Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Pesty Coop

What do you do when the coop below you keeps challenging you, and losing badly, time after time. All it does is tie up our resources so we can't challenge the coop above us. Talking to them did no good. The response was "Try and stop us from doing it".

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    What do you do when the coop below you keeps challenging you, and losing badly, time after time. All it does is tie up our resources so we can't challenge the coop above us. Talking to them did no good. The response was "Try and stop us from doing it".
    @Bruce04 (US1)   Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to stop a coop from challenging you. I know it must be frustrating for you, but that's how it is. :(
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I know how frustrating it can be too @Bruce04 (US1), it happened to us time and time again. We voted not to do them anymore and I'm glad we did because we need all the seaweed we can get for the event's new level 7.

Anyway this is what you have to do...

Find the person in your co-op with the most VHP to start a league challenge.
    Scout-out the coop you want to challenge and pick yourself some good baskets.
    (depending on your rank a person with good VHP can swap 2 baskets cheap enough)
    You do not have to win your counter challenge :)
    (once you win your challenge you will move up in rank and counter challenge get's canceled!)
    Put all your resources into the challenge that your coop started to assure a win.

Then the "Pesty Coop" is the other guys problem.

Good luck :)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Just let them win: they move ahead of you and challenge the coop above them. End of story.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Just let them win: they move ahead of you and challenge the coop above them. End of story.
    Exactly what I was going to post, MRG1.  No need to jump through those hoops by starting a challenge you don't want to do, or even bothering contacting them.  Just sit tight and let them kill themselves.  You'll probably see them again on their way down. :smile:
  • Bruce04 (US1)Bruce04 (US1) US1 Posts: 198
    The only way that we can let them win is to shut our farms down. We've ignored them and are still leading 79% to 29% just doing our normal stuff for coop championships etc. I guess we just continue to ignore them.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 16.07.2017
    The only way that we can let them win is to shut our farms down. We've ignored them and are still leading 79% to 29% just doing our normal stuff for coop championships etc. I guess we just continue to ignore them.
    By "sit tight," I meant just to farm normally.  That's what we do with the VCs as we're ignoring them.  Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose -- just by farming as usual.  The trinkets we "win" are about the same either way. :)
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Bruce04 (US1) said:

If you are just farming normally, then how does that  'tie up your resources so you can't challenge the coop above'?
    If you are challenged, I thought you could counter-challenge the coop above you. (Our coop hasn't had a challenge in ages but I thought that was how it worked)
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    But that is a good think, isn't it!!. I wish the coop below us did the same thing. Farm normally and enjoy the medals. And dont forget for sparcle them from time to time, as they are doing you a favour.
  • Well well, it's a small world.  I'm to co-op Leader of this "pesky co-op"; allow me to clarify a few things for the community's perspective and put The Word in.

First; the situation.  Everyone that plays challenges is familiar with it; we were undefeated 22 times in a row (since the start) and then ran into you.  I'm a level 156, my next highest guy is a 70-something, I have a grand total of 3 other regular players around 50-70 that log in once a day.

You've got 3 regular players all 130+, two regular players at 70+; and all of them really really love those positive prank things.  So I'm also confused on what "resources" of yours we're eating up since "you are crushing us just fulfilling regular missions".

I contacted you in a friendly manner just to touch base and find out what the co-op above you was doing so we didn't get our hopes too high; mainly I wanted to know if Monkey Biz (the once above you) was active or not because any of their top 3 can take on my entire co-op without even being aware of the challenge...  so I was hoping they were active, hence would move up (and out of our way).

"Try and stop us from doing it"... uhhh, what?  That's not even paraphrased man, that's totally made up.  I keep challenging you because *there is no other way around you* - I track 3-5 co-ops up; and Email fellow co-op Leaders to get the feel for what's going on up ahead.  I have a lot of 50ish level guys and don't want them to use "resources" in a futile task.

So my observances/advise;
    1) If it troubles you just that much, put your money where your mouth is.  You don't need to "shut down your farms".  The last three challenges I've bought different baskets in direct reaction to what your co-op is going to have trouble with, modified by what you establish a history of.  Are you seriously going to tell me you "randomly farmed" 110,000 wildflowers - there's no co-op mission this week that you'd need those for.  There's not an organic farm mission that requires that at "our" level either.

2) I already contacted the co-op above you (the one you're "stuck" behind), guess what?  The "we need breathing room from you to challenge the co-op above us"... Funny; they report they haven't been challenged in "quite some time".

3) So basically you've got a couple options; pretty much all have already been provided by other players in this thread.

Maintain the current status quo and use us to farm medals BUT don't cry about having to farm 110,000 wildflowers a week for eternity for nothing OR,

Stop making 110,000 wildflowers...  Who takes them seriously anyway?  They're the biggest pain in the entirety of this game, and it's exactly why I keep choosing them; you're going to throw in the towel sooner or later. 

I just want to be on my merry way.  My co-op is getting nothing for this competition.  They guys below us haven't challenged us in weeks, and you are above us.  I'm taking care of my co-op by getting them around obstacles.  Are we going to be one of The Greats?  Yeah lol, not ever, but I'd like to think my guys and gals will be rewarded for playing; that can't happen stuck behind you with no one challenging us.

I'm going to have to put an "I don't have poopy pants" disclaimer here; I'm told I come off a little snarky now and again which ->*isn't my intent*<-.  I just took the false statement a little to heart since I thought this whole thing was just a friendly competition.

Below is a cut and paste of the entirety of my response to your original Email asking what our purpose in repeated challenges was (just because).

"lol, yeah but there's no one else to challenge.  So the plan is to get you tired of using your perks and maybe somebody goes on vacation sooner or later...  Likely to work?  Meh, whose to say?  Of course, I realize we're speeding up for nothing due to the configuration of the co-op above you (Monkey Biz).  We don't have many regular players so missions are based more around what I need for the market more than what you guys (collectively) are bad at.  Which is not much, your top 5 players have it covered."

-Hyperion728 (Fiddler's Green co-op)
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
    We have challenged the coop above us and lost. We plan to again but right now we have members on vacation, members with lousy internet connections, and couple of people with serious medical issues, myself included. So do what you must. You must have a lot of time on your hands to write such a long post.
  • Every co-op has all the issues you've listed at one time or another.  I've got two, exactly two (plus myself) level 50's in my entire co-op that are white or green right now.  We're still managing a 92/45 spread.  Not bad considering I've been completely removed from the internet for two 24 hour chunks of time during the current challenge.  No one's using gold or perks or pranks or anything else.

I'd like to take the time to point out the irony of pointing out the 30 minutes it took me to write/reorganize/research/spellcheck/triple proofread my message vs. 110,000 wildflowers...
    Last time I checked, this is only a game. Maybe you should work on getting more members, upgrading your farms, and increasing your levels.
  • I'm not sure at what point I made any allusion to it not being just a game?  We are working on getting more members and upgrading our farms.  Levels - not so much, since they generally don't serve a purpose in the game - it's a carrot chase.  A carrot chase on a treadmill.

The co-op challenge game (and quite a few other things) mechanic is flawed, this we all know.  We're doing the best we can working as a team within the framework of the system.

We also aren't the ones feeling threatened enough to lie about things in a public forum when a quantifiably inferior co-op inadvertently exposes our lethargy and then we have a knee-jerk reaction when they don't just quit like the others...

I'll stick around a little more just in case you NEED to get that last word in...  Your replies are getting shorter with less clarity though...

I hereby bequeath to you the "Last Word".

You have a nice day and Happy Farming!

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Tried to follow this thread but can't wrap my brains around it ... I don't really understand the problem in the OP. Getting challenged and being challenged is part of this Village Coop Competition, if I understood things well. This may sometimes be a bit annoying, but it is what it is and your coop can decide to do nothing more than just regular farming. If a coop wishes to keep challenging your coop over and over again, it's their good right - one can't remprimand them for doing that, coz it's what this competition is all about IMHO.

But most of all I don't understand the 'Flags for Abuse' that are given to @Hyperion728 (US1) posts here above, as there is nothing abusive in the text .... It's simply a question of "You will reap what you sow!"

I completely agree with aaabb1:
    But that is a good think, isn't it!!. I wish the coop below us did the same thing. Farm normally and enjoy the medals. And dont forget for sparcle them from time to time, as they are doing you a favour.

• Please do not misuse the flagging system, they are not intended to be used just because you do not like a post.

This discussion has been closed.