Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

GUI is too cluttered

Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
edited 09.06.2017 in Suggestions
at the very least can you put a hide button on the bottom main items/functions menu like you have on the sidebars, the play area is just so cluttered, especially when you zoom (like doing wildflowers missions, when you want to be quick etc)

and the top 'bar' item buttons encroach over play items/areas as well, couldnt you spread them across the top rather than doubling up on them? i reworked them in photoshop just to see if it was feasible and it was fine and functional without encroaching and would make for a much cleaner main game play area

hot deals and special offers only serve to exacerbate the problem, i know you want them prominent as they're part of your moneymaker but they'd serve just as well if they were down the sides under the sidebars, we're not blind, if we want to make use of offers we still would, having them up top doesnt make me click them and i doubt anyone else

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Hiding the bottom items would be a great addition.
    I suggested spreading the top stuff out a year or so ago. Apparently they all have to be able to fit on a minimum sized screen which is why they are as they are (contractual stuff with other game sites)  :¬(
  • I agree!!  I mentioned a collapsible tool bar at the bottom quite some time ago, in the "Tell Us What You Think" at the top right of the screen.......It would also be very helpful to collapse it during our "hunt" expeditions......The hot deals and special offers don't bother me as much.......well, except I can NEVER purchase them!!   :o
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    THIS!!!

at the very least can you put a hide button on the bottom main items/functions menu like you have on the sidebars, the play area is just so cluttered, especially when you zoom (like doing wildflowers missions, when you want to be quick etc)

and the top 'bar' item buttons encroach over play items/areas as well, couldnt you spread them across the top rather than doubling up on them? i reworked them in photoshop just to see if it was feasible and it was fine and functional without encroaching and would make for a much cleaner main game play area

hot deals and special offers only serve to exacerbate the problem, i know you want them prominent as they're part of your moneymaker but they'd serve just as well if they were down the sides under the sidebars, we're not blind, if we want to make use of offers we still would, having them up top doesnt make me click them and i doubt anyone else

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    Hiding the bottom items would be a great addition.
    I suggested spreading the top stuff out a year or so ago. Apparently they all have to be able to fit on a minimum sized screen which is why they are as they are (contractual stuff with other game sites)  :¬(
    that's a fair point tbh, i have a widescreen and have no idea how it looks on a standard monitor, so it may not be feasible then

• Corvid (GB1) said:
    i have a widescreen and have no idea how it looks on a standard monitor, so it may not be feasible then
    @Corvid (GB1)  The problem is with different screen resolutions & if you change yours to 800x600 you can see that the avatars & "Tell us what you think" buttons, go from corner to corner, as does the bottom bar & the 2 side bars.

We do have in a request to be able to hide the bottom bar & they did say that they would look into it - I don't know if it has a very high priority, but at least they didn't say no :)
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    thanks wascally
    and thanks from me too
  • Thanks from me too Wascally 
  • Scifi (GB1)Scifi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 78

If you have got Windows 10, you can do a ctrl - alt - del, which enables the Task Manager.    From there you can see how much your CPU or WiFi is being used.   My CPU goes from 70% when viewing the whole farm, to 10% when viewing just the sky.

If it ever goes over 100% your computer is likely to crash, and will need an f5 reset.

• so i just logged in and there are offers stacked up over my field the circle ones are now in two rows- this is too much!  I'm feeling pended in and I'm constantly clicking them because I'm struggling to get around them- thers just no room anymore.Since enlarging the farms its already harder to collect particularly the very bottom left and now your taking over the top.

Why not have offers in the field like the latest from the trading floor.  That way if we want offers we can click in to see whats on offer. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We've been asking them to at least string them along the top, rather than having 2 rows.
  • We've been asking them to at least string them along the top, rather than having 2 rows.

I hope they listen because I had 3 rows :) that and the boosters its just silly.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We've been asking them to at least string them along the top, rather than having 2 rows.

I hope they listen because I had 3 rows :) that and the boosters its just silly.
    They prolly won't.  If I zoom out as far as I need to to declutter my farm, the game isn't playable on my devices.  And with all that's going on, the thing has slowed down so much, I have trouble dragging my farm.
  • We've been asking them to at least string them along the top, rather than having 2 rows.

They prolly won't.  If I zoom out as far as I need to to declutter my farm, the game isn't playable on my devices.  And with all that's going on, the thing has slowed down so much, I have trouble dragging my farm.
    I have trouble dragging too, and zooming out doesn't help me either not now that we have more extensions on our farms.
    These things should be thought of when implementing new ideas. bigger farms more room needed.
    I cant use special feed on one chicken coop because I have my chickens in the lower left corner-I know move them some might say but I have always had them there and its not right when I move them its habit and for speed of harvesting, if that makes sense :)
  • menphus (AU1) said:
    I cant use special feed on one chicken coop because I have my chickens in the lower left corner-I know move them some might say but I have always had them there and its not right when I move them its habit and for speed of harvesting, if that makes sense :)
    @menphus (AU1) Rather than zooming out, if you zoom all the way in, you should be able to feed those chickens. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    menphus (AU1) said:
    @menphus (AU1) Rather than zooming out, if you zoom all the way in, you should be able to feed those chickens. 
    I would suggest to move things around a bit so your decos are in the lower left corner to help prevent you from not being able to harvest those chickens quickly when needed
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I agree find a new place for all the offers and hot deals and stuff. 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    menphus (AU1) said:

Zoom in and miss the other things happening on our farms....I play on a laptop and the clutter at the top of the screen is ridiculous, they could string it down the sides. All these nonstop changes and throwing everything they have at us while ignoring what we want is just going to chase us away!

• menphus (AU1) said:

Zoom in and miss the other things happening on our farms....
    @FarmerKar (US1) I was not suggesting playing that way, but there are (at least) 3 places where the ring menu is compromised for some people, depending on their screen resolution. One is that bottom corner plot on the main farm, where the bottom of the ring menu goes behind the toolbar, another is the far left plot on the flower farm where the left side of the ring menu can be off screen & there is also the far top right fishing location, on the deep sea screen, where the right side of the ring menu can appear off screen. Instinct is to try to zoom further out, but zooming right in is the solution, as it makes the ring menu smaller & brings it back to where you can easily click it.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    They need to put them out of the way.  Let US come to the offers if WE want to.   But they seem to feed on shaking peoples pockets.  I HAVE clicked on some dumb offer while trying to actually play and gold "poof" gone.  Support claims there's a delay.  There was NONE.  Poof gone in one click when a thing just happened to pop up right as I'm clicking.   

Now granted the positioning has to be dead on and this only  happened the one time.  (so far.)  

So they took back their own gold.  All the gold I have in this game was built up saving the dribbles and drabs they hand out free.   I won't put any more real money on this ever.    Not for any company who does everything they can to take it without making sure I wanted to spend it.

GEES, go into ANY store, and pay, and your given an amount, then hand over cash, then get a receipt.
    OR pay with credit card and first have to sign before it goes through.

WHY can't the game developers get it that just taking cash any witch way they can is bad for business?
    Are they THAT STUPID?    Must be because no matter how many times a gold lock is asked for, it will never happen.   

Well mine is locked.  They can give it, and they can take it back.  It's not real money.
  • Brian22 (GB1)Brian22 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    The clutter on the screen is ridiculous. All the wasted space with the rows of icons (for no reason) block the playing surface. Do you people not know how to make icons smaller or even better, to not make them at all? Add another page to the game, perhaps an island on the big map that displays all the information we don't need to see to play the game. We want to be able to see out farms, not all this crap and the exclamation marks that make one think it is something important. 

Get your heads out of your butts and try making the game better, not worse!
    Another solution would to be to put them in a third column on the new Rewards and Gifts display. We are in and out of that quite frequently so we would keep seeing them and they do pop-up when they first appear as it is.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Yes, I've lost SEVEN players now, because of the clutter.
    FOUR of them were regular gold buyers. Have two more who aren't playing as much, and thinking of leaving.
    It is sad, this game can be SOOO good.
    : (
  • Lee45 (AU1)Lee45 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10
    Well it appears they just made it worse. I could zoom in and a scroll bar allowed me to move all those icons off screen, now when you zoom in ... icons just get bigger and smother the farm and no scroll bar appears.

Can no longer zoom in on opened menus. I cant even read anything....wasted months indeed. I think they only look after gold buyers in here.
    Try using the zoom option on your browser  (possibly ctrl+). for me, that behaves in the way that you describe.
Sign In to comment.