Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Accountability noted in Chat/Activity - Coop Upgrades & Voting

Prairiewitch (US1)Prairiewitch (US1) US1 Posts: 101
edited 03.09.2019 in Suggestions
In chat it shows activity of whenever anyone donates dollars or gold to the coop or when someone joins or leaves the coop, who added items for coop projects. So WHY isn't there some way to see when a member uses Coop Village dollars to buy something like Spruce trees or for an upgrade? Every penny of Coop Village dollars should be able to be tracked whether it be under chat activity or in the Coop village.  Even if it is something only the leader of the coop can see, somehow some way it should be tracked so a member can be accountable for wrong activity.    And while I am at it, we should also have a way to have it noted of who started an upgrade or accepted an application for a new member.  All of this should appear in activity and it would be easy. 
So again my question is WHY aren't these in chat activity? 
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Well I am glad to see that accountability has been added to chat for anyone who starts a village challenge.  Thank you GGS!. Now we know who the rogue member is who arbitrarily starts a challenge without making coop-wide notice first so we can plan properly and make strategies.
  • It would also be nice to see who is responsible for starting unwanted upgrades as well......... :o
    Oh yes, me too!....CuddlyFoxes, will you check with the GGS team to have that aspect (naming the one who starts upgrades in the Village in the Chat) added, like they did with the Village League Challenges?  Thank you very much.
  • I agree with everything that's been said here.... except for the fact that someone may not realize they are "starting" a village upgrade if they are the last one to "vote" on it..... I think the voting thing should be eliminated and just the lead and dep's allowed to start a construction like that, so that there can be strategy involved and planning as to when things get upgraded and messages can be sent out to prepare for things like that. With the random voting you never know when a thing will start.... and that is frustrating to no end when you are trying to make things in a certain order, etc......
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    The upgrades are probably being started by the voting feature built into the upgrade process.  Once the last vote is cast, the upgrade will start automatically.  Your leader needs to assign one or two deputies to start the upgrades and tell the other members to stop voting.  This may take a while.  It did with our group.  Now, it goes very smoothly.  Prearranged start times help, so everyone can start products with long production times
  • edited 28.06.2017
    The upgrades are probably being started by the voting feature built into the upgrade process.  Once the last vote is cast, the upgrade will start automatically.  Your leader needs to assign one or two deputies to start the upgrades and tell the other members to stop voting.  This may take a while.  It did with our group.  Now, it goes very smoothly.  Prearranged start times help, so everyone can start products with long production times
    this is how we do it in our co-op, 1 person starts upgrade  each wednesday no one else starts them voting is left till that day  works like a dream took a week or so but now its perfect,
  • We put in a request to show in coop activity log:
    • Who starts a village upgrade
    • Who starts CC boosters
    • Who accepts new members (again)
    WascallyWabbit, will you please add one more thing to bring up before the GGS team?  Please have it changed so that ONLY deputies can start the Village League Challenge.  Currently non-deputy members who have been a part of a coop for 30 days also have the ability to start the Village League...Please change this aspect so that should our leader remove deputy status, that member can no longer (while in a non-deputy status) be able to start the Village League Challenge. I still notice that we have non-deputy members who have the ability to start these challenges...and this should not be.  Please, please have this changed.   Thank you so very much!
  • edited 10.11.2018
    Hi,
        Could you please look at changing the voting system that is connected with the upgrades in the village,
    we have a system in place where we have 1 designated player who starts upgrades so that we can control them better BUT the last vote activates the upgrade automatically which is annoying, sometimes players  forget this happens, could you please look at changing this so the last vote doesn't activate the  upgrade,

i realize this  might have been mentioned a zillion times on the forum but i couldn't find it in this section.
    your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated

AndyH

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Totally agree with Andy.
    We have 2 Village Managers but this morning the M&M factory is mysteriously upgrading. It was almost certainly a mistake by one of our newer team members but there is no way to know who, (in fact they probably don't even realize themselves).  
    imo The village would be much better if only deputies could start upgrades and league challenges, at least they have been around long enough to know the ropes and have shown themselves responsible enough to get the job.
  • WascallyWabbit, will you please add one more thing to bring up before the GGS team?  Please have it changed so that ONLY deputies can start the Village League Challenge.  Currently non-deputy members who have been a part of a coop for 30 days also have the ability to start the Village League...Please change this aspect so that should our leader remove deputy status, that member can no longer (while in a non-deputy status) be able to start the Village League Challenge. I still notice that we have non-deputy members who have the ability to start these challenges...and this should not be.  Please, please have this changed.   Thank you so very much!
    @FarmerCli (US1) Yep that one is already in too :)
  • edu29d (GB1)edu29d (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    Hi

Is there a way to have some mention in the chat section of who starts the upgrade of a building in the village just like with coop projects?

I think this would be helpful to all coops who are taking the village seriously. In our coop there is a designated person who decides what building to upgrade and when. The problem though is with all deputies allowed to upgrade a building it can become awkward if someone starts an upgrade by mistake. If this happens we are left wondering who started it and hoping the person who did, firstly knows they did it and secondly is prepared to own up.
    Could not agree more.
    We have the same arrangement in our co-op but, as you say, mistakes still happen and if you know it was you then you can be sure not to do it again but if you don't know who it was nobody knows what not to do.
  • Katie R (US1)Katie R (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    edited 07.03.2018
    It would be really great to have names of individuals, who starts building upgrades in the village, names drop in chat very similar to how individual names making coop donations or adding collectables.  This will give recognition of the member starting an upgrade.  Part of the problem is that no one knows who starts the upgrade and sometimes folks may start an upgrade without discussion with the team. Accidents do happen in peeps who have happy trigger fingers but at least someone could educate them on an action taken.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    This has been an on going complaint about co op village ever since it was brought into the game :(
  • Katie R (US1)Katie R (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    Another suggestion is to also post the names of individuals who setup the coopcha boosters for same or similar reasons as mentioned above.
  • @WascallyWabbit  already stated that requests have been put in.
    We put in a request to show in coop activity log:
    • Who starts a village upgrade
    • Who starts CC boosters
    • Who accepts new members (again
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3567334#Comment_3567334

We are in the same coop we both know that there is no malicious intent when players accidentally start these things.  I doubt it will help though just to see the name since they are accidents. It doesn't really solve the issue.
    They could just change it to where it takes the leader or 2 deputies to vote to start the league challenge or the upgrades.  
  • I believe so, many times the deputies of a co-op go around events, village league, Co-op village checking order of things and it is very easy to press on a button without realizing that it will launch an upgrade or a challenge.
    I agree with Katie R, certain notions, should be identified with the player ID - for co-op info.

Maybe it's also possible to have similar option as we have with upgrades - when another pop-up opens, asking you once more, if you want to follow with the upgrade and pay the amount $$ /gold for it.
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    Can you include in the activity log who started any upgrade in the village coop. It's creating discord in our team.Just like what you did with the village hill everybody will know who started it...thanks!
    Yes please
  • Not sure whether this is the right place for the suggestion  but how about a Vet Clinic/ Hospital as a new building in the village?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    You may want to send out a message to all your members not to vote on the buildings. Once a building has all it's votes the upgrade will start on it's own. That is what we had to do and it is working great.
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

we are already doing that but sadly there will always be the "one"...:)

When they added the activity log on the village hill it stopped the untimely challenges.

@GGS while we are it also include in the activity log deputies who will use the cooperative contribution button. Thanks!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I hope for your sake, and others, they do come up with a co-op log file. It would be very helpful in a game such as this.
    edited 07.03.2018
    We have just had an upgrade started on the Jetty by mistake, a genuine accident, a mis-click. Now mis-clicks happen, it's a fact of the game, and, usually, they just affect the person who clicked but, on the Village, they affect the entire co-op. We have got appointed "Village Managers" and a great team who join in discussions but leave the actions to them but we are still getting mis-clicks, it's inevitable that it will happen with the current arrangement.
    How about an "Upgrade Lock" that could be set by the co-op leader and would prevent an upgrade from being started ?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Good idea.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Totally agree.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    We have just had an upgrade started on the Jetty by mistake, a genuine accident, a mis-click. Now mis-clicks happen, it's a fact of the game, and, usually, they just affect the person who clicked but, on the Village, they affect the entire co-op. We have got appointed "Village Managers" and a great team who join in discussions but leave the actions to them but we are still getting mis-clicks, it's inevitable that it will happen with the current arrangement.
    How about an "Upgrade Lock" that could be set by the co-op leader and would prevent an upgrade from being started ?
    Oh, I like this..

I send out an email to our co-op at least once a month begging them not to donate to the Jetty's UPGRADE area; I check it about once a week to make sure that the "last donation" isn't recent.  I'm scared to death that one day someone's going to donate enough to get the dock "ready to upgrade", then someone's going to start it by accident.

I really wish they'd give us a way to DOWNGRADE some of the buildings.
  • Hi :-)
    We would very much like to see a list of who donated what and when to the different buildings and functions in the village. Furthermore who votes for upgrades and who starts the upgrades. Like the one on the chatroom for donations etc to the coop? Or as a notice in the PMbox to the leader?
    In our coop we have a saboteur that starts unwanted upgrades, and use coop dollars to fulfill the demands for donations before upgrades can start. As this can be done anonymous, it destroys the coop from the inside. Not fun, and absolutely unnecessary. Hopefully it can be solved very soon.
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    edited 03.02.2018
    Using village dollars to fulfill the demands for donations on building upgrades is something that only the coop leader or deputies can do. Also, only the leader and/or deputies can start the upgrades without having a group vote.  Might narrow your list of culprits.

Hope this helps!
Sign In to comment.