Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Standalone Flash Player

Hi Farmers!

After the HTML5 switch the standalone Flash player will no longer function after a while. Initially it may still work and you may still be able to play the game, but by the end of February this will no longer be a possibility. Please make sure you have upgraded your browser to the latest version in order to get the most out of the HTML5 version of the game. We apologise to those who enjoyed using the standalone Flash player but unfortunately Flash is no longer supported and as a result the Flash player will also not function any longer.

Your Community Team

Comments

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 09.09.2018
    Hello Big Farmers !

We have a suggestion to help you play Big Farm in a faster environment and it's as safe as playing in your browser!

This is the same flash player that you are using when you play on Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, Edge or any other browser but it works without the need of any browser and therefore the performance of Big Farm should see a benefit and your experience should be a lot smoother.

How to use it:
    1. Click on this LINK a separate flash player will download on your computer. [Clicking the link will automatically start the download].
    2. Open the file and select "Run" to open the Flash Player.
    3. Select File-->Open and in the window that appears paste this link: https://media.goodgamestudios.com/games/ranch/goodgameranch.swf
    4. Click "OK" and Big Farm will start loading!

We hope this will improve your experience in Big Farm even more 

Disclaimer: Any action in-game that would usually open a new window or tab (buying gold, clicking the forum or support buttons for example) will open a new browser window outside of this flash player. In the case you are purchasing gold do not worry, the gold will be added to your account as usual.

Disclaimer 2 : If you want to use the standalone flash player instead of the browser plugin please be aware of the fact that you cannot profit anymore from the security systems the browser provides. Therefore you are responsible for implementing enough security mechanisms on your pc.
    We cannot take any responsibility for problems which may occur on your pc by using this tip!

Best Regards,
    Your Community Team

Edit:  Disclaimer 2 added
    Edit: Download link updated from version 26 to 27 (28/9/17)
    Edit:  Download link changed to version 29  (09.04.2018)
    Edit: Download link changed to version 30 (23.06.18)
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    edited 05.08.2017
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @FarmerCli (US1)

You will need to manually access the new flash player each time after closing it.  The best thing to do is re-download it but when you get the prompt, instead of clicking "Run", click the arrow up icon and click "Save As" and save it to your Desktop.  Each time you will have access to it from your Desktop. You can then simply click on it and click "Run".  After it opens you would click on the file tab, in the list there should be the address listed for BF, simply click that and it will take you to the game.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Ok, great, thanks...I will try that!
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I am running this URL in a chromium-based browser , and it has transformed the game, no lag at all, harvest fields as fast as you can click , thank you Rowdy  :):):)
  • i tried this and things took a lot longer to load up, it may work for some but not for  all

but anything is worth a try i guess.

the game seems fine to me using chrome after i followed the info on disabling the throttle thing  :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I am running the game on the new Flash Player window and I love it! Not only is there no lag but the farms look so much nicer now, so bright and clear. Thank you @WascallyWabbit

I found this to work very well to reload the game in the new Flash Player window...

Right-click on the Flash Player icon down on my Taskbar and select "Pin this program to taskbar".
    now while your on the game with the new Flash Player window
    To open the game again clicked on the pined Flash Player icon and selected "Run" from that window.
    Then when next window opens click on "File" and selected the #1 link listed at the bottom.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 03.08.2017
    I love it!!! totally agree with @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) !!!   Also all the icons are smaller and I have a bigger playing field so to speak!!! It is like playing in full screen mode with the ability to chat!  ;)

Thanks Techs and @Rowdy Rac
    CrazyBigFarm55, I did what you suggested and pinned the separate flash player to the task bar....works like a charm....just hope it continues to do so!  <3 
    You maybe right...my internet speed is 60 Mbps.  I am just sorry it does not work for you!  :'(  But I hope you have no lag problems in the usual way you play and are happy without the new Adobe Flash player anyway!
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    @WascallyWabbit  Thank you!  This works great and a lot less lag!  

I know I addressed WascallyWabbit...but it should have been RowdyRac....I appologize...forgive me for not giving credit where credit is due!  :p
    I note that playing this way uses a lot of memory resources.... so be sure your device can handle it!
    I checked and so far it looks like the CPU usage is 20% to 6% and the Memory is about 56%....this game is the only thing I use this laptop for, so I think I am fine.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
     Super fast harvested,. Thank you RowdyRac.
    I hope this remains so and you do not need to login again and again
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just another quick tip - if you've pinned the Flash Player to your START menu, you can edit the "Properties" and modify the "Target" line to add the https://media.goodgamestudios.com/games/ranch/goodgameranch.swf to the end of it, then all you have to do is click on that shortcut to launch BF automatically.  In my case, it would read:

"C:\Program Files\Flash Standalone Player\flashplayer_27_sa.exe" https://media.goodgamestudios.com/games/ranch/goodgameranch.swf

Your "C:\Program Files" folder will probably different (plus I'm running the 27 Beta), so don't worry about that part of it - just add the https://media.goodgamestudios.com/games/ranch/goodgameranch.swf to the end of whatever yours is, on the "Target" line:

You can see where I added it at the end of the line, right after the closing quotation mark "

Just a shortcut so you don't have to copy/paste the URL every time. :)

• Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    @WascallyWabbit  Thank you!  This works great and a lot less lag!  

change that - @Rowdy Rac  Thank you!
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158493/tech-tips-separate-flash-player
    Awesome - it took it a few  moments to load - back in the 80's early 90's we worked flash into our websites and banners used the old flash player to see them b4 uploading to servers - This works as well if not better than fire fox still took it a few to get the messenger and coop working - but it is rugged and working for me - I will test it for 5 hours continuous hours of play and let you ya know if i had to re boot it or refresh it - thats what counts in the CC games if you lag out or refresh and loose mission time or points- thanks for this it will be another tool to help -
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    tried this. DID NOT WORK
    well, duh, wrong categorie!
    tried it. Does not work. 
    edited 05.08.2017
    see this thread maybe there are some tips for you that will help make it work!  works like a  charm for me...
  • HeritageLady (US1)HeritageLady (US1) Posts: 44
    edited 04.08.2017
    I am finding that this new method of loading the game is causing a disruption in the watering of the trees. I watered a tree using Firefox, then loaded the game using Flash Player and find the tree is still not showing as having been watered and I get this error message when I try to water it again:

errorCode_CANNOT_CHARGE

Support-Info:
    Command: PBAllianceAlliancetreeChargeResponse
    ErrorCode: 3
    Timestamp: 1501860301
    Zone: 6
    PID:3720371

I continued to try and water the trees in Flash Player, but they are still not showing as being watered. It is now impossible to keep track of which trees still need to be watered.

I am wondering if this problem is caused the recent update instead of using Flash Player.

The problem you are experiencing @HeritageLady (US1) is not related to the separate flash player.  
    A bug slipped in during the update earlier today and is causing the problem with the watering of trees.
    Here is some more info ....   Cannot water Co-op Trees
  • Thank you @Rowdy Rac. I found the other discussion after posting my comment.
    edited 04.08.2017
    Uh Oh, RowdyRac, it is time to call the Pest Control to zap that bug that slipped in with the update!  :*  :D
  • very good
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Wow this works like charm!  so much faster.
  • GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    only works with windows 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    only works with windows 
    I think there are flash player versions out there for Linux/Macintosh too.

There are.

You can find them here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

This discussion has been closed.