Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Grand House...when will it be available?

KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
Steve gave us a sneak peek....now I just want to know, when will it be available?   ;) Check out the improved Happiness Level!

Comments

• Hey @KarenKay (US1) the Grand House is for a future feature. We will keep you guys updated in the Official Announcements section of the forum when we have more info. :)
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @CuddlyFoxes  Sure give us a glimpse and get us excited, then make us wait for it.  ;)
  • Thank you  CuddlyFoxes    ..... We'll be watching for it   B)                     
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Since I have used up every ounce of space on my farms, when the Grand House does come, will I have to demolish fields, cow barns, etc so to demolish the current houses in order to then set up the Grand House?
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I am thinking that this new type house may be for our new farm which I think is great new look for new farm better happiness.  Will be waiting and watching  I read new farm was coming at the end of summer on their website unrelated to the forum. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Since I have used up every ounce of space on my farms, when the Grand House does come, will I have to demolish fields, cow barns, etc so to demolish the current houses in order to then set up the Grand House?
    You would just have to make room for the houses themselves.

Demolishing two 8x6 fields would let you build one 5x15 Grand House, then once it's built up to Level 7 or whatever you could then demolish 3 "regular" level 7 houses and put this in place of it.  Your happiness would suffer while you're going that, but once you demo the regular houses your happiness would be better than what it started with (assuming they don't "adjust" these numbers before it goes live)..
  • Susan232 (GB1)Susan232 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 42
    I read new farm was coming at the end of summer on their website unrelated to the forum. 
    Could you please leave a link to this website. Thank you :)
    I read new farm was coming at the end of summer on their website unrelated to the forum. 
    Could you please leave a link to this website. Thank you :)
    http://media.goodgamestudios.com/press/releases-2017/170411_press_release_BigFarm_EN.pdf

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The grand house takes the same amount of space, gives the same amount of workers, but uses 25% less happiness compared to 3 adjacent regular houses.  
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Thank you, Southern for the info....I will keep that in mind when the grand houses come available.  :)
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    At max capacity, you get an extra 37 workers compared to 3 houses. As far as I know, still only available to the winner of the WWC and trust me, it takes a lot of bloody hard work and a lot of luck, not to mention the prayers in the dying stages of the WWC (result of competitors trying just as hard as you), to get it. Oh yeah, you also need to have bucket loads more time than the average player to get it. Got one yesterday, but too many other things to do on the farm, only got it to Level 2 so far. Come on over and have a look. If I'm not home, the bar should be open, but it is self service... Probably some cheese and bickies there too.

Was it worth it?
    • Yes and no
    • Yes, because I proved to myself I could win it
    • Yes, because my real goal was the 168 hours of 50% time bonus to achieve many upgrades on the farm. You know the ones you keep putting off because something else is always more important.
    • Yes, because in the process it allowed me to meet other farmers. Yes, the competition, but hey, we're all farmers here. Hell, we even sparkled each others farms. Real life farmers help each other.  B)
    • Yes, because even though it is an individual event, it showed off the wonderful support you can get from a good co-op and other farmers you are friends with. I already knew I was in a great co-op, but this highlighted it.
    • No. The reality of the extra 37 workers means you can only demolish one other house at best, not three as suggested. A regular simple house totals 45 at max. By demolishing one house, you displace 8 workers.
    • No, because making it only available in the WWC makes it a status symbol. GGS would do better to create a real bonus feature, with true value and sell the Grand House to gold buyers. Plenty would flock to that sort of sale and it would be worth it. Mind you, they could up the number of workers a little to make it worth gold. Are you listening GGS? Much better marketing ploy. Do I get gold commissions now?  :)
    • No, because for the time and effort involved, the value of the prizes is not worth it. The Level 6 Norfolk Wherry and Level 1 Skipjack I won in the much easier to deal with FHWE are far more valuable. They will give me a return value for the effort I put in, well into the future. Maybe not so for somebody on a much higher level than me (56 currently), but anybody building their way up, they make a huge difference to your fishing. 37 workers are gone as quick as you build or upgrade something else and then you need another house... Another hint for GGS: Allow workers to transfer across farms. That happens in real life. Most farms these days rely on transient workers. eg Backpackers
    • No, because of deprivation of sleep. Yeah, I know - that's choice, but necessary to win
    Will I do it again?

Will definitely take part in the event again, but as for winning!!! I doubt I will go as hard again. I'm not greedy. Somebody else can have the podium. The Grand House just isn't worth it. Ask yourself, "what is the value of 3 houses rolled into one and an extra 37 workers?"

Oh well, good luck to you all in the farming game.
    @5-10 Man (AU1), have they changed the numbers from the first post in this thread by KarenKay? 
    I don't know if they have different figures for different servers, but yep, different numbers. And sorry if the pix are too big. I should be in bed and just getting up..... not just about to go to bed.  :)

Also take into account the original post was 12 months ago... inflation.   ;)
    Also take into account the original post was 12 months ago... inflation.   ;)
    Appreciate the screenies, thought maybe @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) might want to update the stats for it on her site on the WCC page. :)
    Yeah but do you realise the upkeep on these things... I am sure you do. I have followed several threads with your comments, all good of course.  ;)   I am flatout keeping up with my spreadsheets, and more than half the time, don't bother. If it isn't in the head, well I pay for the mistakes...   :):):):)
    The other thing is of course, "where I do glean all my knowledge from to be able to have won the WWC?"
    CrazyBigFarm and a lot of the info that is still relevant from Larino....

Mind you, one has to get info from somewhere. GGS should be providing at a minimum, a basic website detailing in depth and easy to understand layman's terms for getting started instead of passing the buck to moderators.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you Southern I will get that updated.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    We are talking about the same Grand House that we get as Rank 1 reward in WWC .... right ?

Or is a new , improved Grand House set to come in future ?
    @TMKC1 (IN1)
    Yep, WWC reward... 
    Seriously doubt if anything new is coming in the future. Been following the edge plant disaster situation and nothing is going to happen yet because they don't have the staff to fix that problem.   :(
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I would really be disappointed to see any new content without the current problems being resolved first, such as the edge crop issue. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file