Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    Disappointed with these kinds of contracts  :(
    Will we get token for fishes worth crores of dollars  :|
    Hope u atleast increase price of fish in Fish market contract or bring better rewards in Fish market rather than those 5 karma points for 3 million dollars

lol I am disappointed with update ! forget about contracts. But you keep doing contracts and whatever crap you get from them rakes and all gift on my farm :blush:
  • e c burger (INT1)e c burger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 69
    Deepsea fishing is a most boring task...takes a long time loading these boats..... but it gave good profits in dollars.....  Now we cant sell fish.... hmmmmm......  Chum we use for bait..........   Now the market wants us to sell the bait........   What are we going to use for bait to fish i ask............????    Where is this balance..??????????  To make bait it takes 10 to 15 hours......    Why oh Why do you want us to sell the bait..???

Maybe it would be best to sell the boats, ignore the market and close the game....     
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    I came over here to report a bug, and had my soul crushed instead.

Not being able to sell the deep-sea fish anymore is really tragic. I was using that to finance playing the Viking Farm - I was looking forward to being able to finish one of the temp farms finally, and now I probably won't be able to still.

Without being able to sell off the fish, there's almost no point in playing the deep-sea fishing. It's too expensive to outfit and upgrade the boats. Likewise, our co-op is not getting any benefit from the Village. We aren't able to do any upgrades until we all get more decos with Village Happiness, so all we are doing in the Village is making nails and resin, and fulfilling the boat, which is getting to be more work than it's worth, in my opinion.

So, about the bug, this morning I noticed that instead of being able to make 112 nails, I can now only make 90. One batch is now 45 nails instead of 56. I checked the Resin, it's the same as yesterday.

• i can no llonger upgrade my mermaid bar
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    After the update the happy hour booster for 40% faster producing , I also got only 40% of the usual output of 118 pcs. So no gain at all.....

• Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    guys  just a heads up after the update the amount of items you make in your village factories has dropped.
    our level 20 factories have has a substantial drop in production

not just mine but other players in our co-op have also seen a drop

was this intentional as i didnt see any news on this adjustment in the update info?

Thought it was just me but then again this is GGS they never get anything right when they are doing updates xxx
  • it appears that GGS creates functionality with zero functionality.   "balancing" this way does not instill confidence for any player to BUY gold.   Quick to dismiss criticism, yet still inept at testing.  Im sure this comment will be removed like the last two completely true posts.   The luster and interest is diminishing faster than the price of  laserdisc media with the pains of 80's epilady springs gone wild.
  • After the update the happy hour booster for 40% faster producing , I also got only 40% of the usual output of 118 pcs. So no gain at all.....

ah ok i get it the booster doesnt actually work  all they did was reduce the number of items you can make to show a reduction in time taken or something like that so not really any gain as you rightly say
  • No in the picture, above, the commas are wrong! There is no number, 11,57,075 - Can't GGS count? that is 1,157,075 - A HUGE difference. Thank goodness you don't do my accounting, lol.  So that is not 41 million, it is 4 million. A significant pay cut - from a game! This is too "real world",  "just to get by" for me. A big waste of time and money. I feel sorry for the moderators, you are in the line of fire. However, no matter how good the job is, if an employer is as dishonest as GGS has been with this, perhaps you can find a better job. Hope you can. This probably is not going to get better. It was very manipulative. People spent time and money trying to learn how to do the deep sea fishing and WE ENJOYED IT! Of course the money was nice. This is a very expensive game - but now, I feel my life calling and I must go live away from the computer. What a waste of time and money this has been. I am so glad I only spent a year here. It was fun while it lasted - it is over now. 
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    OK.  
    Finally working.  I like the sparkles and Karma Points bonus.  Let's see some tokens and coins.  :)
  • After the update the happy hour booster for 40% faster producing , I also got only 40% of the usual output of 118 pcs. So no gain at all.....

ah ok i get it the booster doesnt actually work  all they did was reduce the number of items you can make to show a reduction in time taken or something like that so not really any gain as you rightly say

That is what it shows but check out the number you actually get when harvesting, believe this will be the right amount.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Disappointed with these kinds of contracts  :(
    Will we get token for fishes worth crores of dollars  :|
    Hope u atleast increase price of fish in Fish market contract or bring better rewards in Fish market rather than those 5 karma points for 3 million dollars

lol I am disappointed with update ! forget about contracts. But you keep doing contracts and whatever crap you get from them rakes and all gift on my farm :blush:
    Sure  :)
    But not am i going to get more than few karma points per day lol as i am just declining contracts nonstop lol till i find a good one

• Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    Like everyone else I am disappointed in the nuclear nerf that was applied to DSF.  I'm looking at my first contracts in the new market.  Hoping some of my fellow numbers geeks would help double check my calcs and prices or see if I forgot a cost.

I got a contract for 413 Lobsters paying  $1,135,019 plus 1 rake and 4 brushes. (yes - I double checked the commas in the cash amount)

A Level 5 Trawler equipped for maximum number of fish caught brings in 281 total lobster:
    - 7 Large Freezer @ $31.2K each = $218.4K
    - 3 Roys @ $15K each = $45K
    -1 Victor @ $26K  = $26K

$218.4K + $45K + $26K  = $289.4K

$289.4K / 281 lobster = $1,030/lobster (rounded)    

==>> 413 * $1,030 = $425,390 cost to acquire lobsters to fill contract

This appears to be a "good" contract yielding a profit approximately $710K plus the sparkles.

Nothing close to the cash we were making before, but not a negative cash flow endeavor.
    So, what did I miss?
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    What happened to Matilda's Mushroom stew event?
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Finally got the Market to open.  Just keep on clearing cache, reloading game and it will finally work.  Can't do anything about the crappy contracts, though.  Hope Santa likes fish - I may have a lot to give to him.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Actually GGS lost my gold spend on the whole happy hour thing.  Being penalised for going to work to earn money to buy gold is a bit bizarre to me.  This whole fishing and village thing just adds to a ever longer list of reasons to hold onto your money.
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    edited 16.08.2017
    After the update the happy hour booster for 40% faster producing , I also got only 40% of the usual output of 118 pcs. So no gain at all.....

I had the same thing on our Village. I think I figured it out though.

I think the 40% reduction got applied to the amount produced instead of the time it takes to produce it. The time is the same on my screen as before, but I am getting a 20% reduction in product.

Attention Mods!
    @Data King (US1)  @WascallyWabbit
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    Still nothing but I've already put in a support ticket.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Seriously?????????????????????
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 16.08.2017
    definitely no profit for you @artful (US1)   :'(

Keep refreshing your browser... they will  come
  • The same thing happened with me @artful (US1) 

You need to refresh the page to get the contracts. But trust me, you won't like them one bit.
  • This update is the worst ever.  On my fish market they want to give me a rake and a brush for 300 oysters! I am fishing for fish I can no longer sell or use as chum as it takes too long to make, so why bother fishing.  What a farce GG  >:)
  • Heidi (INT1)Heidi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 479
    Pichu said:
    The error code is fixing itself after a couple of minutes :/
    Uh...... No, it is not fixing itself after a couple of minutes, at least not for everyone.  I have been trying for 1-1/2 hours.  I have tried 3 different browsers and directly via flash, several times each.  I have tried just refreshing and also clearing cache and flash before logging back in.  Still nothing.  Some players in my co-op can get contracts, others experience the same difficulty as me.  
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    If you get the error message for the new market, keep clearing cache and reloading game.  Eventually it will start working.

Happy Hour bonus glitched:  20% off time, but also quantity.

NOT a good day on the farm...
  • Hi Guys,

Those of you still waiting with the error pop-up,  hang in there, it will work eventually, but will be slower on some servers. 

The amounts shown incorrectly in the Mineral factory are just a display error with the booster, you will harvest the correct amount & get the reduced time when your booster is active.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3604153/#Comment_3604153
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    deleting the first contracts only to wait to see what came next - oo same contracts - deleted again - could this mean we in order to advance we actually have to do these ones or else they just reappear over and over? waiting to see..

Also the travel time increase is @_@ (had to get my glasses to be sure what i was seeing) ***faint*** and now oyster clam and shrimp are in FAR FAR pools 
  • Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    This funniest thing are the new bugs they introduced. Sloppy coding, my friends!
    When I empty my returned vessels now, the fish and crustaceans jump unto the vessel on their right hand side. Too funny.

JVD (US1) said:
    definitely no profit for you @artful (US1)   :'(

Keep refreshing your browser... they will  come
    It's really bad when you don't want something and then it won't show up!

• oh my god what a remarkable offer!!!
    I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!
    The same thing happened with me @artful (US1) 

You need to refresh the page to get the contracts. But trust me, you won't like them one bit.
    LOL!
Sign In to comment.