Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 4th - "Happy Hour and Obon Festival" - Discussion

Comments

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Weird, got the checkmark and the booster automatically. Saw some people on the german forum with the same problem as you, don't have a clue how things can be different for different players. :o
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    This Hotfix was bad timing!  Right in the middle of the Happy Hour :( and it's taking too long.
  • KingBoy (INT1)KingBoy (INT1) Posts: 125
    edited 07.08.2017
    ANOTHER HOTFIX  BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER DO A UPDATE WITHOUT BUGS.
  • It is without sence to do a hotfix with code which is not properly tested, to try to correct an update which was, as usual, not properly tested :(
  • That's too bad - missed my only window to log on until evening due to this hot fix..
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    That's too bad - missed my only window to log on until evening due to this hot fix..
    I hate when that happens. I had the same issue once when they did maintenance just as I was trying to finish up a temp island before I left for work. I feel your pain.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Since the hotfix, my CC info has gone haywire. The correct ranking is shown in the league table but on the coop info page it shows that we have collected no rep points and are currently 373 in the league, whereas we are sitting at 74.  Have cleared cache and done the usual but it is still the same. Does anyone else have this happening ?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Happy hour oh yeah.....

Due to not being able to log in during work-hours and by that missing one of the three five days a week, I am now and forever stamped as not loyal since I do not have a chance of getting loyalty bonus. Thank you very much heh. Sure know how to put a player down.

Logging in and playing the game every day, morning and evening, buying occasionally gold, doing a little PR for the game amongst friends is not enough. Loyalty depends on whether one can log in 3 times a day and play.... or not. Nothing else. Sure wish you had chosen another word for that bonus! As is I sit here and am offended.

I do not know what the bonus is called in other languages, but in Norwegian it´s called: lojalitetsbonus. Which translates to loyalty bonus.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    One thing I just noticed is that the Loyalty Bar at the bottom isn't displaying properly - I've got 2 checkmarks (in the 50% and 100% column) and the popup above the bar shows I'll get an extra 4%, but the bar itself shows 0/20..

Not sure what that's supposed to tell me, it's a bit confusing.

@Southern (US1) You need to fill up all 3 slots to get the 4%, if you can do that 5 days in a row you'll be able to choose a 20% weekend booster. (just filled my 3rd slot)
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    This is again not a thing for working people, if we can not log ind in working hours, we also miss our weekend bonus.....sounds not fair!
    If I read it correctly, you get the weekend booster by logging in once a day, you can improve the booster by up to 20% by logging in (or be logged in) during all 3 in a day.
    I could be wrong, I've read the pop up tekst 3 times now and that is what I make of it.

Maybe @WascallyWabbit could confirm this?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    It is 7:47 on the server.  Happy Hour is active (or so it seems).  It has been for 47 minutes now.  I have fished and harvested fish from Oleg.  I cannot tell that anything is occurring..........
    @gavinfarms (US1) Do you have an FXP booster showing as active at the top of your screen?
    I meant that nothing changes in the HH dialogue box.
    We have this new Worldwide CHampionship Wheel of Fortune.  Will it be coming every day or so like the CC Wheel does?
    If I read it correctly, you get the weekend booster by logging in once a day, you can improve the booster by up to 20% by logging in (or be logged in) during all 3 in a day.
    I could be wrong, I've read the pop up tekst 3 times now and that is what I make of it.

Maybe @WascallyWabbit could confirm this?

This is an important question.....is logging in during all three slots, all that we have to do to get the max weekend reward?
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    If you have a check under the Happy Hour time period does that mean you got credit for logging in?  Or just that the time period is over?  I have 2 checkmarks for the 1st two time periods today, am still in the 3rd time period but it has a 'no' symbol under it (circle/slash). I think I understand the workings of the event but am confused by the display graphics.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    If you have a check under the Happy Hour time period does that mean you got credit for logging in?  Or just that the time period is over?  I have 2 checkmarks for the 1st two time periods today, am still in the 3rd time period but it has a 'no' symbol under it (circle/slash). I think I understand the workings of the event but am confused by the display graphics.
    I'm confused as well.  My checkmarks have shown up after it's left the happy hour time frame.
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    Question on Fishing XP Booster.  If I;m reading it correctly the booster is for fishing and building, not producing.  So no effect on Mermaid Bay, and that's cool.

However, as I'm tracking my Fishing XPs I see no effect for Deep Sea Fishing, only an effect when building/upgrading boats is completed.

Is this working as intended?  And if so, how do we get the Fishing XPs for fishing?

Thanks!
  • cavsfan (US1)cavsfan (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    The HH is messed up. I didn't get credit for 3rd section. I logged in & played during all 3 time frames. Was logged in from 19:30 til now and this is what it's showing:  I even did some extra manual fishing to take advantage of the booster. Very ticked off!
  • @cavsfan (US1) not sure why your login didn't register at the Happy Hour meter, could be a glitch, should probably ask support for assistance.
    One thing I have noticed from your screenshot is the "happy hour" time and your computer's time in right bottom corner are not the same.  Could it be you logged-in later than you thought?  
    I got similar issue with my clock for Happy Hour , Im in the EST-timezone & the clock is one hour behind my real time.  Either or my bonuses did register - I refreshed the game during the last time 18pm to 21pm, as I was logged in beforehand. Check with support if they can fix it .
    The HH is messed up. I didn't get credit for 3rd section. I logged in & played during all 3 time frames. Was logged in from 19:30 til now and this is what it's showing:  I even did some extra manual fishing to take advantage of the booster. Very ticked off!
    This is exactly how my page looks, too, (except my computer time matches).  Ex-ed out 3rd section.

I apparently did it correctly.  I did also collect fish xp from Oleg at least once during each interval, in case that was required.

I apparently did it correctly.  I did also collect fish xp from Oleg at least once during each interval, in case that was required.
    You certainly did do it correctly.  I'll take a cattle prod to old Oleg and see if he'll pony up the FXPs ... I have been working him to death with no results.  
  • aok (US1)aok (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    I too am in the Eastern Time Zone of USA.  Where I live we are currently on Daylight Savings Time and I notice that my farm clock is one hour behind my current real time.  Is this a problem that will affect Happy Hour log-ins?   If so, then:
    1.  How do I contact tech support?  I looked in the threads and the one for support seems to be a conglomeration of different topics.
    2.  How do I take a screen shot?  I'll need the step-by-step "For Dummies" version.

I may have a green thumb for gardening/farming, but when it comes to computers...
    We have this new Worldwide CHampionship Wheel of Fortune.  Will it be coming every day or so like the CC Wheel does?
    GGS, can you answer this one?
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54

I wonder how many players on the US server don't actually live in the US? There's at least 6 in my coop alone. I live on the east coast of Australia but play on the US server.The new Happy hour is fun especially with the midday one starting at 1am in the morning here. I figured I'd still be okay, the info said that as long as you were logged in at the time of the happy hour you'd qualify for it. So I left my computer running and stayed logged on, only for an update to run after I went to bed and put me offline missing the bonus. GGS, if you're going to do a hotfix, can you let us know on the main game screen with more than an hour's notice, instead of burying info on the forum.

• Rose1979 (US1)Rose1979 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    Makes it hard when time is not in our current time zone on times.   Says 7 - 10 am and doesn't start here until 8 am when I have to be at work.  I'm in the EST and apparently clock in in CTZ.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    The Happy Hour event works on the Big Farm clock time which is US Central Time... this is for anyone who is on the US1 server... 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Makes it hard when time is not in our current time zone on times.   Says 7 - 10 am and doesn't start here until 8 am when I have to be at work.  I'm in the EST and apparently clock in in CTZ.

Happy Hour might be a good time to familiarize yourself with the Puffin Browser for your Android Phone (or the iPhone  equivalent), if for nothing else then to be able to log in for 10 seconds while you're at work during the Happy Hour Bonus times to ensure you maximize the weekend bonus. :)

Sign In to comment.