Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    While I feel this deep fishing change saddening I kinda was expecting something like that sooner or later. I cannot judge the market as I haven't seen it yet, but I hope however it does provide some considerable cash and worthy goodies (what about once in a while some wwc coins or gold? I'm not much of a fan of tokens...) to compensate. I did like the considerable amounts of cash the fishing region was bringing in, and I became more interested in the hundred level buildings (lab specially) which I might have to forget once more.

On the other hand, I like the new duck coop appearance quite a lot. So kudos on that one.

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491

Sorry too tired of having to have a calculator and spreadsheet for every miniscule thing I do here and when it changes on any given day and i rarely get on this forum... but here is my two cents cause that is all I am worth now *chuckles*

Too tired of support “FRANK” telling me it is a "known" glitch with no ETA for fixing or just fobbing me off when the numbers just don't add up - how hard is it to ADD +2 treasure boxes to inventory with screenshots (duh showing CURRENT inventory) - and then telling me sending screenshots does not "duplicate" or prove the error and sending "video" is better to "show them" – it’s just not required - oh yeah and CIRCLING or drawing an arrow on a screenshot so they can "see" since they can't without is now "editing" so the screenshot is not valid....

I want to relax and be entertained - yes I like some of the competiveness but in the end the massive gold buyers (and cheaters) only "win"

Thankfully I was able to upgrade 2 labs so I could make premium duck feed but was hoping for more -

I have sent GGS a list of things I am "adjusting" in my foreseeable continued game play - too many other games out there and many I own that do not require continued purchases which allow me a multiplayer experience which I love.

I do ROFL at Pichu's statements - the mechanism is severely broken - as well as the "press release" of "adjustments".

I am framing the excuse (also used in regards to the tools when wonder of wonders GGS sold for GOLD - gasp!). I will definitely refer to the excuse "making your *game* [insert:  work experience, income, etc. - you get the idea] progression too fast, thus damaging the rewarding feeling *we* (meaning YOU) expected, that always depends on a certain level of challenge".

****Just a quick question: Think GGS employees will consider that reasonable "adjustment" excuse at evaluation time ^^  o.O!  :D ?

AND speaking of definitions GGS should consider that UPGRADE means you actually receive a benefit or improvement from that not a dead space.

up•grade

verb

ˈəpˌɡrād,ˌəpˈɡrād/

1.         1.

raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular IMPROVE (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

"the cost of upgrading each workstation is around $300"

synonyms:       IMPROVE, modernize, update, bring up to date, MAKE BETTER, AMELIORATE, ENHANCE, BENEFIT, BOOST, reform

• Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    edited 15.08.2017
    Pichu said:
    Hey guys!

You will still earn money from the contracts in the market! It is not like that you will earn nothing anymore :o

Cheers,
    Pichu
    No one wants an organic market, thats the whole point! We already have one on our other farms. Put up a poll.....i'd be staggered if votes for this stupid change were higher than 1% but of course GGS will claim this change is what players wanted. Yes you give us tokens and fuku coins.....for what? So players can spin up rep points in CC and WWC to screw people out of their hard work? Where's the concern over balance in that one???? Also the option to delete crew and equipment we WON in other events so we get nothing for them? I'm also making hand gestures at the moment. :p
    100% right gizmo. Before is have been banned for name calling and insulting GGS and the workers of GGS. 

I asked instead that nogood survey every month a simple 1 question for ll the players on all the servers and publish that openly on the forum. 

Lets say this month the question is: Would you like to change the time between the C-C,s. Only awnser by multiplechoise. 1 Yes. 2 No .3  Don,t know/don,t awnser. 

They don,t have the guts,courage or however you like to name it,because the results would be very bad for them.

No lets introduce new bugs,new features wich don,t add nothing to the game. 
    That raft in the coop village needs more nails to fix or upgrade that the Titanic had ribbits.

Now i don,t care anymore for a warning or a Ban from the forum. GGS and their rules seems to work only for the big gold buyers with multiply accounts. The rest of the players they don,t care.

Everybody now knows what GGS for a company is. Your feedback is important for us. Yeah Yeah but they don,t listen to the players. Babylon in the gameworld. The tower is starting to implode 

• Come on GG admit it, it's all about the gold!  The direct selling of fish actually gave all player a chance to progress, well done for fugging this up.
  • Robert81 (US1)Robert81 (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I agree on all the problems with this new fish market deal. I dont know what to think with the cost to equip the boat's and the times taken to get fish just feel this is a bad deal all the way around. I can't play the game at the cost of a house payment. I work my farm hard and play daily just to try and keep up with the big golders. This being said I hope ggs can adjust this to accommodate ALL THE LOYAL FARMERS. 
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    If I ever hear the word re-balance outside the game it will crack me up so badly lol
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    edited 15.08.2017
    I agree on all the problems with this new fish market deal. I dont know what to think with the cost to equip the boat's and the times taken to get fish just feel this is a bad deal all the way around. I can't play the game at the cost of a house payment. I work my farm hard and play daily just to try and keep up with the big golders. This being said I hope ggs can adjust this to accommodate ALL THE LOYAL FARMERS. 
    Loyalty and GGS don,t walk hand in hand together.  Are you forgotten how the happy hour bonus works. Well that is called loyalty by GGS. Rest my case
  • Chaotic (US1)Chaotic (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

The terms and conditions state that a person is allowed one farm per server only.
    It is not related to which PC or laptop you use, although of course your IP address comes into play.  

Therefore, if your nephew plays his own farm on your computer at your home, it will appear as if you (Gavin) have 2 farms, and if they are both on the US1 server, this will be in violation of the terms and agreements and may definitely lead to problems.  

If, however, his farm is on another server (say INT1 or GB1) there will be no problem should he play the farm on one of your computers, since your farm is on US1.
    So ... I am real curious about this ... it seems unheard of in Europe, and rare in the US.. but here in Canada, any city/municipality of 10k or more, provides free wi-fi.... muni-servers ... for residents, guests, etc...  are you actually saying that only 1 person is expected, or allowed, to sign on in say Toronto (a city of around 5 million, with all areas included) simply because they all have the same internet??  That's gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a business standpoint... and if you just count actual PCs??  There goes ALL the public access .. again, municipalities provide free computer use ::sighs::  GGS is really trying hard to wipe themselves out, aren't they?
  • this is the worst decision ever, the fish help me with getting my upgrades etc needed for the game and my farms to run efficiently, if it aint broke don't fix it, leave it how it is, do u want people to leave the game due to this idiotic idea. Sort it out
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

The terms and conditions state that a person is allowed one farm per server only.
    It is not related to which PC or laptop you use, although of course your IP address comes into play.  

Therefore, if your nephew plays his own farm on your computer at your home, it will appear as if you (Gavin) have 2 farms, and if they are both on the US1 server, this will be in violation of the terms and agreements and may definitely lead to problems.  

If, however, his farm is on another server (say INT1 or GB1) there will be no problem should he play the farm on one of your computers, since your farm is on US1.
    So ... I am real curious about this ... it seems unheard of in Europe, and rare in the US.. but here in Canada, any city/municipality of 10k or more, provides free wi-fi.... muni-servers ... for residents, guests, etc...  are you actually saying that only 1 person is expected, or allowed, to sign on in say Toronto (a city of around 5 million, with all areas included) simply because they all have the same internet??  That's gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a business standpoint... and if you just count actual PCs??  There goes ALL the public access .. again, municipalities provide free computer use ::sighs::  GGS is really trying hard to wipe themselves out, aren't they?
    The same IP address, not the same internet service.  You have a different IP address than your neighbors.
    edited 15.08.2017
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

The same IP address, not the same internet service.  You have a different IP address than your neighbors.
    so each phone/computer/laptop using the same wi-fi all have different addys?  (didnt know this was possible)  is it unique to each specific device?   (not a tech person, obviously... GF and I have dispensations to play on same IPS, but beyond that Im lost) ... I know others who play big farm, would they not show up as same IPS, since they play on the same computers?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

All computers connected to the same WiFi access point share the same external IP address.

Not going to get into how NAT works here, but most likely if all your neighbors are using the free Muni WiFi, they're all going to have the same IP address. The whole CITY won't, but a building that uses WiFi w/repeaters all connected to a central router, yeah - they would (share the same IP).
    edited 15.08.2017
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

so each phone/computer/laptop using the same wi-fi all have different addys?  (didnt know this was possible)  is it unique to each specific device?   (not a tech person, obviously... GF and I have dispensations to play on same IPS, but beyond that Im lost)
    Think of it as your snail addy.  We have free postal delivery through the same Postal System.  But everyone has a different address.  
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    i think this game is a social experiment to see how bad a company can treath there costumers before they al stop playing and spend money at them
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I see people talking about leaving the game over the deep sea changes. :( Don't let it spoil your fun. Try out the new feature once its in the game then if you don't like it you can ignore the fishing part if you want. I can't honestly say if the market will be of any use to me or not yet only because I haven't seen it & I like hoarding stuff for Santa. Making loads of money is nice & all but did anyone really expect it to last forever? At least players had the chance to take advantage of the extra income & purchase some things that may have taken longer to achieve. 

I at least got to buy the rest of the plots on my main farm and upgrade my lab and a few other things.  And I have a nice stash of money saved.  So can't complain here.  And there are a few in my co-op that aren't surprised by the change either. 

I also can't judge until I see what the new upgrade brings and I will just have to restrategize.  As long as I am making more money than before the deep sea fishing even came along I will be happy. 

I take this game for what it is and I still love it despite the changes, upgrade,  downgrades etc.     The pros far out weight the cons for me.
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

All computers connected to the same WiFi access point share the same external IP address.

Not going to get into how NAT works here, but most likely if all your neighbors are using the free Muni WiFi, they're all going to have the same IP address. The whole CITY won't, but a building that uses WiFi w/repeaters all connected to a central router, yeah - they would (share the same IP).
    ahh ok, thank you .. truly not tryin to be difficult, just trying to understand the mechanics of the ban
    I think it is a ploy of GGS to reduce its clientele.  They may very well want to eliminate anyone who does not buy gold or who hasn't in a very long time.
    Agreed.  And if that is the case, then they should concentrate on making it a game where (1) people want to buy gold, and (2) that gold is safeguarded.
  • Sanic (AU1)Sanic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 53

Well  not happy, BUT, I can also see that at the rate some were going, there would have been little left to play for if you had "done it all" with the money that was being made.

Got my fun out of it for sure.

I can see from here on, back to the tedious grind, or spend, spend, spend, (gold of course ) to get somewhere.

Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

But isn't there a slight difference in the address?  My laptop v. my desktop, for example.  And in buildings, isn't there a way to differentiate between Office A's computer v. Office B's.  At least on crime shows it is.  LOL!
  • The upcoming update to "Re-balance" the game is a load of BS !!!
    The game is perfectly balanced as is, with a lot of bugs at times.  What makes it unbalanced & upsetting is the GGS chase after the goldplayers.
    What keeps the game in steady pace , even if you earn extra $$ (like deep-sea fishing) is the building slot - upgrades slot availability & time it takes to do it (the upgrades can be bypassed with gold, again).
    And yet -  on temp Events , GGS unbalanced the game, by adding "gold building slot" worth 55k to purchase at the start of the Event (the price diminishes with time of event).
    Same as adding Gold wheel of Fortune or adding Wheel of "Misfortune" selling points in last week of WWC event for all who worked for weeks to earn the rank  to loose hard earned points due to "fun" buying out from lazy framers.

As far as I can tell - GGS brings out the words of Challenge , stagnation and unbalanced game not at the appropriate times, but at times when it's convenient to them !!!

Deepsea fishing gave a really nice boost to growing the farms, being able to finally afford very expensive upgrades,buy farm expansions and being able to play "sinking" temp Events :)

"Game loosing it's challenge" - how can you even mention this, after selling points for WWC , what a shame to even use this as a quote !!!  you ruin the real challenges, by selling "gold" things, gold points by one spin of a wheel  and yet you use "challenge lost" for items & functions in the game which help everybody who uses it and does not require GGS control or gold spending.   
    What a ton a ton of DUNG !!!  

Deepsea fishing helped every level players - the only thing you had to do, was build the ships, learn how to outfit them & finally we got a "gift" from GGS in aiding our farms with steady cash flow.

As far as I recall - the Laboratories were introduced with a tie-in to deepsea fishing, the upgrades being set & adjusted, because the farmers will be earning extra income.  Are we expecting the upgrades price-drop for the Labs ?   (since we not going to earn lucrative payments from fish anymore) 

Finally Matilda's place & Lester's Stash - those prices for upgrades will remain, right.
    Which pretty much means - the one good thing we had given in the game ....will be gone and all of us , shall be back to the previous stage, square one of being broke after doing big upgrades !!!

Way to GO GGS - give something nice & take it away !!!   this is even better than Grinch for Christmas , lol (sarcastic grin)
  • Robert81 (US1)Robert81 (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    I disagree on this multiple farm thing. A player in our coop had a farmer suspended for this  for an indefinite period of time and this same person had the gall to apply to our coop recently.with all there farms in one coop. i find this kind of comical myself. but just wish they would have left the fishing thing alone or just adjusted the price we get for fish. Not take away ability to make money on fish all together.
  • Pichu,

We will certainly have to recalculate the costs of sending out boats fully stocked with supplies.  Not only will the cost of the supplies come out of our current dollars on hand but if the contracts are partly cash and partly items we may actually be going negative when we sell . Careful calculations are going to have to be made.
    the negative is the lack of player consideration and inept abilities of your developing team.   No name calling, just making a suggestion.   Stop gouging the players.    Product placement, and corporate sponsorship of items should have been the logical pursuit, but instead, its lame and feable to exploit the piggy bank, when many players have difficulty even logging in daily because of GGS not being a top notch company.   I expect a third of your actives to quit, and hopefully, the rest of GGS games will end up like Zynga, FF, Warhammer, civony........they got to greedy.   The only balance is that there are better games to take our wallets.   remove this comment and ill start an online campaign.   Don't like what people are posting?    Stop betraying your players.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 15.08.2017
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

But isn't there a slight difference in the address?  My laptop v. my desktop, for example.  And in buildings, isn't there a way to differentiate between Office A's computer v. Office B's.  At least on crime shows it is.  LOL!
    On the internal IP address, yes. It's usually in the format 192.168.0.X, where X is between 1 and 255. (IE, 192.168.0.34).  Each computer or device connected to the WiFi will have a different "X" value to differentiate them on the internal network, but the router ITSELF takes all those internal addresses, mixes them in a big old pot, and transmits them all to the Internet on a single *External* IP address (like 128.100.97.54 or whatever).

NAT (Network Address Translation) allows a single device, such as a router, to act as an agent between the Internet and the computers connected to it. This means that only a single IP address is required to represent the entire group of computers connected to it. 

So every computer connected to the Router has a different internal IP address, but the router itself only has 1 *external* IP Address. YOU are the only one that can see the Internal addresses, though.  Everyone else on the 'net (including GGS) only sees the single, External IP address.

So if you go to a site like WHAT IS MY IP, it will show you the same address from every device connected to your router - regardless of if it's a phone, a computer, a tablet, your XBox.. Everything connected to that router.  The router itself handles the translation between your (internal) network of devices and the (external) Internet. :)

• Very bad idea to avoid selling fish directly. It does not matter how much money you make if you don´t have the time or resources to grow. The game will remove a great incentive. I stopped upgrading ships since I don´t know if I will continue using this resource. Hope the administrators reconsider this decision. 
  • Dear developer team,
    I've been thinking whether or not  to write my opinion and have decided that after sulking it down during the couple of previous mishaps it's time again to be vocal.
    Many of us players were just waiting for the day to come when you will decide to correct the deep sea chapter after enrolling it with such high prices and big number of fishes available to catch. And here we have it.
    Despite I have an understanding of re-balancing the game, the solution itself is unreasonable. In addition the reasoning provided - aka creating an environment of challenge is b..ls.it. It's not thrilling and it's not fun to have a challenge in trying to save up $ in order to upgrade buildings for incredible high amounts. It's on the opposite very demotivating. 
    A reasonable fix would be leaving the possibility to directly sell - fish is fish regardless whether it's caught in deep sea or by Oleg. You could have played with the selling price and amount of fish in the sea. But no, it looks it would still create an opportunity to have the pressure of buying gold just a tiny bit lifted. 
    And despite you are a company and have to create profit - I'm sure the targets are very high - you should not forget the industry you are working in is gaming - and as such the game should be fun. Providing a possibility of having progress by buying gold is OK, I do that from time to time. However the pressure to buy gold is incredibly high since beginning of this year and it crossed the line on a number of occasions already. 
    In addition - it's no fun to be playing in an environment where you are forced to certain activities and the number of activities is just ridiculous high and doesn't provide us with days when we can just enjoy building a farm and working on it.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling almost like a slave. And while it's still my decision what I'm going to play and when, this should be a wake up call for you to understand that players just might decide to leave the game if you continue to walk the path you are on right now. It requires just a slight change in your strategy to make the game more fun again and not hard labor.  
    Bye for now. 

• Even more, I will consider investing in fishing items to increase production since that production will not represent the same profitability to my farm. Once I see the prices of the market I will decide the action to take including demolishing ships if it is convinient.
  • You know, I am glad GGS is doing this for our benefit! It was HORRIBLE to be able to buy land with farming dollars and not gold, to be able to upgrade and compete with people that make more money than I in real life. How nice of them to "fix" this for us!!! And to not tell us until the day before they do it so I could waste farming dollars that I will now need for other things on island farming? That was AWESOME! I am so glad they have my best interest in mind! Anything else I want to say would just get this comment booted and me kicked off the forum, so I guess I will close saying again THANK YOU GGS! WOW!!! YOU GUYS ARE GREEEEEAT!!! And by "great" I mean "LAME"!!!!!!!!!
  • boycott buying gold! see how fast our selling fish options comes back!
  • Jillaroo (US1)Jillaroo (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    Well, after a full day of very unhappy people discussing this update we have not heard one word about what GGS intends to do about it. Are you guys listening to your players? Please stop and think about what you are doing. It would be nothing to you to delay this update and listen to the players. Maybe make some changes. Most people on here are beyond being able to be nice about this, they are so upset. I will be nice for everyone and ask, please, will you reconsider?
Sign In to comment.