buying gold no matter what we use it for, i.e. CC, WWC, Events, DSF, etc....
    We will see who the gold buyers are (keep checking the rankings in the CC and in the CC top 50), because those folks will buy gold for the CC like they always have....and remember, GGS does not care, just as long as we buy it.  

What's left of my co-op will not be buying any more gold for anything until this mess is completely reversed. COMPLETELY reversed. Not tweaking it to allow us to sell for less. Not tweaking it to change the amount and types of fish available per day. NOT tweaking it to extend the amount of time it takes to fish. We want exactly what we were sold, NOTHING less. I don't even want my money back, I want what I purchased, exactly as I purchased it. This "balancing" excuse is a joke. We are not that stupid and are deeply insulted that you think you could dupe us into spending our real money only to be once again juked once it's spent.
  • This is the worst change I have ever seen in this game. I think I might quit now. I've been playing for 2 years and before being able to sell fish, it took forever to save enough for a building upgrade or farm expansion. Fishing allowed me to start building again. If they are taking away the ability to sell the fish, maybe it's time for me to move on and find some other game. It's just another play to get us to spend money on gold, because that's the only way to upgrade anything without saving dollars for weeks.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Dorian (CZ1)Dorian (CZ1) Posts: 32
    edited 18.08.2017
    Hello,
    One post from our forum was deleted. Czech and Slovak players and most of the clubs will also not take part in tomorrow's team competition and most of them stop buying gold. We will not participate or pay! 

I apologize for my English - translated over google
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • rich015 (NL1)rich015 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 50
    DECLARATION

We, THE FIRM, one of the biggest coop in the UK server, decided to use our only possibility of protest against unethical and immoral  Goodgame Studios policy.

FROM THIS VERY MOMENT WE DON'T BUY ANY GOLD.

This provision lasts until GGS rebalance their last steps or until GGS kill this game.
    In the meantime we will enjoy our company, we will have a fun and we will continue in pure farming.

I put here this declaration as a leader of this amazing group xx:))
    jana

Well done :) I hope that the rest of the coops on our server do the same. Our very tiny coop certainly wont be buying any gold, we will cope with what we can get for levelling up and when that runs out we shall have to do without. (If we meet in a mission in CC please take pity on me lol)  :)
    Hahahah
    Fun and Serious  dutch coop stops to buying gold to.   And yes i was bought a lot    Good job Bigfarm   i warned you  i saw it before with the game Seafight. And they lost more than 50% of the players included me. 
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    DAY 3, we are making progress.

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 18.08.2017
    I personally think GGS's official statement is a farce.

We are told that a market was always the intention for the Dockyard area and that were were never meant to get that much money.

However, GGS released the Dockyard and the ability to sell our fish at a VERY good price.
    GGS also released the FWHE at the same time that the Dockyard started.
    GGS also created a task to have a fleet of 4 level 6 Trawlers.

This enticed players to build the Dockyard as well as buy boats and upgrade them as high as possible and as quick as possible in order to participate in the event and to make cash from the sales. This also prompted players to tell other players about the Dockyard's potential encouraging them to finish any unfinished Oleg tasks and upgrade their dockyards and buy boats and upgrade them.

Then GGS pulls the plug saying we are making too much cash.

They immediately remove the sell button and implement a market for us to launder the money through with a few trinkets as rewards for most of the contracts and minimal cash and trinkets for others.

GGS did not notify players in a fair way of this drastic change except for a post on the message boards in the forum a very short time before the changes actually took place. Many players do not participate with the forum and many do not even realize it exists. Neither sufficient time nor proper notice was given for players to sell off their inventory. 

However, they did not stop there, this was NOT enough for them.
    They extended the time the boats are on the water. 
    They reduced the frequency of certain pools.
    They also reduced the number of the more needed fish within pools.

When looking at the contracts realistically, these contracts cause a loss in farm cash unless you delete contract after contract to at the very least get a somewhat decent paying contract and ones that do not contain trinket rewards such as brushes and rakes which will definitely cause a big loss.

Looking at the current aspects of the Dockyard I feel it is not worth the time nor the investment of any farm dollars and certainly not any gold to build, upgrade, or send boats out.  

Many players are stuck with extremely under-priced fish, a dockyard, a fleet of boats, and a bunch of equipment for the boats. Personally, had I known the current aspects, I certainly would not have even upgraded my boats to level 2 and I would have sold my fish and chum immediately as soon as boats came in.  

I find GGS's tactics to be very unprofessional and very upsetting.   GGS took all the money from the Dockyard, completely disregarding the players feelings and their losses, and took the weekend off and the numbers guy took a vacation (I guess he can afford it now), while many players sit here in complete disbelief that GGS would even do this to us.
  • Just wanted to let you know, most of my boats just came in. 5 new pools and not one has salmon.
    I have herring and tuna...catching fish storing my  mermaid is only level 6 maybe that's why
  • After much consideration I have decided to leave the game. I have 3 farms on 3 servers & will no longer play any of them for an undetermined amount of time.....quite possibly I may never return. To be perfectly blunt, the game is more stress for me now than enjoyment. The stressful part has been growing over the past 3 months or so only to be maxed out by this deep sea fishing fiasco. I am done. I usually hate drama & would normally just leave without a silly attention grabbing announcement but in this instance I think that GGS should know that they are losing players. I am not a huge golder & my farms are only mid range levels 150-200 which means that they probably will not care but keep in mind that my voice probably speaks for 10 other players with the same sentiments who do not utilize the forum. It all adds up......

So may the force of enjoyable & profitable cyber farming be with you & may the deep sea fish be rescued in the future from the man made muck & pollution that it is currently drowning in.......rock it!!!
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    edited 18.08.2017
    GGS Please the fishes are crying now,you got to do something about this. We sell the fishes to nice people but you changed that and crushing the fish with contracts.Fishes don't like it anymore.

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    wow desperate for the gold 

its been 150% but these are now running concurrently 

TOO BAD SO SAD GGS not even for a minute.....

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    First, let me say I abhor the changes made to the DS Region! I did expect some nerfing as many others have said, but not to the extent that resulted.

As for notice, one of those annoying popups at the initial login called the Racing Farmer gives us warning that changes were coming (but just a little hint), this was around August 6th as evidenced by the thread started about the coming Deep Sea Market - https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158777/deep-sea-market/p1

This is how GGS notifies us of changes to come and then about a day or two before it will take place all the update info is then posted on the forum. **Here I think that you, GGS, should send an in-game pm  out to all players with a link to the forum "Official Notification" as posted by the Mods or something explaining the changes in the update.** And it should be more than a day or two, so we can absorb what the change is and how it will impact our game!

Right now the DS fishing is no longer fun to me... the game is no longer fun... Hope that will change for me in time...

I did get up at 4am the morning of the update to harvest all my boats and sell my inventory for the last big bang revenue! I then sent out all my boats with the hope that since they were out would not be affected by the change in travel time and was lucky they were not.

Now, with the market (the only similarity to the organic market is how additional contracts and bonus values show up), fishing is for inventory now so eventually a contract can be filled. The new travel times and nerfed fish in a pool or the unavailability of pools will make filling contracts an arduous task for so little reward. And to top if off, GGS, you leave all the costs to go fishing at their original costs, you didn't cut back on those did you (where is the re-balancing with this?), where is the potential for real profit??  ***The "Numbers Guy" really needs to look at all this!***

As others have said and I totally agree, the taking away of selling fish directly is just WRONG!! All our other produce can be sold directly!! Why can we sell eggs, apples, pigs, etc. and Oleg's fish but not DS fish??? makes no sense at all!

It is very sad (putting it mildly) to see the way you, GGS, rolled out the DS Region and then the Fish Market... you should have known that a "re-balancing" was going to be needed and should have started the DS Region with a more "BALANCED" system so as not to have to "re-balance" it with the introduction of the Fish Market!!! This was a very poor decision and roll-out of the features and I can only say you knew it in advance and did not care!!!

I can certainly see and understand how so many are angry (putting it mildly)! You, GGS, brought this on yourself! You, GGS, apparently have no caring for your players, paying players or free players alike! :(

I am seeing friends I have made in this game leaving, who loved the game... people who have been in the game longer than I have! I wish them well and will miss them! 

Thank you GGS (management) for your non-support of your players!!

Thank you MODS, CMs, Pichu for trying to keep things calm and bringing our thoughts to GGS... I know it is no easy task and appreciate you for what you do! 

my 2 smelly fishes worth (I am keeping my 2 cents)!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Nice Job moderators, keep up the good work, whoever posts against GGS then his post is deleted.

Dont we players of big farm has rights to express our opinion?
    @Lucario (US1)  The Moderators of this forum are only doing their job here. They don't discriminate in favor of GGS, but some posts cross the line and have to be edited or deleted because they're against the forum guidelines.  ;)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • I agree no buying gold until they fix this
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Wow!
    I haven't seen such anger in a very long time.  (And not here either.)  Several times I've watched businesses who started out great, get bit with the greed and stupid bugs.  And their customers fled but not before throwing a fit.   All of which fell on deaf ears.    
    People that's what we have here.  Deaf ears, greed, poor business management (ie stupid.)  
    I've seen this before and can say, that despite all the effort to get them to see reason, it's probably not going to happen.

Now… I also noticed, my last post is missing.   Only know because I got a note someone quoted me but when I click the link I get "you don't have permission."   I know what page I said what and have a pretty good idea why it's gone.    Using the very name of one of the events here, which doubles nicely as a serious cuss phrase.    Hey GG, I know one thing, SOMEONE had to actually read it who has the ability to delete it.
    So what does this tell you?   Remove the post?
    How about rethink what you call your events?   
    How about…. gee this thread is loaded with angry players.  Some LONG TIME players up and leaving.  Maybe we did something wrong here?

Yea well…  again.  The stupid and greedy bug's bite is very powerful.  It overrides intelligence.

So…. will I quit?   Probably not.
    VERY disappointed in this whole fishing mess.  Really glad I waited as long as I did to even get into it.  
    With other things in the game being SO overpriced, what's the harm in having one thing that overpays?  It sure kept people happy.  What fool decided this needed to go away and without even giving anyone a chance to sell off their catch first?   
    But oh well.  SO be it.  Why make players happy with a game huh?   

So… This is simple.  I'll just go back to playing how this game started out. A simple farm.
    I'll send my boats out without anything.   They get what they get.  
    Ignoring temp farms.  WAY too expensive just for seeds and the only use those have is the ship…. horseshoes.
    Which brings up the whole horse thing.   
    Today, my level 70 horse, lost MULTIPLE TIMES to levels 30 and under.   It makes no sense. So… breeding will screech to a halt.   The ship will get it's 4 items off my farm, and just sit there.  No need for boring, repetitive, expensive temp farms anymore.  Prizes for the whole horse season have gone down hill.  Use to get gold, or blue mine certs… at least some new cool trophy.  I don't care about a new avitar.  Seems to be all it was worth.    So… not really worth it.

Coop challenges?  Only to help the lower level players, I do a few.  Don't care about winning any level awards.  Just stuff for new players.

This whole international event nonsense?  CAN'T WAIT TILL IT"S OVER!  GET THAT HUGE GRAPHIC OFF MY SCREEN.    DO you know the whole game just stalls waiting for that klunky thing that I never even look at to load?   And your servers have to serve that up to everyone.  Over and over every time someone logs in.
    How much bandwidth is that eating up sending it around the world?   Along with all the other pop up garbage as soon as we log in.    GEES!  I log in, go get my coffee, check email, come back after all that crapola loads just so I can click the red X through the stack.

Yup, just farm.   The way this game use to be.   Ignoring all the nonsense, just going to play my simple farm game.   

Until the company goes belly up that is.   Sure looks like that's the path they want.   
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

DAY 3, we are making progress.

WOWZA!!!!!!!   I only have 4, and only a few out of my three farms are up to level 6.  I'm REALLY glad I was slow to get into this.    I feel for you folks who wasted so much time and effort on this shipyard thing.   
Sign In to comment.