Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 6th - Worldwide Championship (WWC), New Horse Season and more! - Discussion

Comments

• How does this WWCC affect someone who choses not to belong to a coop, but just wants to farm peaceably?
    @cariecando (US1)  You can do missions to earn some points in the Cooperative category, if you are not in a coop. :)

@ Those asking about "taking part" -  The event will run for 30 days, during which time you will get points for just about everything that you do on your farms, so whether you try or not, you will most likely win several of the 500 activity rewards & also some coins to spend with the trader, so you are not under pressure to do anything special, if you do not want to, other than (as I saw someone suggest) cheer on the top 100 on your server & they may win you even more rewards. :)

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Of course we'll have to see how this actually turns out, but I think GGS has really made an attempt here to come up with a competition that doesn't require competition.  

Those using "unfair tactics" will actually be of real help to the rest of us, by hopefully making our server one of the top ones.  Yet everyone's production will help out regardless of how they play.  

Everyone can help themselves and others on their server by working a little harder at their normal production and upgrading/expanding, or by trying some new things they maybe haven't done before.  No matter your style of play, you'll still have a way to help out.

It looks like it allows those who live for competition to compete, and those who just want to farm in peace to also be contributors.  I'm hopeful.  :smile:

• i cant honestly see it just being about gold spenders anyone who can afford to use gold on everything for 30 days should really be on a yacht somewhere cos they have way too much money to spare lol.

• Although the WWC seems a great idea. I would have to so that having two championships running at the same time will detract one from the other. i.e. people will play the WWC more than the CC, so a conflict of interest.

There are other things the MODS etc can do to make the game better to play and more interesting without adding more championships

I don't think it will detract from any of the other events, if I understand it correctly it you are going to be earning points by doing what you would have done any way if the WWC was not running. so it should have the same effect on the CC as a event such as "where are my bees" has. 
    But who really knows, I guess we will need to wait and see
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    Yeahhhh 30 days holiday. Super idea that WWCC
  • from what i can tell you  can just carry on as normal and  you will earn  extra activity awards whats not to like  :)

omg i have nothing negative to say  lmao :P
  • I agree with @buddy194 (US1) I think the main purpose of the event is to reward players that logon every day and take part in the different events. 

I am looking forward to the update, GGS has really been making a effort to add nice features, features such as the new dock yard has made it possible to compete in the CC without spending tones of Gold, due to the dock yard you can now spend a few Mill per day on boosters without even feeling the effect on your farm dollar balance.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    One aspect I do like is that it's Global.  It will be fun to see how the other servers do.
  • I will see how this turns out.............

Am i hopefull...........yes

Can I play without loosing my job = NO

I am speaking to my lawyers as I type

• SteveUser (GB1)SteveUser (GB1) GB1 Posts: 70

Although the WWC seems a great idea. I would have to so that having two championships running at the same time will detract one from the other. i.e. people will play the WWC more than the CC, so a conflict of interest.

There are other things the MODS etc can do to make the game better to play and more interesting without adding more championships

I don't think it will detract from any of the other events, if I understand it correctly it you are going to be earning points by doing what you would have done any way if the WWC was not running. so it should have the same effect on the CC as a event such as "where are my bees" has. 

I'm sorry Doctor X I can't believe that, especially if the CC is running at the same time. I think the event is too long and should be done on an alternate week to the CC. It's hard enough to get players to play the CC now this has come along making it even harder to draw players to the CC. The event will be for the gold munchers as they'll top the servers everytime, so there's nothing for the average player to aim for.
  • Teejay52 (INT1)Teejay52 (INT1) Posts: 203
    edited 05.07.2017
    GGS battle with everything now.

Got desperate maybe?
    I dunnno anymore...

You are loosing players left right and center...

DON'T BE GREEDY GGS.

Play nice :-)

Watch this space :)

Posts merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 05.07.2017
    Regarding new horse season:  While my goal is to have an Asian feel for my Main Farm and always welcome Asian-inspired appearances, I do like the upcoming English theme.  Should I be lucky enough to win the deco, I think Dr. Who will be quite happy on my Gourmet Farm. :)
    Yes, but which Doctor Who?

Although the WWC seems a great idea. I would have to so that having two championships running at the same time will detract one from the other. i.e. people will play the WWC more than the CC, so a conflict of interest.

I'm sorry Doctor X I can't believe that, especially if the CC is running at the same time. I think the event is too long and should be done on an alternate week to the CC. It's hard enough to get players to play the CC now this has come along making it even harder to draw players to the CC. The event will be for the gold munchers as they'll top the servers everytime, so there's nothing for the average player to aim for.

I know that I differ from many on the following, but I am fond of having multiple events at once.  (I remember when they ran the HW during the CC).  The player  must then build a balanced farm, or choose to ignore certain events.  It levels the playing field in favor of the more strategic farmer.  I welcome more of that.

Let me see if I understand this.....we will get instant updates on the rankings on our server, but will not be able to see the global rankings, until they are announced in the forum......Is this correct?

If so, then could there be a forum post, once a day, that would let us know the top 100 (or some number of players) globally?

Posts merged | Cuddly
    edited 05.07.2017
    Regarding new horse season:  While my goal is to have an Asian feel for my Main Farm and always welcome Asian-inspired appearances, I do like the upcoming English theme.  Should I be lucky enough to win the deco, I think Dr. Who will be quite happy on my Gourmet Farm. :)
    Yes, but which Doctor Who?
    LAUGHING!!!  Depends on the day, I suppose.

QUESTION:  If players are allowed to have farms on more than one server, then technically, they could be playing for several teams, right?

Posts merged | Cuddly

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Looks like we'll get weekly updates:

"International status information: every Friday the event is running we will send you an ingame message with the current positions of all the servers."

• SteveUser (GB1)SteveUser (GB1) GB1 Posts: 70

I know that I differ from many on the following, but I am fond of having multiple events at once.  (I remember when they ran the HW during the CC).  The player  must then build a balanced farm, or choose to ignore certain events.  It levels the playing field in favor of the more strategic farmer.  I welcome more of that.

What I'm trying to say is that they should either have the CC event or the WWC event, as a main championship., not both it's just too much for many average player to contend with and especially those who have to work. I do agree with Teejay52 (INT1) though in that it'll drive a lot of players away from the game.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Of course we'll have to see how this actually turns out, but I think GGS has really made an attempt here to come up with a competition that doesn't require competition.  

Those using "unfair tactics" will actually be of real help to the rest of us, by hopefully making our server one of the top ones.  Yet everyone's production will help out regardless of how they play.  

Everyone can help themselves and others on their server by working a little harder at their normal production and upgrading/expanding, or by trying some new things they maybe haven't done before.  No matter your style of play, you'll still have a way to help out.

It looks like it allows those who live for competition to compete, and those who just want to farm in peace to also be contributors.  I'm hopeful.  :smile:

I agree with @buddy194 (US1) I think the main purpose of the event is to reward players that logon every day and take part in the different events. 

I am looking forward to the update, GGS has really been making a effort to add nice features, features such as the new dock yard has made it possible to compete in the CC without spending tones of Gold, due to the dock yard you can now spend a few Mill per day on boosters without even feeling the effect on your farm dollar balance.

Fully agree with you! I will just go on farming as I always do, and thus will automatically contribute in helping my server in the WWC. Whenever I have more time I can do a bit more during these 30 days. Nothing to get aggravated about, looking forward to watch how all servers will do ....

So, yes please @artful (US1), 2 lawn chairs for me please! I'll make a pile of wraps with smoked salmon (I seem to have piles of salmon today) for your food stand! 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lawn chair clip art
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Awww, man. You got me all excited.. But this is a red telephone box, not a blue police box. :)

<-- Whovian since the 70's. :)
    edited 05.07.2017

I agree with @buddy194 (US1) I think the main purpose of the event is to reward players that logon every day and take part in the different events. 

Fully agree with you! I will just go on farming as I always do, and thus will automatically contribute in helping my server in the WWC. Whenever I have more time I can do a bit more during these 30 days. Nothing to get aggravated about, looking forward to watch how all servers will do ....

So, yes please @artful (US1), 2 lawn chairs for me please! I'll make a pile of wraps with smoked salmon (I seem to have piles of salmon today) for your food stand! 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lawn chair clip art
    Love salmon.  Thank you so much, @Jiesta. (NL1)  You're right.  I don't think this is anything to get worked up about.  I'll be farming normally, and if a few trinkets land in my lap, I'll be happy.
    Awww, man. You got me all excited.. But this is a red telephone box, not a blue police box. :)

<-- Whovian since the 70's. :)
    It's his va-cay phone box.  :)

Posts merged | Cuddly
  • If I read the comments correctly, the Calendar will NOT be up just for the next few days, but will also reappear at a given time before each new Event, is that correct?  I think that the Calendar itself is a wonderful idea, I just don't want to have to try and memorize (or, heaven forbid, write down!!) all the upcoming Events.  If it will reappear in plenty of time to prepare for whatever Event catches my fancy, I'm good!

• aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    at least hard worker isn't scheduled during champs        any details on that boat that was mentioned ? the 1 with 100 stages   (better than any available in the game) ?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    at least hard worker isn't scheduled during champs        any details on that boat that was mentioned ? the 1 with 100 stages   (better than any available in the game) ?
    You may want to recheck the schedule ;)
  • @WascallyWabbit I see that upgrading buildings in the village will provide points toward this event. Will upgrading buildings on our personal farms have the same effect?
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

What I'm trying to say is that they should either have the CC event or the WWC event, as a main championship., not both it's just too much for many average player to contend with and especially those who have to work. I do agree with Teejay52 (INT1) though in that it'll drive a lot of players away from the game.

No, no, no - it is BY playing the CC that you participate in the WWC event.  It is BY doing the Hard Worker Event that you earn points for the WWC.  It is BY completing tasks in the weekly themed events that you help out your server in the WWC.  

The WWC doesn't ADD anything extra to do, it's more like an umbrella event that collects and adds up everything you'd be doing anyway.  The only real competitive addition is among those players who want to be the Top 100 on their server, and those players are probably already trying to do that anyway.
  • aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    no hard worker and cc at same time   both could make completing deco event harder though
    no hard worker and cc at same time   both could make completing deco event harder though
    Those are the two that should never run at the same time.  You farm a different way for each event -- farming for one can absolutely mess up the other.
  • I like the ones that count what you do and thank you for NO experience points as rewards.
    i don't like them
    I DO like Big Farm

have a good day!
    Sandy
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    There is one thing that I like about this update, and that is the event 'diary' icon giving details of what is going to be coming to the farm and when.  Could we please keep this AFTER the WWC has finished, as it is nice to know what to prepare for. 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I was very excited to see the Grandhouse when Steve was here but now I am totally disappointed because

"Top 1 WWC reward: Grandhouse Building"  Top 1 means only ONE winner. Or is this for the entire server?

@WascallyWabbit  
    "There are also ranking rewards for players on their own server"  What do you mean "on their own server" 
    Also, how many servers are there?

I like the concept of this WCC, hopefully it is also geared toward the smaller farms as far as rewards go because smaller farm tend to get left behind while the bigger farms get dandy duck coops and coop apple orchards and other VERY nice/useful rewards.

Off subject: I would like to see a seaweed liquid fertilizer and seaweed honeydew.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I wonder if the GGS staff folks have a running bet amongst themselves as to which server will win! :*  Does anyone know which server is the largest and which one is the smallest?
    Size does not matter in this event. It is counted by the top 100 players from each server.
  • Does anyone know what is, "A boat with 100 stages that is better than all the boats currently available."
Sign In to comment.