Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 4th - "Happy Hour and Obon Festival" - Discussion

Comments

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    JVD (US1) said:
    @artful (US1) and I have noticed the boat schedule has changed as well... it is going to leave our dock at 2pm ET instead of arriving at 1pm ET.... so the shedule is off an hour and has been reversed... it used to come in at 1pm ET....

I just don't know... LOL
    As far as I understood Yarnacle will be following the schedule of each server Before arrived at 7am and 7pm CEST, now it is supposed to arrive at 7am and 7pm server time, I think. In the UK server is at least arriving 1 hour later than usual which makes sense given the previous statement.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It's possible that the US server time is not adjusting with daylight savings time, and thus it's always set to non-daylight savings time regardless of the time of year.  I suppose we'll have to wait until fall before we know for sure.
    LOL!  Probably!

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I hope it stays Central Standard Time not Eastern Standard Time. That is the best (most fair) way to even out the zones in the US.
    Think about it.  It means the hidden events/new day won't start for people on the East Coast until 1am.  Not sure how this is more fair.

If the clock starts at midnight Eastern time, which it has been for eons now, Central will start at 11, Mountain will start at 10 pm, and Pacific at 9pm --- seems to be the most fair. 

I agree @artful don't understand MRG comment at all, all the time zones in US are better than ESt as they start earlier for them. 
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    The happy hour system discriminates against "night shift farmers" - people who regularly farm in the night time of their server, and such people are a great asset to a coop keeping it working 24/7.

To be fair there should be an extra happy hour (say) 2am - 5am and full score for being there three out of four time slots.
    I agree with these...ggs should make a bonus for graveyard shift farmers...:)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784

As far as I understood Yarnacle will be following the schedule of each server Before arrived at 7am and 7pm CEST, now it is supposed to arrive at 7am and 7pm server time, I think. In the UK server is at least arriving 1 hour later than usual which makes sense given the previous statement.
    Yep, that is what it is doing :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 06.08.2017
    Really cause it is 8 and 8 for me  EST 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Really cause it is 8 and 8 for me  EST 
    yep, which is 7 and 7 BF Time which is central time :)
    JVD (US1) said:

A friend of mine who is on Central Time says he is showing up at 10am/pm.  She just checked the timer in the Village and it confirms he's due to show up at 10pm.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    JVD (US1) said:

A friend of mine who is on Central Time says he is showing up at 10am/pm.  She just checked the timer in the Village and it confirms he's due to show up at 10pm.
    Then the boat probably wasn't fully repaired when it left the last time.  That delays his arrival time. Doesn't affect his leaving time, though.
    JVD (US1) said:

Then the boat probably wasn't fully repaired when it left the last time.  That delays his arrival time. Doesn't affect his leaving time, though.
    I'll ask her.  Our coop doesn't have the jetty going
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 07.08.2017
    JVD (US1) said:
    no matter what the time, not everyone will be happy... very hard to please everyone... 

let's just see how it goes.... for now the BF clock is only being used for the new Happy Hour login.... but who knows what else it will be used for eventually.

Ain't that the truth.   There is no way to please everyone here no matter how hard they try.
    Post edited by maxiroy (US1) on
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151

From Official Announcements

This new system will be available starting on Monday, August the 7th.

Each booster is linked to a different server time, during which you can claim them simply by logging in:

Morning (e.g. 07:00-10:00)

Noon (12:00-15:00)

Evening (18:00-21:00)

According to my Big Farm clock its now 7.42 on Monday 7th August but there is no sign of Happy Hour

Each booster is linked to a different server time, during which you can claim them simply by logging in:

According to my Big Farm clock its now 7.42 on Monday 7th August but there is no sign of Happy Hour

Well, the Official Announcement says " Morning (e.g. 07:00-10:00)" -- "e.g" meaning, it's just an example.

Well, the Official Announcement says " Morning (e.g. 07:00-10:00)" -- "e.g" meaning, it's just an example.
    It's on (US1) right now, but there's no bonus since it's the weekend and it wasn't on during the week to build up the weekend bonuses.  But hopefully we'll see it start giving us some bonuses in the morning. :)

• That's great - the testing of the Happy Hour went "unhappy" and got kicked-out of the US1 server during the mission at Co-op Championship.
    I think there will be a lot of unhappy players, if the server doesn't reboot to let us log back in :(
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    Thank you Southern - I hadn't looked there
    edited 07.08.2017
    Okay.  It's here.  I'm logged in.  Nothing is happening. At. All. :)

Never mind.  Apparently nothing is supposed to happen until tomorrow.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Hey these booster are not at good timing I can't get any of these :(
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    Question:  Since it's supposed to start Monday, Aug 7th, but Happy Hour SideBar clock showed up tonight, Sunday, am I wrong in thinking that the Happy Hour was to occur during our Server times?  Or is the sidebar just early and will be working as intended tomorrow?

Second Question:  When clicking on Happy Hour side bar timer it states Monday's bonus is extra Fishing XP and Building XP.  So updgrading and fishing during those times will earn extra XP.   Is that correct?

Thanks!

kwk (US1) said:
    Question:  Since it's supposed to start Monday, Aug 7th, but Happy Hour SideBar clock showed up tonight, Sunday, am I wrong in thinking that the Happy Hour was to occur during our Server times?  Or is the sidebar just early and will be working as intended tomorrow?

Second Question:  When clicking on Happy Hour side bar timer it states Monday's bonus is extra Fishing XP and Building XP.  So updgrading and fishing during those times will earn extra XP.   Is that correct?

Thanks!

1) As near as I can figure, yes.

2) Yep. That's for Fishing XP only though, so "Building" is probably only going to apply to building & upgrading BOATS; that's the only thing we can "Build" that generates Fishing XP.  "Producing" things (Mermaid Bay, Dockyard Chum, etc) won't count for the extra XP.
  • angelical (US1)angelical (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    The happy hour system discriminates against "night shift farmers" - people who regularly farm in the night time of their server, and such people are a great asset to a coop keeping it working 24/7.

To be fair there should be an extra happy hour (say) 2am - 5am and full score for being there three out of four time slots.
    agreed- I get home after midnight and while I theoretically could spend the two hours before I go to work on the computer I usually only have time to make one harvest cycle on all the farms and start the next harvest because of my real garden and animals.  at night I get on Big Farm to relax before bed so it would be nice to get the same opportunities in my "evening" that others get in theirs

Thanks!
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    Did anyone see a start time/day mentioned for the Obon festival event? I just re-read the OA and didn't see one.  
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Provisional date  is the 11th August , but might change .
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    I do not fully understand the Happy Hour..  I have not been able to play.  How do I sign in ??  I hit on the check mark but still nothing happens.  Please explain this to me
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    You don't have to do anything, only log in (or be logged in) to the game in the time slot.
    The booster will come into action. today it is fish XP.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    It is 7:47 on the server.  Happy Hour is active (or so it seems).  It has been for 47 minutes now.  I have fished and harvested fish from Oleg.  I cannot tell that anything is occurring..........
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 07.08.2017
    From what I understand, all you do is login during the happy hour times.  That it is not necessary to do anything.  If you login for all 3 happy hours, the bonus will increase. If you login for all 3 happy hours all 5 days during the weeks you get an added bonus to the bonuses you receive.  So it seems is not necessary to fish or harvest or build to actually get any bonuses. (unless of course a special bonus is running (which is available to everyone) and you want the extra bonus)

Edit:  One thing I noticed, is that we DO have to log out and log back in to earn the happy hour bonus and to activate any active bonus during that time.  I thought we did not have to do this if we were already logged in?
    Post edited by Shay1968 (US1) on
  • It is 7:47 on the server.  Happy Hour is active (or so it seems).  It has been for 47 minutes now.  I have fished and harvested fish from Oleg.  I cannot tell that anything is occurring..........
    @gavinfarms (US1) Do you have an FXP booster showing as active at the top of your screen?
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    From what I understand, all you do is login during the happy hour times.  That it is not necessary to do anything.  If you login for all 3 happy hours, the bonus will increase. If you login for all 3 happy hours all 5 days during the weeks you get an added bonus to the bonuses you receive.  So it seems is not necessary to fish or harvest or build to actually get any bonuses. (unless of course a special bonus is running (which is available to everyone) and you want the extra bonus)

Edit:  One thing I noticed, is that we DO have to log out and log back in to earn the happy hour bonus and to activate any active bonus during that time.  I thought we did not have to do this if we were already logged in?
    You really don't have to log out and in again, I was logged in when the afternoon Happy Hour started and the booster appeared without doing anything.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I didn't have anything. No check mark and no booster.  I had to log out and log back in to get the check mark and to activate the booster.
Sign In to comment.