Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Hey Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here :)

Comments

• Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    I am NOT happy that they are changing the Deep Sea Fishing!!!!

Yes, I know it needed to be rebalenced. BUT NO more derect selling of Deep Sea fish is TOO much!!!
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 18.08.2017
    No more direct selling from deep sea fishing FORCED us to make another strategy to keep our farm running with a steady profit (by using mermaid bay, oleg, farm components, and this feature). But the things that I know are the temp farm, farm laboratory, academy and stash upgrades are SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECTED
    Post edited by Surya54 (INT1) on
  • edited 15.08.2017
    • The possibility to directly sell chum and Deep Sea fish will be removed
    Im so now not happy

i dont use the normal organic market so this new  deep sea market is of no interest to me at all, i dont play the silly fuku  event thing so fuku tokens i dont need,  

another part of the game ruined by  ggs 

trawlers will go to scrap yard, fishermen unemployed, dock yard scrapped.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    There it is.....after months of hype surrounding the profit potential of the deep sea fishing AND then being assured it would not be tampered with GGS do yet another backflip and rebalance the game to favor themselves.......let me guess, these changes have been made by popular demand of the big farm community and the update is giving us what WE wanted? A 100 level boat also hyped up during the WWC and then cancelled, its just one lie/false claim after another with this company.......no one wanted these changes! Selling off all my fishes while I can.....stupid update!
  • APK (IN1)APK (IN1) Posts: 49
    • The possibility to directly sell chum and Deep Sea fish will be removed
    Im so now not happy

i dont use the normal organic market so this new  deep sea market is of no interest to me at all 

another part of the game ruined by  ggs 

trawlers will go to scrap yard, fishermen unemployed, dock yard scrapped.
    Completely agreed with you...many players(me too) will be affected and disappointed by such decisions...
    Though I was expecting these type of changes when you (moderators) had talked about "adjustments"....

Not satisfied with it...Worst decision ever  :(
  • sadegh6383 (INT1)sadegh6383 (INT1) Posts: 16
    edited 15.08.2017
    We see that that GGS sees the the lack of balance in  deep see fishing but can't see how hard it is to upgrade the laboratory.

If GGS is worried about the balance of the game, why doesn't it decrease the price of upgrades for labs, Matilda's academy and Lester's secret stash?

Right now it is possible to earn 100 million dollars a day by deep see fishing. Each laboratory takes about 126 billion dollars to get to level 100. So for each lab it takes 126 billion/100 million = 1260 days about 3.5 years to get to level 100. So for all the 3 labs on each farm, it takes 10.5 years,  let alone Matilda's academy and Lester's secret stash.  This is in the current situation with the current prices of the deep see fish. So GGS wants to take this opportunity from us and we may need 100 years to complete  the lab :( .  So I think GGS should remove the lab item and stop making fun of us and itself.

I see everyone is disappointed when hearing about this horrible news. At least decrease the price of the lab.
    Thank you

Post edited by sadegh6383 (INT1) on
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    "Additionally, some contracts may reward you with rare items such as Wheel of Fortune coins, Shinkei Suijaku tokens and Mystery Boxes to name a few"

Oh goody, tokens, the thing that farmers really love >:)
  • Joybells (US1)Joybells (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    I too am upset about not being able to "directly sell" the fish.  In all other aspects of the game, we are able to sell the items produced.  If the fishing area has become to lucrative, then lower the $ amount each fish is sold for, do not get rid of the ability to directly sell the items.
  • APK (IN1)APK (IN1) Posts: 49
    This decision will greatly affect mostly to lower level players like me....

Now, it's time to forget about temporary farms and need to think(about dollars) before doing any upgradation  :(

GGS Completely ruined us  :s
  • We see that that the GGS sees the the lack of balance in the presence of deep see fishing but can't see how hard it is to upgrade the laboratory. Right now it is possible to earn 100 million dollars a day by deep see fishing. Each laboratory takes about 100 billion dollars to get to level 100. So for each lab it takes 100 billion/100 million = 1000 days about 2.5 years to get to level 100. So for all the 3 labs on each farm, it takes 7.5 years. This is really long and discouraging.
    So if GGS is worried about the balance of the game, why doesn't it decrease the price of upgrades for labs, Matilda's academy and Lester's secret stash? I see everyone is disappointed when hearing about this horrible news. At least decrease the price of the lab.
    Thank you

going from level 11 to level 12  costs 255 million dollars and they shoot up from there  so way over the 100 million

ggs officially now really suck 
  • Ariel_9 (RO1)Ariel_9 (RO1) Posts: 80
    edited 15.08.2017
    Big disappointment... huge in fact. :(:(
    I like the organic market, but I get higher prices for apples in contracts and I do this because I choose. I can always sell them directly, for less money. Why didn't you just lower a little the price of the deep sea fish instead? Not saying it would be more correct, but less upsetting.
    ”[...] the direct selling of deep sea fishing products would cause harm to this balance in the long run [...]”
    False!! On the contrary, it brought a balance regarding the costs of the farm. laboratory, the temp. farms, the village etc.

• CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    i can't wait for the comunity feedback for this update.

ohh wait a minute..... :#
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    Moral of the story :- Do not appreciate or Praise if you like any feature in game,GGS will remove it.

• CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    Moral of the story :- Do not appreciate or Praise if you like any feature in game,GGS will remove it.

Well said my friend.
  • edited 15.08.2017
    trawlers out for their last time sold everthing  lol

trawlers will be demolished tomorrow at least i wont have to equip them anymore lol 

happy hmmmm  fishing guys 

when the dock yard was included they should have said 

Guys were releasing this early but  its not finished market isnt done but when it is you wont be able to sell fish directly 
    that would have been too easy of course

the back lash from this update will be huge i hope ggs have somewhere to hide

• sadegh6383 (INT1)sadegh6383 (INT1) Posts: 16
    edited 15.08.2017

going from level 11 to level 12  costs 255 million dollars and they shoot up from there  so way over the 100 million

ggs officially now really suck 
    You can calculate the sum in the below link . it's about 126 bilion.
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/buildings/MF_laboratory.htm

Post edited by sadegh6383 (INT1) on
  • Sherry13 (US1)Sherry13 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    Should i be selling all my fish in my inventory?

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • edited 15.08.2017

its up to you if you like doing the organic market then you might like the fish market,
    if you dont then i would sell now, a lot in our co-op are selling up as they wont be playing the fish market when it is introduced tomorrow, 

i cant say sell or keep if you want dollars for the fish you have then you need to sell before the update comes in

ps this only involves fish caught in the deep sea fishing  fish from oleg you can still sell i believe
  • "Additionally, some contracts may reward you with rare items such as Wheel of Fortune coins, Shinkei Suijaku tokens and Mystery Boxes to name a few"

Oh goody, tokens, the thing that farmers really love >:)
    This is like to say we get gold from the current market. There are many other items in the game which give lots of tokens, such as the lucky coin dealer, the WWC, and the farm lab.
  • edited 15.08.2017
    Some things are great and somethings are a true bummer....for one thing the Deep Sea Market IS NOT LIKE the Organ Market in the main farms because we still have the option to sell directly or to fulfill the Organic Market requests....If the Organic Market requests are lucrative we will strive to fill them....the same would be true for the Deep Sea Market....GGS just make these requests truly desirable and we won't be tempted to sell outright, but give us the option just like we have with the Organic Market.  Thank you!  In the meantime, I have sold off all my deep sea fish and chum.....I just can't imagine a coin or two as rewards are as valuable as selling outright.
    totally agree with you, i dont want tokens of any sort from the deep sea stuff they should have just reduced the price of the fish we catch and left the option to use the market with  us, although one bonus is i dont have to bother with the fishing hard work event either so  a silver lining there ;)
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    After many requests and suggestions from players about balancing the farm laboratory they thought it was not necessary but GGS wants to balance deep sea fishing without requesting lol Way to go GGS
    edited 15.08.2017

It depends what you like of course, but I also read in the announcement that Mermaid Bay items from deepsea fish will be asked for, very nice, Mermaid Bay has to be at level 7 to actually make those dishes, I for one will sell everything I've got!

Correction: level 6, still need the architect
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Disappointed but unfortunately not surprised

trawlers will be demolished tomorrow at least i wont have to equip them anymore lol 

Don't do that, save them for the fish hard worker event, at least they'll get you a GML :)
  • trawlers out for their last time sold everthing  lol

Don't do that, save them for the fish hard worker event, at least they'll get you a GML :)
    i cant do that, already told my fishermen they are being made redundant tomorrow  would be bad to ask them just to work for a few days a yr  lol  ;)
  • Some things are great and somethings are a true bummer....for one thing the Deep Sea Market IS NOT LIKE the Organ Market in the main farms because we still have the option to sell directly or to fulfill the Organic Market requests....If the Organic Market requests are lucrative we will strive to fill them....the same would be true for the Deep Sea Market....GGS just make these requests truly desirable and we won't be tempted to sell outright, but give us the option just like we have with the Organic Market.  Thank you!  In the meantime, I have sold off all my deep sea fish and chum.....I just can't imagine a coin or two as rewards are as valuable as selling outright.

It is obvious that they want to decrease the selling prices of the fish to maintain the balance. So it doesn't matter whether they'll give us the option to sell directly or not.
  • What a con yet again :-((  GGS could has re balanced deep-sea fishing & let us sell fish direct.  & have the market if we decide to use it.  The smaller players will stop playing the game as the boats cost a lot of farm $ & take o long time to built.  Not happy at all  :-(( 

i cant do that, already told my fishermen they are being made redundant tomorrow  would be bad to ask them just to work for a few days a yr  lol  ;)
    OMG, they'll be out drinking day and night with Yarnacle, the amount of nails needed will skyrocket :p
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
    Hy there!
    I was expecting this, so not a surprise for me.
    This update comes to resolve what from the first place was an error in my opinion...the huge profit from the deep fishing area.
    Sorry guys, but everybody has the right to an opinion no?
    In one single day, you could earn 15 millions $ from the farms and 185 millions $ from the deep sea fishing,
    resulting in a 7.5% income from farms and 92.5% income from fishing
    In other words, in this situation, there was no reason any more for clicking in the farms and there was no reason any more for using decos etc etc...the game became a non sense and this update will resolve this aspect...it's a step for bringing back the normality.
    What is NOT ok, is the aspect regarding the insane prices for the laboratory, Lester's tree and so on...that is other mistake..and they covered a mistake with other mistake.
    In my opinion, from the first place, these buidings should have had a resonable cost, while the deep sea fishing should not contribute with more than 50% from the total daily $ income. That would be a good balance!

Sign In to comment.