Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    While I feel this deep fishing change saddening I kinda was expecting something like that sooner or later. I cannot judge the market as I haven't seen it yet, but I hope however it does provide some considerable cash and worthy goodies (what about once in a while some wwc coins or gold? I'm not much of a fan of tokens...) to compensate. I did like the considerable amounts of cash the fishing region was bringing in, and I became more interested in the hundred level buildings (lab specially) which I might have to forget once more.

On the other hand, I like the new duck coop appearance quite a lot. So kudos on that one.

Would you like to start a farm on the GB server? Click here: multiple daily rewards await you!
    A great farming guide maintained by a player: https://crazybigfarm.net/
  • Robert81 (US1)Robert81 (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I agree on all the problems with this new fish market deal. I dont know what to think with the cost to equip the boat's and the times taken to get fish just feel this is a bad deal all the way around. I can't play the game at the cost of a house payment. I work my farm hard and play daily just to try and keep up with the big golders. This being said I hope ggs can adjust this to accommodate ALL THE LOYAL FARMERS. 
  • this is the worst decision ever, the fish help me with getting my upgrades etc needed for the game and my farms to run efficiently, if it aint broke don't fix it, leave it how it is, do u want people to leave the game due to this idiotic idea. Sort it out
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,522
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

The terms and conditions state that a person is allowed one farm per server only.
    It is not related to which PC or laptop you use, although of course your IP address comes into play.  

Therefore, if your nephew plays his own farm on your computer at your home, it will appear as if you (Gavin) have 2 farms, and if they are both on the US1 server, this will be in violation of the terms and agreements and may definitely lead to problems.  

If, however, his farm is on another server (say INT1 or GB1) there will be no problem should he play the farm on one of your computers, since your farm is on US1.
    So ... I am real curious about this ... it seems unheard of in Europe, and rare in the US.. but here in Canada, any city/municipality of 10k or more, provides free wi-fi.... muni-servers ... for residents, guests, etc...  are you actually saying that only 1 person is expected, or allowed, to sign on in say Toronto (a city of around 5 million, with all areas included) simply because they all have the same internet??  That's gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a business standpoint... and if you just count actual PCs??  There goes ALL the public access .. again, municipalities provide free computer use ::sighs::  GGS is really trying hard to wipe themselves out, aren't they?
    The same IP address, not the same internet service.  You have a different IP address than your neighbors.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Chaotic (US1)Chaotic (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    edited 15.08.2017
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

The terms and conditions state that a person is allowed one farm per server only.
    It is not related to which PC or laptop you use, although of course your IP address comes into play.  

Therefore, if your nephew plays his own farm on your computer at your home, it will appear as if you (Gavin) have 2 farms, and if they are both on the US1 server, this will be in violation of the terms and agreements and may definitely lead to problems.  

If, however, his farm is on another server (say INT1 or GB1) there will be no problem should he play the farm on one of your computers, since your farm is on US1.
    So ... I am real curious about this ... it seems unheard of in Europe, and rare in the US.. but here in Canada, any city/municipality of 10k or more, provides free wi-fi.... muni-servers ... for residents, guests, etc...  are you actually saying that only 1 person is expected, or allowed, to sign on in say Toronto (a city of around 5 million, with all areas included) simply because they all have the same internet??  That's gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a business standpoint... and if you just count actual PCs??  There goes ALL the public access .. again, municipalities provide free computer use ::sighs::  GGS is really trying hard to wipe themselves out, aren't they?
    The same IP address, not the same internet service.  You have a different IP address than your neighbors.
    so each phone/computer/laptop using the same wi-fi all have different addys?  (didnt know this was possible)  is it unique to each specific device?   (not a tech person, obviously... GF and I have dispensations to play on same IPS, but beyond that Im lost) ... I know others who play big farm, would they not show up as same IPS, since they play on the same computers?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

All computers connected to the same WiFi access point share the same external IP address.

Not going to get into how NAT works here, but most likely if all your neighbors are using the free Muni WiFi, they're all going to have the same IP address. The whole CITY won't, but a building that uses WiFi w/repeaters all connected to a central router, yeah - they would (share the same IP).

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
    edited 15.08.2017
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

so each phone/computer/laptop using the same wi-fi all have different addys?  (didnt know this was possible)  is it unique to each specific device?   (not a tech person, obviously... GF and I have dispensations to play on same IPS, but beyond that Im lost)
    Think of it as your snail addy.  We have free postal delivery through the same Postal System.  But everyone has a different address.  

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 420
    I see people talking about leaving the game over the deep sea changes. :( Don't let it spoil your fun. Try out the new feature once its in the game then if you don't like it you can ignore the fishing part if you want. I can't honestly say if the market will be of any use to me or not yet only because I haven't seen it & I like hoarding stuff for Santa. Making loads of money is nice & all but did anyone really expect it to last forever? At least players had the chance to take advantage of the extra income & purchase some things that may have taken longer to achieve. 

I at least got to buy the rest of the plots on my main farm and upgrade my lab and a few other things.  And I have a nice stash of money saved.  So can't complain here.  And there are a few in my co-op that aren't surprised by the change either. 

I also can't judge until I see what the new upgrade brings and I will just have to restrategize.  As long as I am making more money than before the deep sea fishing even came along I will be happy. 

I take this game for what it is and I still love it despite the changes, upgrade,  downgrades etc.     The pros far out weight the cons for me.

Designed by FarmerJohn 22 (US1)
  • Chaotic (US1)Chaotic (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

All computers connected to the same WiFi access point share the same external IP address.

Not going to get into how NAT works here, but most likely if all your neighbors are using the free Muni WiFi, they're all going to have the same IP address. The whole CITY won't, but a building that uses WiFi w/repeaters all connected to a central router, yeah - they would (share the same IP).
    ahh ok, thank you .. truly not tryin to be difficult, just trying to understand the mechanics of the ban
  • Sanic (AU1)Sanic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 53

Well  not happy, BUT, I can also see that at the rate some were going, there would have been little left to play for if you had "done it all" with the money that was being made.

Got my fun out of it for sure.

I can see from here on, back to the tedious grind, or spend, spend, spend, (gold of course ) to get somewhere.

Sanic @ au 1
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

But isn't there a slight difference in the address?  My laptop v. my desktop, for example.  And in buildings, isn't there a way to differentiate between Office A's computer v. Office B's.  At least on crime shows it is.  LOL!

• Robert81 (US1)Robert81 (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I disagree on this multiple farm thing. A player in our coop had a farmer suspended for this  for an indefinite period of time and this same person had the gall to apply to our coop recently.with all there farms in one coop. i find this kind of comical myself. but just wish they would have left the fishing thing alone or just adjusted the price we get for fish. Not take away ability to make money on fish all together.
  • Very bad idea to avoid selling fish directly. It does not matter how much money you make if you don´t have the time or resources to grow. The game will remove a great incentive. I stopped upgrading ships since I don´t know if I will continue using this resource. Hope the administrators reconsider this decision. 
  • Even more, I will consider investing in fishing items to increase production since that production will not represent the same profitability to my farm. Once I see the prices of the market I will decide the action to take including demolishing ships if it is convinient.
Sign In to comment.