Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 02.06.2017
    On the issue of fishing time, when I am fishing from a full pool and not depleting it, my times tend to calculate perfectly.  I do find them off when (1) there are not enough fish to use up all of the "fishing time" and (2) when you exceed the travel time with time-savers, but I have not figured out the exact discrepancies.  

I still have not seen a problem with pools not regenerating or moving around properly.  That works fine for me.....so far.
  • I think the problem of fishing time will be a bug.
    Calculation formula for lifting time per one person is calculated not "fish caught per hour" but "capacity".

When using Norfolk lv 1 which is not equipped, capacity 25 but only three can be bred in one hour.
    I calculate the time to catch one mistake here as 144 seconds. (Originally 20 minutes / fish)
    The number that can actually catch is 3. Since the capacity shortage is 22, it is calculated as 3600 - 144 * 22 = 423 sec.
    In other words, 3168 seconds the fishing boat will leave early.

(translated by google translate)
    ---
    釣り時間の問題はバグでだろうと思います。
    1匹当たりのつり上げ時間の計算式を"fish caught per hour"ではなく"capactiy"を用いて計算しているようです。

何も装備していないノーフォークlv1を用いた場合、capacity25だが1時間で3匹しかつれません。
    ここで間違って1匹釣り上げる時間を144秒と計算している。(本来は20分/魚)
    実際に釣れる数は3。容量不足は22ですので3600-144*22 = 423secと計算してしまっています。
    つまり、3168秒漁船は早く帰ります
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572

these  two location are vacant from mng but it is not reseting dont know why , any idea let me know ?

• these  two location are vacant from mng but it is not reseting dont know why , any idea let me know ?
    did you harvest all your boats?

i had same issue before i think harvesting fixed it. also sent a ticket to support but they were unhelpful
  • Well it does not seem to disappear once the fish are gone have had one stay empty for close to 8 hrs and have had same fish holes have lobsters in them for three days.  No complaints just sharing observation, very tricky with no real pattern that you can depend on for FHW  so you may get thwarted by the luck of whats in your pools..
    This persistent fishing location is empty for more than 50 hours now and doesn't disappear. Going to a different farm and back again didn't work. Other fishing spots disappeared and new fishing spots came sometimes with delay but this one is stubborn.

these  two location are vacant from mng but it is not reseting dont know why , any idea let me know ?
    did you harvest all your boats?

i had same issue before i think harvesting fixed it. also sent a ticket to support but they were unhelpful
    yes i did
    this problem is solved for u or not  till now ?
  • What about with chum, is this working?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    You would think that when the daily task asks for a certain fish, then a fishing hold for it should show up.  Today, mine ask for 50 swordfish, but no holes are stocked with swordfish....I do have one hole (been there for over 24hrs) that has 1 tuna in it.  Do I need to completely empty the hole of that 1 tuna in order for swordfish to show up?
    If you completely empty the location that has the 1 tuna in it, that spot will vanish and one of the other 13 will spawn, but which one spawns is completely random. It might be swordfish/cod/salmon, or it might be lobster, or the new spot could be tuna/herring or clams/oysters/shrimp.

(Once the hole is empty, you do have to wait for the boat to get back, AND unload it, for the spot to respawn).

That's why it's good to keep a motorboat or two on hand; they're fast, and can empty out those locations that only have a few fish in them faster than a larger boat can. IE., you don't want to send a Trawler out for 15 hours to catch 1 Tuna when a motorboat can do it in 3 hours (including travel time). :)
    edited 03.06.2017
    What about with chum, is this working?
    chum is not working right now
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    For the daily task to Catch 50 herring.

I sent out a level 6 Runabouttout with
    3 Paul, 3 Coolbox, 1 Gerald, 1 Joe, 1 Fish net and 1 Oyster Chum each.
    Total = $63,400

My catch was 40 herring!

I couldn't go after swordfish or salmon yet, no pools, but they should be the same.
    You could replace Joe or the chum for another coolbox and get 6 more fish.

For the daily task to Catch 50 herring.

I sent out a level 6 Runabouttout with
    3 Paul, 3 Coolbox, 1 Gerald, 1 Joe, 1 Fish net and 1 Oyster Chum each.
    Total = $63,400

My catch was 40 herring!

I couldn't go after swordfish or salmon yet, no pools, but they should be the same.
    You could replace Joe or the chum for another coolbox and get 6 more fish.

That's because chum (supposedly) isn't working right now, or else you would have "caught" 46 Herring - still not enough for the daily task, though. 

Your maximum capacity on that runabout is 40 fish, so you at least caught what you were supposed to, minus the chum bonus (which isn't working).

You'd probably need a Wheeler to catch 50 fish at once. I usually equip mine to carry 61, but I think it's still a level 1 or level 2 - I'm focusing more on getting all my Trawlers built and upgraded before I worry about the smaller boats; quantity is my focus, not speed right now. :)
  • You would think that when the daily task asks for a certain fish, then a fishing hold for it should show up.  Today, mine ask for 50 swordfish, but no holes are stocked with swordfish....I do have one hole (been there for over 24hrs) that has 1 tuna in it.  Do I need to completely empty the hole of that 1 tuna in order for swordfish to show up?
    If you completely empty the location that has the 1 tuna in it, that spot will vanish and one of the other 13 will spawn, but which one spawns is completely random. It might be swordfish/cod/salmon, or it might be lobster, or the new spot could be tuna/herring or clams/oysters/shrimp.

(Once the hole is empty, you do have to wait for the boat to get back, AND unload it, for the spot to respawn).

That's why it's good to keep a motorboat or two on hand; they're fast, and can empty out those locations that only have a few fish in them faster than a larger boat can. IE., you don't want to send a Trawler out for 15 hours to catch 1 Tuna when a motorboat can do it in 3 hours (including travel time). :)

@ southern(us1) i prefer sending trawler with sav travel instead of mototr boats
    it return in 10-15 mins genrally if the pool has few fishes 
    @ southern(us1) i prefer sending trawler with sav travel instead of mototr boats
    it return in 10-15 mins genrally if the pool has few fishes 
    If that's the case, good to know. :)

I still wouldn't want to tie up a trawler for a few hours catching 1 Tuna when I could have it out fishing up 150 Swordfish instead, though. I'd recommend always sending out the smallest boat you can, at least when emptying the last few fish from 1 spot to make it respawn. 
    Southern (US1) said:

16k nails. Every 12 hours. Hoooooooly Moley.  Yeah, that boat would sink in my Co-Op. lol :)
    But do you need to do them?  My coop unlocked the second row of donation items with only donating a few nails and mostly just side crops.  We hardly ever donate anything close to a majority of the nails to the repair.
    Maybe.  There doesn't seem to really be a difference between 0% (FULLY repaired) and 10% (MOSTLY repaired); he's still on the 6 hour schedule, and all the rewards seem to be there (the 3 common rewards, and the 16 personal ones).  So it's possible that if you donate everything else (and get him to 10% or below), you might be able to get away with not donating the nails.. We'd probably need someone with a Level 3 Jetty (like Karen) to confirm that though. :)

Oh, I can think of one difference. If you FULLY repair him within 60 minutes, you get an extra 1 (or 2) common (Co-Op) rewards.  You'd definitely lose those extra rewards (not that I think anyone would care, one or two less seeds. Big whoop. :smile:)
    Tried this last night, and ran into another roadblock.

Since none of the 3 parts of the boat were at 0%, and the only thing left were nails, many of the folks in the co-op were unable to donate any bakery goods to get their Friendship meters up.  So we still had to donate enough nails to get 1 section of the boat fully repaired so that everyone else could donate enough bakery goods to get their friendship meters to 100%.

So it looks like you'd still have to donate enough nails to complete at least 1 section of the boat, unless you get lucky enough to find 1 section that doesn't need nails (but that's random).
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I am back Southern to try a fish run for swordfish with a level 1 skipjack. I will not be able to tell you how it dose until tomorrow because it will take 13 hours, but I hope to take in a great deal of swordfish. I loaded on 1 Ian, 3 freezer, 1 Nancy, 1 Lisa and 1 bent trolling rod.

edited 03.06.2017
    I am back Southern to try a fish run for swordfish with a level 1 skipjack. I will not be able to tell you how it dose until tomorrow because it will take 13 hours, but I hope to take in a great deal of swordfish. I loaded on 1 Ian, 3 freezer, 1 Nancy, 1 Lisa and 1 bent trolling rod.

$4.5 Million worth of Swordfish. Not a bad haul. :)

Just wait till you get those Level 4+ Trawlers out and fishing. :)

{Edit: I just calculated my fish inventory.  Since 5/31, I've made $62,732,207 from fishing, and I'm not even halfway done building my fleet yet. @Marowit, going to need that swimming pool very soon. :smiley:)
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 04.06.2017
    False - "Harvest Ready" on Fishing Region

I will get a green check mark at the right-side production timer for the fishing region telling me there's something ready to harvest.   I go to click the green check mark-- takes me to the fishing region, then  the farm management screen opens automatically.  There will be no boats or chum that are ready to collect at that time.

Refreshing the browser, then logging in again restores an active production timer.

While I'm visiting my fishing region I usually open the farm management screen to fill organic market contracts, sell extra inventory, sell fishes.  I'm guessing this error has some correlation between the two.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also notice when I send a boat to fish, that boat will disappear;  switching to a different farm then returning to the fishing region-- the boat will magically appear where its suppose to be.

• berylk (HIS1)berylk (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 8
    i have a boat now but  for the life of me cannot figure out how to send it to fishing! help?
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    @berylk (HIS1)

1. You have to find a fishing pool in the sea (there should be 6 of them, the one in deep - dark blue waters are easier to notice).
    2. Put your mouse cursor on the pool and press the mouse button. The ring menu should appear.
    3. Choose the icon of the fish on the ring menu. The window with fishing data and boats will appear.
    4. Choose the boat and press the green arrow at the bottom right corner and you are done.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Has anyone noticed if there is a pattern to which hazards are likely to affect the fishing spots.  Is it completely random or are certain things likely to show up in certain spots?
  • I have a question on fishing.
    How the hec do you get fish? I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I only get 1 fish and it usually ends up being a crab. Please help
  • I only have 4 boats at the moment. 2 of the motorboat, the next one, and the one after that, as that is all I can get. When I send them out, I only get a crab usually. I need help on how to get fish. I have no idea what I am supposed to do, as far as what I load it with etc, where to send it,
    Thank you
  • HELPPP, I have no idea what to do with these boats. I only have 4 for now. 2 of the motorboat, then one of the next, and one of the next after that. I need to level up before I can buy other boats. However, when I send them out, they only come back with one crab every time. What do I need to do to get fish? I am not sure what to load the fish with before I send it out. any help would be really appreciated.
  • Helppp, I have no idea how to get fish. I only have 4 boats. 2 motorboats, then the next two after that, until I level up. I send them out, and always only get 1 crab. Please can someone tell me what to do??? Thank you
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 07.06.2017
    @Freebirdrb (US1)
    Have you checked out https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/120809/Simple,%20Basic%20Guide%20and%20Tips%20for%20Fishing%20with%20new%20dockyard%20boats/ships. <br><br>Edit Something the matter with my ability to post links - this seems to bring you back here &nbsp;- &nbsp;I will try again in a bit ! &nbsp;(ty Jiesta)<br>
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • Kimad (US1)Kimad (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    Jetty dock times never allow me to participate. Next time it docks is 3:45 A.M.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    This website has lots of info on the fishing:
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/dockyard.htm

• Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    I have 2 regions in fishing which did not close after all the fish were emptied and one of them is from 2 days.I don't understand how this works.From what I understood ,Once you fish everything it closes and opens a new one ,once every 24 hrs but these 2 regions were like that still open with no fish,one more than 48 hrs and another around 29 hrs.
Sign In to comment.