Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 30.05.2017
    The fishing HW depends on luck because if the type of fishing area does not appear, it will take a whole day before the fishing areas refresh and it will take a very long time to catch all of the fish from a fishing area and get lucky with 1 new fishing area.  It does not make sense for a fishing competition to ask for fish that will not appear for an entire day.  
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Does the amphibian farm machine have any effect on the Deep Sea fishing?

Is it supposed to have an effect on Deep Sea Fishing?
  • MarowitMarowit Guest Posts: 59
    Hi,

No the Amphibian is not supposed to affect the Deep Sea area.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Wow  would have been nice to know that before I built it to use with this part of the game.  
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    I already built 9 boats, I was wondering what is the maximum number of boats you can build? Has anyone reached the limit yet? 
  • Sa11y (US1)Sa11y (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    edited 30.05.2017
    I already built 9 boats, I was wondering what is the maximum number of boats you can build? Has anyone reached the limit yet? 
    14, I do believe
    Link to the main announcement : https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/154001/update-may-24th-dockyard-deep-sea-fishing-more#latest
    Does the upcoming fix contain anything besides the village league pop-up?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just a Deep Sea Quick Reference I made for myself, perhaps someone else will find it handy as well.

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Just a Deep Sea Quick Reference I made for myself, perhaps someone else will find it handy as well.

thank you that is very helpfull.
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137

How can you add the equipment and the protections when you only have 4 slots and not 6?
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    @Krislilwife2004 (US1)
    Upgrade.
    With each upgrade, you will get one extra slot. 
    edited 30.05.2017
    Two things that we need!

Overall, I do like the boats and deep sea fishing.  Look at this image.  I would like to suggest two things that would make it much, much easier to use.  There are two numbers that I need for every boat which are not present on this screen.

I can subtract 1:18 twice from 5:30 and find that total travel time is 8:24.  Fishing time is 2:48.  This boat will be deployed for 11:12.  It would be great if the number 11:12 were shown on this screen........so that it is always clear as to what the total "deployed" time will be. 

Second

I can take 16 fish per hour, and multiply that times 2.8 hours and get 44.8.  and then multiply 44.8 times 1.25 (for chum).  That is 56.  So this boat, while deployed will catch 56 fish (admittedly some could be lost).  It would also be great if this number of 56 fish could be displayed and could change/update whenever I add remove worker that do fish per hour, fishing time, and chums.

These are the two numbers that I need to properly manage the boats............  The total deployed time and the total potential fish caught.

Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    @Krislilwife2004 (US1)
    Upgrade.
    With each upgrade, you will get one extra slot. 
    Upgrade of the boat correct?
  • I like this update :smile: love the new fishing. The fishing-HWE came a bit too soon and it was not fun noticing the boats requires the building slot, but otherwise very happy with the new content :smiley: A very nice way to get huge amounts of dollars. But what I found tiring was the constant dragging of equipment and crew to the boats. Couldn't we have some way to make our own standard crew and equipment for each boat, so we don't always have to drag a minimum of 56 equipment/crew when sending the 14 boats out to fish (notice these calculations are with 14 level 1 motorboats, bigger boats have more places for equipment/crew). However there are more important things to change and fix, like the problem of waiting on a fishing hole with a specific fish for the HWE and the thing that we don't know which boat at the dock contains what fish.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I absolutely love the new fishing region, having a great time with it and learning all that can be done and made ($) from it.

Had fun with the FHW, I was a lucky one that had all the fish available as I needed them, but can understand some of the frustration of others who did not... It was the first one, let's see how this goes in the future and everyone has the Oleg tasks done and dockyard available and upgraded and boats out hauling in fish! As for the fishing holes, sometimes they didn't change til I left the region and then went back... so still not sure of the 24 hour changes...

Good Job Overall GGS! :)

Love this @Southern (US1) thank you very much :)
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 30.05.2017
    I have 4 lobster areas and 2 clams, shrimp and oyster areas.  There are no swordfish, salmon, cod areas or herring and tuna areas.  My daily tasks for deep sea fishing have not updated yet even though 24 hours have passed.  
    I have no Swordfish, salmon, cod areas either.... just got to fish out one of the other areas to hopefully open one up :)
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I am so very happy that there is no limit on how many fish I can catch!...During the Fishing HWE, I must have stockpiled a ton of different fish....made a lot of chum and sold the rest....the lobsters give the best returns, then swordfish.....this fishing thing is a great money maker....At first I griped about having to buy all the gear, but now I realize that you get reimbursed plus when you sell the fish!  This is great!

I am going to stalk your fishing farm after you posting how much you are making LOL.  Now that I am getting the hang of this I am quite enjoying it.

And thanks to everyone posting tips and breakdowns cause that stuff gives me a headache!
    edited 31.05.2017
    We also need the ability to make more than one chum.  At all levels of the dockyard, we can only make one chum at a time!  I would like to make 4, 5, or even 8 at a time.
  • Just-Ique (NL1)Just-Ique (NL1) Posts: 61
    edited 31.05.2017
    We also need the ability to make more than one chum.  At all levels of the dockyard, we can only make one chum at a time! 
    More would be great. You can make 2 chum with salmon.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    We also need the ability to make more than one chum.  At all levels of the dockyard, we can only make one chum at a time! 
    More would be great. 
    and 5 with (1) Swordfish.
  • Rowdy Rac I had a few errant missions hiding, finally got to the dockyard, you were correct :-)

edited 31.05.2017
    More would be great. 
    and 5 with (1) Swordfish.

This is true.  I was worried mostly about Tuna, Herring, and Lobster Chum, as these are the most useful ones.
  • are you guys using the chum, or just selling for profit? I am pretty sure chum is not very helpful until later stages in game 
  • We also need the ability to make more than one chum.  At all levels of the dockyard, we can only make one chum at a time!  I would like to make 4, 5, or even 8 at a time.
    more would be great, and same with nails for the coop village :)))))
  • copymouse (INT1)copymouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 61
    We need new HWE, first one was test.  :)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Totally bored with the dockyard, I have only 3 low level motorboats but find it so time consuming to have to drag each and every item required to the boats.  Also having a boat out fishing for 6+ hours and coming home with 4 fish - that leaves me 'gutted' (excuse the pun).  Dont see the point of using farm cash on this part of the game, and will definitely not be using it any more.
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    bdreish (GB1) schrieb:
    Totally bored with the dockyard, I have only 3 low level motorboats but find it so time consuming to have to drag each and every item required to the boats.  Also having a boat out fishing for 6+ hours and coming home with 4 fish - that leaves me 'gutted' (excuse the pun).  Dont see the point of using farm cash on this part of the game, and will definitely not be using it any more.
    Hey!

Dont give up ! You need better boats! Upgrade the dockyard and as soon as you have better boats with the right equipment you will catch more fishes and earn much more money! :)

Cheers
    Pichu
  • WHERE DO WE FISH SHRIMPS. CAN NOT FISH SHRIMPS.
Sign In to comment.