Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Lester - Won't you be my neighbor?

2»

Comments

• PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Can you maybe explain then why some players get them every 2 months and some never had them before? And what are the conditions to trigger him to show up?

There is a player who is buying gold regularly and he gets Lester every 2 months, i also buy gold regularly and i NEVER had Lester here. Could it be the case that i play on a external gaming site, because in the rest we almost play the same.
  • Can you maybe explain then why some players get them every 2 months and some never had them before? And what are the conditions to trigger him to show up?

There is a player who is buying gold regularly and he gets Lester every 2 months, i also buy gold regularly and i NEVER had Lester here. Could it be the case that i play on a external gaming site, because in the rest we almost play the same.
    What gold packages do you usually buy ? i have a prediction that if you buy the ones with the most value (IE 2x or 3x bonus) then you don't get lester. My friend gets Lester weekly and it actually annoys him because he has about 20,000 gold and lester always requires 170,000 gold. 

I am new to the game and got lester only once, and it was IMMEDIATELY after I bought a gold package. The offer I fullfilled was not a 2x or 3x offer, but it was a booter offer (4x drop rate for 15 minutes). This was highly advantagous for me since it boosted my rank in the last event by a couple thousand points. I got lester at 17,000 gold and I had 16000, with gold mine almost done so it was easy for me.

The lester deal is too good to be true, which makes sense why he will generally not appear if you are looking for him and are savy enough to understand how it works. It is essentially free gold, which is not something good game would ever want. The idea is to get you to spend real money on coins. 

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I for 1 do not buy gold on a regular bases. More like once or twice a year and for small amounts when the 2x offer is on. I get "Lester" on a regular bases. Only the first time he visited was I able to take advantage of his gold offer.
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 05.07.2017

Post edited by woodenskull (US1) on
  • Gratiappp (NL1)Gratiappp (NL1) NL1 Posts: 39

Hey

I'm a very active player and I have not visited the bigfarm ever since, since the launch of the sprinkhini plague, February February 2015. There have always been a response saying they could not do anything about it because it completely Random happens. Well yes that may be good but before you get random make sure you have all your account.
    My co-player gets lester almost weekly. But I have NEVER been 1 time since launch.

Greetings gratiappp
  • As Lester always asks for at least twice the gold I currently have, I think his offer is slightly worse than the 2 for 1 gold offer. I've bought gold 4 times over the last year, and it seems like he show up every 2 weeks for me.

I've never taken his offer as I would have to buy another 100 dollars worth of gold to meet his limit.

Even if I took his offer, I would have spent 200 dollars on gold, and received 200 dollars worth of gold back. ( 2 for 1 )

Then, even if I held on to the 200 dollars in gold until the next time Lester shows up, he would just ask me to buy another 200 dollars in gold to meet his minimum. ( 2 for 1 again )

You only get x gold if you spend that same x gold in 24 hours. This can be really difficult, especially at high gold amounts and high construction times. So it's not that good of a deal because you don't quite get to spend it how you want. For example, if you goal is to buy the handbooks, you can't really get them at the 20% off. Constructions are limited by time, and so you will be using gold to speed those up as well. 

However, if you are able to trigger Lester consistently and spend a LOT of money, it may be very valuable to invest into upgrading the gold mine. Using the gold mine is a great way to spend gold without actually spending gold, and by upgrading it you reduce the time and, in turn, reduce the gold required to speed up the production. 

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 03.06.2017
    May I ask?  What are those "conditions" that trigger a visit from Lester?  Maybe I am doing something wrong that he is not showing up.  If I knew, then I would do something differently....Thank you for your help. o:)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    May I ask?  What are those "conditions" that trigger a visit from Lester?  Maybe I am doing something wrong that he is not showing up.  If I knew, then I would do something differently....Thank you for your help. o:)
    You can ask, but they won't tell you. :)

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Yes, I imagine they keep their lips zipped on any secrets that might help us!  :/
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 04.06.2017
    Well lester is on my farm now and he wants me to spend 61000 gold  well no temp farm  no steve have all the land so no where to spend  that kind of gold  so dont know what all the hullaballoo is to get him.  I whispered in his ear to visit Gavin at Victory Ridge lets hope he had his listening ears on. 
    Post edited by Damaria3 (US1) on
  • I think that it is very unfair how often Lester is offered to  my farm.
    I have not been offered Lister for the last 8 to 10 months , yet my husband and my children farms have been offered lester multiply times in this time frame. Can you explain why this happens. What are the conditions to trigger him. My husband use him and my children do not. There is a statue of fairness that should apply to all players. this does not seem to be happening.
  • I think that it is very unfair how often Lester is offered to  my farm.
    I have not been offered Lister for the last 8 to 10 months , yet my husband and my children farms have been offered lester multiply times in this time frame. Can you explain why this happens. What are the conditions to trigger him. My husband use him and my children do not. There is a statue of fairness that should apply to all players. this does not seem to be happening.
    @julie longford (AU1) Unfortunately the team will not reveal Lester's conditions, so I cannot give you an explaination :(  As your other family members appear to be doing something differently from you, all I can suggest is that you try to work out what those differences are & test if you can find what triggers him. :)
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Lester has still not come.  It has been 9 months.  This is getting absurd.  If you cannot fix this or disclose what I am failing to do, then I going to stop buying gold.  I am being treated very unfairly.  This must be fixed!
    Gavin are you buying gold weekly ? if yes then dont buy continuously he ll visit your farm and  try not to change the amount of gold that u had , like some people spending and buying gold daily in those farm lester is not visiting , but there are some people too that didnt used a single gold after buying then lester visiting their farm atleast once in 2 weeks .

• @julie longford (AU1) Unfortunately the team will not reveal Lester's conditions, so I cannot give you an explaination :(  As your other family members appear to be doing something differently from you, all I can suggest is that you try to work out what those differences are & test if you can find what triggers him. :)
    lol seriously? He comes if you buy gold. Period. I send him away several times a month. It is terribly scammy. To use him you will have to spend a LOT of gold. If you have a lot of land plots left to buy or library books, maybe it makes sense. Just make sure that when you DO accept his scheme that your gold is depleted. Or very low. His demands will not be as severe if you don't already possess a pile of gold. If he comes and you do have a bunch of gold, I'd suggest spending it before accepting his "offer"... 

• I have been playing for 16 mo.& have had Lester twice. I don't miss him.

• welcome Pichu :)
    i have a doubt about lester , lester is not visiting our farm from past 6 months but he is constantly visit those farms that buy gold , wanted to know the reason why 1 person getting 1 visit of lester in a week while some people are here that does not get ist visit of lester too .
    Hi Pichu 
    Welcome to the forum :)
    i have not bought gold in the game from the start and lester has not arrived here even once :(
    This is unfair . Please make changes so that we can also get lester
    Even we nongold buyers can save up a lot of gold earned from HWE and CC and Horse season
    So please send Lester to the farms that dont buy gold also :)
    We dont need him frequently but i am playing this game for past 8 months and never got Lester even once :s

So please make sure even nongold buyers get lester atleast once a month
    Hi Rocky,

I'm sure is not abut whos buying gold or not, cose i do buy gold but, i've seen Lester, on my farm, just once.
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191
    Lester always ask for you to spend more gold than you have.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file