Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Deep sea Market

Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499

We will have to do some adjustments to the Deepsea fishing area - a new market, specifically for it, is on the way where you will be able to trade fish and dishes for special items as well as dollars.
What? Adjustments? :)

Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    new things are coming.... :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Possibly adjusting down how much we earn? Just to confirm though...

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    they're gonna nerf the money you make imo

very short sighted on their part for many reasons

they finally do something right and then take it away, so dumb
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    In GGS speak, "adjustments" never mean anything good.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Rut Roe Shaggy.

Take aim!

edited 07.08.2017
    Well, if they create a real type of market with price changes depending on supply and demand, it might make it interesting. I had a feeling this wouldn't last because there is no more incentive to buy gold to get land expansions for instance since you can easily make the money to buy them. In fact that is what I have been doing.

If they wanted to hinder how easy it is to make money, they could have simply raised the game level requirements by about 50 levels for the boats and maybe added fishing level requirements as well.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 07.08.2017
    "Adjustment " that is always scary, I have never seen a good adjustment, no matter what they say.
  • Lets hope they will not decrease the cost of fishes.  o:)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Here it comes.....the rebalancing of deep sea fishing, knew it was too good to be true
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.  I will keep fishing and saving for as long as I can until I see what these adjustments are.
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    Rut Roe Shaggy.

Take aim!

Weeeell.....We also have guns... we know how to defend ourselves!
  • Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87
    edited 07.08.2017

Now if this so called " adjustments  " really means that they are going to cut our profits from deep sea fishing

they better not do it , and we " Players " should have our say to prevent it.

I can state many ways that I am as a player " adjusted " my game play style depending on the fish selling prices

and have no intention or well to change that, I really do not like to through empty threats but I really would consider stop playing the game all together if it become as hard as it was b4 

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Pichu said:
    R U sure ? ? ? :)

@Pichu Any pre-release notes as to why and how? Too many dollars flooding the system? :)

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    ......... I had a feeling this wouldn't last because there is no more incentive to buy gold to get land expansions for instance since you can easily make the money to buy them........ 

no more incentive to buy gold ? There is all the incentive that I can see, because more people are active, they  buy land and build, they make progress which is visible and use gold to round this all up, to skip construction time for example and move on to the next project

The fishing area is the game changer that was needed and that would be helping the lower level players get their farms and focus on events 

So far instead those levels 40-80 are a grey area, progress with farms encounters a bottleneck that discourages many players who in the end quit the game. The fishing area was exactly what was needed for them to get out of the hole

edited 07.08.2017
    Pichu said:

@Pichu Any pre-release notes as to why and how? Too many dollars flooding the system? :)

I have a feeling that is exactly why they are adjusting it.  I don't think they were expecting people to make this much money.    At any rate even if they do change it, it won't stop me from playing the game.  I will just adjust my game play accordingly like I always do.  I will be disappointed, but oh well, what can you do.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree, the deep sea fishing was one of the very few good additions to the game and should be left alone. Why change something that the majority of players are very happy with? There's been hardly any negativity about it and after assurances from mods and devs that the most profitable part of big farm would be left alone here we are now with unwanted "adjustments" weeks away

Why not "adjust" the village, better yet can it completely because as a 3-4 year player the village is by far the worst thing thats ever been added to the game.
    I agree, the deep sea fishing was one of the very few good additions to the game and should be left alone. Why change something that the majority of players are very happy with? There's been hardly any negativity about it and after assurances from mods and devs that the most profitable part of big farm would be left alone here we are now with unwanted "adjustments" weeks away

Why not "adjust" the village, better yet can it completely because as a 3-4 year player the village is by far the worst thing thats ever been added to the game.

I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst! LOL  But I agree it has been one of the best additions they have added so far.   The village is nothing but a bust as far as I'm concerned.
  • Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87
    Pichu said:

I have a feeling that is exactly why they are adjusting it.  I don't think they were expecting people to make this much money.    At any rate even if they do change it, it won't stop me from playing the game.  I will just adjust my game play accordingly like I always do.  I will be disappointed, but oh well, what can you do.

We can start by saying NO and let them know that we mean it, they may stop it if they knows the majority of players are not accepting it. and not showing them that we will submit to that
    Pichu said:

We can start by saying NO and let them know that we mean it, they may stop it if they knows the majority of players are not accepting it. and not showing them that we will submit to that

Yes we can, but we don't even know yet what they are adjusting?  I can't see it going back to the way it was before they had the deep sea fishing, I can see them making it harder to make the money we have been making.  But who knows what they have planned.  I have yet to see saying NO to GGS stop them from going ahead with what they have planned for the game.  But there is certainly nothing wrong with trying.
    edited 07.08.2017
    A wildly speculative guess is a new Fish Market building with 80 levels which costs a ridiculous amount of farm cash; each level gives a slight increase to how much we can get from fish. The price of DS fish will start off much lower than currently is.
    A wildly speculative guess is a new Fish Market building with 80 levels which costs a ridiculous amount of farm cash; each level gives a slight increase to how much we can get from fish. The price of DS fish will start off much lower than currently is.
    Oh Rusty, don't give them bad ideas. :) I think they are all just pacing the floor, scratching their heads (some pulling their hair if any left yet), with puzzled look on their faces expressing  "what have we done? How do we fix this?" desperately searching forums for some ideas. So hush! Keep it to yourself. :):):)
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    Well, if they create a real type of market with price changes depending on supply and demand, it might make it interesting. I had a feeling this wouldn't last because there is no more incentive to buy gold to get land expansions for instance since you can easily make the money to buy them. In fact that is what I have been doing.

If they wanted to hinder how easy it is to make money, they could have simply raised the game level requirements by about 50 levels for the boats and maybe added fishing level requirements as well.
    you quote one example where gold wont be used anymore due to the fishing money (and you're probably right on that point)

but there's a whole slew of reasons why the increased income afforded by the dockyard will actually keep players playing and the more players BF has, the more likely gold spending will increase

an obvious example is that more players are inclined to try the temp farms now, seeing as they dont feel they'll bankrupt themselves doing so, and along with that im sure gold spent by players as a whole doing the temp farms has increased

if GGS want to reduce the number of players actively playing the game it's pretty easy, keep introducing elements players are unhappy about and nerf the ones they actually like...
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Better "rake in" the deep sea fishing bucks while you can!  If GGS adjusts the sell price...we are in for it!
    edited 07.08.2017
    I'm just curious what they decided to come up with. Farming economy is gone forever so they can't fix it any more. But they might make it a bit more interesting and balanced again. From that point of view no need to rake in anything. Just shame that @Pichu doesn't want to share any pre-release secrets with us. :):):) Probably too bussy rebuilding office fortification before upcomming war. :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I'm just curious what they decided to come up with. Farming economy is gone forever so they can't fix it any more. But they might make it a bit more interesting and balanced again. From that point of view no need to rake in anything. Just shame that @Pichu doesn't want to share any pre-release secrets with us. :):):) Probably too bussy rebuilding office fortification before upcomming war. :)
    Hopefully
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    Hey there,

I cant share any information beforehand! I am sorry :/

Cheers
    Pichu

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 07.08.2017
    Pichu said:
    Rut Roe Shaggy.

Take aim!

Hey Pichu. :)

Just wanted to clarify, since I'm not sure how well that pic works in Germany - but that's a "Nerf Gun", and I was commenting on the fact that "The Programmers" were taking aim at "Nerfing" the money earned from fishing. :)

"Nerfing" is a term that's used in the gaming world to indicate that something is being "Reduced" in power or ability, or an effect on the economy. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerfing_(gaming)

Anyway, just wanted to make that clear, because I wasn't sure how well acquainted you were with the "Nerf" term - I'm an old-school MMORPG player and I've had characters nerfed more times than I can count! :)

Just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.. Although if ya'll want a nerf gun war, count me in! :)

• to be honest even though i make around 50 million dollars a day from the boats and now have all the plots on 2 of my farms this part of the game has more or less killed off the flower farm for me as i only used that farm to make dollars now its redundant, and just sending boats out to basically catch dollars has started to bore me a bit, the fishing equipment is wasted as i never use any as its a waste of a slot, i make 192k fishing xp  every day making lobster chum which makes leveling up really easy, there is  zero skill  involved in the deep sea fishing and does seem to be a total waste of a part of the game that could and should be more challenging, ok i would miss the huge amount of dollars i now make but at the same time i would like it to be more interesting so im happy to take a hit on the dollars if they do it right and make it more interesting to play, new market sounds good and doing  stuff with products we make, i like the fact i can play this part of the game using  zero gold and i hope GGS dont decide to abuse this part of the game like they do the CC with gold use, i look forward to this update with a little excitement but also a feeling of dred as we all know sometimes^^ GGS can really make a mess when they change things for the "better", i also think the village should be burnt to the ground and reworked,

lets hope GGS think about the players instead of the gold they can make when the fishing is changed :))
    Pichu said:
    Hey there,

I cant share any information beforehand! I am sorry :/

Cheers
    Pichu
    Just whisper it in my ear. I won't tell anybody. Promiss. :):)
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    Keeping my fingers crossed for an interesting and challenging market and NO change to the deep sea fishing profitability and current fish pricing.  GGS needed the deep sea fishing to be a popular addition after the poor reception of the village, and so many co-ops not participating in the village or parts of it even now after several months.  The deep sea fishing has been so enjoyable and has allowed me to make upgrades more quickly - upgrades that I would not have made with gold.  I still use gold when needed to decrease upgrade and harvest times, and decrease DSF travel times.  I spent more gold building my temp farm this time than in the past.  The extra cash has made the game more enjoyable by far.  

And Southern - that's SOME nerf gun - LOL.  B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file