Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

What will the new Co Op Village do to benefit our original main farms and CoOp?

2»

Comments

• Well, after posing the question and reading through most of the responses......lol   :p    I have to give my co op Hikikomori Haven a BIG pat on the back!!  We are upgrading, working together as a team, participating in the village league challenges, have moved up a rank, collected some very nice rewards, medals, achievements, and Captain Yarnacle's gifts aren't so bad if you help him fix his boat.........Everything takes some time, but like I've read here before, this game takes time to play and enjoy!!  Things don't just happen like BAM!!  unless you've got the pockets with no bottom, and can use gold to do it all, but then, that takes the fun out of the wait!!  Soooooo, to sum it up, just play, take your time, learn the lessons taught about team work and comradery, and chillax...........Happy Farming!!   B)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Well, I see promise in the Co-op Village, but I think some things are going to need major adjustment.
    As far as I can tell, you can make a decent profit producing with the factories.  I'm imagining that, like the Fish Restaurant, when you get up into higher levels, you'll be able to make a really good profit.
    Any data available on that decent profit for a lazy gamer pls? :)

Well, after posing the question and reading through most of the responses......lol   :p    I have to give my co op Hikikomori Haven a BIG pat on the back!!  We are upgrading, working together as a team, participating in the village league challenges, have moved up a rank, collected some very nice rewards, medals, achievements, and Captain Yarnacle's gifts aren't so bad if you help him fix his boat.........Everything takes some time, but like I've read here before, this game takes time to play and enjoy!!  Things don't just happen like BAM!!  unless you've got the pockets with no bottom, and can use gold to do it all, but then, that takes the fun out of the wait!!  Soooooo, to sum it up, just play, take your time, learn the lessons taught about team work and comradery, and chillax...........Happy Farming!!   B)
    Could you specify those very nice rewards and not so bad gifts you supposedly received together with how much they cost you pls so that we can evaluate if that would be interesting for us also? :)
  • Well, I've had a change of attitude over time and used to gripe and complain, and moan, and grumble about lime seeds.......lol.......until I read where someone said that anything given freely or as a reward should be appreciated.......now, as far as the Reward Shop goes on the village league challenge, I'm just very careful to buy the things I need and use......super chicken feed, pig feed, cow feed, etc........I have also bought peacock feed and island humus to help me out over there.......I don't remember the specific costs, but I stop buyin' them when I start getting low on the currency, and save what I have left for next time (I don't save much, because I don't want to lose it)  but Captain Yarnacle has filled my gift box up with lots of goodies!!  Mystery boxes, special seeds and different sorts of humuses and whatnot......Even if there are chains on the box I can still open it!!  (I hope that's not a bug they end up fixin'!!)  but (and I know this is a "run on" sentence) it is what it is.......I'm not the kind of player who has to have millions of everything in storage, like special seeds and stuff.......(premium fert on the other hand, I do start worrying when I get low on that)......mostly, I just make it and use it........and that's what I mean when I say my farm hasn't been affected negatively because of participating in a village league challenge........I farm as usual, and my contributions count just like the next person's...........Did that answer your question K?   B)
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    ........and that's what I mean when I say my farm hasn't been affected negatively because of participating in a village league challenge........I farm as usual, and my contributions count just like the next person's...........
    I'm just curious on your coops rank? I farm as usual and we have been set at too high of a rank (5 to start, now at 6), therefore can not even think of reaching the totals they are asking for. Cant wait to drop in rank so we can do the same, but that will take several weeks :( just unfortunate that there was no rhyme or reason to the ranking system, because it locked many out of the chance to even compete.
    edited 29.04.2017
    Well, I've had a change of attitude over time and used to gripe and complain, and moan, and grumble about lime seeds.......lol.......until I read where someone said that anything given freely or as a reward should be appreciated.......now, as far as the Reward Shop goes on the village league challenge, I'm just very careful to buy the things I need and use......super chicken feed, pig feed, cow feed, etc........I have also bought peacock feed and island humus to help me out over there.......I don't remember the specific costs, but I stop buyin' them when I start getting low on the currency, and save what I have left for next time (I don't save much, because I don't want to lose it)  but Captain Yarnacle has filled my gift box up with lots of goodies!!  Mystery boxes, special seeds and different sorts of humuses and whatnot......Even if there are chains on the box I can still open it!!  (I hope that's not a bug they end up fixin'!!)  but (and I know this is a "run on" sentence) it is what it is.......I'm not the kind of player who has to have millions of everything in storage, like special seeds and stuff.......(premium fert on the other hand, I do start worrying when I get low on that)......mostly, I just make it and use it........and that's what I mean when I say my farm hasn't been affected negatively because of participating in a village league challenge........I farm as usual, and my contributions count just like the next person's...........Did that answer your question K?   B)
    No, it didn't answer my question. I was looking for a bit more precision, but thanks for trying. :) At least I can see that your oppinion is not based on economic evaluation, so in a sense I learned what I wanted to know. :)

If this game is supposed to be an economic simulator, then I'm looking for things to make economic sense. In nutshell it's either decent return on investments and operations or something "extra" or "special" if return doesn't directly match the investment. Anybody can say anything, but it doesn't make it right. Why should anybody playing economic simulator want to dump loads of resources and get pittiful return on them? We check the costs and returns and then make decisions if the action is worth it or what needs to be adjusted to make it worth it, or look for the best operation routines within the game reflecting our play style etc. Appreciating lousy rewards for a lot of work may sound nice as a positivism statement but makes absolutely zero economic sense. You actually made me wonder if you are also happy when your boss rewards you with half a minimum wage for your work. :)

Anyway, thanks again for your response. :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I'm still wondering if anyone knows what the point of the village (not the village competition) is? So you upgrade factories, bank, jetty, and horse meadow.....but why? I can see some benefit to the jetty and horse meadow at higher levels, and of course u have to upgrade factories to be able to make items to donate towards jetty and horse meadow upgrades but apart from that whats the point? All I see is farm dollars being wasted for nothing, am I missing something here?
    edited 30.04.2017
    I'm still wondering if anyone knows what the point of the village (not the village competition) is? So you upgrade factories, bank, jetty, and horse meadow.....but why? I can see some benefit to the jetty and horse meadow at higher levels, and of course u have to upgrade factories to be able to make items to donate towards jetty and horse meadow upgrades but apart from that whats the point? All I see is farm dollars being wasted for nothing, am I missing something here?
    I'm in the same boat so far. Everything village connected is mostly ignored in our co-op. Regarding Yarnacle and Meadow being supposedly usefull on higher level, unless you are willing to rebuild your farms decos completely to get decent VHP (which seems near impossible in the current system) you won¨t be happy to produce anything in T&T plus M&M due to crazy high costs anyway as return is likely to be not interesting under these conditions even at higher level (just an assumption).

I basically haven't done anythng (appart from pellets when I have overflow of WF and free mill capacity to earn an extra few unsignificant hundreds of dollars) cause for 1) I need field/meadow/garden capacity for farm operations so don't want to pay penalty and 2) I don't like VHP system and don't want to use it, at least not yet.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    @Kamilcom (GB1)   Sorry I don't have better data - I just ran the basic math long enough to discover that, at our happiness level of the time, I was making more money on the factory products than I was spending on the raw materials & production costs to make them.  That's changed since we ruined our happiness by upgrading the factories while having no new village happiness decos to add.
  • Well, I've had a change of attitude over time and used to gripe and complain, and moan, and grumble about lime seeds.......lol.......until I read where someone said that anything given freely or as a reward should be appreciated.......now, as far as the Reward Shop goes on the village league challenge, I'm just very careful to buy the things I need and use......super chicken feed, pig feed, cow feed, etc........I have also bought peacock feed and island humus to help me out over there.......I don't remember the specific costs, but I stop buyin' them when I start getting low on the currency, and save what I have left for next time (I don't save much, because I don't want to lose it)  but Captain Yarnacle has filled my gift box up with lots of goodies!!  Mystery boxes, special seeds and different sorts of humuses and whatnot......Even if there are chains on the box I can still open it!!  (I hope that's not a bug they end up fixin'!!)  but (and I know this is a "run on" sentence) it is what it is.......I'm not the kind of player who has to have millions of everything in storage, like special seeds and stuff.......(premium fert on the other hand, I do start worrying when I get low on that)......mostly, I just make it and use it........and that's what I mean when I say my farm hasn't been affected negatively because of participating in a village league challenge........I farm as usual, and my contributions count just like the next person's...........Did that answer your question K?   B)
    No, it didn't answer my question. I was looking for a bit more precision, but thanks for trying. :) At least I can see that your oppinion is not based on economic evaluation, so in a sense I learned what I wanted to know. :)

If this game is supposed to be an economic simulator, then I'm looking for things to make economic sense. In nutshell it's either decent return on investments and operations or something "extra" or "special" if return doesn't directly match the investment. Anybody can say anything, but it doesn't make it right. Why should anybody playing economic simulator want to dump loads of resources and get pittiful return on them? We check the costs and returns and then make decisions if the action is worth it or what needs to be adjusted to make it worth it, or look for the best operation routines within the game reflecting our play style etc. Appreciating lousy rewards for a lot of work may sound nice as a positivism statement but makes absolutely zero economic sense. You actually made me wonder if you are also happy when your boss rewards you with half a minimum wage for your work. :)

Anyway, thanks again for your response. :)
    Oh.......well I just play the game and enjoy the rewards..........You're welcome!!  Happy Farming!!  lol  :D
  • what happens to the horses from the horse meadow
    Still not seeing much benefit apart from the rewards from yarnacle........tried the meadow and to be honest it hasn't improved my horse much at all. A +8 on strength training (one horse example) on a horse that needs 2170 training points for its next level is a very underwhelming reward considering all the money spent looking after it in meadow......am I doing something wrong?
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    Yes gizmo do the same as me . Leave that coopvillage and everything what belongs to it on your left hands side and don,t use it. 

It will save you a lot of time,goods and questions about what you are dooing wrong. You aint dooing wrong. That whole coop village is a BUST or Whatever you like to name it. 
    The rewards are a insult to the players
    Good idea........can't stand the village, complete waste of time. All i'll do now is add edge plants and goods for jetty, collect yarnacles rewards then ignore it until the boat returns.
  • edited 14.08.2017
    i have a solution for the  village 

knock most of it down and build a blooming great big nail factory cos that about all you  ever seem to make 

nails nails nails nails 

i have NEVER known a boat need soooooooooooooooooooo many  nails when it docks

nails nails nails,

have you seen the size of the level one raft  where do all these nails go?
    my guess is were naff builders and when repairing it we drop  most of them over the side  
    surprised it can get in and out of the jetty must be a huge nail bank under ours

nails nails nails

oops sorry  my answer to the topic question is 

absolutely nothing ;)

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    GGS have not thought out the village  properly needed a plaster to hold together the game while they sort out where the farm is headed but the progress is far to slow, to long term I don't want to think about playing 5 - 10 years in future 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    You are funny and make me laugh!  Have you ever thought that those nails are being sent to Beauty Shops all around the world so women can have their nails done...?  :*
  • You are funny and make me laugh!  Have you ever thought that those nails are being sent to Beauty Shops all around the world so women can have their nails done...?  :*
    nah i know the real reason its to keep fixing the GGS office safe  cos of all the money they make it keeps splitting  down the sides ;)

comment made with happy heart ;) no malice intended,  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file