Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• how i can makes boat im have lvl 86 but cant makes any boat or upgrade dockyard all i can see is (i) info thing at dockyard
  • Folks and Players of BF.....

The thing is to outwit GGS.......

Play GGS at their own game.Don't waste.Play and learn.
    Little by little gather experience. Don't force things with Gold.

The idea is that GGS will eventually realize.....the more Gold they think they can get out of players spending hard earned real life cash does not work.

Does not. Except of course the silly players that try to win everything at any cost.
    Hey...its the players and their money......all players can see what Gold abusers do....no strategy just Gold abuse.

And.....the strategy players here laugh at the Gold abusers. An absolute joke.

Gold abuser does not care hehehe

Stupid stays stupid. Its like cheating at the Olympics....

Ive come first......nobody claps

•  I'm playing an online game but I'm forced to use pencil and paper to write down which boat has the fish I want for the silo? That's ridiculous. There must be a better solution. 

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    How do you equip boats to send them back out again ???
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    I finally managed to get the HWE started, with nine hours left on it.

Part of the problem was that it doesn't behave like the original HWE. In the original, when you click on "Let's get started," the first box moves out and you are asked to collect for the second box. When I went fishing in preparation for the Fishing HWE, I went fishing for the second box. When I clicked on "Let's get started," the first box didn't move out. So I spent a lot of time fishing for the wrong thing.

I also spent about a day and a half waiting for the fish to change because what I needed for the HWE wasn't in any of the fishing spots.

This needs some serious tweaking, in my opinion.
  • copymouse (INT1)copymouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 61
    When we choose what boat to deploy on pole, we should see name of boats, if not, whats the point of names.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @aliSAB (INT1)

Please read this post: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3533992/#Comment_3533992

and follow the link to the list of Oleg's tasks.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Well I bought simple bass bait (wont use my tiny bit of gold to buy the other ) Caught all the bass , task is still showing What am I doing wrong ?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Well I bought simple bass bait (wont use my tiny bit of gold to buy the other ) Caught all the bass , task is still showing What am I doing wrong ?
    Did you use/deploy the bass bait ?
  • So why does my stupid building still have a red "zzz" on it, and when I open it, nothing happens?  This is SUPER fun!!!

Did you complete all of Oleg's tasks
    Are you saying I have to buy yet another type of rod and upgrade my pail two whole levels (those are the "tasks", I am assuming...) before I can even use the building?  And will those be the only things I will have to do, or could there be even more?!?  I guess I have a new residence for the wharf rats...

Yes @Data King (US1) Now waiting for pond to fill again  Am catching them from GF, none on FF Fishing part had very little interest to me 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Yes @Data King (US1) Now waiting for pond to fill again  Am catching them from GF, none on FF Fishing part had very little interest to me 
    Feel the same way if it was not for the new Dock Yard requiring all the fishing tasks to be completed to open it I would have left that a lone as well
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 28.05.2017
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @aliSAB (INT1)

Please read this post: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3533992/#Comment_3533992

and follow the link to the list of Oleg's tasks.
    thank you i need lvl 25 fishing for last task
    @aliSAB (INT1)

Actually, you only need to be Fishing level 15 in order to buy the large minnow hook, which is needed for the final task  :)
    @Lesley52 (GB1)

You should definitely not use gold to buy the bait, or you will be wasting your gold.  The task requires the purchase of simple bass bait (not sophisticated bass bait)  :)

You deploy/use the bait (which will complete the task) by adding it to your tackle box (after you've removed any other bait you may have in there) before you go fishing and then by clicking on this button:

Thank you @Rowdy Rac I have done what is shown above now 3 times, but I have run out of equipment before emptying the pools of fish Do \I have to empty a pool. If so I canna do it captain 
  • Get rid of the hard worker event for the new fish farm!!!!! what a joke!!!!! for that matter the whole new fish farm is about a joke!!! This is the best you can do GG?  you need new techs working this stuff!!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    On the Adventurer's boat in the village.  If I repair the boat, then I can donate bakery items.  If I donate enough, the indicator slides up to the top and it says that he will brings me a really big reward next time.  However, the quality of the award never goes up.  It is the same as if I had not donated anything at all.

The higher you get the reward indicator, the more items appear in the Personal Rewards window:

(Denoted by the arrow).

The above image is when the reward indicator is around the 25% mark.

When the reward indicator is all the way to the top (100%), the window should look like this:

This means that all 9 slots of the personal reward box will have something in them the next time the boat docks.

• Get rid of the hard worker event for the new fish farm!!!!! what a joke!!!!! for that matter the whole new fish farm is about a joke!!! This is the best you can do GG?  you need new techs working this stuff!!
    when you realize how incredibly inflated the selling values for fish are, you will like the event. 

wouldnt be surprised if they nerfed these values 
    Get rid of the hard worker event for the new fish farm!!!!! what a joke!!!!! for that matter the whole new fish farm is about a joke!!! This is the best you can do GG?  you need new techs working this stuff!!

I think at least 113 people would disagree. :)

Took some figuring out, but I've enjoyed it.  Look forward to the next one. :)
  • Hello, my name is Skinnyhams and I am upset that my fishing is not working so I can not participate in deep sea fishing or even old fashioned fishing.  Can't sparkle coop friends composters, you name it, I cant do it!  When is all this going to be fixed?  I am not buying any more gold until It is fixed!
  • Morningdew (INT1)Morningdew (INT1) Posts: 20
    edited 29.05.2017
    HWE ended I was in the 6 - 50 places and won the norfolk ferry level 6, however I can't build it. When I click on it in my inventory it shows me an error message saying I've reached the limit. However I had one more norfolk ferry (this was level 1) in my inventory, and when I clicked on it, It started building the boat without any problems. I also tried buying and building a motorboat from the dockyard and it was built without any problems as well. I cleared my browsing data as well as the flash cash, restarted several times, tried log out and back in as well, nothing seems to solve this.

I'm fishing level 28 and my dockyard is level 2, do I need to be a higher level, or what?
  • Morningdew (INT1)Morningdew (INT1) Posts: 20
    edited 29.05.2017
    HWE ended I was in the 6 - 50 places and won the norfolk ferry level 6, however I can't build it. When I click on it in my inventory it shows me an error message saying I've reached the limit. However I had one more norfolk ferry (this was level 1) in my inventory, and when I clicked on it, It started building the boat without any problems. I also tried buying and building a motorboat from the dockyard and it was built without any problems as well. I cleared my browsing data as well as the flash cash, restarted several times, tried log out and back in as well, nothing seems to solve this.

I'm fishing level 28 and my dockyard is level 2, do I need to be a higher level, or what?
    I just checked the info on the Norfolk wherry and I just noticed that it says level 6 boat is available at farm/player level 75, but this being a prize isn't it possible to build it regardless of your level?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    What fishing gear is best for catching herring?  I see the rods for salmon, swordfish, tuna, and cod...but nothing for the herring.  Does it matter?

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    All --

In regards to the "Bass Bait Task" that some of you (may) be stuck on;  a couple of our Co-Op members may have hit upon the solution.  @jj11780 (US1) was trying to complete this task last night, and like some of you, the task wasn't completing.  She was trying to use the bait while out on Oleg's Boat, though. 

Another Co-Op member, @Rose1979 (US1) suggested she try it just from the Main Farm pond, and that worked - task completed.

I don't know why it would matter if you were out on the boat vs. just doing it in the Main Farm pond, but if this task has you stuck, can't hurt to try. :)
  • skaukatt (GB1)skaukatt (GB1) GB1 Posts: 12
    How do you equip boats to send them back out again ???
    when boat is in harbour with zzz  above it click on the boat. Then click on the tackle box on the right side of pop up. Selection box appears there are several headings across top, read the descriptions carefully and don't waste money on wrong goods for what you want to catch.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I thought the prize of a gold box for the top 5 players would actually be the gold box.  It was the gold/silver box, which is hardly a decent prize.  You need to stop calling both of these boxes "gold boxes" as they are not the same.  We need to be able to differentiate them!

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    How do we calculate travel time?  I can calculate time saved, but I must not know how long it takes to get to each type of fish........If I use the same boat, with the same number of time savers it takes different times for different locations, and boats have different speeds.   Is this listed anywhere?

Are all lobster pools the same distance away, or for the ones that are physical drawn farther from shore, does it take even longer to get there?
Sign In to comment.