Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Championship

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Back to the original post, I definitely see a lack of involvement/playing.  Our coop is doing the usual number of missions (that is to say, no more than our regular play), and we are much higher than we should be in the rankings.

Even having a CC once a month was too much.  Every other month was fun and gave us time to build up our farms and resources.
  • gourmet farm? surely the Flower Farm was the  moneymaker before the dockyard - honeycream gives out near a million per round and more if you're in a coop (or do soaps if you're at the comp and are so inclined, returns are similar per hour)

(and sending oleg out to fish, then sell them off as the lazy option, surpassed the Flower Farm as well)

regarding the actual point of the thread :) CC twice a month is once too often imo
    yep sorry was a mistake meant the flower farm :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Village competition would be my least favorite, the rewards are simply not worth the drama, frustration, and bugs associated with them. I don't mind the CC all that much but my group play them very casually with certain hard worker rewards being the target rather than the ranking prize. Its a good way to get lucky with some gold from boxes so a bit of gold here and there is appreciated.

Chinese New Year and Golden Week are my favourites and more events like these should be introduced into the game. The event currency was a great idea!
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 05.06.2017
    Village competition would be my least favorite, the rewards are simply not worth the drama, frustration, and bugs associated with them. I don't mind the CC all that much but my group play them very casually with certain hard worker rewards being the target rather than the ranking prize. Its a good way to get lucky with some gold from boxes so a bit of gold here and there is appreciated.

Chinese New Year and Golden Week are my favourites and more events like these should be introduced into the game. The event currency was a great idea!

didn't they use to give gold flower seeds in this event?
    In CC? Yes they still do but its rare.....some gold boxes will have them but they are few and far between.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    and the prizes are?????     :D
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    It is a surprise!  o:)
    The prize is a serendipitous post and a flag
  • @gizmo22 (AU1)

What, they have improved the prizes?

Yes slightly.....if they threw in a Nills Nordstrom avatar along with the post and the flag i'd be overwhelmed with excitement over this upcoming CC.   :D
  • Why can't we vote for level of difficulty in gold league like in the past?????
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Gumbyfoofs (US1)  it is a bug and will be fixed with the upcoming update and now the challenge has been delayed to Saturday.
  • Yes slightly.....if they threw in a Nills Nordstrom avatar along with the post and the flag i'd be overwhelmed with excitement over this upcoming CC.   :D
    I don't care much about the avatar, but Nills Nordstrom himself.... Oh yeah I would be down with that! That man is fiiiiiiiiine!
    Cherish the few suspicious brushes u may have left (since they have now been removed from CC rewards) and use them to brush nills nordstroms golden locks. He looks like he needs a good brushing, a suspicious one  :p
  • So I see that the Game Developers, in their infinite greed and dubious wisdom, have not yet eliminated the Wheel of Fortune from the Weekly Co-Op Competition.  There is NO need to actually do any work; simply spend enough real money to buy gold and spin, spin, spin!!!  Eventually you will land enough times on the Experience Points spot and you will be Big Man (or Woman) on Campus and win the "special prize"!!  What a joke!!  Make it a real competition or call it what it is - another way to earn money for the corporation!!

R

• BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    Can someone tell me how someone with 4 cow barns (me) is supposed to compete successfully in a mission against someone with 26 - yes, 26! - cow barns?

During the day, especially during the Championship, I keep getting put on missions with people that are able to produce thousands of *whatever* within the first minute or two of the mission. This is ridiculous. I don't even bother running missions during the day anymore, except during the Championship.
  • Can someone tell me how someone with 4 cow barns (me) is supposed to compete successfully in a mission against someone with 26 - yes, 26! - cow barns?

During the day, especially during the Championship, I keep getting put on missions with people that are able to produce thousands of *whatever* within the first minute or two of the mission. This is ridiculous. I don't even bother running missions during the day anymore, except during the Championship.
    @BFDSS (US1) It is true that you are not likely to beat the higher level players, but the aim is to get RP & certificates & you get more of both when you are in a mission with high scores. To benefit you just need to come anywhere except last place, you do not have to win :)
    Championships would be so much more challenging and fun if we did Rookie vs Rookie, Bronze vs Bronze etc... and a winner in each Division! Lower level Coops don't have a chance to win much in any of these Championships.
    I have been saying this from the get-go.
    Can someone tell me how someone with 4 cow barns (me) is supposed to compete successfully in a mission against someone with 26 - yes, 26! - cow barns?

@BFDSS (US1) It is true that you are not likely to beat the higher level players, but the aim is to get RP & certificates & you get more of both when you are in a mission with high scores. To benefit you just need to come anywhere except last place, you do not have to win :)
    Have you looked at the difference in rep points earned for first place vs 5th place? If I can win a mission, I get anywhere from 10,000 to 30,000 rep points. Compared to 3-5,000 for 4th or 5th place? It's hardly worth the time.

And no one likes to go into something knowing from the start they can't win. That's just going through the motions. It's not fun.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Check out the thread Mission RP Divjsion. Rp is mainly based on how much you harvest and the bonus for placement is dependant on the total that all players harvested. Coming 2nd to someone who scores 10 times as much as you will get more points than coming 1st with the same amount of harvest. 
    Check out the thread Mission RP Divjsion. Rp is mainly based on how much you harvest and the bonus for placement is dependant on the total that all players harvested. Coming 2nd to someone who scores 10 times as much as you will get more points than coming 1st with the same amount of harvest. 
    Thanks Uncle John, that was a really good read.

But still ... it's a competition - the whole point of a competition is to win! ;)
  • Teejay52 (INT1)Teejay52 (INT1) Posts: 203
    edited 30.06.2017
    2 mins before start of CC........see..........

grrrrr
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I started missions at 28 min before the CC was to start so that the rep points gained would count toward the CC...but now the CC tent is not there and now my rep points are lost to the CC standings.  Is the CC being delayed?
  • there is sometimes a delay from when the count down stops to the tent appearing 
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I have stopped starting missions before the start of the CC. You never know when it will really start. I wait for the tent to appear.
    I posted this elsewhere, so please forgive if you're read it.

A little off topic, but an observation.  I don't know if the number of players is down overall, or if it's just the number of players taking part in the CC.  My non-competitive coop usually ends up around  150-180 in the rookie league.  We've slowly been climbing up even though we have just a few members left now, and very, very limited involvement.  Last challenge, we ended up in the bronze league without even trying -- never would have happened if the same number of players were doing CCs as they were in the past.
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283

A little off topic, but an observation.  I don't know if the number of players is down overall, or if it's just the number of players taking part in the CC.  My non-competitive coop usually ends up around  150-180 in the rookie league.  We've slowly been climbing up even though we have just a few members left now, and very, very limited involvement.  Last challenge, we ended up in the bronze league without even trying -- never would have happened if the same number of players were doing CCs as they were in the past.
    Artfull you are 100% right.
    But due to every 2 weeks a C-C running many players are not motivated anymore to do their best for the Coop anymore.

Wich is basicly normal in my eyes. I prefer the time that there were only every 3 months a 8 dasys running C-C.
    The most players thinking but not saying that they don,t have the time anymore to play relaxed the game. Now with the Village-Challenge it is all hands on deck everyday. There will be players wich will say: But you don,t have to take part in every even,t C-C or whatever. 
    Well for those players i have the next question. Do they like the freeriders in the Coop??
    I guess not,but the real fun has left the game a long time ago. 

• What I especially consider bad sportsmanship is gold co-ops trying to steal away players from smaller co-ops, and then saying it is part of the game.  It is not part of the game.  It is a choice.  As leaders we train everyone coming in, and dedicate time.  If they choose to leave on their own, I'm ok with that.  But, I don't think it is classy to message someone who is already part of a co-op, especially when that co-op is small.  It is disrespectful.  In addition, when I message a leader, and they then put my farm level down, and that they can offer much more to that player, that is additional disrespect.  Let's not be conceited, and just play the game farmers!
  • Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87

I would like to know ALL the +10h price for ALL  personal boosters, without having to buy them 1st.

is there a list somewhere ?

edited 01.07.2017

Artfull you are 100% right.
    But due to every 2 weeks a C-C running many players are not motivated anymore to do their best for the Coop anymore.

Wich is basicly normal in my eyes. I prefer the time that there were only every 3 months a 8 dasys running C-C.
    The most players thinking but not saying that they don,t have the time anymore to play relaxed the game. Now with the Village-Challenge it is all hands on deck everyday. There will be players wich will say: But you don,t have to take part in every even,t C-C or whatever. 
    Well for those players i have the next question. Do they like the freeriders in the Coop??
    I guess not,but the real fun has left the game a long time ago. 

I think you are right there, BB.  While a CC eight days duration would drive me nuts, I would welcome the four-day event as we have it now if they came just every 3 months.  Even once a month seemed stretching it, but that would seem like a vacation now.  We need the time in between to build up our farms and stock supplies.  

Post edited by artful (US1) on
Sign In to comment.