Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 4th - "Happy Hour and Obon Festival" - Discussion

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    can anyone explain me what is obon festival
    and how we find lanterns

You can find all about the Obon Festival here:  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158402/update-august-3rd-happy-hour-and-lantern-festival/p1?new=1

You will obtain lanterns by normal farming on your regular farms (they'll drop from harvesting your fields, gardens and meadows). The more you farm, the more lanterns you will collect. The more lanterns you collect, the bigger/nicer your end-reward will be.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    The Obon Festival decoration offers NO village happiness?   What's the point?  Another deco we will have to store or tear down to have room for decos with village happiness.  We NEED decos with village happiness. Also it says "Help me gather as many lanterns as possible and earn great rewards for it!"  I see just one reward, the deco, is there more to the event?  Am I missing something?
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    What is important not the main reward, but the side reward, lucky coins. With the good strategy, one can trade some lucky coins to Omar for VHP deco, although all of them belong to Asia event
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    This drop rate from the CrazyBigFarms site, while tallied from the Leprechaun event, seems to be holding up for this one as well:

Drop rates Leprechaun

Amounts are PER FIELD and sorted by highest/lowest:

Main Farm:
    Wildflowers: 60 per hour (2 minute harvest)
    Alfalfa: 48 per hour (3 minute harvest)
    Corn: 36 per hour (5 minute harvest)
    Rutabaga: 26.6 per hour (9 minute harvest)
    Cabbage: 12 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Wheat: 7 per hour (6 hour harvest)

Special Alfalfa: 21.4 per hour (14 minute harvest)
    Special Wheat: 18.4 per hour (30 minute harvest) 
    Special Rutabaga: 13.6 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Special Corn: 12.4 per hour (1 hour harvest)
    Special Wildflower: 12 per hour (30 minute harvest)
    Special Cabbage: 8.5 per hour (4 hour harvest)

Rose: 65.2 per hour (30 minute harvest)
    Rapaseed: 57.9 per hour (35 minute harvest)
    Violet: 48.8 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Yellow Hibiscus: 48.8 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Rice: 45.8 per hour (55 minute harvest)
    Magic Bean: 37.8 per hour (1 hour, 20 minute harvest)
    GoldFlower: 20.4 per hour (2 hours, 20 minute harvest)
    Sunflower: 13.5 per hour (8 hour harvest)

Gourmet Farm:
    Dandelions: 45 per hour (28 minute harvest)
    Barley: 19.6 per hour (3 hour harvest)
    Lamb's Lettuce: 9.5 per hour (7 hour harvest)

Spec. Lamb's Lettuce: 17.6 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Spec. Dandelions: 10 per hour (7 hour harvest) -70
    Spec. Barley: 9.3 per hour (8 hour harvest) -74.4

Flower Farm:
    Jasmine: 28.3 per hour (2 hour harvest) -56.6
    Lavender: 15.1 per hour (5 hour harvest) -75.5
    Vanilla: 14.3 per hour (6 hour harvest) –85.8
    Aloe Vera: 14.3 per hour (6 hour harvest) -85.8

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Happy Hour is just another spam popup that comes up when I first load the game causing massive lag.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 12.08.2017
    What's up GGS? Not of this World event just started this this morning so how could we lose a day already when it hasn't even been 24 hours? It was 6 days this morning & now it's 5 days. No wonder players are unable to finish events. Sorry but these events are really starting to looked fixed.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    What's up GGS? Not of this World event just started this this morning so how could we lose a day already when it hasn't even been 24 hours? It was 6 days this morning & now it's 5 days. No wonder players are unable to finish events. Sorry but these events are really starting to looked fixed.

it always does that. Once it falls to 5 days & 23 hours, it just says "5 days".

Right now there's 140 hours left. That's 5 Days & 20 hours.
  • Guys really, consider making some extra hours during the night because not everyone is playing during the day.. This is not fair at all..
  • Seriously it is highly unfair to not set the happy hours during the night. Why is it so hard to make it 7-10, 12-15, 18-21, 24(midnight)-5 for example?? A lot of people plays during the night and you know it, why to discriminate these? Everyone shall have equal chances to get the bonuses.
    edited 12.08.2017

But if you get 7 days to complete & it starts with 6 days - then 24 hours still has to past before it goes to 5 days. Since it just started this morning 24 hours hasn't passed yet so it shouldn't change to 5 days until tomorrow morning.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 12.08.2017

But if you get 7 days to complete & it starts with 6 days - then 24 hours still has to past before it goes to 5 days. Since it just started this morning 24 hours hasn't passed yet so it shouldn't change to 5 days until tomorrow morning.
    We never get 7 full days for these events. It's usually like 157 hours (6 days, 13 hours) or so.

{Edited to correct time}
    edited 12.08.2017

We never get 7 full days for these events. It's usually like 157 hours (6 days, 13 hours) or so.

{Edited to correct time}

which means night players have more time than day players on majority of events so why are they complaining about this daily bonus being unfair? They have 1 event that they have a disadvantage while day players have a disadvantage on all the others since night players start all other events & end with them so technically they get more time while day players get less - give it a break.
    Post edited by noisy (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The Obon festival deco.....it has no village happiness.  I can't speak for other players, but I no longer use any decos that do not have VHP.  Did GGS mean to leave out VHP?  We had it during golden week, when building a leprechaun deco.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The weekend bonus, from the HH menu...........does it work all day long or just during those 3 times?

• jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    The weekend bonus, from the HH menu...........does it work all day long or just during those 3 times?

Mine's working all the time - there is a counter at the top indcating how long left (30 odd hours)
    J

• T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    The Obon deco doesn't have Village happiness..:(((( Why oh why ggs??????
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I am surprised the Obon festival decoration does not include village happiness

Very nice deco, but without VHP mine is going to Greta for disassembling

• The weekend bonus booster is in working this morning even after refreshing and logging out and logging back in.  No boost to snow dollars and no increase to field production.  No counter at the top of the page like for the happy hour during the week.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    You have to activate the booster that you want, you can choose one of the three. Just click the checkered flag underneath your chosen booster.
  • Happy Hour Bonus
    As per usual the working class lose out once again, Im off this weekend and I have no weekend bonus as I only managed to get 2 of the bonuses each day, yes do mobile i hear u say, not when you work in retail on shop floor I dont think customers would be happy if i was playing farm and not putting stock on the shelves for them to buy or to answer their questions when required, I just want this game to be made fair for all your players and not just the ones that sit on their backsides all day with nothing better to do, as for the worldwide champs that was the same russia japan etc are all i dont know how many times bigger than the uk so we didnt stand a chance before it even started i dont know why i even try and put these things to you because all youre interested in is people spending gold to win things, i use gold but i have cut down to very little these days as its not worth it as this game is so unfair to the working people xxx RANT OVER by the way i never get a reply from the powers that be as to why this is they must be sick of me using the exclamation mark at the top of the page x
    edited 12.08.2017
    You have to activate the booster that you want, you can choose one of the three. Just click the checkered flag underneath your chosen booster.
    Thanks for posting, grrr.  I finally got one of the boosters going.  However,  didn't realize only one booster can be activated at a time.  Unfortunately, I activated one that was less valuable to me. :(
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @artful (US1) actually the game does... by hovering over the items, help tips show and let you know... LOL, I thought we just got all 3!  nothing was happening, so I started hovering and found out...  ;)
  • You have to activate the booster that you want, you can choose one of the three. Just click the checkered flag underneath your chosen booster.
    Thanks for posting, grrr.  I finally got one of the boosters going.  However, the game failed to tell us that only one booster can be activated at a time.  Unfortunately, I activated one that was less valuable to me. :(
    Same here @artful (US1) 

I thought we can choose boosters of our choice on three different times so I was planing on using the viking farm one, so I choose the field one for the morning. Was sad to see when it shows the booster's for the whole weekend :disappointed:
    JVD (US1) said:
    @artful (US1) actually the game does... by hovering over the items, help tips show and let you know... LOL, I thought we just got all 3!  nothing was happening, so I started hovering and found out...  ;)
    Oh, I hovered, all right.  Didn't read a thing about just one booster.  Live and learn! :)
    JVD (US1) said:
    HAHAHA!  Just read it!  DUH!  
    Thanks for posting, grrr.  I finally got one of the boosters going.  However, the game failed to tell us that only one booster can be activated at a time.  Unfortunately, I activated one that was less valuable to me. :(
    Same here @artful (US1) 

I thought we can choose boosters of our choice on three different times so I was planing on using the viking farm one, so I choose the field one for the morning. Was sad to see when it shows the booster's for the whole weekend :disappointed:
    I found out that the game does tell us you can activate only one -- I didn't see it in time.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Oh well @artful (US1) , next time I'll be the one that doesn't see what you're supposed to do I'm sure.
    Sometimes that can be a good thing, won the booster in the WWC and thought it was just for upgrading, imagine my surprise when fields and production started racing :o
    Oh well @artful (US1) , next time I'll be the one that doesn't see what you're supposed to do I'm sure.
    Sometimes that can be a good thing, won the booster in the WWC and thought it was just for upgrading, imagine my surprise when fields and production started racing :o
    LOL!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Why? now we are having the same booster every week why don't u change the booster every week what's the purpose of these booster if we don't have new ones on weekend :|
Sign In to comment.