Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    That is what I am doing, sending out unequipped boats....who cares how long it takes or how many I end up getting on those boats?  I certainly don't.  I have tons of equipment on hand, but I am not going to waste it on the day to day stuff....will maybe use when a more lucrative contract comes along....meantime it does not hurt anything to have all that equipment in store.

And you are right, Damaria3, about the commas. I had not noticed....what a trick to get us all excited...I will be on the watch out for that trick.  Thanks for pointing that fact out! 
    That's what I'm doing as well.  No cost.  Slow, but who cares?  I was enthusiastic about the Dockyard and was beginning to get the hang of equipment, upgrading, etc.  Now it's just going to be background noise for me.   Sad, really, because I was starting to really enjoy the game again.
  • Well, the error code FINALLY went away........I clicked on the FABULOUS new fish market, and my first contract was ONE "rake the fields" and ONE "brush the freakin' animals".......for 400 clams................ONE of each of TWO items........for FOUR HUNDRED CLAMS!!!!???  Seriously?!  So for all of you out there who still can't get into the fish market...........YOU AIN'T MISSIN' NOTHIN'!!!!  NOTHING!  Not ONE thing, except maybe A rake or somethin'..........I'm gonna cook with what fish I have left from deepsea, and the boats can sit.........Wow, GGS, my most favorite part of the game, COMPLETELY ruined and for what reason?........Do y'all really like to stir things up that much?  Do you really WANT people to leave this game?   EGADS!!!!     :|
  • sam47 (GB1)sam47 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 7
    ok so it seems we are now living in a bigfarm NAZI state where we can no longer decide if we direct sell our fish or trade them for stuff we may or may not want. also there was very little notice of when the change was going to happen. some people who play this game have to work and when we come home we find we have loads of fish and chum that we can no longer sell. i can only describe it one way ABSOLUTE RUBBISH
    HOPE YOU PUT THIS COMMENT IN THE FORUM AND NOT JUST SWEEP IT UNDER THE CARPET
    @artful (US1) Someone from another forum said that clearing his browser history did the trick, but we cannot confirm if that was just a coincidence or not & you may want your history. Devs assure us it will open eventually if you just wait. I hope there are enough rakes left for you to get one.  :/
    I have cleared out everything.  I have waited over an hour.  Do they mean leave the screen up and wait? Watch the paint dry?  I'm not the only one, unfortunately.  
    It seems, for some it takes a few minutes, for others a few hours ....  irregardless of the server.  For me, it took over 2 hours for this error box to go away & to see a contract.  Clearing the browser history, cache, flash & changing browsers did nothing to help speed it up :-(    Maybe just go do something else & come back in a few hours.  I hope it eventually shows up for you & you get a good contract when it does
    Thanks, Heidi.  I finally got it.  Contracts were okay except I can't fill them because I sold off everything!  LOL!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • With great anticipation(not)I awaited the new fish market. My frustration at not being able to use it, after numerous cleaning, logging off, logging back in, is at the breaking point.
    Finally got it.  
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    Like everyone else I am disappointed in the nuclear nerf that was applied to DSF.  I'm looking at my first contracts in the new market.  Hoping some of my fellow numbers geeks would help double check my calcs and prices or see if I forgot a cost.

I got a contract for 413 Lobsters paying  $1,135,019 plus 1 rake and 4 brushes. (yes - I double checked the commas in the cash amount)

A Level 5 Trawler equipped for maximum number of fish caught brings in 281 total lobster:
    - 7 Large Freezer @ $31.2K each = $218.4K
    - 3 Roys @ $15K each = $45K
    -1 Victor @ $26K  = $26K

$218.4K + $45K + $26K  = $289.4K

$289.4K / 281 lobster = $1,030/lobster (rounded)    

==>> 413 * $1,030 = $425,390 cost to acquire lobsters to fill contract

This appears to be a "good" contract yielding a profit approximately $710K plus the sparkles.

Nothing close to the cash we were making before, but not a negative cash flow endeavor.
    So, what did I miss?
    what is your time to bring the ship in?
    For my evaluation, I am not considering the time to acquire the fish.  Of course, it would depend on which pool had lobster in it.  Knowing the time required only affected the profitability per hour, not not overall profit or loss.  I am strictly looking to evaluate the cash side of fulfilling the contract based on the cash cost of catching the fish.  This contract appears favorable to me, but knowing GGS, I wanted second eyes to verify I didn't miss something.

As a second example, my other contract is for 431 Shrimp and 431 Oyster (832 total 'fish') and only pays $210,523 plus 1 rake and 2 brushes.  Using the level 5 Trawler to catch the 832 fish and fulfill this second contract would cost approx $856K; close to $650K cash loss.
  • Finally got it.  

Maybe I will get lucky soon.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    2 years ago although my coop was not has big almost every light was green Now we cannot get new members and only 7 out of 34 are logged in with the login bonus.  This is a result of GGS bad decisions regarding the game and their greed. Now with fishing changing things can only get worse. 
    Finally got it.  

Maybe I will get lucky soon.
    Try clearing out your browser cache again.  I had to do it twice.
  • MrsBL (US1)MrsBL (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    Cleared everything, still getting this as well - and we KNEW that we would. I hate this new feature!

• Worst update ever!
    Really bad call from the moderators.
    I'm not happy with these changes but no one cares, right?!
  • I've cleared cache, browser history, you name it, several times now and still the error code pops up. Maybe I will forget it for awhile, log off and take a nap.
  • Very Disappointed with this new upgrade

unhappy .......

i think Good Games should re-Think this move 

Fishing use to be fun no more cost more to fish than what those contracts paying 
  • I am extremely unhappy with this decision, if I knew you were doing this, I would have sold all of my fish in deep sea fishing.  I was finally able to upgrade things and then you just take it away. I have been thinking about quitting this game but I still found it enjoyable and could upgrade and get things the way I wanted, then you turn around and make sure we no longer can have the money to do it.  Nothing else allowed you to make the profit like deep sea fishing.

I think you should give the players the choice of selling off what they have now. I don't usually get on the forums, I don't care about it but on this one, I just have to say this really turned me off the game.  Why don't  you give everyone a chance to sell out if they wish it, give them this weekend or something and then you can do your organic farm with it.

I'm so disappointed right now

Worst update ever!
    Really bad call from the moderators.
    I'm not happy with these changes but no one cares, right?!
    The moderators have absolutely nothing to do with this.  Nothing.  They moderate this forum, and they do a fantastic job, too.  They aren't even paid staff.
  • Pichu said:
    Keldeo (INT1) schrieb:
    Pichu said:
    Hey guys!

You will still earn money from the contracts in the market! It is not like that you will earn nothing anymore :o

Cheers,
    Pichu
    Hey Pichu.

The prizes are going to be money, token, event coins & mystery box(s) according to the announcement right? so the odds to get money as a prize is 1/4 which is low  :/

P.S: I'm too a pokemon (Keldeo)  :D
    I just asked almost every contract will cash as a reward and additionally some other stuff :) (there are maybe 1-2 or 3 of them which dont have cash!)

Cheers!
    Pichu 
    i have had 4 contracts without any money whatsoever. Only stuff that i do NOT use in the game, so deep sea fishing wil be a waste of time and money for me.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    @artful (US1) Someone from another forum said that clearing his browser history did the trick, but we cannot confirm if that was just a coincidence or not & you may want your history. Devs assure us it will open eventually if you just wait. I hope there are enough rakes left for you to get one.  :/
    I have cleared out everything.  I have waited over an hour.  Do they mean leave the screen up and wait? Watch the paint dry?  I'm not the only one, unfortunately.  
    It seems, for some it takes a few minutes, for others a few hours ....  irregardless of the server.  For me, it took over 2 hours for this error box to go away & to see a contract.  Clearing the browser history, cache, flash & changing browsers did nothing to help speed it up :-(    Maybe just go do something else & come back in a few hours.  I hope it eventually shows up for you & you get a good contract when it does
    Thank you for the information.
  • cookiebeep01 (INT1)cookiebeep01 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 39
    edited 16.08.2017
    not nearly as concerned with the dockyard as I am with the Village factories. It's taken FOREVER to upgrade them to where we could fill Yarnacle's boat 2x a day. Now the Level 6 nail yield is 11 (ELEVEN!!!!!!!!). That's less than we started with originally. This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

ok just read Mod post. My brain's not able to keep up with all of this. Qty is adding correctly. My apologies.

• PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) US1 Posts: 128
    Error code here, no matter how much I retry.................................ugh 
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 16.08.2017
    Looks like you need to reach a certain level to access this, possibly. I still don't know what happened to Matilda's famous mushroom stew. Never saw it - I guess it must not be so famous any more. I'm still waiting for shipping to Mermaid Bay.

Post edited by noisy (US1) on

• Hey Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here :)

Worse change ever.  Please bring back that opportunity to sell our fish and chum as produce, will never fish again like this
  • rich015 (NL1)rich015 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 50
    somethimes i aks myself  why we get the questions for a better game but.
    They dont listen to the players here.

• ken2cool (US1)ken2cool (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    You? GGS? Are looking out for us? The "Balance" of the game" You? The same folks that SELL top positions in events to those who can AFFORD them? Yep... Come play our game people. We'll let you bust your butt for 27 days and then just SELL the top spots right out from under you... It's for your own good of course.

OMG. You like Deep Sea Fishing? You actually make some $$$ out of it? OK. You know it's only cause we care about you that, yep, gonna have to take that away too. You've been bad. Until you start spending more were gonna have to punish you. Bad Bad players. Spend Spend, good player :-)

But we love you all
  • APK (IN1)APK (IN1) Posts: 49
    You know, it probably does no good to gripe....I think GGS punishes the biggest gripers with the worst fish market orders.  Probably APK (INT l) never griped about the update, so got rewarded with nice contracts. Check out his orders:

you do realize that it is3 million not 30 and 1 mill not 11 i hope and no i am not impressed 
    Yeah...Damaria3(US1)....I know, it's 3 million, not 30 :)

But still I will get a profit of around 2.6 million by completing these two contracts and this profit is a lot to me :blush:
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Keep refreshing and clearing cache - it will start working eventually - but as had been noted, you won't like it.
  • MrsBL (US1)MrsBL (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    somethimes i aks myself  why we get the questions for a better game but.
    They dont listen to the players here.

It's like the government! LOL
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Well thank you GGS because of your @#$#%#!&^%$@&@^&#$ update to what was great addition to the game has now ruined it and is going to cost me two members of my co-op which really hurts since there are only nine members total. They are no longer going to play the game because of this, it hurts doubly since they are my daughter and her fiance.... good going GGS. You did something to make the game more rewarding and then turn around and take away a good thing and replace it with crap and expect us to be happy about it...well I AM NOT I AM P*&^%$ AS HE DOUBLE TOOTH PICKS. I am seriously thinking of quitting the game as well. I know this means nothing to you but had to say something...
Sign In to comment.