Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Too Many Co-Ops & Recruiting for New Members Needs an Overhaul

Chicaa (US1)Chicaa (US1) Posts: 87
edited 03.08.2017 in Suggestions
There are too many don't ya think?!  The higher leveled co-ops get the higher leveled players & that's that.  Then we have co-ops created by players who just started to play the game & don't have the 1st idea of how to even play yet!  I'm unsure how it is on the other servers but on the US server is over full of co-ops to choose from.   I understand that recruiting is part of running a co-op, however, there's just waaay too many co-ops and not enough players to fill the active ones!

My suggestion is this:  GGS needs to stop allowing players who just start playing to start a co-op.  Also, I think that GGS should implement some type of removal system for inactive co-ops.  Many farmers are loyal like me & stick to where ever they choose to go.  If GGS could implement a removal system, this would free up the players who are just lagging in a co-op and it would allow them to make another choice.  I'd also like GGS to implement some type of system which will remove players who are in the player listing marked as "looking for a co-op" and are completely inactive.  I'm tired of playing guessing games!   The other thing is: why do I have to go through that huge list to recruit members?  Seems to me that there could be something done to add a feature less time consuming!  I find personally that as far as the forum ads go, it really doesn't work.  The other issue is that in reality there are many players out there who do not access the forum at all, or simply don't have the computer abilities to get there.  When i do have someone reply to my ad, I have to jet there immediately before someone poaches my prospect..which I find completely unfair.

IMO, recruiting as a whole needs some revamping.  Maybe starting with a rule than only a certain # of co-ops can be on a list at a time.  This will cut down on having too many options for prospective farmers who are searching for a solid co-op.  My thoughts are that if up & coming co-ops can't obtain more players to increase their team..eventually the team lags out from lack of new help.
Post edited by Chicaa (US1) on

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    GGS promotes new coops.  One of the tasks is ... Join a coop or start a coop.  And Chicca you are absolutely right!  Players do not have a clue when they first start playing. I sure didn't. I applied to a few lower level coops, half were probably inactive. When I was accepted it was by a coop with 5 people. I had NO clue what to do with projects, there were never any green lights, and I stay in that coop for MONTHS. One day I signed on and was leader.  I was STILL clueless months later.  It was not until the coop challenges started that I decided maybe I should look for a new coop.  It was during the 2nd coop that I applied to another coop.  My coop pretty much had to answer LOTS of questions from me, because I was clueless. Considering there are so many coops, the task should be changed to join a coop and a player should not be able to start a new coop until they have been in a coop.  Many just start a coop to complete the task.  Then they dont want to lose the gold they spent to start it, so often they keep it.  They sit in a coop all by their self or get a couple people just starting out to join.  However, because there is not much interaction in a small coop and noone to explain anything, the person often quits playing and the coop sits there inactive.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Shay1968 (US1)  said " the task should be changed to join a coop and a player should not be able to start a new coop until they have been in a coop."
    A very neat and simple solution to the problem (imo). How about it GGS ?
  • Thank you both for your input.  I really hope some changes can be made because it truly makes it an impossible for lower co-ops to keep things going.   Great suggestion Shay1968!!  Thanks1   :)
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    @Shay1968 (US1)  said " the task should be changed to join a coop and a player should not be able to start a new coop until they have been in a coop."
    GGS will probaly never change that task. Remember it takes gold to start your own Coop!!!
    But i agree with you that it would be the best solution to that problem or however you like to see it. 

Next is the thing hat Chicaa points out. Why you have to search that long list to find in 10 pages maybe 1 or 2 players which are not in a coop. 

Maybe a tip for GGS: Make a list where the coopless players are in from high to low level. I have level 242 and play now due to healt problems not in a coop. 

And imo when lower level players join a coop and 1 of the higher level players knows a lot about the game,that higher level player could use his knowledge to give good tips to the lower level player like: Do not open the temporaly island untill you reach level 75. I made that mistake 3 years ago and wich somebody adviced me NOT to play that Island.

But that is my personal opinion. And when i think that lower level player will stay longer in that coop because the other players help him and that create a kind of a bond or friendship

• DoctorX (INT1)DoctorX (INT1) Posts: 139
    edited 29.07.2017
    GGS will probaly never change that task. Remember it takes gold to start your own Coop!!!
    But i agree with you that it would be the best solution to that problem or however you like to see it. 

Next is the thing hat Chicaa points out. Why you have to search that long list to find in 10 pages maybe 1 or 2 players which are not in a coop. 

Maybe a tip for GGS: Make a list where the coopless players are in from high to low level. I have level 242 and play now due to healt problems not in a coop. 

And imo when lower level players join a coop and 1 of the higher level players knows a lot about the game,that higher level player could use his knowledge to give good tips to the lower level player like: Do not open the temporaly island untill you reach level 75. I made that mistake 3 years ago and wich somebody adviced me NOT to play that Island.

But that is my personal opinion. And when i think that lower level player will stay longer in that coop because the other players help him and that create a kind of a bond or friendship

Hi @boer bartels (INT1)

You are welcome to join my coop

But I agree with what you guys have said when I started the game I did not no how to find a coop so I started one, which was not the best choice at the time because I did not even understand the game let alone know how to run a coop.
    You should not be allowed to start a coop till you are at least level 30+
Sign In to comment.