Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Greetings from your new CM!

Hi farmers! I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to you all. Starting this week I have joined the Community Management team for Big Farm. I'm excited to start sowing some seeds in the community and harvesting good times. At times it may be Hard Work Event but I'm looking forward to working with the forum team and working on my puns, as you can see they are terrible and improving on them will give you all Lester worry about (OK, I'm a little bit proud of that one).

The forum team are still here to answer your questions and be your first point of contact, I'll be behind the scenes supporting them so you can still get in touch with them the way you always have. I'm very pleased to have found the dusty road leading to this here li'l farmstead and I look forward to the adventures we're bound to have!

Comments

• Hi CM Hunter and welcome
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    CM_Hunter said:
    Hi farmers! I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to you all. Starting this week I have joined the Community Management team for Big Farm. I'm excited to start sowing some seeds in the community and harvesting good times. At times it may be Hard Work Event but I'm looking forward to working with the forum team and working on my puns, as you can see they are terrible and improving on them will give you all Lester worry about (OK, I'm a little bit proud of that one).

The forum team are still here to answer your questions and be your first point of contact, I'll be behind the scenes supporting them so you can still get in touch with them the way you always have. I'm very pleased to have found the dusty road leading to this here li'l farmstead and I look forward to the adventures we're bound to have!
    Hi, welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here  :)
  • Hi CM_Hunter  Welcome to forum :):)
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Welcome to the EN forum, CM Hunter.
    And good hunting to you   :D
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Rowdy Rac said:
    Raccoons, rabbits and foxes are all safe ;) 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 02.08.2017

A new CM!! WOW - we are being spoiled!!
    A great welcome to you @CM_Hunter and I do wish you a lot of success with herding the flock!
    I really do hope you love critters, as our 3 (Yep, we consider them OURS!) are verwy verwy precious to us!!  :)

Related image
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
     Welcome to the forum CM Hunter, we are not such a bad bunch here - just a little bit mad but then it does help to be a little mad :)  We will be as nice as we can be - Good Luck and Happy Farming.
  • Bibleman (US1)Bibleman (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    Welcome CM-HUNTER
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    A Big Farm welcome @CM_Hunter look forward to your help and insight :)
  • Welcome @CM_Hunter :)

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
             @CM_Hunter   Glad to have you here in our forum! :)   Where have you been hiding? :D

• Hey @CM_Hunter welcome aboard! Happy to have you here & look forward to working with you. :)

CM_Hunter said:
    Rowdy Rac said:
    Raccoons, rabbits and foxes are all safe ;) 
    Image result for whew gif
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Welcome, CM_Hunter!  Glad to have you join the CM Team!  <3   I like puns too, also play on words!  Mine though are not always farm related, like this one:  What is "ticker-tape"?   Answer:  The printed read-out from an EKG machine.   :*  
    Welcome, CM_Hunter!  Glad to have you join the CM Team!  <3   I like puns too, also play on words!  Mine though are not always farm related, like this one:  What is "ticker-tape"?   Answer:  The printed read-out from an EKG machine.   :*  
    My absolute favourite is a long one and it's better spoken aloud than read out but see what you think, maybe you can delight some of your friends with it!

"A person wakes up in a thickly walled concrete room, in the room there is nothing but a wooden table. How will they escape?"

Pose this question to your friends, get them to guess a while and throw out some suggestions, then just at the point where they are completely frustrated and have no idea you give them the answer (read aloud for the full effect, it's a doozy!)
    "The person rubs their hands together until they are sore, takes the saw and cuts the table in half. A half and a half make a whole, the person then takes the hole and puts it on the wall to escape!"

Your friends will be either delighted, confused or extremely annoyed with you and each reaction is quite satisfying :smiley:

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    That one is a great one!  Thanks for sharing it!  :D Ha ha...Hee hee!  I am still laughing! 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Welcome CM_Hunter to wild side! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! 

"The hunter stir-fried his game because he liked to wok on the wild side."
  • ~~Mona~~ (INT1)~~Mona~~ (INT1) INT1 Posts: 994
    Hello CM_Hunter and good luck in your new job!
  • Pleased to make your acquaintance CM Hunter!!  Welcome to our community and I hope you enjoy your stay here!!   B)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Welcome to the forum @CM_Hunter

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Hello CM_Hunter and welcome to the forum
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    Welcome CM_Hunter!  We're a little crazy here but fun!!
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Welcome to the EN community CM_Hunter!!! :smiley:

That's a new community manager! Woo.

Welcome @CM_Hunter , I wish to be on the safe side (I'm scared of getting hunted)  :p 
    @Keldeo (IN1) Gotta catch em all! Image result for pokeball icon  :D 
  • little cate (US1)little cate (US1) US1 Posts: 2,341

Welcome to the forum CM_ Hunter!!!!  :):)

Hope you have a AWESOME time here with These AWESOME People!!!!  :)

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Hi and welcome,  can you tell us a lil about yrself and how you actually go about working as a community manager. Just what does your job entail, I dont have a clue and am sure there are others out there don;t either.

Thanks 
    Hi and welcome,  can you tell us a lil about yrself and how you actually go about working as a community manager. Just what does your job entail, I dont have a clue and am sure there are others out there don;t either.

Thanks 
    Sure I can :) Essentially my job is to help organise the awesome forum team we have, they are the ones directly talking to you guys day-to-day and so they have a great overview of the community. As a CM my role is to work closely with the moderators to get an idea of what you guys are feeling, feedback and a wide range of other topics! It is also a CM's job to get information to you guys through our various social media channels and this forum (such as the recent horse meadow tutorial video, patch notes and more). Though players will mostly speak directly with moderators from day-to-day they speak directly with the CM team if they are ever unsure on a topic or need confirmation of something for example, though they're very smart cookies anyway :)
  • Yo @CM_Hunter, good luck and I wish you success in the role of CM :).
  • Welcome CM_Hunter :) 
  • Vessarria (US1)Vessarria (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    Welcome CM_Hunter =)
  •      Welcome @CM_Hunter!  :-)
      I have a couple more questions for you, please.  How long have you been with GGS?       Did you come from another department?  What is your background?  Have you been playing Big Farm yourself?  If so, for how long?  How much do you play? Are you now a CM that is dedicated to the Big Farm Game?  How many CM's does Big Farm have now? Or do you cover other GGS games too?  Are you working full time? Do you cover Big Farm for all servers?  (Are you a he or a she?--so we know how to address you.)  Things have changed over the years.  The CM's are in the background now. :-(  Mods, really work hard and help us out as best they can.  I sure wish GGS would  make some of the changes we have been asking for for years!!  Sometimes how they run this game, makes no sense at all from a business point of view!  Hope to hear from you once in awhile too-perhaps a monthly newsletter would be nice.  Even though we have some great Moderators, who are volunteers as I understand it, some of us miss a little interaction from a CM.  
         I have been playing since early in 2014-about 3 1/2 yrs now. I'm a Co-op Leader, level 223.  I'm a 63 yr old Grandma, retired Registered nurse, with lots of computer background too.  I live in the USA, in the beautiful mountains near Yosemite National Park in California.  I have a little farm of my own. :-)  I love being Grandma, My 13 yr old Grandson introduced me to the game-he was playing another Farming game, but I didn't have an android device, his broke, so we found this game and I love it!  but I HATE, HATE, HATE all the bugs!  Hope you can help prevent them in the future! I love, love, love being a Grandma, camping, fishing, animals, computers, all kinds of needlework and crafts, gardening, cooking, gardening, hiking, and so much more!
    Welcome aboard!  Happy Farming!
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    Welcamoe @CM_Hunter
    "Happy Hunting".......  ;):)B)

Sign In to comment.