Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    edited 16.08.2017

GGS, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT YOU HAVE CREATED A MONSTER, ABSOLUTELY ALL COMMUNITIES ARE ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED ABOUT THIS STUPID UPDATE.

YOU WILL FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH IN THE COMPANY INCOME.

• Unhappy players...those who spend money on the game and those who do not
    I have enjoyed the game until now...you have to play a lot to get your farms to grow which I have done...too many hours...Zynga made the same mistake GGs has...no more Zynga...except for yoville a game
    saved by the Canadians...original game developers...still hoping they will rework some things...no time for the village, markets, horses...I think real life is calling...I think my money will be better spent elsewhere  

• How is it fair / honest of BF to change the dock so drastically???? I had ~ $642 Million in dock product that BF just wiped out with the new dock system!!!!!! I earned this $$$$ before the change and BF should credit this amount to my account!!! I earned this by honestly playing the game. seriously starting to think about leaving the game!!! i worked for weeks to earn this $$$$ for BF to just decide to whip it away!!!!!!!!! total crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I play the game in good faith but BF does not !!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree! I love playing BF, it's my relaxing thing that's just for me.  I spend a good amount of time playing, I occasionally buy gold and all around enjoy playing.  I have been not so thrilled before with changes made in the game but have never thought about quitting before.  Usually I have faith they will fix it.  I worked hard to upgrade my trawlers and start making money.  It seems like this was a quick change without much notice. I would have sold all my existing deep sea fish and maybe not feel quite as upset as I do now.  Without being able to sell the deep sea fish I will not be able to keep stocking 14 trawlers to go out fishing, the cost of supplies didn't go down at all.  I'm so beyond disappointed, angry and feel a little like crying and quitting.  All the money from my ds fish, I would have sold everything if I had actually had notice.  
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    some people from my coop already decided to left the game as many others already did.
  • Well, prices drop, fishing time increased, impossible to sell directly, orders are not too attractive. Definitely Deep Sea is not fun anymore. BF should close it.

They will not close it ... just like everything else that doesn't work..ie the organic market...village competition .....they will leave it there to eat up your memory and slow the game down for everyone, and then wonder why they can't fix anything.

You had it going good BF, people were happy growing their farms !  So much for the customer is always right !

• TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    This was a horrible update.  
    1. Content    loss of income and investment in the Deep Sea Area
    2.  Affordability    I can no longer afford to send out a crew on a ship and have balanced return on contracts
    3.  Contracts are horrible, they are full of items that are not desireable.  (rakes and brushes)  
    4.  This was excessive and an over correction rendering Deep Sea Fishing a total loss and dead zone.
    5.   Game play is laggy, freezes up and necessitating frequent re-booting.

Congratulations on a  Job Well Done. 
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    some people from my coop already decided to left the game as many others already did.

not surprised :( sadly GGS cant see its their fault ,,, intent on passing blame on 
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    Pichu said:
    Hey guys!

You will still earn money from the contracts in the market! It is not like that you will earn nothing anymore o

Cheers,
    Pichu

I am sorry, but the way you put it sounds not very enticing, because the tone of your statement sound like:  "Oh well here's a dime for your troubles.  I know you used to make a lot of money, but at least you get this cheap little dime!".  My question is, since we have to pay so much to gear up our boats just to bring in the fish...will we be reimbursed? or Will it be better to send out our boats with nothing on them, that way we don't have to pay for gear and then we have a chance to make a tiny bit of profit when we fling the fish to the market? 
    My mate and I have just priced  her contract for clams for an order after sending out a motor boat full loaded. By dividing the cost by number of fish caught then multiplying it by total required it will cost twice as much to catch the clams than the order will pay out.  How is this making a profit?  We are also both using same IP address - I'm on a computer and she is on her laptop using same internet hub. So we are screwed both ways

• There are some saying the could make 100mil a day from fishing? I could barely make that in a week. I play as a way to relax and unwind. It took 34mil for one plot of land....one. It takes sometimes 24hrs to upgrade and we only get 1 slot. How about fixing that? I don't understand why it takes so long to upgrade one thing. Also putting all the different farms together so you're only able to upgrade one thing at a time. I was starting to have some fun again being able to earn good amounts of farm cash for upgrades that are only getting more and more expensive. I don't use the organic farm because it just doesn't seem profitable enough for me. I have trashed so many before I just gave up on it. I also don't care about the coins as I don't play that game. It's useless and other than giving gold every now and then, it's not worth playing. I don't know. if it wasn't for the nice people in my co-op I'd have forgotten your game a long time ago. I will also not spend another dollar on your game. 
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    There are some saying the could make 100mil a day from fishing? I could barely make that in a week. I play as a way to relax and unwind. It took 34mil for one plot of land....one. It takes sometimes 24hrs to upgrade and we only get 1 slot. How about fixing that? I don't understand why it takes so long to upgrade one thing. Also putting all the different farms together so you're only able to upgrade one thing at a time. I was starting to have some fun again being able to earn good amounts of farm cash for upgrades that are only getting more and more expensive. I don't use the organic farm because it just doesn't seem profitable enough for me. I have trashed so many before I just gave up on it. I also don't care about the coins as I don't play that game. It's useless and other than giving gold every now and then, it's not worth playing. I don't know. if it wasn't for the nice people in my co-op I'd have forgotten your game a long time ago. I will also not spend another dollar on your game. 
    That 100 mill everyday was for the players with full developed dockyard and 10 or 12 trawlers at least level 4 or 5. 

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Been fun while it lasted but it's officially over for me. Having fun destroying my lvl 236 farms..already got rid of all decos, dogs, fields, storage barns, 25 apples, labs, mills, silo and almost half my 45 ducks. Only 1 more trawler to go out of a fleet of 14 lvl 6 trawlers..did the math & it will take me another 30 days to destruct everything remaining and I already got 9 Billion farm dollars and not done yet. Somebody is going to get free money but will be tough to find some mid-level co-ops that are still moving forward I think..just may have to let it rot with the empty farms out in no man's land.. adios GGS & YES, I get the last laugh...YEEHAW!!!!

I had to go look too!  I am actually speechless! 
  • Sanic (AU1)Sanic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 53

Ok ...not allowed to talk about the changes - must stick to the topic at hand it seems.  Ok.  let's see.  Fishing...why don't we all tell each other good fishing stories?

Caught any good fish lately Johanne ?   Whooops...can I even ask that ? 

I saw that they had a brand new rake at the Fish Market ....just what every fisherman needs when out fishing...can catch lots of Swordies with that :) 

• Da Momma (US1)Da Momma (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    Big disappointment... huge in fact. :(:(
    I like the organic market, but I get higher prices for apples in contracts and I do this because I choose. I can always sell them directly, for less money. Why didn't you just lower a little the price of the deep sea fish instead? Not saying it would be more correct, but less upsetting.
    ”[...] the direct selling of deep sea fishing products would cause harm to this balance in the long run [...]”
    False!! On the contrary, it brought a balance regarding the costs of the farm. laboratory, the temp. farms, the village etc.

I totally agree with this.  Those of us who can't afford to spend real dollars or those who have smaller farms are greatly affected by this change.  It wasn't encouraging us to spend gold, so it wasn't profitable for THEM!  Very upset with this change.  They keep sending out that stupid survey, but I DOUBT they really listen to the feedback we give.  It's hard enough to do upgrades when you can't afford to spend real dollars on gold.  Also, don't think that Happy Hour is any benefit.  It's a joke.  Some of us have to work for a living to support our families and barely get by on what we make!  We come home from work and want something to relax with, which is why some of us play.  I've been on several times during the "Happy Hour" and it says I wasn't on.  Either there's a problem with it or they only benefit those who can get on 24/7 and don't have to punch a time clock!
    Been fun while it lasted but it's officially over for me. Having fun destroying my lvl 236 farms..already got rid of all decos, dogs, fields, storage barns, 25 apples, labs, mills, silo and almost half my 45 ducks. Only 1 more trawler to go out of a fleet of 14 lvl 6 trawlers..did the math & it will take me another 30 days to desthttps://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3605539#Comment_3605539ruct everything remaining and I already got 9 Billion farm dollars and not done yet. Somebody is going to get free money but will be tough to find some mid-level co-ops that are still moving forward I think..just may have to let it rot with the empty farms out in no man's land.. adios GGS & YES, I get the last laugh...YEEHAW!!!!

OMG !!!  GGS since my name is on your watchlist read the above !!!!  This is your doing .....
  • Sing it with me, people:

When trying to upgrade your farm, it's frankly quite absurd,

To have to build up endless cash to glorify your herd,

A broken-promise update makes cash-strapped farmers mean,

Devs need to find a way to make the gaming balance clean

Supersuckydeepseafishingupdateisatrocious

Even though the early cash was something quite precocious,

If you'd thought it through enough we'd not all be ferocious,

Supersuckydeepseafishingupdateisatrocious!

(Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
    Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye)

• Been fun while it lasted but it's officially over for me. Having fun destroying my lvl 236 farms..already got rid of all decos, dogs, fields, storage barns, 25 apples, labs, mills, silo and almost half my 45 ducks. Only 1 more trawler to go out of a fleet of 14 lvl 6 trawlers..did the math & it will take me another 30 days to destruct everything remaining and I already got 9 Billion farm dollars and not done yet. Somebody is going to get free money but will be tough to find some mid-level co-ops that are still moving forward I think..just may have to let it rot with the empty farms out in no man's land.. adios GGS & YES, I get the last laugh...YEEHAW!!!!

What a sad day on the farm!!!! shame on BF !!!!!!!!!!
  • Sanic (AU1)Sanic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 53

yes...  I saw Gizmo had a post removed.   What happened to free speech or is it simply one self important moderator who doesn't want us to be able to share our disappointment?

Anyway ..we move on and wait for the next big snafu.  There is plenty to do in the meantime.

Ok ...not allowed to talk about the changes - must stick to the topic at hand it seems.  Ok.  let's see.  Fishing...why don't we all tell each other good fishing stories?

Caught any good fish lately Johanne ?   Whooops...can I even ask that ? 

I saw that they had a brand new rake at the Fish Market ....just what every fisherman needs when out fishing...can catch lots of Swordies with that :) 

Sorry Sanic ... cant catch fish behind bars ;) even if i could you get a shyty price for them now :(
  • MARVIC (US1)MARVIC (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Not happy with this situation. Been playing for four years. Not a happy camper !!!
  • Can't seem to get myself to do anything but stare at my farm, can't bring myself to click anything. Thanks BF twas fun but now.............................................. 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The contracts are not balanced at all.  The other items such as karma points take away more than 2/3 of all the value of the fish.  This makes the deep sea fishing feature only as a way to "buy" reward items by spending dollars for equipment and getting less of it back.   In other farming games with orders, the money is increased by 25-50% of sell value and extra rewards are added on top of the money without affecting it.  This affects the regular contracts but much more of the deep sea fishing contracts.  This needs to be changed otherwise I will use it only for the fishing hard worker event and avoid any contract that has other rewards that take away dollar value.  
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    The worst part there is nothing we can do about this disastrous update that has been rammed down our throats...
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283

yes...  I saw Gizmo had a post removed.   What happened to free speech or is it simply one self important moderator who doesn't want us to be able to share our disappointment?

Anyway ..we move on and wait for the next big snafu.  There is plenty to do in the meantime.

Freedom of speech is only allowed when it fits into the street of GGS. 

1 Very important thing. GGS is a German company and the big bosses of  german company don,t accept,like to her or like to red any critical news about them or their company. Then they ill say to the C O M remove that msg and give that players a warning. But to stick to this discussion.Ohhh my god why did GGS did not rebalance the fishfarm earlier. No i can spend money with filling the contracts and loosing money. But as long as your hapiness on your farms is high it is no problem. And BTW i Realy Realy love that Coop-village with all his nice things to do. The best thing ever invented in the bigfarm game. More in the same category as that fmous advertising movies we had. ..-Please read this with the needed black humor
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    Been fun while it lasted but it's officially over for me. Having fun destroying my lvl 236 farms..already got rid of all decos, dogs, fields, storage barns, 25 apples, labs, mills, silo and almost half my 45 ducks. Only 1 more trawler to go out of a fleet of 14 lvl 6 trawlers..did the math & it will take me another 30 days to destruct everything remaining and I already got 9 Billion farm dollars and not done yet. Somebody is going to get free money but will be tough to find some mid-level co-ops that are still moving forward I think..just may have to let it rot with the empty farms out in no man's land.. adios GGS & YES, I get the last laugh...YEEHAW!!!!

What a sad day on the farm!!!! shame on BF !!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for all the nice PM's folks. Wouldn't be surprised if GGS removed my post for fear it could spread..LOL..
    Image result for images of cake and file  jail escape

anyone got a spare one of these ?
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    For the first time in two years I have not felt like playing this game. You took the joy from playing with these latest changes. This may be the beginning of the end for me. I had plans to attempt the temp farm for the first time. Now I am dismantling the farm since I feel I need to hang onto what money I have. I no longer am interested in the Deep Sea Fishing as what I attempted to net today was offering rakes and brushes which I have no monetary gain to earn. Not interested in Deep Sea Fishing if this is what you are bringing to the table. It was fun being able to upgrade, expand and finally take on a temp farm. I will play the three farms, but will no longer play the Deep Sea, Horse, Village, or temp farms. I might dabble a bit in the horses, but very low key and not in the meadow. Did a horse from start to finish once and took forever and that was WITH the Deep Sea Money. I play ot relieve stress not to add stress. Thanks, this game is no longer fun. 
  • At this time of night my coop is usually all green lights, tonight nothing but white and yellow, coincidence? GREAT job BF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• With the advent of deep sea fishing you could finally enjoy playing without being online constantly. I was finally having fun and had decided to NOT quit like I had been planning. Not any more.

And it is so dumb on the part of Big Game. I know they were finally making some money off me when they added the Deep Sea fishing- I'd spend gold to make the fishing go faster, and gold to make the upgrades go faster... Now it will take me weeks/months to do the same upgrades I was able to do daily/weekly.

Might as well quit now, it's not any fun when I have to stress and save up on a computer game. If I wanted the stress of a real farm, I'd have one.
  • I feel like this change is finally the one thing that's gotten more people (than ever before) to speak up.  I mean, the comments and complaints on this grew faster than a wildfire.  Better be careful, GGS, if you don't change it you'll get burned . . .
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 17.08.2017
    The deep sea fishing and coop village is just features added on top.  You should not quit the game, the flower shop still makes good money.  Just play without using these features until they are fixed.  Some contracts do not give profit but some will make a few hundred thousand of profit even though much less than directly selling before the update.  
Sign In to comment.