Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HWE - 10 points/second question

Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
Hi All,

This question is for those hard-core experienced HWE competitors.

I understand about the run time of the packing machine and how the process 'loses time' when you cross from one rate/sec up to the next rate/sec, so I'm not questioning this mechanism nor confused by the logic of it.  I'm specifically and only interested in the changes in the timer that usually happen when going from 9 points/second to 10 points/second.

During the most recent HWE (new Fishing variant - FHW), I, for the first time ever, raised my packer to the 10 points per second level.  I had done some careful calculations to plan for reaching the final prize (1.2 mil points).  It would be reachable.  I was running at 9 pts/sec with more than enough run time on the clock to exceed the end of the event.  I calculated though, that I needed to make it to 10 pts/sec for the last five and half hours. The boat with the harvest that would cross me to 10 pts/sec was returning to dock at 5hrs45mins before the end of the event.  Feeling pretty good at this point.

When that boat arrived, before I harvested the load, my packing machine showed approximately 16 hours of run time @ 9 pts/sec.  I knew that when I harvested the Lobsters and crossed into 10 pts/sec that 16 hours run time would drop.  My hope was that the timer wouldn't drop to less than the 5.5 hours I needed to see me to the end of the event.  And, if it did fall slightly short of the event ending, I still had some time to fish up a few more lobsters to extend it to the event ending. 

So, I harvest, and my timer with 16+ hours remaining @ 9 pts/sec drops to only 28 minutes @ 10 pts/sec

I had expected a large drop from that 16 hours, but not anything near this large a drop.  My experience through the levels of pts/sec 5 to 6, 6 to 7, 7 to 8, and 8 to 9 has been that the drop in the timer is usually one-half to two-thirds   This was roughly a 97% drop.  

So, have others who consistently make their way up to 10 points per second in the original HWE found such a precipitous drop in the amount of remaining time on their packer when they crossed that threshold.  Does the 10 pts/sec level always come with just a half hour of time regardless of how much time you had on the clock before you crossed from 9 to 10 pts/sec.  Was this something unusual because the fishing variant allowed such a large amount of time on the clock when I crossed from 9 to 10 pts/sec?

Any insight so that I can plan better in future HWEs & FHWs would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-L

Comments

• For me, I generally play HWE quite competitively (top 10 ranking) but never go near 10 points. It's more optimal to stay around 5-7 points the whole duration.

It does seem like an odd drop though, because when I had 10 points a second for the fishing one, it was for quite a long time. 

However, I harvest quite a lot even into 10 points per second in order to reach this amount. One boat full will likely not be enough and I think 28 minutes is about correct unfortunately
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    I did give the 10 pt tier a go once in the FHWE knowing it was probably going to be a waste... sure enough, it was :dizzy:

that said, i was running at 9 and the person behind me was increasing on me hour after hour - so they must've been running at 10, which suggests running 10 for hours is possible ( i can't say how many hours they were gaining on me but i think it was in the region of four or so)

i was going to suggest it was probably lobsters cos they can run for "1day" on 9 and if shifted to tier 10 from the 1day mark, maybe there are hours to be had from them, but after what you've said it would appear it wasn't lobsters, which kind of has me stumped as to what they were running at 10

unless they continually took ships that immediately took whatever their harvest was to tier 10 and did this for hours on end - probably possible (most fish can be bumped to 10 very easily on the initial take) tho seems unlikely

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file