Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 6th - Worldwide Championship (WWC), New Horse Season and more! - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    JVD (US1) said:
    no prize because we are 6th overall at the moment... but who knows how it will end up...

and I would not like to see it repeated immediately.... give some time between so we can take a break and enjoy the moment... smell a few roses etc...

It just captures your regular farming, so I don't see how this event, makes our farm life any harder...............

I agree, I am farming like I normally do.  Not doing anything different, however I am not gunning to be number 1 or top 1000 either.

Great!.  I am really, really hoping that it starts over in time to capture the next temp farm.....or at least that they do make us wait until the next temp farm ends.  That would be horrible.  Even if it stretched across parts of differing temp farms, that would be fine.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 31.07.2017
    Personally am very neutral about this event saw nothing bad or particularly good and if people would quit worrying about who spent what gold that would be great. People this is a company that is out to make money and if people want to buy their points let them why worry yourselves and get all bent out  of shape over it.   Now they can run this event 24/7 and if they could make enough cash to put the CC back to once a month I would be really joyful.  

• Shay1968 (US1) s@waszawa15

@WascallyWabbit   I would like to know if the US server is counting the Island points properly.  If it is not setup or displayed properly there may also be a problem with the points.  I certainly do not have 8 tabs for the island and 8 possible ways to collect points. Although I just recently started the island, it does not seem to be making much of a difference in the amount of points I have.

Edit: Thank you @Bufo (AU1) for posting the screenshots of what it should be showing.

Edited again:  That is from the Island tabs.  I was referring to the WWC tabs.
    @Shay1968 (US1) It is correct that there are 2 tabs for the Event points, but instead of each tab having a different text,  the text for the weekly events is showing on both. As I posted before, the correct texts were in the OA, you get points from the Temporary farm by collecting shells, (the amounts shown in Bufo's post).
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

I will be the first to admit that I wasn't at all keen on the idea of the WWC but am now enjoying it very much and will miss it when it ends.

Alright I won't finish in the top 100 - or even top 200 lol - but it has kept me farming at times when I would have just logged in, harvested and planted, done the boats, then logged out again.  I haven't spent any gold on it, have just farmed in my normal way, but have had plenty of rewards for just everyday farming.

Thank you GGS (you never thought you would hear me say that, did you ;) ) and hope that it won't be too long before it appears again.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 03.08.2017
    That is what I was referring to more than gold use within the missions. The 250k rep points per X amount of gold bought was in once again during the final hours of the last CC. There also seems to be a significant drop in the fuku coins drop rate since last update and that event itself is offering 10 million rep points as a reward for 1st place and run during the CC. I also had special offers with WWC coins up for sale and expect GGS will take it even further and offer WWC points for purchase in the last few days of the world championship event. Sure GGS wants to make money but the promotion of "who buys wins" is getting ridiculous....shameful behaviour from what has become a very greedy company lately.
    @gizmo22 (AU1)

This is exactly why I dont like these types of events, Shinkei school or even the WoF

First of all they do have a scent of gambling, and second, but even more annoying, events can never be what they look like when they are presented.  GGS has to add the special twist, has to use them to offer players to buy their position, buy reputation points, buy the position in the ranking, instead of giving you a game to play they give you a game to buy

• KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    Just wanted to share this with those of you who took on the Level 7 in the Mysterious Asia event.  Having "real life" keep me away from the game I struggled to complete the darn cranes.  Finally my silo was ready, always good for 400 cranes, happy dance time, click, oops, not this time.  I landed 1 short, lol.  It took 4 chicken coops before I got that last rascally crane and finally finished..woohoo!

edited 04.08.2017
    Question....

When I fill the boat on the Flower Farm for Captain Barnacle, do I get more WW Horse points if I choose to donate more fruit.  Example, I can choose to donate 150 grapefruit, or I can use the arrow tab, to increase that to over 5000.  Are the Horse points greater if I choose the higher amount?
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    Question....

When I fill the boat on the Flower Farm for Captain Barnacle, do I get more WW Horse points if I choose to donate more fruit.  Example, I can choose to donate 150 grapefruit, or I can use the arrow tab, to increase that to over 5000.  Are the Horse points greater if I choose the higher amount?
    yes
    Where is the Hawaii event ? .....it should have started overnight.....
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Where is the Hawaii event ? .....it should have started overnight.....
    see: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/139945/mod-news-bulletin#latest
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment.
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 04.08.2017
    Having a tough week in my real life, so I let the others steal the top 5. The last week would deciding who is the best farmer in top 5 position.
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Looks like  the weekend fireworks   booster is boosting WWC points as well as the themed event drops :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 07.08.2017
    Here's the info for Hint of Hawaii Level 7 that I have so far.

(Will update as I go through the stages.  Seashells are going to take me a while.)

Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • Wunderblume (DE1)Wunderblume (DE1) DE1 Posts: 508
    Level 7 requires twice the amount as for level 6. Means 60,400 apples to collect and 8,400 blossoms to find :wink: Don't have further information about the rewards.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Level 7 requires twice the amount as for level 6. Means 60,400 apples to collect and 8,400 blossoms to find :wink: Don't have further information about the rewards.
    Probably, but I don't add them to the spreadsheet until I confirm it. :)

Here's to Nature had a different amount in Stage 6 between Level 6 and Level 7. That may have just been a typo on GGS's part though. :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I have a question:  Can anyone please tell me if the fireworks booster increases the WWC points.  I am sure this has been asked and also answered but PLEASE don't make me go back and read through all those pages.

Thanks
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    Well, this one is in particularly bad taste. With the CC wheel you know it's there from the start, I've never even looked at the prizes you can win for top players. But it's bad enough that the top coop-players get thousands of WWC points, now they put on a WWC wheel in the last few days.
    Someone has just "spun" himself into the top 4 in my competition by gathering 60.000 points, the rest of us have to struggle to get that in a week!
    Just when we thought we'd survived the booster buyers.
    It does not matter ho big your farm is,but ho deep your pockets are. 

I have 19 fields,F specialseeds and premium humus= 11058 WF in 1 harvest. Guess hat. I lost from a player with 2 level 6 fields. I don,t mind that,the only thing is he beat me by 20.000 flowers.

Play on your own way and forget those goldthrowers. Maybe he has at home a empty refridgerator and a empty belly
  • I would like to add few thoughts to this thread, now when the WWC event is winding down and I have a better grasp of what was required.

1)  The idea for the event was brilliant, just farm , play the game as usual and for all the tasks you will perform on your farm you will get the rewards. This makes the game fun for sure with one flaw - Ranking system, as soon as you start ranking & comparing one farmer and his/hers earned points to another one, this whole "laid back farming with rewards" is gone.  Each and every player starts looking for ways to earn more points, faster points to achieve better ranking, collecting step-rewards to get the final prize. And the final prize ....is almost worse than the step-smaller rewards :/

2)  I'm very disappointed with the final rewards "The Gold chests" (4 of them to be accurate) in Horse Points didn't have any amazing prizes - I got seaweed feed (and NOT in impressive amount), which I usually collect from earned points, or buy with Island shells or win.  
    To be honest I was expecting a cool, unique deco or a nice Horse and of course I was 100% sure that at least one of the chests will have a Gold Mining license .......
    Wow - I spend 30++ days working on getting those points ......to get seaweed????
    very very disappointed - the Reward for so many days of work, and hours of playing, I feel like the final gold chests were a joke  :(

3) After seeing that all my work to gain the points got me seaweed ....Im not going to even bother to hussle to secure the points in fishing, cooperative & Events sections - because the payout will be probably as bad as the one I just got, not worth it :/

My humble request to GoodGames is when you get the whole server work for 30++ days to earn points , make sure that their work/ game play is properly rewarded ergo the final reward should be more valuable & spectacular than a week-long event  or 4-day Hardworker Event (which gives gold certs as final prize).
    Shouldn't a month of playing the game, being loyal, investing time, real money (gold) have better END REWARD ???

Image result for get nothing gif
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    About the rewards "along the way" I actually think they are very good.
    Did get a GML and gold flower seeds from the gold boxes from the horse points, nothing very good from the farming points boxes, guess that's just luck of the draw.
    I'll keep going to try for the deco with high VHP, although the player buying points has just bought another 25K and is now fighting a shopping war with number 1, let's see how many players are going to do the same the next 3 days.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    @WascallyWabbit they got this totally wrong, therefore I have had enough of GGS gold grabbing, I worked very hard to get to number 1 for over 28days.  Just for it all to be taken away by someone spending lots and lots of money and putting no work in at all.   This will also be the  final straw for me.   I am going to use ALL  my gold to finish WWC off then that is then end of this game for me as I know 300k of gold will not be enough to win even with 100k points lead

The gold users had a whole month to use their gold to try and beat me, but no, GGS lets them get easy win, by doing no work and just buy their points in 4 days

They haven't passed you yet......maybe the heavy golders will do the right thing for a change and not buy up points to steal your rank......there's hope I guess?

Anyone else noticed the drop in gold mining licenses in the gold boxes? There were times in previous CC's where you could open a box and have up to 3 GMLS in there, now if ur lucky enough to have a GML box it only gives u 1......was that change even announced or is it yet another sneaky change implemented by GGS in an update like the lowering of fuku coin drops?
  • gizmo22 (AU1) said:
    Anyone else noticed the drop in gold mining licenses in the gold boxes? There were times in previous CC's where you could open a box and have up to 3 GMLS in there, now if ur lucky enough to have a GML box it only gives u 1......was that change even announced or is it yet another sneaky change implemented by GGS in an update like the lowering of fuku coin drops?
    @gizmo22 (AU1) I checked for you & there has been no change, either to the number of GMLs that it is possible to get or to the chances of getting more than one, so you must have just been less lucky.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Thanks wascallywabbit, good to know that prize is still available   :)
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    After using 300k of gold buying spins still lost 1st place on WWC..  Good luck to you all that is it for me with this game
    this game is moving to gold buyer only , they never think about hard working player , really feel bad after so much hardwork you got nothing

1month completely u spend on this game , 14-18hrs daily but ggs doesnt care what happend to ur eyes and they never pay for hardworkers .

ggs u r really sick now .
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    @WascallyWabbit they got this totally wrong, therefore I have had enough of GGS gold grabbing, I worked very hard to get to number 1 for over 28days.  Just for it all to be taken away by someone spending lots and lots of money and putting no work in at all.   This will also be the  final straw for me.   I am going to use ALL  my gold to finish WWC off then that is then end of this game for me as I know 300k of gold will not be enough to win even with 100k points lead

The gold users had a whole month to use their gold to try and beat me, but no, GGS lets them get easy win, by doing no work and just buy their points in 4 days

They haven't passed you yet......maybe the heavy golders will do the right thing for a change and not buy up points to steal your rank......there's hope I guess?

@gizmo22 (AU1)
    There are 3 types of gold mystery boxes. Those gold mystery boxes that are all golden color only have as possible prizes the following (afaik): 1 gold mining license, 3 goldflower seeds, 50 seaweed feed, 50 seaweed fertilizer, 5 seaweed humus, 5 seaweed greenhouse humus, 10 tokens
    The other two gold mystery boxes are better. These are their prizes:
    Gold+silver (I usually call it platinum, due to horse races platinum being better than gold):  2 gold mining licenses, 5 goldflower seeds, 60 seaweed feed, 60 seaweed fertilizer, 6 seaweed humus, 6 seaweed greenhouse humus, 12 tokens
    Gold+wooden: 3 gold mining licenses, 8 goldflower seeds, 100 seaweed feed, 100 seaweed fertilizer, 10 seaweed humus, 10 seaweed greenhouse humus, 15 tokens
  • Is it just me being blind, or has all the critic towards the WoF been removed. If so, has it been moved to a separate thread, or are ggs trying to hide the critics?
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Is it just me being blind, or has all the critic towards the WoF been removed. If so, has it been moved to a separate thread, or are ggs trying to hide the critics?

It has been moved to a different discussion, where it will easily be lost, and never again found amid a million threads over all forums, the search option is cleverly set not to find anything  

The discussion thread instead will stay, easy to find and all cleaned up, a discussion where all seems well

http://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3595461#Comment_3595461

edited 10.08.2017
    I have a question about the points that accrue from week to week.  There was a statement earlier by GGS that suggested that the points in week one effect the later weeks.  I am going to ask by giving an example.......

Let's say a player plays evenly, accruing the same number of WW points each week for all five weeks.  Let's also says that these are the coins that he receives.

Player 1
    Week 1    500
    Week 2   1000
    Week 3   1500
    Week 4   2000
    Week 5   2500

Total 7500 coins

Now lets suppose that there is an identical player, who plays exactly the same as the first player, except this player is on vacation during week 1

Would their points be:

Player 2
    Week 1    --0--
    Week 2   1000
    Week 3   1500
    Week 4   2000
    Week 5   2500

Total 7000 coins

Is this correct or would all of their weeks be less, simply because they missed week 1?
    edited 10.08.2017
    On the new WW Wheel...............

Should this be 6-20?

Doesn't 20th place get this reward also?
    One more question........The "shorter build time" that is a prize in the WW....will this apply to the temp/Viking Farm?
Sign In to comment.