Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Pop-ups, pop-ups and even more pop-ups??

I thought this was a farming game where you should work on farming, with every new update it seems we are also getting more and more pop-ups that we first need to click away before we can do the thing why we play this game and that is to farm.

10 pop-ups when starting the game, then playing the whole day around 100 (or even more) pop-ups with this new features like fishing and word championship, then there is HWE and the prime offers and exclusive deals that pop-up unannounced.

A long time ago (back when i was still a young kid) they talked about putting those pop-ups to a minimum, where are the ideas and updates that do that?

Comments

• those ideas went away when they decided to maximize gold sales lol
  • TinaM1 (US1)TinaM1 (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    They are extremely annoying!!!
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    And they always appear just as you are about to click on something as well
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    those ideas went away when they decided to maximize gold sales lol
    All those pop-up that are in the game at this moment does not have anything to do with gold sales.
    - Collecting fishing boats
    - HWE reward
    - World CC rewards
    - Finishing missions
    - The news at the beginning

Some things are just useless!!
    Why do i want to see a pop-up when i finish a mission when i shelved with 0?
    Why do i need to see a pop-up every time i get a new reward, just let them show the rewards at the end and just drop the item to fly to my inventory.
    Why do i need to see how much fish i caught when me boat is returning, all the other buildings can be seen when you hover over the building, why is there a pop-up when collecting the boat? And 14 pop-up  for collecting all the boats, then at least 3 clicks to send it out again, make it easier!!!
    Who is reading the news when you start the game, this pop-up and other pop-ups at the start are so useless.

Please do something about this, this is a harvesting game and not a pop-up clicking game!!!!

• PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 12.07.2017
    And pop-up keeps destroying the purpose of this game. Finishing a mission, scoring allot of points, i get a pop-up for my mission that is finished, get a pop-up with rewards our coop earned and a pop-up with new rewards won in world CC.

I am not complaining about the rewards, just complaining and making a statement that pop-up are destroying the purpose of this game.
  • the Pop ups are why I play this game less and less, I am lvl 141, but I spend the first 5 mins upon opening the game waiting for and closing the pop ups.  There has been many times I thought about playing the game then remembered the pop ups and decided not to because at that time I did not have time to close the pop ups I just have time to play.  Give us a banner pop up at game startup that lets us scroll through what we missed while we were not logged in with a single close button!!

Then as stated previously I get popups when I am busy doing things, these in game pop ups should happen when there has been no game activity for 10 to 20 seconds, or better yet give us the option of auto accepting during game play pop ups.  

now lets talk about the item fly aways, either let me turn them off or make them so they do not get in the way of closing the my barn is full pop up (which is the only acceptable pop up, but an auto sell excess option would be nice)
  • I really enjoy this game, but feel that the game makers are more interested in selling that the players! I have so many pop ups that they are starting to give me head aches. If the game gods can't think of another way to make their ALL MIGHTY buck I will have to stop playing this game and that would make me very sad!!!!

• I just came back to my game after a little sleep and counted 45!!! mind you that is 45 pop ups as well as the ones down the side and the ones that pop in the center when I change areas
  • those ideas went away when they decided to maximize gold sales lol
    All those pop-up that are in the game at this moment does not have anything to do with gold sales.
    - Collecting fishing boats
    - HWE reward
    - World CC rewards
    - Finishing missions
    - The news at the beginning

Some things are just useless!!
    Why do i want to see a pop-up when i finish a mission when i shelved with 0?
    Why do i need to see a pop-up every time i get a new reward, just let them show the rewards at the end and just drop the item to fly to my inventory.
    Why do i need to see how much fish i caught when me boat is returning, all the other buildings can be seen when you hover over the building, why is there a pop-up when collecting the boat? And 14 pop-up  for collecting all the boats, then at least 3 clicks to send it out again, make it easier!!!
    Who is reading the news when you start the game, this pop-up and other pop-ups at the start are so useless.

Please do something about this, this is a harvesting game and not a pop-up clicking game!!!!

In settings you can uncheck the 'show fishing report' box to get rid of the popup when collecting your boats
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 02.08.2021
    @prehittena (US1) and @Blackwidow (GB1) please note this is a 4 year old that has been resurrected

Pop-ups, and where they appear have changed enormously since.
    Most of what is above is now out of date and not applicable any more.

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I just came back to my game after a little sleep and counted 45!!! mind you that is 45 pop ups as well as the ones down the side and the ones that pop in the center when I change areas
    I only get 2  (and I think I could opt out of one of them)
    edited 03.08.2021
    @prehittena (US1)

I have made enquires as that is not the number of pop ups from GGS

The side bar ads, the ads when changing farm plus 1 or 2 pop ups are what you should be getting from GGS

1. What do these pop ups say?
    2. Do you have other tabs/windows open?

We are fairly sure this quantity are not GGS pop ups
    edited 08.08.2021
    prehittena (US1)  issues were not from GGS

As everything else in this threads relates to before most pop-ups were put into the Offer Hub I am closing this thread to avoid further confusion
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
This discussion has been closed.