Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

•  
      in the same way that the Organic Market worked.

@WascallyWabbit -  I know you are only passing on what you have been told to tell us, so this is not aimed at you at all, but if the Fish Market worked  in the same way that the Organic Market does players would not feel so duped.  We are able to sell our extra produce if we don't need it for contracts in the OM, why is it changed for the FM?  This would have enabled players to still send their boats out. Okay, we all know the amounts paid out for the fish was too high, but GGS could have halved that/kept fishing times as they were/lowered the cost of equipping the fleet and people would have been fine with that. 

Why did GGS not wait until the 4th permanent farm was active before balancing the game. That is going to cost $$$ too, so we will be even more in the red.

My fleet has now been demolished - just wish I could demolish the dockyard now and recoup some of the cash I paid for upgrading that.

@bdreish (GB1) In that post, I was just referring to when the contracts start to increase in value, being the same as the Organic market. I totally agree that there are differences between them in other respects.

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Another thing....ive been working very long hours the last fortnite or so i'm a bit mentally fuzzy but is it my imagination that the performance of the trawlers has also been changed? My level 5 trawler info button is telling me it only catches 13 fish per hour if sent out without crew, wasn't it higher before the update??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] gizmo22 @ au 1
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    13 fish per hour was what it was at prior to the drastic change.

Level 5 = 170 capacity  13 fish per hour

Breakdown on the Lab
    126,321,371,000 (lab cost) ÷ 5,000,000 (Average daily earnings) = 25,264.27 days
    25,264.27 (days) ÷ 365 (days in a year) = 69.22 years to fully upgrade the Lab
    That's if you use the daily earnings to upgrade the Lab ONLY, no spending on other upgrades, islands, boosters, or anything else.
  • ritacba1 (AU1)ritacba1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    so i was trying to find where it says that we can not any longer sell the fish. all we can do is make chum and either use it in fishing for more or to sell at the market. is this the case? so we can not sell fish for standard farm dollars at any time?
    ritacba1 @ au 1
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Thanks Shay, just trying to get settled again since sneaky things were done in this update (removal of the 10 free fuku coins per event appearance for example).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] gizmo22 @ au 1
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

in the same way that the Organic Market worked.

@WascallyWabbit -  I know you are only passing on what you have been told to tell us, so this is not aimed at you at all, but if the Fish Market worked  in the same way that the Organic Market does players would not feel so duped.  We are able to sell our extra produce if we don't need it for contracts in the OM, why is it changed for the FM?  This would have enabled players to still send their boats out. Okay, we all know the amounts paid out for the fish was too high, but GGS could have halved that/kept fishing times as they were/lowered the cost of equipping the fleet and people would have been fine with that. 

Why did GGS not wait until the 4th permanent farm was active before balancing the game. That is going to cost $$$ too, so we will be even more in the red.

My fleet has now been demolished - just wish I could demolish the dockyard now and recoup some of the cash I paid for upgrading that.

@bdreish (GB1) In that post, I was just referring to when the contracts start to increase in value, being the same as the Organic market. I totally agree that there are differences between them in other respects.

@WascallyWabbit -  yes I totally understand that, I just used that line from your post to highlight that fact that maybe if the FM worked in the same way as the OM there might not have been as much fallout from players. I could possibly have found a more pertinent post from yourself or one of the other Mods but didn't have the time lol for which I apologise ;)
    bdreish @ en 1
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Thanks Shay, just trying to get settled again since sneaky things were done in this update (removal of the 10 free fuku coins per event appearance for example).
    @gizmo22 (AU1)

I am so sorry to break the news to you but according to the official announcements:

"The Master's "introduction task" will now be added in a future update, but, when the event comes to the game, all players will still have enough tokens to play one game for free. "
    "The first tokens will be given out as a reward for the introduction task."

"Extra event tokens can be purchased with gold or won as future event rewards & saved up."

Breakdown on the Lab
    126,321,371,000 (lab cost) ÷ 5,000,000 (Average daily earnings) = 25,264.27 days
    25,264.27 (days) ÷ 365 (days in a year) = 69.22 years to fully upgrade the Lab
    That's if you use the daily earnings to upgrade the Lab ONLY, no spending on other upgrades, islands, boosters, or anything else.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    thankyou very much
  • lowme1 (US1)lowme1 (US1) Posts: 33
    edited 18.08.2017
    I also was very upset with the changes to the deep sea fishing and the new fish market and agree with many of the comments.  I even thought briefly about abandoning my farm.  I sent GGS some not very kind 'tell us what you think' messages. 

But then I decided to think of it as an 'event' instead of a new game feature. I had a lot of fun building up the fleet, learning how to fish, and earning millions of farm dollars every day selling fish.  I did use a little gold to speed things along, but not very much.  With the generous fishing prices I was able to purchase the rest of the plots of land on my farms and some upgrades that I wouldn't normally have been able to do for a long time. I knew the great prices couldn't last and only kept 1000 of each fish in inventory.  (I should have made that 10!)

And now that the 'adjustments' have made deep sea fishing boring and unprofitable, I just pretend the 'event' is over and let the fleet sit and rust at the dock.  I had a great time, I have some wonderful new land, I have more farm dollars in the bank than I ever have before, and no one is forcing me to ever deep sea fish again or visit the fish market.  It was a great 'event' while it lasted; now it's over.  

The real challenge of this game is not managing the farm, it's avoiding anger at GGS manipulations and lies, and continuing to enjoy my farm in spite of them.

HarvestMoooon AU1
    Rocky Tree Farm cooperative
    HarvestMoooon, are you interested in buying in a few things I have for sale? I can let you have the statue of liberty for a great price !!! maybe I can interest you in purchasing the White house? oh don't be alarmed if after i cash your check the title to your purchase bounces like a rubber ball, just "pretend" it didn't happen !!!!! 
    @lowme1 (US1)
    Harvest Moooon is not trying to pretend that GGS didn't screw things up or that she won't miss the fun and extra income from the Dockyard.  She is simply trying to over-come this fiasco with a higher train of thought.  And she has every right to the way she chooses to react to this horrible situation.  But to call her out and poke at her is also not a solution here.  I admire her thoughts on the situation.  Some here are going to be a LOT angrier than others depending on what they invested into the dockyard, whether it be just farm dollars and time or gold and time, it will also depend on their losses, how high they built up their fleet, and whether or not they had a chance to sell off their inventory.  Please don't poke at her for sharing her thoughts on the subject.
    OIC you and Harvest can have an opinion but I must stay silent with mine??? Hmmm 
  • Raprap (SKN1)Raprap (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 3
    Hy there!
    I was expecting this, so not a surprise for me.
    This update comes to resolve what from the first place was an error in my opinion...the huge profit from the deep fishing area.
    Sorry guys, but everybody has the right to an opinion no?
    In one single day, you could earn 15 millions $ from the farms and 185 millions $ from the deep sea fishing,
    resulting in a 7.5% income from farms and 92.5% income from fishing
    In other words, in this situation, there was no reason any more for clicking in the farms and there was no reason any more for using decos etc etc...the game became a non sense and this update will resolve this aspect...it's a step for bringing back the normality.
    What is NOT ok, is the aspect regarding the insane prices for the laboratory, Lester's tree and so on...that is other mistake..and they covered a mistake with other mistake.
    In my opinion, from the first place, these buidings should have had a resonable cost, while the deep sea fishing should not contribute with more than 50% from the total daily $ income. That would be a good balance!

Clinn...remember all the money spend on things you put on the boats for every trip. ANd the price for updating them. Almost 100 mill. for 1 boat (without the update with architect/man in the red van)
    Raprap @ skn 1
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    crf (US1) said:
    Where are the the Swordfish Salmon and Cod?  We can't complete the daily challenge for the 50 Swordfish, Salmon. I have not had a fishing hole with those three fish in 3 days.  
    Market needs cod.  NO COD. No Cod no contracts. No daily events completed.  My gosh!! What am I going to do if I can't win my daily rake and brush?  :'(

I have 4 Tuna/Herring fishing holes and the rest are shellfish. How can we complete the quests or use Cod to fill the market place items if they are not available? 

Here's one for you. What happens when the fishing HWE comes up and there are no fishing holes available to do the fishing event?  
    Don't care now fhwe this game is going to be down either way they don't listen to their players what u except from such guys
Sign In to comment.