Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    funny enough i actually like the dockyard and the fleet, and like you said it's a huge moneymaker and so far in the main it hasn't even been that buggy

the main problem i see with it, is that it's not ideal for a HW event unless they make a few adjustments to it (eg asking for fish that aren't actually available is a bit dumb in anyone's book)

most of the other problems that have come up in the thread aren't problems per se, but players not really knowing how it all works as, typical of GGS, their explanation of how things work is minimal, leaving many points of play out that we have to figure out by the hit and miss approach,
  • I unlock dockyard before opening Oleg's tasks , right now is to late for taking a tasks? or still I can make this tasks. If yes were  I can find them? I didn't know we have to make Oleg's  tasks. Probobli I don't pay attention and also nothing show, that first I need to do something else. Please wright the answer  ASAP  thanks
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I unlock dockyard before opening Oleg's tasks , right now is to late for taking a tasks? or still I can make this tasks. If yes were  I can find them? I didn't know we have to make Oleg's  tasks. Probobli I don't pay attention and also nothing show, that first I need to do something else. Please wright the answer  ASAP  thanks
    You can still do the tasks, Fruzia.

You'll find a list of them in this thread.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/154396/tasks-for-olegs-fishing-quest#latest
  • outawac (US1)outawac (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    What is the purpose of Deep Sea Fishing after the Hard Worker event ends?  Is it to collect the fish and make chum and sell our chum in farm. mgmt.?   Currently I am stuck on HW event as no Oysters showing in fishing spots.  Just wondering whether I should spend time and $$ sending boats out just to collect fish for chum.       
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    this game is now over kill too much going on at the same time!!
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    edited 27.05.2017
    @Corvid (GB1)  Those of us who always make spreadsheets for everything anyway, have all the info one click away.  I have 14 boats, know what each is fishing for, HOW MUCH they are bringing back, but am not documenting all the times this go around, but do have a feel for which boats are best for the fish I've had to collect.

You stated:
    2. Even if you go to the trouble of noting each boat's catch, you cannot be 100% accurate as you won't know of any penalites until you offload the catch

Prepare your boat at the dock, then go to the fishing hole of your choice, both before you click, and after when you choose a boat, it notes how many of the type of fish you plan to collect are currently available.  Write it down, then choose the boat, now look at what it changed to.  Subtract from previous for the total amount this boat will be bringing in, and yes, this DOES include any hazards.  I've sent out boats 39 times so far and this has worked perfectly with every one.

Day 1 the fishing holes changed midway through the day...Day 2 the clam, oyster, shrimp hole is empty and there wasn't a change.  Fortunately, so far, I already had all of them and they haven't repeated but if they do I'll be as unhappy as the rest of the posters.

Last night I wrote to my coop stating this Dockyard is labor intensive...more the spreadsheet tracking than anything, to be a whole game in itself.  During non HWE times where I don't feel the need to track, (what am I saying, I will still track it, lol), it should be a lot easier.  

So far I'm really enjoying the addition!

Edit:  For clarification, when you collect the fish it will show you how many were lost to whatever hazard, BUT that amount is already deducted from the total shown in the pool when you place the boat.

Post edited by KarenKay (US1) on
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    @KarenKay (US1) i know how to work out how many fish my boat has just taken from a pool, it's very straight forward, but you do NOT know the penalty (if any) you will be deducted when you actually collect the fish, it's totally random, UNLESS you've put on protection against every possible event (storm, sharks etc) - which then it will obv be zero penalty

when you click to take your fish, NOTE - it will show you the number of fish and to the right the penalty (if any)

what it does not show you is the actual deduction taking place, ie the outcome

so if you caught 100 fish and there was a 10% penalty, you will see 100 & 10%

you will NOT see 90

however, if you note your hardworker numbers for the next tier, there you will see the actual true deduction (90 subtracted in the example iv'e done above)

this is all rather long winded, granted, but as you went into a full explanation i thought i should do likewise

when you say it includes the hazards, it does not, you won't know that until your boat unloads

therefore my point still stands, you cannot be 100% accurate as the penalty remains an unknown until clicked

unless we have different games...
    @Corvid (GB1) Apparently they are different.  On all 39 so far sent, whatever the amount shown is, deducted by what it shows after I deploy the boat, is exactly what is added to the mill.  When I collect it shows the net amount of fish I collected due to the hazards shown on the right, which are shown as number of fish lost, and this is exactly the same amount when subtracting in the first place.  I'll keep tracking, of course, lol, but so far this has been how mine is working.
  • Good News Everyone(or for some at least maybe or maybe for no one but anyways :p ):

I'm gonna put some basics tips and guide for fishing in a minute in the General discussions section of forum.
    I try to keep it simple for everyone but still it may look a bit complicated at first, and It's Certainly not yet "the best strategy" for fishing, but it can get you moving very fast and learn to make at least some decent profit for yourself everyday without much effort even.
    if you liked it, or if it helped, bump it so others see it too.

No haters though please, this is just meant for help.
  • billyray (GB1)billyray (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    My FHW needs herring and I have no herring to catch - . I am stuck. Have only started today as had tasks to complete only done 1 set fishing and only have 6 zones . Is there something not done or is it screwed up as normal.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    My FHW needs herring and I have no herring to catch - . I am stuck. Have only started today as had tasks to complete only done 1 set fishing and only have 6 zones . Is there something not done or is it screwed up as normal.

You have 3 choices:

1) Fish one of the current fishing locations until it's empty, which will force that fishing hole to close and open up another one (which again may or may not have the type of fish you need),
    2) Pay gold to "Skip" that type of fish in the HWE and move on to the next one, which hopefully exists in one of the current fishing holes you have access to, or
    3) Wait (up to) 24 hours for the fishing holes to automatically randomize again, and hope some of the new locations have the type of fish you need.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Alert  I am not getting the timer for how long my lobster are running it does tell me how many needed to next level  this is a big problem in how to plan and what to send.  I am liking the new feature  love the sound of the sea, visual quality is great, a lot of thought and strategy to play this one effectively  will be needed  and also a bit of luck.  I too do not understand why we cant see what the catch is when the boats dock  we can see what is coming in every other place in the game, so can we get an explanation on why this is not being provided here?
  • copymouse (INT1)copymouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 61
    Does amphibian boost works when catching this fish?
    Does amphibian boost works when catching this fish?
    Didn't work for me, tried it twice so far.
  • billyray (GB1)billyray (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    edited 27.05.2017

You have 3 choices:

1) Fish one of the current fishing locations until it's empty, which will force that fishing hole to close and open up another one (which again may or may not have the type of fish you need),
    2) Pay gold to "Skip" that type of fish in the HWE and move on to the next one, which hopefully exists in one of the current fishing holes you have access to, or
    3) Wait (up to) 24 hours for the fishing holes to automatically randomize again, and hope some of the new locations have the type of fish you need.
    I haven't fished anything yet apart from first task for oysters. Only started FHW Saturday 27th about lunchtime. Had 6 fishing areas when started, there are supposed to be 8 . How can something re spawn that you have never had in first place and not used. Why should I pay gold for something not working properly. There's supposed to be selection of all types as far as I understand it, and at what time is this 24 hrs supposed to reset as it hasn't at normal for BST time, or it is timed from when it appeared in game. Or from when fishing zone empties , this is very unclear and needs clarifying. Give up will not bother now have waited over 2 hours for reset and nothing happened.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

You have 3 choices:

I haven't fished anything yet apart from first task for oysters. Only started FHW Saturday 27th about lunchtime. Had 6 fishing areas when started, there are supposed to be 8 . How can something re spawn that you have never had in first place and not used. Why should I pay gold for something not working properly. There's supposed to be selection of all types as far as I understand it, and at what time is this 24 hrs supposed to reset as it hasn't at normal for BST time, or it is timed from when it appeared in game. Or from when fishing zone empties , this is very unclear and needs clarifying. Give up will not bother now have waited over 2 hours for reset and nothing happened.
    The official announcement was incorrect. WascallyWabbit posted a correction in the Mod News Bulletin:

Deep Sea Fishing Locations

The Official Announcement says that there are 8 different fishing location distances.
    In addition to this:
    There are 13 different fishing locations, of which 6 should always be active.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3533101/#Comment_3533101

As for the rest of your post, I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but it's too late for this HWE; hopefully some corrections in regards to fish spawning will be made before the next one.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I have purchased 2 boats - a motorboat with a 10 fish capacity and a runabout with a 12 fish capacity.  I have purchased and equipped a  large freezer for each (additional 16 fish capacity) before sending them out.  So far every run has returned with one fish.  So much for the hard worker event results.
    each piece of equipment you can buy are associated with a particular boat... so a small  cooler goes with the motor boat... etc. check  to be  sure you are buying the right equipment for the boat you are sending out... buying a huge freezer for the motorboat will not help  you since it is not associated with the motorboat... you are wasting your money time and resources if you do not buy the correct equipment for the boat and all  info can be found on the Info Icon for each item :)
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    edited 28.05.2017

You have 3 choices:

The official announcement was incorrect. WascallyWabbit posted a correction in the Mod News Bulletin:

Deep Sea Fishing Locations

The Official Announcement says that there are 8 different fishing location distances.
    In addition to this:
    There are 13 different fishing locations, of which 6 should always be active.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3533101/#Comment_3533101

As for the rest of your post, I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but it's too late for this HWE; hopefully some corrections in regards to fish spawning will be made before the next one.
    this really needs sorting cant do FHW event if you don't make the fish available to do it. Hope haven't lost yet another player from group as fed up with ggs mess ups. To start FHW event before even had the fishing in place to run it was really not a sensible idea.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Thanks for the info. I did know this. The problem is that when they change, it's the same fish in the new location. Still haven't had one with tuna in it.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Just to further illustrate the fish pool problem.  I now have five pools which are all the same.  This cripples the HW.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Just to further illustrate the fish pool problem.  I now have five pools which are all the same.  This cripples the HW.
    send all  your boats to one of the holes and clean it  out... maybe you will get something different... who knows?!

I have gone thru all different to all the same to a mix of fishing holes... fish them!!! see what happens IMHO
  • So why does my stupid building still have a red "zzz" on it, and when I open it, nothing happens?  This is SUPER fun!!!

• artistree (US1)artistree (US1) US1 Posts: 105

send all  your boats to one of the holes and clean it  out... maybe you will get something different... who knows?!

I have gone thru all different to all the same to a mix of fishing holes... fish them!!! see what happens IMHO

A member of my co-op finished a fish location and it did not change or fill with more fish until ALL filled again, rotation completed.  So finishing a FL will not help to bring more fish.  At least it did not for her.

Another change............In the past we could sparkle something even when it was not working.  So if I went o sparkle a composter for someone, and they were in the middle of harvesting, and I happened to be there while it was in-between batches, the sparkle would still take and they would get credit for their next batch.  I could sparkle an idle cow or pig.  This no longer works.  Was this intentional?  Let's hope not.  That would be horrible!
    edited 28.05.2017
    Question:  There is is double Fish XP booster with the Wheel of Fortune.  Will this double the Fish XP received from building boats?

edited 28.05.2017
    I am trying to harvest my Mahi-Mahi in lemon sauce from the Mermaid Bay.  I have 3000 in my barn, but my barn holds much more than that?  Yet, I can harvest it............

I reloaded the game and it worked.

Actually, I cannot restart the water mill, because it won't sell feed.  I can't harvest honey at all......Lots of problems harvesting / selling inventory.

Another addition:  Upon further study, it seems to only happen on items with an inventory above 3000 (which happens to be my village warehouse inventory number).  Could the village warehouse number be getting inadvertently used in the wrong place.  It becomes a real problem with feeds, because I cannot sell them without the pop-up.  And so I cannot use the Water mill at all right now.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    So why does my stupid building still have a red "zzz" on it, and when I open it, nothing happens?  This is SUPER fun!!!

Did you complete all of Oleg's tasks
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705

Ok, a lot of reading here so this has probably been repeated but here's my observations of what is needed.

1) Be able to see the boat harvest when we hover over it before harvesting it.

2) When the worker event is running, allow the fishing hole algorithm to make sure the types of fish asked for are there when we need them.

3) When configuring the boat with crew and equipment, an optional filter to show only those things applicable for that boat without penalty.

4) Have the info for the effects of crew and equipment in the icons so we don't have to keep pressing the info button to see what does what.

5) Be able to save crew & equipment configurations for loading onto a boat at any time including the option to automatically buy what is lacking in stock for that configuration. Too much stuffing around at the moment.

edited 28.05.2017
    WascallyWabbit said:

When the boats are sitting in the dock after completing fishing,  it would be nice if they displayed what fish they have on board before clicking on them. 

This would make harvesting fish for the Hard Worker Event much easier when you have several boats collecting different types of fish.

I would like to see mouse over tool tips please.

This morning I had boats out to catch fish for the HWE i needed oysters first then herring were next so that is what I sent my boats after. I ended up leaving the house all day and when I got back on game all boats were at the docks and I didn't know what boats had what. Wouldn't you know I emptied the herring first :(
    @woodenskull (US1)  @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  We have raised this issue with the devs & though it is not possible to show the exact fish & quantities on the bubble, for boats in dock, they are looking at adding fish icons to show the type of location that the boat came back from. 

So, are we definitely not going to know how many fish are each boat?  If so, do you understand that the Fish HW cannot ever be "fair"?  I find this very troubling.  I hope I am misunderstanding this.  Knowing where the boat came from is not sufficient information.
    On the Adventurer's boat in the village.  If I repair the boat, then I can donate bakery items.  If I donate enough, the indicator slides up to the top and it says that he will brings me a really big reward next time.  However, the quality of the award never goes up.  It is the same as if I had not donated anything at all.
Sign In to comment.