Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 4th - "Happy Hour and Obon Festival" - Discussion

Comments

• Please GGS, introduce a way for dockyard so we don't have to drag equipment/crew again and again whenever the ship comes back, we will just click on the button and everything we last placed would be placed again. Just like crops. I'm toooooooooooo lazy to do it everyday. Please please please.

P.S. Sorry if my request isn't clear, I wasn't able comprehend the words to tell you what type of feature I was talking about :(
  •   I am in the USA on Pacific Standard Time.  German time is 9 hours ahead of us.  i understand that the Happy Hour time is supposed to be our Server time- which appears to be set to Central Standard USA time. (We have 9 Standard time Zones in the USA & USA possessions.)  However the time is still wrong for the Happy Hour event.  
    Happy hour said 09:36 - 9:36am, and my computer-local time said 7:36am, ok Central Standard time is 2 hours ahead of my Pacific Standard time. So that is OK.
     But, my 12:00 - 15:00 hour (Noon to 3pm) Happy Hour has already been activated!  
     I think is is still on German time, which is 9 hours ahead of my PST, or 7 hours ahead of German CEST time.  Here are the screen prints.
      @WascallyWabbit, please inform them that this time is not working.
     I also play many time between 10pm and 2am or even later, as I have Co-op players that are 3 hours apart in time difference...and I am somewhat of a night owl.  I wish they had just left the time alone.  Over the last 3 1/2 years, playing on German time has not been a problem and we were all on the same time. Since we were playing a German Game, based in Germany, I had no problem adjusting to German time, but now it is all mixed up! and full of BUGS once more!  I am also having lots of display problems since the last update!

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
      I am in the USA on Pacific Standard Time.  German time is 9 hours ahead of us.  i understand that the Happy Hour time is supposed to be our Server time- which appears to be set to Central Standard USA time. (We have 9 Standard time Zones in the USA & USA possessions.)  However the time is still wrong for the Happy Hour event.  
    Happy hour said 09:36 - 9:36am, and my computer-local time said 7:36am, ok Central Standard time is 2 hours ahead of my Pacific Standard time. So that is OK.
     I think is is still on German time, which is 9 hours ahead of my PST, or 7 hours ahead of German CEST time.  Here are the screen prints.
     I also play many time between 10pm and 2am or even later, as I have Co-op players that are 3 hours apart in time difference...and I am somewhat of a night owl.  I wish they had just left the time alone.  Over the last 3 1/2 years, playing on German time has not been a problem and we were all on the same time. Since we were playing a German Game, based in Germany, I had no problem adjusting to German time, but now it is all mixed up! and full of BUGS once more!  I am also having lots of display problems since the last update!

What makes you think it's already been activated?

The Noon-3pm slot still has a Question Mark (?) so it's not activated.  Your "Happy Hour" in the quick list is counting down from 33:33, which is the time left in the 7-10AM Happy Hour (which, when you took the screenshot at 9:26, would be correct, there was still 33 minutes left to 10:00AM, based on Server Time)..

Elaborate maybe? It looks like it's supposed to in my eyes.
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    Makes it hard when time is not in our current time zone on times.   Says 7 - 10 am and doesn't start here until 8 am when I have to be at work.  I'm in the EST and apparently clock in in CTZ.

Happy Hour might be a good time to familiarize yourself with the Puffin Browser for your Android Phone (or the iPhone  equivalent), if for nothing else then to be able to log in for 10 seconds while you're at work during the Happy Hour Bonus times to ensure you maximize the weekend bonus. :)

So the Puffin browser allows you to work in your game as if you're on the PC?  You don't have to start fresh from Level 1 with a mobile version as I have in other games when playing on mobile devices?
    Makes it hard when time is not in our current time zone on times.   Says 7 - 10 am and doesn't start here until 8 am when I have to be at work.  I'm in the EST and apparently clock in in CTZ.

Happy Hour might be a good time to familiarize yourself with the Puffin Browser for your Android Phone (or the iPhone  equivalent), if for nothing else then to be able to log in for 10 seconds while you're at work during the Happy Hour Bonus times to ensure you maximize the weekend bonus. :)

So the Puffin browser allows you to work in your game as if you're on the PC?  You don't have to start fresh from Level 1 with a mobile version as I have in other games when playing on mobile devices?
    Correct. Puffin is one of the (very) few ways to run Flash Player on a mobile device, so using it you can log into your existing account on (US1).

Granted, it's VERY hard to "Play" on a 5-inch screen. Lots of scrolling around, and it's difficult to precisely click on small things like the button that brings up the chat window..

But just for logging in to get the Happy Hour bonus? Easy.  I'll also use it sometimes when I know Steve (Archie) is visiting, and I'm waiting for him to kick off an upgrade when I'm not at home.. but it's an exercise in futility to actually try and "Play" for hours on that small screen. :)
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I think if the portion of the day you can't fully log-in should be added on loyalty bonus, at least.
  • @Craftycritters (US1) I agree with Southern, your Happy hour all looks ok. 

On your second screenshot you can see a red marker pointing to the 1st happy hour which ends at 10am & it has a green checkmark on the 20% booster. It also shows the current server time as 9:31am and the blue text on the timer on the right of the screen shows you that there is 28 minutes left of the current active happy hour.
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100

Correct. Puffin is one of the (very) few ways to run Flash Player on a mobile device, so using it you can log into your existing account on (US1).

Granted, it's VERY hard to "Play" on a 5-inch screen. Lots of scrolling around, and it's difficult to precisely click on small things like the button that brings up the chat window..

But just for logging in to get the Happy Hour bonus? Easy.  I'll also use it sometimes when I know Steve (Archie) is visiting, and I'm waiting for him to kick off an upgrade when I'm not at home.. but it's an exercise in futility to actually try and "Play" for hours on that small screen. :)
    Thanks for the info Southern!!  Going to give it a try.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Don't know what I'm not doing.  I was online at the correct time -- during the whole period.  What am I missing here?

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @artful (US1) I don't think you're doing anything wrong, there isn't anything to do anyway.
    It seems to happen to more players, see this thread: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158870/happy-hour-error#latest

@artful (US1) I don't think you're doing anything wrong, there isn't anything to do anyway.
    It seems to happen to more players, see this thread: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158870/happy-hour-error#latest

Thank you, grrr!
    Don't know what I'm not doing.  I was online at the correct time -- during the whole period.  What am I missing here?

Stranger still, you've already got a Ø for today's 80% bonus?

So miss one (on Monday), you automatically don't get the top bonus for the rest of the week?
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I did not know what "Obon" was...looking it up on the internet, I discovered that it is another Japanese event....just curious, and wondering why we have so many Japanese events....why not Russian events, or Latin oriented events, or even American or African events?
    Fully agree .... was thinking the same thing. And in line with the Asian events, we continuously get Asian deco's. I know a lot of players love the Asian scenery and I respect that, but shouldn't we get to choose out of more?

I must admit that Asian isn't really my thingy .... I love the farm scene (it's a farming game right?) and would love to get/have/see more farm related (or close to farm related) deco's and 'skins'. I love the English Cottage skin (or the Dwarf Houses) for instance and would definitely use it, but I would f.i. never choose for an Asian 'skin' for my cowsheds... Nowadays I am forced to put all Asian deco's on my farms because of the VHP ... bummer!  :( 

We have so many "Asian stuff" nowadays that it's not in proportion anymore compared to any other possible scenery. So - again - shouldn't we have some more choice?

I agree also. The asian deco's and skins are not to my liking. Maybe the dev's just created them as a result of the survey, in which we were asked what theme we liked. And now we are forever stuck with them.
    Maybe all Chinese players (the largest population of any country) choose  the asian theme  in the survey :smiley:

I like the Hawaiian chickensheds, the cottage houses and camping orchards. Deco's should be smaller in height ....half the time I want to click on a barn or a field I get a popup from a deco.
    I have the teagarden and fairy tower all "hidden" on my flowerfarm, so I do not see them all the time.
    So how about some more choiches....
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Rowdy Rac said:
    I see that the test server is back......Is there something for us to test there?
    No, not at the moment  :)
    They just trow everything new directly on the live servers :-(

So miss one (on Monday), you automatically don't get the top bonus for the rest of the week?
    Don't know, Southern.  And I didn't even miss yesterday's --  I was logged on the entire time.  Even logged out and back in just to make sure -- cleared the cache and browser and everything.
  • xRedeyex (US1)xRedeyex (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    edited 09.08.2017
    Well another "event" that I can't really participate in,  I work every day of the week from 4:00 am - 15:00 pm EST so the first 2 are definitely out. I need sleep so I go to bed between 18:00 pm - 19:00 pm which gives a whooping 1 hr  to reap the benefits of whatever "bonus" it is for that day, that's if life doesn't interfere :(  and I will not get the weekend bonus, ever!  Not really complaining, just saying.  Seems to me most things in this game are geared for players who can be on all day everyday.
    Post edited by xRedeyex (US1) on
  • crf (US1)crf (US1) US1 Posts: 97
    A percent of what?  Can someone tell me what that means. I have a booster for the stables for 80% output that I apparently earned in the Happy Hours.  When I harvest my stables I don't see 80 percent. My coop give 98 eggs. I get 98 eggs. My cow shed gives me 819 milk. I get 819 milk.  Percent of what? Would love to know.  :p
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54

areeba, you can use the shift key to move things faster. Hold down shift key, click on person and equipment and across they go. No dragging

•   I am in the USA on Pacific Standard Time.  German time is 9 hours ahead of us.  i understand that the Happy Hour time is supposed to be our Server time- which appears to be set to Central Standard USA time. (We have 9 Standard time Zones in the USA & USA possessions.)  However the time is still wrong for the Happy Hour event.  

What makes you think it's already been activated? 

The Noon-3pm slot still has a Question Mark (?) so it's not activated.  Your "Happy Hour" in the quick list is counting down from 33:33, which is the time left in the 7-10AM Happy Hour (which, when you took the screenshot at 9:26, would be correct, there was still 33 minutes left to 10:00AM, based on Server Time)..

Elaborate maybe? It looks like it's supposed to in my eyes.  
    @Craftycritters (US1) I agree with Southern, your Happy hour all looks ok. 

On your second screenshot you can see a red marker pointing to the 1st happy hour which ends at 10am & it has a green checkmark on the 20% booster. It also shows the current server time as 9:31am and the blue text on the timer on the right of the screen shows you that there is 28 minutes left of the current active happy hour.
    @Southern (US1) and @WascallyWabbit  Thank you both for looking over my post and helping me with it.  I thought the next one was activated because it was bright blue and gold, not grayed out like the others.  Now I know to look for the check mark. Thanks Southern! And the red indicator too!  Thanks Wabbit! And mouse over the bonus to see what I'm getting too!  So many little things to think of!  Looks like I was wrong, thanks for your help, hope others can learn from this too. :-)  
  • aok (US1)aok (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    I too am in the Eastern Time Zone of USA.  Where I live we are currently on Daylight Savings Time and I notice that my farm clock is one hour behind my current real time.  Is this a problem that will affect Happy Hour log-ins?   If so, then:
    1.  How do I contact tech support?  I looked in the threads and the one for support seems to be a conglomeration of different topics.
    2.  How do I take a screen shot?  I'll need the step-by-step "For Dummies" version.

I may have a green thumb for gardening/farming, but when it comes to computers...
  • Don't know what I'm not doing.  I was online at the correct time -- during the whole period.  What am I missing here?

@artful (US1) @Southern (US1)

We have seen several posts saying that they were logged in for the last one & did not get a checkmark on it, this is because the 3 boosters, do not correspond specifically the 3 happy hours, so the  1st booster (the lowest %) is not for the morning HH, it is for the 1st happy hour that you are logged in for that day, which could be any one of the 3 happy hours, if you missed the ones before it.

On artful's screenshot, it would appear that 1 login was missed on Monday, (you cannot tell which one), if you were here for the last one artful, it must have been one of the earlier ones that was missed. On Tuesday, as your post was during the midday HH on the US server, I would say that you missed the morning HH and you got the 1st booster for the midday HH. You can still get the 2nd booster for the evening HH, but you cannot get the 3rd one & the bonus, which is why that one already has a 
    Ø on it.

We have seen several posts saying that they were logged in for the last one & did not get a checkmark on it, this is because the 3 boosters, do not correspond specifically the 3 happy hours, so the  1st booster (the lowest %) is not for the morning HH, it is for the 1st happy hour that you are logged in for that day, which could be any one of the 3 happy hours, if you missed the ones before it.

On artful's screenshot, it would appear that 1 login was missed on Monday, (you cannot tell which one), if you were here for the last one artful, it must have been one of the earlier ones that was missed. On Tuesday, as your post was during the midday HH on the US server, I would say that you missed the morning HH and you got the 1st booster for the midday HH. You can still get the 2nd booster for the evening HH, but you cannot get the 3rd one & the bonus, which is why that one already has a 
    Ø on it.
    @WascallyWabbit

Ah, ok - that makes sense. 

Since Art posted at 15:54, he was probably logged in during that time-slots happy hour (the 12:00-15:00 one), which activated the 20% bonus. Since there's only one more Happy Hour left for that day (18:00-21:00), he could qualify for that one (@ 40%), but since there's no way to activate the 3rd one, it puts the Ø in that one.

Makes perfect sense, but I can also see it causing confusion.. Probably going to be a question that we'll be answering a lot (and may generate a few support tickets). :)

On artful's screenshot, it would appear that 1 login was missed on Monday, (you cannot tell which one), if you were here for the last one artful, it must have been one of the earlier ones that was missed. On Tuesday, as your post was during the midday HH on the US server, I would say that you missed the morning HH and you got the 1st booster for the midday HH. You can still get the 2nd booster for the evening HH, but you cannot get the 3rd one & the bonus, which is why that one already has a Ø on it.
    thanks.
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 09.08.2017
    I am not getting credited for being on for the 3rd Happy hour? I am on for that time watering coop trees and it hasn't credited me the last 2 nights. Is this a glitch? Or am I the only one having this issue lol?
  • ter1232 (GB1)ter1232 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 4

happy hour is a bust for me as it only applies during the day and I play at night, as this is the only free time I have.

It should cover the 24 hour period of day and not just one part of the day

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Don't know what I'm not doing.  I was online at the correct time -- during the whole period.  What am I missing here?

On artful's screenshot, it would appear that 1 login was missed on Monday, (you cannot tell which one), if you were here for the last one artful, it must have been one of the earlier ones that was missed. On Tuesday, as your post was during the midday HH on the US server, I would say that you missed the morning HH and you got the 1st booster for the midday HH. You can still get the 2nd booster for the evening HH, but you cannot get the 3rd one & the bonus, which is why that one already has a Ø on it.
    Sorry to say, but that's not entirely accurate.  It may definitely be the case for some players, but not for everyone.  I am in Central Time USA.  I logged in this morning around 8:45 and received my first bonus.  Then, I left my computer on with the game still logged in to get the afternoon bonus.  When I got home this evening, I went to my farm @ 6:15, when the evening bonus was active.  At that time, my game had been logged in since the morning.  Only the first bonus was showing a checkmark.  I refreshed the page, and now I'm getting a bonus for the current timeframe, but it looks like the middle bonus was never received, even though I was logged in at the time.  So, I was logged in for 3 timeframes, but only got credit for 2.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but that is not the way this bonus was supposed to work.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I was under the impression that the HWE events would be rotated between the regular and the fishing.  Why is it showing "13th - HWE (regular)" ?  The last one we just did was the regular one.   I do not care for the regular HWEs but I certainly do enjoy the fishing HWE.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I was under the impression that the HWE events would be rotated between the regular and the fishing.  Why is it showing "13th - HWE (regular)" ?  The last one we just did was the regular one.   I do not care for the regular HWEs but I certainly do enjoy the fishing HWE.
    I noticed this as well and spread the word to my coop.  Perhaps they are trying to line things up to restart the WW event.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I noticed this as well and spread the word to my coop.  Perhaps they are trying to line things up to restart the WW event.
    I spread the word to my coop as well, just in case.  Hopefully it is an error  :D    I am not going to worry too much about any future WWCs, I was in the top 1,000 (and I was happy with that) until they put points on the WoF.  I was so completely disappointed to see that.  I really felt bad for all the people that have worked so very hard all month long, day after day, what a slap in the face it must be for many of the players, especially for many that just simply cannot afford the gold.
Sign In to comment.