Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tasks for Oleg's Fishing Quest

Comments

• It says to click icon in left to use a bait... but, there is no bait option, only the other four things...  impossible ::smh::  they make ya spend money buying things then dont allow you to use them.. and yes, I changed farms, reopened game etc... still no bait option... EASY??  pffft
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    did you buy the bait?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 19.07.2017
    It says to click icon in left to use a bait... but, there is no bait option, only the other four things...  impossible ::smh::  they make ya spend money buying things then dont allow you to use them.. and yes, I changed farms, reopened game etc... still no bait option... EASY??  pffft
    @HellsFarmer (INT1)   Are you saying that you have bought bait and moved it from your tackle box to your Equipment to go fishing, and you still don't have the icon? :/

• I'm new to this game, and I have a question about Fishing xps.  When you send Oleg fishing, do you get fish xp for that, or do you have to fish by *hand* to level up?
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    to gain more fishing xp send him to learn how to fish..http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg_side_task.htm
  • What have to do in "1 bass bait mission"  :(:(

• @Red Bird (IN1) - If you are referring to one of the side missions then most likely you will have to purchase bass bait from the Fishing Supplies shed.  I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mrs. White
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    What have to do in "1 bass bait mission"  :(:(

This a wonderful site where you can find many answers to your questions (worthwhile to browse through all pages); here I've opened it for you on the page of "Oleg Fisherman":
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg.htm

And this can help too: Oleg's Fishing task list:
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm 

by courtesy of CrazyBigFarm55 !!  :)
  • What have to do in "1 bass bait mission"  :(:(

@Red Bird (IN1) Make sure that you purchase the "simple" bass bait & then follow the instructions in the post by FarmerJohn (above). 
  • Thank you, most helpful but I'm having a hard time getting past 'use the bass bait' as well having tried it so many ways at level 43 now...keep buying bait but not showing up on the fishing view!? If I move it over to my inventory I loose a space for equipment and still cannot fish, ah well
    • Ms. Betty,  
    • Don't despair.  It's not intuitive.  Put the bait in your tackle box.  Go fishing.  Hit the bait button in the sidebar.  A small box containing an arrow should appear next to the highlighted bait button.  Cast.  While the hook is sinking, hit the arrow.
    • A new fish, dictated by the type of bait you used,  should appear in the water.  This is useful if you desperately need an additional fish that is no longer available in the water.  Expensive, but occasionally worth it.  Happy fishing!
  • Has anyone else noticed that the Carp looks more like a Catfish than the catfish does?
  • Thank you, most helpful but I'm having a hard time getting past 'use the bass bait' as well having tried it so many ways at level 43 now...keep buying bait but not showing up on the fishing view!? If I move it over to my inventory I loose a space for equipment and still cannot fish, ah well
    @Betty Birken (US1) You can get more slots by increasing the size of your tackle box (in the supplies shop on the tackle box tab).  When completing the bait tasks, makes sure that you buy the "simple" bait & that it is added to your tackle box, so that you can select it when you have started fishing.
  • Thanks WascallyWabbit ...and I did just that & finally got my bait on view. Still didn't work tho when I fished using the bait? maybe a couple more levels...will keep trying as think I'm in the right direction now.

• Hey Betty, 
    Glad you are making progress.   Using bait doesn't help you catch a fish.  Instead, it adds a fish to the water. 
    Consider trying this.   Normally there are no catfish in the river at your main/first farm.  OK.    Go to that fishing menu on your main farm and buy a catfish bait.  Now, remove the bass bait from  your tackle box.  Put the catfish bait into the box in place of the bass bait.  Go fishing.  You should see your catfish bait in the sidebar.  Hit the bait button to get the arrow box to appear beside the bait button.  If you hit that arrow, a catfish will appear amongst the bass and carp.  Voila! 

• Hey Betty, 
    Glad you are making progress.   Using bait doesn't help you catch a fish.  Instead, it adds a fish to the water. 
    Consider trying this.   Normally there are no catfish in the river at your main/first farm.  OK.    Go to that fishing menu on your main farm and buy a catfish bait.  Now, remove the bass bait from  your tackle box.  Put the catfish bait into the box in place of the bass bait.  Go fishing.  You should see your catfish bait in the sidebar.  Hit the bait button to get the arrow box to appear beside the bait button.  If you hit that arrow, a catfish will appear amongst the bass and carp.  Voila! 
    Thanks for the tip Emm56...struggling along, sick as I am. It takes awhile to find all the angles. Trying to complete the task so I can progress. Just a shame they put the Fishing HWE up for only those who have leveled-up to be able to benefit. I just putz along so I can enjoy my beautiful farms I created...easier work on the back than the real farming LOLz

• There is an icon with Oleg and the task is to get one of the blue fish and another with bait.  I have done this numerous times and not getting recognized as completed the task.  Am I missing something????
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You  may be misreading the task. Here's a list of all of them http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm
    Could you list the one you are having troubles with & we may be able to help you better ;)
  • Alex7 (INT1)Alex7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 3
    I'm Level 30 and I'm at Task 25 - buy a wooden pole and a large bucket.  Got the wooden pole but it won't let me buy the large bucket.  I got more than enough to buy at least 10 of them but I can't buy one single blasted bucket.  What's the deal?
    Just an FYI, you need to buy the small bucket first and upgrade it up to 5 and then buy the medium bucket, level it up to 5 before you can buy the large bucket.
    Is fishing the only way to upgrade  the bucket? It seems like it takes a long time.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 17.11.2017
    I'm Level 30 and I'm at Task 25 - buy a wooden pole and a large bucket.  Got the wooden pole but it won't let me buy the large bucket.  I got more than enough to buy at least 10 of them but I can't buy one single blasted bucket.  What's the deal?
    Just an FYI, you need to buy the small bucket first and upgrade it up to 5 and then buy the medium bucket, level it up to 5 before you can buy the large bucket.
    Is fishing the only way to upgrade  the bucket? It seems like it takes a long time.
    You buy the larger buckets with farm dollars, no fishing required.

Keep in mind though, the buckets and the tackle box are only useful if you fish using the Mini-Game.  They have no effect on "Sending Oleg out for an Hour to fish by himself" on one of the boats, or fishing from the dock using the training menu.  Unless you do a lot of manual fishing, the bucket & tackle box don't do you any good.

Of course, we'll need to fish manually for the upcoming GoldFish Rescue, so there is that.. :)
  • There is an icon with Oleg and the task is to get one of the blue fish and another with bait.  I have done this numerous times and not getting recognized as completed the task.  Am I missing something????
    @MargotCox (US1) Please look at  the 1st post on this thread & tell us the numbers of the tasks which you are stuck on. Thanks :)
  • I'm having the same issue, I've been stuck on task 1 (Learn how to fish) in the flower farm for about a month because every time I try to learn to fish or go fishing I cannot reel in any fish even though I know how to. What should I do?
  • I'm having the same issue, I've been stuck on task 1 (Learn how to fish) in the flower farm for about a month because every time I try to learn to fish or go fishing I cannot reel in any fish even though I know how to. What should I do?
    @BirdIsTheWord (AU1) You need to click in the area marked below, for the reel to work & you should see the reel icon when you are clicking in the correct place.

• I have a problem with oleg, So he no longer appears on my fishing pier. And i cant see the whole fishing farm area any more. even if i go to full screen. He is not on a task on the river, and still he is not on the pier.
    @BirdIsTheWord (AU1) You need to click in the area marked below, for the reel to work & you should see the reel icon when you are clicking in the correct place.

I've been clicking in the correct area and the reel icon does appear. The issue is that I don't actually think it is doing anything when I click and hold, the tension increases but the fish doesn't get caught. Then when the tension arrow reaches the red point it gets stuck there and the fish is still swimming so I have to exit the mini game instead of finishing it. Thankyou so much!
  • I haven't been able to buy any boats, just rent them. the dockyard only has a info icon nothing else. Is there something i need to do in order to buy boats from the dockyard and also use the fish market?
  • You have to do all 26 of the oleg tasks first.
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm

I've been clicking in the correct area and the reel icon does appear. The issue is that I don't actually think it is doing anything when I click and hold, the tension increases but the fish doesn't get caught. Then when the tension arrow reaches the red point it gets stuck there and the fish is still swimming so I have to exit the mini game instead of finishing it. Thankyou so much!
    @BirdIsTheWord (AU1) First you click near a fish that you want to catch, just one click & the line gets cast & catches the first fish it comes in contact with. Once it is hooked, then you click and hold the click anywhere in that red box and see the reel icon & there is a sound too. You can hold the click while you watch that arrow & when it gets to the red release it so that it drops back down and you can then keep clicking & releasing to get the fish closer to the surface to pull it out, without letting the arrow get to the end.

Some fish fight back more than others & weigh more & a lot depends on how good your equipment is. For example if you have the cheapest rod, line & reel and you tried to catch a one of the best fish, it would just drag you around until the timer expires or break your line or your rod. The default fish in each location are fairly easy to catch with any equipment, but it is definitely better to get stronger stuff as soon as you can, so you can catch any type of fish quickly.
  • So I happily finished Oleg's fishing task list yesterday.  Upon reading over tips, its suggests I buy 14 motorboats..problem being I have an inflatable boat only, and the next available boat rental is a sailboat.  I think in the past I was able to buy or rent boats.. but then realized I was unable to use the boats until all of Oleg's tasks were completed, so I wasted that $$$.  So where does this leave me?
    I am also not sure how to access my fishing level XP.  My fish market is not opened yet either.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    So I happily finished Oleg's fishing task list yesterday.  Upon reading over tips, its suggests I buy 14 motorboats..problem being I have an inflatable boat only, and the next available boat rental is a sailboat.  I think in the past I was able to buy or rent boats.. but then realized I was unable to use the boats until all of Oleg's tasks were completed, so I wasted that $$$.  So where does this leave me?
    I am also not sure how to access my fishing level XP.  My fish market is not opened yet either.  
    You buy the motorboats on the dockyard.  The rental boats are on the flower farm in the mini game.  This had me so totally confused at first.
Sign In to comment.