Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Totally bored with the dockyard, I have only 3 low level motorboats but find it so time consuming to have to drag each and every item required to the boats.  Also having a boat out fishing for 6+ hours and coming home with 4 fish - that leaves me 'gutted' (excuse the pun).  Dont see the point of using farm cash on this part of the game, and will definitely not be using it any more.
    4 fish would not inspire me either. Use crew to extend the fishing time and carry extra storage and your catch will be much better. A lot of dollars to be made here, millions a day.
  • MarowitMarowit Guest Posts: 59
    Hey!

Yes, that is the point of the dockyard, you can use it without caring about it, just by sending unequipped ships for some easy small profit

But once you figure out the optimal equipment pattern you will be swimming in cash.

Just keep fiddling around with the items until you find a equipment style that works for you.

Hmmm we should make an even where you have a swimming pool and you fill it up with cash and then go for a swim :)
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    Marowit schrieb:

Hmmm we should make an even where you have a swimming pool and you fill it up with cash and then go for a swim :)
    Smells like a new decoration idea :neutral:
  • copymouse (INT1)copymouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 61
    Yesterday I made profit about 15 millions from dockyard.
    I have 14 boats, I invested a lot money for upgrading and still investing, but when I upgrade everything it's just a huge money.
    Cool thing is that, for example today, I am fighting to clear pools with low profit fish just to get some pools with expensive fish. It's nice that you really have to think what boats to send and how to clean pools using 4 boats.

One suggestion - when upgrading boats and depending on what boat, they should be more resistant on storms, sharks...
    Especially trawler and skipjack.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    There is a hotfix coming.  Does anyone know what it is about?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    Why level 6 Skipjack in storage and after putting down in the water level 4
  • is fishing level important? seems like the boats and upgrades all require player level and not fishing level. The only things I can think of are mermaid bay and then the HWE for fishing levels, unless I am missing something. 
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 05.07.2017

Post edited by woodenskull (US1) on
  • I'd just like to know how i can catch carp
  • Too bad, one of our coopmembers can't get it to work. He can't buy any boat on the dock, same for making bait... not possible. There are no options like upgrade, buy a boat etc, only the Informationsign.
  • Too bad, one of our coopmembers can't get it to work. He can't buy any boat on the dock, same for making bait... not possible. There are no options like upgrade, buy a boat etc, only the Informationsign.
    It looks like he didn't complete all of the fishing tasks. A few tasks can be found on the main farm: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/154396/tasks-for-olegs-fishing-quest 

• Does chum even work?  My  chum doesn't  make my fish  load large (yes, I had capacity).  Tomorrow I'll post a screens.
    Does chum even work?  My  chum doesn't  make my fish  load large (yes, I had capacity).  Tomorrow I'll post a screens.

Chum works, but only when you use the correct chum and when you have large capacities (large boats and freezers).  It is particularly helpful if you want to send a large boat out for a long time.
    It now appears that chum does not work.  I have used it quite successfully until today, but after today's update, it does not work.  Did you guys do something to that part of the program?  Please let us know.  I don't want to keep calculating, if there is no reason to.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I was just thinking that too......I thought I was imagining it when I saw the numbers of fish that I collected from one of my boats. It fell well short of where it should have been and there were no fish lost during the trip. The pool regeneration is also confusing me because I thought ALL pools regenerate after 24 hours but I seem to be stuck with the same ones as yesterday....half fished out.
    Please fix timer for dockyard and flower farm, cause every time I collect chum, sign on flower farm stay and I can see when something is finished on flower farm.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 01.06.2017
    UPDATE:  Cleaned out my cache again.  Twice.  Success!!!!

@Southern (US1)  Thanks for your tip.  It took more than one try, but finally!!! :)
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 01.06.2017
    Will the bluefish ever return so that they can be fished from the dock?  All some others and I have are still only bonito.  

@Southern (US1)  Thanks for your tip.  We did clear out our caches, and still no bluefish -- just bonito. *sigh*
    @artful (US1)  Do bluefish show up if you use bluefish bait, or don't bluefish show up either way?
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The dockyard currently makes only 1 chum at a time.  Reducing the time it takes to make 1 does not make it more efficient unless the player visits more frequently.  I suggest that upgrades also increase the number of batches it can make at a time.  This allows the dockyard to be running for a longer time such as overnight without having to stop at 1 batch.  

• As for not working chum. I don't know what it was before hotfix, but  I noticed  something "weird":

English:  Bonus to fishing speed.
    Someone know something about this how chum works at the moment?

The dockyard currently makes only 1 chum at a time.  Reducing the time it takes to make 1 does not make it more efficient unless the player visits more frequently.  I suggest that upgrades also increase the number of batches it can make at a time.  This allows the dockyard to be running for a longer time such as overnight without having to stop at 1 batch.  

Exactly.  I am hoping for larger batches (5-8 at a time).  With larger boats, the need for lobster, tuna, and herring chums, in particular, becomes big.
  • Grammy26 (US1)Grammy26 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    edited 02.06.2017
    By the way, the Architect has been gone for a really long time.  He did not come at all between the last two CC's.  Thursday will be three weeks.  There is more and more in the game that requires him.  We need him more often, not less.
    my thoughts exactly gavin!! it's getting to be a bad habit that ggs waits too long to send steve and then we all gotta scramble and of course buy gold to complete our upgrades b4 the coopcha starts!!! beginning to really get annoying!!

Edited to combine posts
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    edited 01.06.2017
    WascallyWabbit said:

Despite being a public holiday in Germany yesterday, I think that there was a considerable amount of communication & answered questions, I am sorry that you feel it was inadequate. :(

That was last week on May 26.

I have purposely focused only on details and less on process for several days now.  I wanted to make sure that GGS had the "room" to work.  However, time is going by, with very little communication sprinkled in.

Are we going to get any upgrades/fixes to the fishing problems this week?  It has been over a week since deep sea fishing was introduced, and nothing has happened and very little has been said.  GSS has criticized me for pointing to a lack of communication, but this is precisely what I am talking about.  If there are going to be no upgrades/fixes to the fishing, just tell us.  We can handle that.  Please don't misunderstand.....I really like the deep sea fishing.  I want to make it better.  But we could be given some word about when that might happen.

ALSO

We have confirmed that only 2 GMLs are present in the Fish HW event.  The ones for ranking in places 6-50 were not there for any bracket, as we were originally told that they would be.  Their is a "trust" between GGS and the users.  That trust is harmed when information is withheld.  It is not hard for GGS to tell us whether or not those GMLs will be there next time.  It is a very simple question.....yes or no, will those GMLs be present next time?  If the answer is no, then just tell us.  The inability to communicate the answer only makes the "trust" between the user and the developer more troubling.
    edited 01.06.2017
    Will the bluefish ever return so that they can be fished from the dock?  All some others and I have are still only bonito.  

@Southern (US1)  Thanks for your tip.  We did clear out our caches, and still no bluefish -- just bonito. *sigh*
    @artful (US1)  Do bluefish show up if you use bluefish bait, or don't bluefish show up either way?
    UPDATE:  Cleaned out my cache again.  Twice.  Success!!!!
    By the way, the Architect has been gone for a really long time.  He did not come at all between the last two CC's.  Thursday will be three weeks.  There is more and more in the game that requires him.  We need him more often, not less.

He was here May 25.  But, you're right, he needs to come more often.
    On the Adventurer's boat in the village.  If I repair the boat, then I can donate bakery items.  If I donate enough, the indicator slides up to the top and it says that he will brings me a really big reward next time.  However, the quality of the award never goes up.  It is the same as if I had not donated anything at all.

The higher you get the reward indicator, the more items appear in the Personal Rewards window:

(Denoted by the arrow).

The above image is when the reward indicator is around the 25% mark.

When the reward indicator is all the way to the top (100%), the window should look like this:

This means that all 9 slots of the personal reward box will have something in them the next time the boat docks.

Yes, I am doing that.  What the do the green "+1" indicators mean?

Also,  you can donate a certain amount and then the buttons get greyed out.  For example, I might donate 200 apple pies and then they are greyed out.  However, if I donate 5000 apple pies that first time, it will take them.  But it does not seem that I get any better reward for these higher amounts.
  • Is there a way of determining how long it takes a boat to get to a fishing location? I see time saved with the various people but not times to each spot. I presume each location and each type boat will be different but there is nothing about that in the game.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Those are enormous quantities Gavin ! Once the red Friendship meter on the right is at the top, donating more achieves nothing. Donate 10 at a time till it reaches the top (100 - 150 in total)

And I too would like to know What the do the green "+1" indicators mean?
Sign In to comment.