Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 6th - Worldwide Championship (WWC), New Horse Season and more! - Discussion

Comments

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    JVD (US1) said:
    @gizmo22 (AU1) @JVD (US1) @Surya54 (INT1) Do you remember those old PC client based games? Most of them had secret codes called "cheats". Like AoE, for example, you could code in a Cobra, as many as you liked, and slaughter all the poor enemy foot soldiers and horsemen within seconds without loosing any of yours. The purpose of the game was to master a strategy which would help you build your forces fast enough to withstand first computer army attacks and then finally subdue the enemy and their territory. The codes were called "cheats" for a simple reason, as every gamer knew then, it was cheating. When you couldn't win in fair battle, you resorted to cheats. :) Same with other games. Cheats to code in materials, cheats to bypass or kill a difficult boss etc. In this game the secret code is numbers on your debit card. :) You can work your way up using smart thinking, math, strategy and loads of time, or you can code in a cheat to win where you couldn't win in fair competition. I'm gonna stay with orthodox gamers' terminology and call "cheat" a "cheat". :)
    you are wrong... all these "free" games have a "gold"  ability,  this is not cheating  and is not a cheat code  as  you describe... so far I have not seen a true cheat code in this   game  and  am glad  of it,  but point me to one if you think there is.. you play "free"  because of the "gold" players  and that is the way of things with these online games... "golders" as you say are NOT cheats... they pay for you to play for free! and the "golders" will get preferences because they pay to play... the choice is yours... free play or pay to play! paying is NOT cheating!!!
    Yeah, all these "free" games probably have a "cheat" ability. :) It's one thing to support a game if you like it, which is perfectly ok. It's another thing to win competitions by paying to get to the top. Semantics changed, principle of winning competition by means other then fairly competing is the same - traditionally called a "cheat". That's exactly why so many players dislike it when they work hard to win a prize only to have their victory taken from them by someone who last minute thrown in a few "cheats". :) There used to be massive and heated debates about these issues in the past showing how players view them - as a breach of traditional ethos in competitions. Hardly anyone is bothered nowadays. It just seemed fun to point to the principle of the issue other then what has been mentioned already, that it is a purchase or auction of victory, not a competition in it's true meaning. So no matter how many exclamation marks you add, I'm still staying with gamers' classic ethos terminology and I believe I am right to do so. :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Sorry @Southern (US1), @JVD (US1) is talking about rewards, not fishing XP
    ok, good, thanks... thought that is what you were talking about and working hard to keep all busy as you say :)
    Fishing WWC rewards 13 done, working on 14. Looks like I must have been playing too much. :)
    JVD (US1) said:
    @gizmo22 (AU1) @JVD (US1) @Surya54 (INT1) Do you remember those old PC client based games? Most of them had secret codes called "cheats". Like AoE, for example, you could code in a Cobra, as many as you liked, and slaughter all the poor enemy foot soldiers and horsemen within seconds without loosing any of yours. The purpose of the game was to master a strategy which would help you build your forces fast enough to withstand first computer army attacks and then finally subdue the enemy and their territory. The codes were called "cheats" for a simple reason, as every gamer knew then, it was cheating. When you couldn't win in fair battle, you resorted to cheats. :) Same with other games. Cheats to code in materials, cheats to bypass or kill a difficult boss etc. In this game the secret code is numbers on your debit card. :) You can work your way up using smart thinking, math, strategy and loads of time, or you can code in a cheat to win where you couldn't win in fair competition. I'm gonna stay with orthodox gamers' terminology and call "cheat" a "cheat". :)
    you are wrong... all these "free" games have a "gold"  ability,  this is not cheating  and is not a cheat code  as  you describe... so far I have not seen a true cheat code in this   game  and  am glad  of it,  but point me to one if you think there is.. you play "free"  because of the "gold" players  and that is the way of things with these online games... "golders" as you say are NOT cheats... they pay for you to play for free! and the "golders" will get preferences because they pay to play... the choice is yours... free play or pay to play! paying is NOT cheating!!!
    Yeah, all these "free" games probably have a "cheat" ability. :) It's one thing to support a game if you like it, which is perfectly ok. It's another thing to win competitions by paying to get to the top. Semantics changed, principle of winning competition by means other then fairly competing is the same - traditionally called a "cheat". That's exactly why so many players dislike it when they work hard to win a prize only to have their victory taken from them by someone who last minute thrown in a few "cheats". :) There used to be massive and heated debates about these issues in the past showing how players view them - as a breach of traditional ethos in competitions. Hardly anyone is bothered nowadays. It just seemed fun to point to the principle of the issue other then what has been mentioned already, that it is a purchase or auction of victory, not a competition in it's true meaning. So no matter how many exclamation marks you add, I'm still staying with gamers' classic ethos terminology and I believe I am right to do so. :)
    maybe what the game makers should have is a version for the gold players and then one for the free players where as the "golders" and the "free" players are not pitted against each other which is the basic complaint... but no matter how you look at it "golders" are not cheats, I don't care how you want to spin it! Unless someone is  using actual cheat codes to break into the game and take a win somehow... 
    edited 11.07.2017
    JVD (US1) said:
    JVD (US1) said:
    maybe what the game makers should have is a version for the gold players and then one for the free players where as the "golders" and the "free" players are not pitted against each other which is the basic complaint... but no matter how you look at it "golders" are not cheats, I don't care how you want to spin it! Unless someone is  using actual cheat codes to break into the game and take a win somehow... 
    FYI, cheats I was talking about in PC client based games were in many cases not a third party breach of the code, but coded in by game developers themselves so in fact a part of the game. It was the principle of what they accomplished which had them called "cheats". Principle here is the same. Play or pay doesn't actually cause any practical issues untill it comes to compettion. And even then it matters, from practical point of view, how the prize won in competition influence further gaming ability and competing. The issue revolves around ethos of fair competition. Compettion which is viewed as unfair spoils the game. It's controversial to say the least, unethical when viewed through moral standards of western societies. So it does matter how you look at it. If you chose to "go with the flow" and ignore ethical part of the problem, that's completely your choice, but not necesarily the correct or best view.

Time for bed, long ago. :)

Peace
    JVD (US1) said:
    JVD (US1) said:
    FYI, the cheats I was talking about in PC client based games were in many cases not a third party breach of the code, but coded in by game developers themselves so in fact a part of the game. It was the principle of what they accomplished which had them called "cheats". Principle here is the same. Play or pay doesn't actually cause any practical issues untill it comes to compettion. And even then it matters, from practical point of view, how the prize won in competition influence further gaming ability and competing. The issue revolves around ethos of fair competition. Compettion which is viewed as unfair spoils the game. It's controversial to say the least, unethical when viewed through moral standards of western societies. So it does matter how you look at it. If you chose to "go with the flow" and ignore ethical part of the problem, that's completely your choice, but not necesarily the correct or best view.

Time for bed, long ago. :)

Peace
    Peace and sweet dreams!!!
  • Heartland (US1)Heartland (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 11.07.2017
    interesting farming tips, someday I will get to enjoy the dockyard. #13 on Oleg's fishing list woo hoo
    Post edited by Heartland (US1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Level 63 here southern.....I meant the fishing level in wwc. I have tried lots of different strategies in regards to the fish point drop but most have failed. There is one I am doing now that will give me more points but the downside is it will affect the profits I make from deep sea....at least for the month of wwc.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Level 63 here southern.....I meant the fishing level in wwc. I have tried lots of different strategies in regards to the fish point drop but most have failed. There is one I am doing now that will give me more points but the downside is it will affect the profits I make from deep sea....at least for the month of wwc.
    Let's wait and see what happens with the Fishing HWE.. I have the feeling that it's going to give us a big boost in our WWC points. :)
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 11.07.2017
    Earning fishing points is slow yes, but Event point seems impossible to have. I have finished UFO-event, and trying to do the island (hate it). So far I have 950 Event points. UFO-event gave some points, but after that, nothing...? I thought we should earn shells to earn event points??? I have earned shells, but not event points. 
    (cleared caches, reloaded game ;)  ) 
    And should we already see that trader, or is he coming later?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Earning fishing points is slow yes, but Event point seems impossible to have. I have finished UFO-event, and trying to do the island (hate it). So far I have 950 Event points. UFO-event gave some points, but after that, nothing...? I thought we should earn shells to earn event points??? I have earned shells, but not event points. 
    (cleared caches, reloaded game ;)  ) 
    And should we already see that trader, or is he coming later?
    There probably will be several more events before the WWC has ended, so all is not lost. :)

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    You can earn other event points by harvesting and producing in temporary farm
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    That is what I´m doing... Harvesting in temporary farm, island. But no points.... 
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Dara (SKN1) said:
    That is what I´m doing... Harvesting in temporary farm, island. But no points.... 
    Have you checked it regularly? If yes, maybe it's bug or you're in tough luck due to drop rates. If no, try to check it more often
    edited 11.07.2017
    Dara (SKN1) said:
    Have you checked it regularly? If yes, maybe it's bug or you're in tough luck due to drop rates. If no, try to check it more often
    I think you only get points on the Temporary Farm for completing the tasks, not for general harvesting.

N/M, I'm wrong. :)
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

They are symbolized by a little fan.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Dara (SKN1) said:
    I think you only get points on the Temporary Farm for completing the tasks, not for general harvesting.
    We do get event points for even general harvesting in the temp farm :)
    Dara (SKN1) said:
    We do get event points for even general harvesting in the temp farm :)
    I stand corrected then. :) 
  • edited 11.07.2017
    JVD (US1) said:
    @gizmo22 (AU1)  yep you bought it...  and you and I are in the same boat... my fishing is at lvl 11 as well... very slow going there for sure! 
    Can you make Lobster Chum?

Making 16 Lobster Chum (requires Level 8 Dockyard) generates 192,000 Fishing XP (FXP), that would give you enough FXP to gain about 5 or 6 levels right off the bat, and you'd gain several levels a day at least up into the 30's. At Level 37 it'd be one level every 2 days and that would continue up into your 50's.

Leveling Fishing is really easy with Chum.
    agreed, i make 190,000 fxp every 18 hours making 16 lobster chum im up to level 58 easy peasy lemon squeezy over some dover sole ;) correction level 59 now lol

also send oleg out training for you 11,664 fxp every 8 hours, plus making products in mermaid bar give you fxp every time you set  them off, you dont get much from the boats just 2,500 fxp every time you unload them but its still there to get.

best thing i ever did  was upgrade to level 8 dock yard i did it at the start upgraded as fast as i could,  ps i dont use gold on the fishing you dont need to 
  • edited 11.07.2017
    i would  like to take a few minutes to defend gold users i am or was a gold user myself,( its not right to call anyone who uses these boosters cheaters they dont cheat they take advantage of ggs's greed nothing more than that) my gripe is purely with GGS and their apparent greed and need to turn  most of the new things to gold generators,
    the fuku card event thing is totally unplayable by players who use the in game currency of dollars which i find unfair, ok they say you can play  you can get tokens in the game yeah right in 3 weeks since it started my farm has dropped 6 i might be able to play this event in 3 months if im lucky, the constant need to sell boosters irritates the hell out of me, and i wouldnt be supprised  if we do see ggs selling packs of points too, gold buyers play a vital part in this coughs ( sorry i have a cold ;) free to play game ^^ , their money helps to develop the game but there are already tons of ways to spend that gold i just want ggs to stop being so greedy. like that will ever happen ;)
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Using gold during these events is not cheating.  The whole point of these events is for GGS to generate money.  And really there is nothing wrong with that.    Because without all these players spending money there would  be no game to play.  The developers don't work for free.

Most online games work this way, in fact I don't know any online game that doesn't work this way.  You pay, you get more benefits and more advantages.  You want to play for free?  You can, you just are not going to get the benefits and advantages that the gold players get.  It is just the way it is, money makes the world go round.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    We are still early in the temp farm, but I am getting event points for fields, orchards, the mill, silo, and other things.  As the temp farm gets built up and the points come in faster, it seems like it should be very possible to get all 100 prizes in the event column.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Name one competition where you can just buy victory? Any sport, any competitive competition in the world today (apart from an auction), buying anything in "a competition" is frowned upon. Yes its within the rules but that doesn't make it right. If this is the way the rules are set up don't call this a competition, call it for what it is......an auction. For me personally it doesn't bother me that much because as a long time player I have seen GGS ruin every competition by giving a lazy player a buy out option. I feel sorry for the farmers that have put a lot of effort into this, farming day after day in the hope of winning a good prize.

If you have to BUY a prize then it isn't really a prize....its a purchase.
    EXACTLY!!!!!! 

Now you can buy better equipment. Better running shoes.  Better bicycle.  Even better training.   BUT actual competitions should be about the game.  

I liked it better when there were no competitions here.  IF you want to do battle, go to Empire or some other such game.  This was suppose to be about balance.  Now it just insanity.   
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Re reading through this, someone brought up how this game is turning more into an auction.
    Wish I could find that post, hit the nail right on the head there.   

GG is desperately trying to survive and throwing more and more auction like "competitions" with so called "rewards" out there knowing full well that the folks who do spend money on this, out of that group will be a certain percentage of people who have to win at any cost.   And will get into the equivalent of a bidding war buying every boost they can just to be the top dog.   It's totally ruined the game for those of us who just like a relaxed game, but they don't care. We aren't the ones dumping money at a game in order to "win."  

I have to ask everyone here, what exactly are we "winning" anyway?   A new doo dad to cram into our already stuffed farms?  That's it?   And have the gold spenders who gotta be first at everything ever actually done the  math and figured out how much cash you wasted just to get some graphic on a silly game?

I have dismantled more decor than I ever bought.   Inventory is stuffed.  And I keep trying to build more and more of a super farm just to stand the slightest chance of EVER winning one of the top event prizes so can't even set up a pretty farm.  Gotta go more for rows and rows of production.   Seems unlikely I ever will win a top prize.    

And now this world wide event has stuff FLYING OUT of EVERYTHING!!!!!  I have no clue what most of it even means.    What IS that little house with the burgers next to it?   Should I be thrilled I got so many out of my corn?   I have to wonder what my crops are laced with to make me hallucinate and see things flying into the sky while I harvest.   
    It's in the way.    Even the dumb blue stars flying everywhere once I started using the lab to make feed are annoying.

Events have become so tough, I can't get through them at all.  Even TRYING to win the second highest prize means non stop play for an entire week.  NOT likely in summer.   

The temp farms are a snooze.  Just to get seed, just to train horses.

The horse racing is a snooze too.   NO ONE has ever answered me when I ask what logic there is to the racing?  Why can I beat a level 80 then lose the next race to a level 20?  I just click through it every day, change out the trophy at the end of it all.   BIG DEAL!   Letting the island farm go this time.   

Coop challenges.   Would be fun if they weren't so frequent.  And that brings up the whole ongoing problem with coop membership.   Needs fixing.  Has for a long time.  New players are prompted to fill the task of joining a coop WAY too early.  Before they know if they will stick with this or not.    I'd say anyone applying would have to have an entry cost attached.   Then if they don't show up again, and eventually get kicked out, at least the coop gained something in the end.  Not just a wasted seat.

SIMPLIFY! 
    I've harped on this forever.   GG never listens.
    New stuff in this game needs IN GAME INSTRUCTIONS!
    NOT be forced to come to the forums and find LONG AND COMPLEX pages on all the many details of how to make something work.    I lost complete interest in anything that complicated.    
    NO instructions?  = NO INTEREST.

Coop village.   Lost interest. I don't see any reward in the end.  Just ongoing cost.
    Coop challenges.   Thankfully all three of my coops have lost interest in that mess.  
    The coop horse thing?   Again, WHY?   I don't know?   More questions about that than incentive to bother with it.

ALL of the above are lost means of GG making money the old way.   Buy things to help move faster, BUY things to give your farm a boost.   When I see a constant stream of stuff flying out of everything, I don't consider that a "reward" at all.   So where is any incentive to buy anything?

As for this whole competition (alias auction) to "WIN" against other players?
    Simply put, this is the wrong type of game for that.   GG will only get a very small percentage of people who gotta win no matter the cost.    I seriously doubt the business will go on much longer if they keep pushing in that direction.   Even those gotta win at all cost players will get thinned out by the ones with the most money to spend.  
    And people, what exactly is the prize?   

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 11.07.2017
    My main reason for wanting GGS to step back and cut out a lot of this nonsense is purely selfish.  The way they are running things now, the game will die.

I love the game and want to see it succeed and continue.  If they need more gold, they need to woo the low-to-non gold buyers with fun, relaxing, rewarding games where accidental gold-spending safeguards are in place.  I will happily empty my wallet then.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • I tried to do a screen shot and it didn't appear in my reply, I am useless at this kind of thing.  There is just a little cross saying image nil.  I will try again later but to describe it, I can't scroll either way on the bottom bit where it lists the things you can earn that type of point with, it is greyed out.  And above it says not available at the moment come back later, which I must admit I thought was a bit odd, because normally it would say you need to join a co-operative to participate or some such, not come back later!  So maybe it is an error as you say.  Please tell me I don't need to message support, it is too hot and sweaty for such exertion. 

@muggle1 (GB1)  Your description was fine :) The text is definitely a bug, but it is already known, so you do not have to do a ticket for it.  As I said, you should still get points for missions, so just ignore the funky message. :)
  • suus2005 (NL1)suus2005 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 80
     I read your posts artmaker and artful and your are both right from my point off view.
    GG is not listing to the players and i think that a lot of people will stop playing this game. It is too much, Fishing no thanks but i need to do it for the WWC. CC no thanks, but i need to play for the garage. I don't play with gold and i will never do. But GG has to listen to the players or the game will indeed die..... Stop with CC every two weeks, my coop doesn't play to win anymore, it is no fun, where not a big coop so we can't beat the big ones. I play to relax but the CC is not relaxing at all..... 

suus2005
    NL 1

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I have more than 60000 horse points and got the gold mystery box for hard work reward 100.  
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The main issue for me is this relentless push for competition. When I first started playing this game I enjoyed it because it was relaxing and fun. There were occasional competitions, a few events every now and then but that was fine. For the most part the competitions were fair, gold users did have the edge but nothing like they do now. I could come in after work, put my feet up and unwind by harvesting some things on my farm, make a few farm dollars, improve my farm with upgrades etc etc.

Now I come home after work and have to wade through pop up after pop up, hot deals, buy this buy that, be the best farmer and give us all your money.....pfffff enough already! After asking the "what is the point of the village?" question a number of times now it still remains unanswered. There's bugs galore, the game runs slow and is unplayable after about half an hour because there's too much content, spend gold popups seem to conveniently appear near my cursor as i'm collecting trying to cheat me out of my gold and if you are unfortunate enough to accidentally click one you lose your gold.....supports answer to that is usually along the lines of "enjoy the benefits of your gold purchase", yes i'm enjoying my extra 1 corn cob per harvest very much thanks *eye roll*.

There have been good updates but they have been few and far between. Golden week was great, Chinese New Year, Hard Worker, even WWC before GGS brought out that buy boosters for gold option. That has sucked the fun out of it because the majority of us know when there's a day or 2 left the heavy golders will come in and buy the prize. I'm expecting a buy points for gold directly option soon, its typical GGS!
  • Name one competition where you can just buy victory? Any sport, any competitive competition in the world today (apart from an auction), buying anything in "a competition" is frowned upon. Yes its within the rules but that doesn't make it right. If this is the way the rules are set up don't call this a competition, call it for what it is......an auction. For me personally it doesn't bother me that much because as a long time player I have seen GGS ruin every competition by giving a lazy player a buy out option. I feel sorry for the farmers that have put a lot of effort into this, farming day after day in the hope of winning a good prize.

If you have to BUY a prize then it isn't really a prize....its a purchase.
    EXACTLY!!!!!! 

Now you can buy better equipment. Better running shoes.  Better bicycle.  Even better training.   BUT actual competitions should be about the game.  

I liked it better when there were no competitions here.  IF you want to do battle, go to Empire or some other such game.  This was suppose to be about balance.  Now it just insanity.   
    I agree 100% and I find it wrong when just doing a daily that lower lvls that are like 100 lvls below you "cha-ching" there way to the top in just the daily alone. May not be considered "cheating" to GGS but to those of us that have poured blood sweat and tears into our farms seeing this on an ongoing basis know otherwise that it is not fair and as it may not be considered "cheating" per any of their rules, in the eyes of those that have spent all the time playing fairly and doing actual real work on their farms and not paying for it know otherwise. Gold should not be a deciding factor on winning or losing but I am seeing that with GGS it is the case.
Sign In to comment.