Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• copymouse (INT1)copymouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 61
    edited 29.05.2017
    When producing chum, boat on flower farm and fishing farm have notification how much time till the end of producing chum.
    And when you collect chum from one of that two places, on second is still sign that something is finished.

edit:
    After I log out and the log in, it shows like nothing is producing on flower farm.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    I was wondering if GGS are going to make it so you can use the fish, oysters etc from the dockyard to make recipes in Mermaid Bay?
  • Hello Moderators,

I did a spreadsheet on chums selling price but I found an error on profits calculations, I dont know if this was intended or not but selling profits should have no negative number

@ryune (INT1) Thankyou for your calculations, the numbers have been checked & found that the amount required to produce Oyster chum is wrong. It will be changed to 3 with the next update. :)
  • Having done moderately well in the FHW Event, I now have lots of Lobsters...

How are we going to sell these fish?   There are no recipes that need them.

• Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    we can sell them and make chum from them, but it would be great to make recipes too. :)
  • Just found that they are sellable in the Products part of the Inventary.

The swordfish sell for a really good price.

• If you are having difficulty doing the 'Fish with Bass Bait' task, try releasing your bait in the Ocean Blue Tank, which has just Bluefish and Bonitos.   That way your Bass will stick out like a sore thumb, and you can catch it with your first cast.

• How do we calculate travel time?  I can calculate time saved, but I must not know how long it takes to get to each type of fish........If I use the same boat, with the same number of time savers it takes different times for different locations, and boats have different speeds.   Is this listed anywhere?
    Are all lobster pools the same distance away, or for the ones that are physical drawn farther from shore, does it take even longer to get there?

If you click on the fishing  pond  and choose go fishing,  there will open new  window, and on top  of this window is given time to reach  that pond.  From this time you must substract  all your saved time (from  boat+crew). Let's name it "effective road"

And  total  time of "absence of the boat" is:  effective road +  fishing time + effective road.  

Effective Road is doubled because  in pond is given time for trip from dockyard to pond.  Time from pond to dockyard is the same, but  you  must account that too.

• has anyone been able to successfully place their norfolk ferry or Skipjack from the hard worker event? I keep getting errors saying that I have no slots available when I try to place them. I already deleted two of my boats. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    has anyone been able to successfully place their norfolk ferry or Skipjack from the hard worker event? I keep getting errors saying that I have no slots available when I try to place them. I already deleted two of my boats. 
    Have you checked the level of your Dock building? It must be a certain level in order to build certain boats, also your building spot must be available to use.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Okay, I need some help please.  I am trying to send my boat to fish for lobster etc in the nearest of the fishing areas.  I have equipped the boat but I am unable to deploy it as I am getting a message telling me that storage capacity is inadequate.  I have bought the largest freezer and have every one of the storage boxes - what do I have to do to be able to go fishing?
  • has anyone been able to successfully place their norfolk ferry or Skipjack from the hard worker event? I keep getting errors saying that I have no slots available when I try to place them. I already deleted two of my boats. 
    Have you checked the level of your Dock building? It must be a certain level in order to build certain boats, also your building spot must be available to use.
    That's not true, because i can successfully place the norfolk wherry just fine. If it were true, then that's a bigger issue that they are giving out these as prizes to people in (currently) low fishing level brackets. I was in 25-35 bracket during the HWE. 

Yes my building slot is also available, and yes I also have less than 14 boats.

• loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    Hi there,
    The area that held the oysters - clams - shrimp is missing? it used to be 2 little hills with orange and blue oysters and clams on it now it's disappeared :(  it disappeared halfway through the HW. :'(  How do i make it appear again and if it is a bug please fix it. I can not do the side task as it is asking for shrimps which have disappeared. many thanks Loron x
  • Hi Loron, you have fished all of them out.   So you now need to fish out another area, then the Shrimp area will re-appear.  There are only 6 areas at an time.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    How do we calculate travel time?  I can calculate time saved, but I must not know how long it takes to get to each type of fish........If I use the same boat, with the same number of time savers it takes different times for different locations, and boats have different speeds.   Is this listed anywhere?
    Are all lobster pools the same distance away, or for the ones that are physical drawn farther from shore, does it take even longer to get there?

If you click on the fishing  pond  and choose go fishing,  there will open new  window, and on top  of this window is given time to reach  that pond.  From this time you must substract  all your saved time (from  boat+crew). Let's name it "effective road"

And  total  time of "absence of the boat" is:  effective road +  fishing time + effective road.  

Effective Road is doubled because  in pond is given time for trip from dockyard to pond.  Time from pond to dockyard is the same, but  you  must account that too.

That is what I have been doing.  I think I just miscalculated a few times.  What if this........When you click on a fishing location, and then click on a boat, what if it told you before sending it, what the actual time would be.......

such that  once you chose a boat, it said:

1:20 travel to
    3:00 fishing
    1:20 return
    5:40 total
    70 swordfish
    40 cod

Wouldn't that kind of summary be totally awesome???
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    I thought the prize of a gold box for the top 5 players would actually be the gold box.  It was the gold/silver box, which is hardly a decent prize.  You need to stop calling both of these boxes "gold boxes" as they are not the same.  We need to be able to differentiate them!

@gavinfarms (US1)
    I assume they call gold boxes the mystery boxes where you can find gold flowers and gold mining licenses. In any case of the 3 gold boxes that exist, that is the second best, the best being the gold/wooded box and the worse the gold/gold box.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 29.05.2017
    I tried to send a boat to a fishing spot but ended in another one. I am certain that I did not mistake as I took a screenshot to keep track of the fishes. I tried to send it to a tuna/herring place, but it ended in a close by lobster one. Could it be because that fishing spot is supposed to expire but has not disappeared as I have other boats on it? In any case there should be a notice and not sending the boat to another unwanted place and leave the player unable to do anything.

Edit: it is a display bug. Changing farms showed a different setup. The Actually a bit more than a display bug since after my boat was sent to the lobster place, I could not sent boats to the lobster place as it showed I had 4 boats there with that one. Now that I left and came back, I can send other boats there.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The task for Have 4 sonars actually meant Buy 4 sonars.  I have 10, bought 1, but task progress only increased by 1.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 05.07.2017

Post edited by woodenskull (US1) on
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I suspect GGS will have something on the way to use up that stockpile of dollars before too long....
  • Problem with the Chum is that +15% of 1 fish is still going to be 1 fish...

edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 30.05.2017

I don't see the point of using Chum. It supposedly increases the speed of fishing, but the numbers displayed on the boat don't change, and it doesn't seem to affect the number of fish the boat can hold or the time the boast stays out.

Adding another crew member seems to have a bigger effect on harvest amount then chum does.

Chum does work.  It is fairly ineffective on small quantities, but lets say that you have a boat that can hold 200 fish, and you have to keep adding the workers that add fish per hour.  Lobster chum (when fishing for the correct fish), can easily replace two or three of these workers.  So yes, the chum is worthwhile and effective, but the program does not make this very clear.  You have to do some math yourself.  It will look like you are going to have excess inventory space on your boat, but if you calculated properly, you won't.
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    I apologise in advance if this question has been answered but I've yet to see it.

I understand that the fishing spots reset after 24 hours but when does this occur.  Is it a set time each day?

After making a bunch of lobster chum, I sold the rest of the lobsters on hand...sold them for over 20,000,000. What a catch...It's lobsters for me! :D

Is it possible to make more than 1 batch of chum at a time after upgrading the dockyard?
    swordfish makes 5 chum, salmon makes 2 chum.  
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • I apologise in advance if this question has been answered but I've yet to see it.

I understand that the fishing spots reset after 24 hours but when does this occur.  Is it a set time each day?

@Jenni 1 (AU1) It is on an individual basis. If you catch all the fish in a location & the empty one vanishes & spawns a new one, the new one will be there for 24 hours, unless you empty it before then.
    Trawler requires dockyard level 8 and level 120(normal xp, not fishing xp).  click on dockyard and click on blue info button then click on arrows to see what each level unlocks.  
Sign In to comment.