Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Collection Amounts

This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, I'm Meela, The Numbers Guy.

Comments

• I understand that tool boxes is a main concern,but for the asian event,where u have to collect cranes is ridiculous. I spent many hours harvesting and planting to get maybe 60 cranes and i need 2,00!!! With one day left,this is impossible.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Hi Meela,
    Welcome to the forum :)

http://prntscr.com/ekhqkg

I need a whopping 30k more clovers for just one increase in happiness value :/ . I got 53 value at 48k and for 54 i need to collect 32k more  :(  and its going to just keep on increasing  :(
    Please try to change these numbers  :| atleast for next year St Patrick event ;)
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Hi Meela,

I need a whopping 30k more clovers for just one increase in happiness value :/ . I got 53 value at 48k and for 54 i need to collect 32k more  :(  and its going to just keep on increasing  :(
    Please try to change these numbers  :| atleast for next year St Patrick event ;)
    it is so high , may be we can cover only in cc that doesnot came :( , i think cc will not effect St. Patrick event but yes Meela can you tell us after reaching a certain stage why we need huge clovers for 1 happiness only ?
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    When you decide on the balance for a new event, do you have a concrete image of an "average farm" in mind, or is it based on data from player farms?  For example, if players are required to collect apples for an event, do you say "The average mid level player should have X apple orchards making Y apples per harvest, and should harvest them Z times per day, so we'll assume they make X x Y x Z apples per day"?  Or do you say, look at the overall apple collection numbers per day for mid level players and average it out to get what the average player should collect?
  • MeelaMeela Guest Posts: 13
    I understand that tool boxes is a main concern,but for the asian event,where u have to collect cranes is ridiculous. I spent many hours harvesting and planting to get maybe 60 cranes and i need 2,00!!! With one day left,this is impossible.
    Hi Lana,

For the themed events like Asia, these collectible drops are definitely the hardest part. We have an idea for improving these events (which would include changing these drops) but no plan to change them in the near future, sorry.
  • MeelaMeela Guest Posts: 13
    Hi Meela,

it is so high , may be we can cover only in cc that doesnot came :( , i think cc will not effect St. Patrick event but yes Meela can you tell us after reaching a certain stage why we need huge clovers for 1 happiness only ?
    Hi Rocky and ashim,

The 53-54 point was indeed where the happiness became way more dificult. It was the point higher level players should've reached quite easily and thus got a deco comparable to the Snowman (likely with some village happiness on top). Going past that point was aimed mostly at those who wanted to compete for the ranking rewards as a bonus to their ranking reward.

When you decide on the balance for a new event, do you have a concrete image of an "average farm" in mind, or is it based on data from player farms?  For example, if players are required to collect apples for an event, do you say "The average mid level player should have X apple orchards making Y apples per harvest, and should harvest them Z times per day, so we'll assume they make X x Y x Z apples per day"?  Or do you say, look at the overall apple collection numbers per day for mid level players and average it out to get what the average player should collect?
    Hi Pietral,

It's actually kinda both of the things you mentioned :smile: Having an image of an average farm is useful for completely new parts of the game, where there is no data to use yet. When there is data, I use it both to know how the farms look like (production possibilities) and how much players actually produce on them (realized production). The former is important to making sure the event isn't too hard for an average player and the latter is key to not being surprised over how much more players who like to skip do actually produce :smile: Then, based on what the team goals for the events are (do we want to push players, make it more relaxed etc.), I set the amounts needed for rewards.
  • Meela said:
    I understand that tool boxes is a main concern,but for the asian event,where u have to collect cranes is ridiculous. I spent many hours harvesting and planting to get maybe 60 cranes and i need 2,00!!! With one day left,this is impossible.
    Hi Lana,

For the themed events like Asia, these collectible drops are definitely the hardest part. We have an idea for improving these events (which would include changing these drops) but no plan to change them in the near future, sorry.
    So I just harvest 5 fields of roses and not a single firefly from the bunch, this AM i harvested 9 fields of wheat and again, nothing! Four fields of violets finally netted 1 jar of fireflies. I thought the special seed crops were supposed to increase the likelihood of a drop but it seems not? This feels broken?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @Delcie (US1) have a look here for the drop rates you'll see roses don't work very well
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/themed/Fairy_Tale_Time.htm
  • @Delcie (US1) have a look here for the drop rates you'll see roses don't work very well
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/themed/Fairy_Tale_Time.htm
    Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong chart? All I see there is that roses yield fewer fireflies than other crops when they do drop. My concern is that it doesn't really matter whether a particular type of field yields ten fireflies or two, if  the majority of fields themselves don't generate any fireflies at all.
     My understanding was that special seeds were more likely to generate drops, not less likely (regardless of amount dropped). I believe Yarnacle recently gave  a hint that stated that too.
    If I can plant ten fields of corn and in ten minutes have more fireflies than I can get in thirty minutes with ten fields of roses what is the benefit to planting roses? It doesn't make sense.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    As you are discovering roses are not that effective for that item/fireflies. The reason for planting roses is the sale price and the achievement ;) You are correct that special flower seeds usually yield more of the drop items. Event depending ;-) A good reason to check http://crazybigfarm.tk/index.html for the drop rates of the current weekly event.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file