Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• This new fishing area and the hard worker event associated with it is an absolute joke. Every time something new comes out is has heaps of bugs/glitches. If we bought something from a shop and it did not work properly we would return it. Wonder what would happen if everybody stopped playing? I have not been able to do the hard worker event as my fish area has no spot available to get oysters and i refuse to pay gold to skip the oysters. Everybody who does not have an area for the fish required in the Hard Worker Event is disadvantaged. (I have contacted support in relation to this issues on my farm and awaiting a reply). 
  • andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117

I am in 41st place with a very miserly 27k points, and it is asking for Clams...   But there are no Clam Areas left.. 

So that's it for me ... Game Ends.

• ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    PBH (GB1) said:

I am in 41st place with a very miserly 27k points, and it is asking for Clams...   But there are no Clam Areas left.. 

So that's it for me ... Game Ends.

this is one of the biggest problem in new hwe , you need to wait some time till dockyard will rest 
  • Scifi (GB1)Scifi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 78

PBH...  Looks like you're not going to get the GML then...!!

• I have another problem with this feature...  Fishing sites are changing while my boats are fishing in them! I  was send nearly all my fleet for swordfish, and  this "pools" was changed before my boats returned... Third time in a row  >_<

• Panther724 (GB1) said:
    I am and just watching a fish swim around with my hook in its mouth :-(

I assume the side tasks are the minnow hooks which is ok, but not if you cannot catch a fish  
    @Panther724 (GB1) Click on the water part of the screen & not anywhere else & that should make your reel work correctly.

The next fish I need for Hard Worker event is cod but none of my 6 fishing holes have it.  Does this mean that unless I use gold to skip cod I am finished with event?

@Herbina (US1) If you do not wish to skip, you can catch all the fish at a location so that it vanishes & spawns a new one, hopefully one with cod in it or you can wait for all the locations to reset after 24 hours.

What is going on with this Dockyard, I click on it and nothing happens, did it even start yet? or let Me guess it is only for Co-op people, it should be for Everyone in My opinion, so when can the rest of us who are Not in a Co-op use it?
    dockyard is a broken feature, clearly goodgamestudios did no beta testing whatsoever
    Marowit said:
    You need to finish the entire fishing quest line in order to unlock the deep sea area.

That is why some can use the dockyard while some can't

What is the entire fishing quest line?
    tkayd (US1) said:
    On which farm does the side bar tell you what tasks need to be done?  Oleg is nowhere to be found on any of mine. 

Absolutely useless. there's no instructions on how to get the new HWE started, so most of us can't take part in this event. All we get when we click on the dockyard is the information icon, which doesn't give us any information.

Please get this sorted soon

@Blue Denim (US1)  @archerbob (AU1)  @Bruce04 (US1)  @tkayd (US1) @SteveUser (GB1)
    You all need to check all of your farms for tasks that are highlighted at the top of the task lists as, recommended tasks to complete. Even though they are tasks for Oleg, they do not all appear related to fishing or show Oleg on them. Check for these ones:

Big Beck (US1) said:
    I have equipped my boats to catch oysters for the hwe but none of the fishing holes have oysters in them so my boats are coming back with no oysters.
    @Big Beck (US1) If you hover over the locations that are active for you, they show you what type of fish are in that location. Oysters are found with clams & shrimp on locations that look like a small rock. 

LSB_TTS (INT1) said:
    Hey wascally, I fished all the fish at two locations but they are not disappearing or new fish appearing there. It is just an empty spot with no fish

Also, it has been 24 hours, but no change in fish yet (3 of my spots have lobsters still)
    @LSB_TTS (INT1) Your locations have been checked by a tech & he found no empty ones, so it looks like they have fixed themselves. :)

I still have three rocky areas with no fish of any type (shrimp, clam, or oyster).  The other pools did change, but these did not.  This has been going on for more than half a day now.

Also, where is the communication from GGS to let us know that they "get" it.

AND, where is the fix for the GMLs.  We were told that they would be in the HW and they are not there.  2 of 3 are missing?  This is unacceptable.

Even, as mad as I was yesterday, I never would have thought that we would get this far into Thursday with no fixes and such little communication.
    @gavinfarms (US1) The tech is checking to see if there are any bugs in the reset system, so we do not have a final answer for that yet. However he could not find anything wrong in your account, so I assume that, like LSB, yours has also corrected itself.
    Despite being a public holiday in Germany yesterday, I think that there was a considerable amount of communication & answered questions, I am sorry that you feel it was inadequate. :(

When the boats are sitting in the dock after completing fishing,  it would be nice if they displayed what fish they have on board before clicking on them. 

This would make harvesting fish for the Hard Worker Event much easier when you have several boats collecting different types of fish.

I would like to see mouse over tool tips please.

This morning I had boats out to catch fish for the HWE i needed oysters first then herring were next so that is what I sent my boats after. I ended up leaving the house all day and when I got back on game all boats were at the docks and I didn't know what boats had what. Wouldn't you know I emptied the herring first :(
    @woodenskull (US1)  @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  We have raised this issue with the devs & though it is not possible to show the exact fish & quantities on the bubble, for boats in dock, they are looking at adding fish icons to show the type of location that the boat came back from. 

• -willow- (NL1)-willow- (NL1) NL1 Posts: 27
    Today I found out that several of my coop members have had an email with a link to some presents to get you started with the docyard and deep sea fishing. I and a few others in the coop did not get that email.
    I checked and double checked but nothing found. (is also not in the spam folder).
    So some of us did get that mail and some of us did not get that mail on may 24, 2017.
    I already sent a ticket to support because this is strange and I also would like to get that mail.
    Maybe there are more people who did not get that mail!  
  • I can't find how to get my ship to go fishing. Also, my dockyard building has only an information button on it. What step am I missing?
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    Today I found out that several of my coop members have had an email with a link to some presents to get you started with the docyard and deep sea fishing. I and a few others in the coop did not get that email.
    I checked and double checked but nothing found. (is also not in the spam folder).
    So some of us did get that mail and some of us did not get that mail on may 24, 2017.
    I already sent a ticket to support because this is strange and I also would like to get that mail.
    The gift emails are not send to all players, but to some number of lucky winners that are choosen randomly.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 26.05.2017
    Can anyone tell me if you are able to Manage your boats (ie Upgrade, Equip, Deploy) while your Dock is upgrading?  

I'd like to start the Dock upgrade, but not if that will shut me out from working with my boats during the build time.
  • can anyone tell me the fishing tasks are, or how i can do them. 
  • andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117

You need to find the tasks on the Flower farm with Oleg.   They are on the side-bar on the left of the screen.    Some fishing tasks may be on the other farms as well.

The last one is to buy and use Minnow Hooks.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Can anyone tell me if you are able to Manage your boats (ie Upgrade, Equip, Deploy) while your Dock is upgrading?  

I'd like to start the Dock upgrade, but not if that will shut me out from working with my boats during the build time.
    Yes, you can. You just have to click on each individual boat while it's docked to upgrade or equip it.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    WascallyWabbit said:
    I still have three rocky areas with no fish of any type (shrimp, clam, or oyster).  The other pools did change, but these did not.  This has been going on for more than half a day now.

Also, where is the communication from GGS to let us know that they "get" it.

AND, where is the fix for the GMLs.  We were told that they would be in the HW and they are not there.  2 of 3 are missing?  This is unacceptable.

Even, as mad as I was yesterday, I never would have thought that we would get this far into Thursday with no fixes and such little communication.
    @gavinfarms (US1) The tech is checking to see if there are any bugs in the reset system, so we do not have a final answer for that yet. However he could not find anything wrong in your account, so I assume that, like LSB, yours has also corrected itself.
    Despite being a public holiday in Germany yesterday, I think that there was a considerable amount of communication & answered questions, I am sorry that you feel it was inadequate. :(
    Let me clarify.........This could have been put on the test server.  Most of the bugs and problems would have been discovered.  That did not happen.  I did not expect people to work on a public holiday.  I would never expect that.  But why, why, why, would you put out an untested feature on the day before a public holiday, when you know that less people will be available to get through it.

Secondly, there was some communication, but I never got the sense that you all understood how poorly this all went and how much you angered people with this tampering with the HW and turning it into something different, without proper warning.  I do not know a single farmer who read the announcement and thought that this new Fish HW was coming.

Please don't misunderstand me.  I don't expect you to not release updates.  I want you to release updates.  I don't expect you to not make mistakes.  Mistakes are perfectly understandable.  I simply think that you should not do it on the day before a public holiday.  The poor planning is breathtaking.  A tiny bit of proper planning could make this all so much smoother.

Also, I notice that you did reply about the GMLs.  They are still missing from the Fish HW.  Several farmers and I have discussed this.  No one thinks that this is an accident or an oversight, so if it is an accident or oversight, then please clear that up.  However, currently, myself and many other farmers think that you took them out of the CC on purpose, now you have reduced them in half of the HW events going forward (also on purpose), and so we fully expect that you will take them out of the regular HW at some point....that it is only a matter of time.
  • I can not seem to get the dock yard to work any step by step directions?
    Now......I am going to comment on the substance as well....

-When you hover your cursor, you cannot tell what level your boat is, once you have named your boat.  I would really like to know the levels of my boats, even once named.

-The changing and moving around of the fish pools is unbalanced and unfair.  I STRONGLY think that everyone should have two of each, all of the time.  This update requires users to learn a lot as it is.  Having these pools jump around is helping no one!  And it makes the Fish HW unfair. 

-The 'crustaceons' come in too small of numbers... The oysters, shrimp, clams on the rocks......the quantities of these are way too low.  They run out too quickly, given how long that you must wait for them to get replaced.  Their quantities need to be at least tripled (maybe more).

• Kotresh.j (IN1)Kotresh.j (IN1) IN1 Posts: 21

This game is getting much harder to play with only the one construction slot, can we please have total 3 slots,

1 for all 3 permanent farms

1 for island or temp farm

1 for fish

It would be great to upgrade 3 building at same 

• big papa (AU1)big papa (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1
    edited 26.05.2017

Dockyard not working

Got the email with the 1 Norfolk wherry, 2 trawling nets, 2 stand up rods, and 2 rakes

Built the Wherry, completed all of Olegs events, refreshed, refreshed, refreshed, logged out, logged in, even rebooted.Level 23 fishing.
    Still got nothing.....

Edited to turn down the volume a tad.
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • It's not a huge deal, but the timer along the right side of the screen is off.  The fishing says I have 1 second left - and it did for quite a while - but when I went down to fishing, there was nothing coming up in less than 45 minutes.
  • How does one get the boat to go fishing?  Have crew and equipment on it and it remains in sleep mode
  • Sa11y (US1)Sa11y (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    I can't harvest my boats without selling my feed.  Has anyone experienced this and know how to get around it?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    My game is stuck on what I think is the last task (buy 1 bass bait / use 1 bass bait). I already had bass bait in stock so that came up checked but I went ahead and bought one anyway. Then I fished for bass with it, nothing. I sent Oleg to fish with it, nothing. I re-loaded the game and tried them both again. nothing. I cleared the cache and tried again, nothing.  

I filed a ticket with support, haven't heard a word. This event which is supposed to get us started on this fleet thing (and also has rewards I could really use) will be over before they even think about fixing it.

I think they should compensate all of us who missed this and I have some suggestions:
    1) run the event again for us
    2) just give us the rewards including the mining license
    3) give us the boats and a healthy stack of goldflowers.

I know you probably think I'm insane but the frustration level is beyond high right now. Did I tell you I'm the one in the coop teaching everyone how to use the fishing. Ironic ain't it?!
    Be sure you equip your tool box with the bait then go fishing being sure to deploy the bait.
    Have a look here https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/135909/tutorial-fishing#latest
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I can't harvest my boats without selling my feed.  Has anyone experienced this and know how to get around it?
    2 choices here. 1 you will need a Lab to change the feed into premium feed or sell for a loss
  • -willow- (NL1)-willow- (NL1) NL1 Posts: 27
    The gift emails are not send to all players, but to some number of lucky winners that are choosen randomly.
    If this is true than it is unfair for the people who did not get it. Some people get things for free and the other people have to buy those things? 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

Omg Wons..You are damn right lol..
    I just name my boat, currently 6 of them with fancy name and now i don't remember what types of fish they brought when docking at port hahaha... I need to write a notes everytime i sent them out now huhu..
    This is not such a smart idea, as for a number of reasons you do not want to be limited in your fishing by the names of your boats. Unless you want to waste gold renaming them every time you need to send for different fish or leaving them idle in your dock untill that type of fish is needed or available.

I'd rather expect "harvest" display  - like we have with every other harvest in the game including Oleg. As it is it seems like another GG fail in design. Hope they'll correct that.

If you want to rename a boat, Demolish it and rebuild it using dollars.  
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    woodenskull (US1) said:

When the boats are sitting in the dock after completing fishing,  it would be nice if they displayed what fish they have on board before clicking on them. 

This would make harvesting fish for the Hard Worker Event much easier when you have several boats collecting different types of fish.

I would like to see mouse over tool tips please.

This morning I had boats out to catch fish for the HWE i needed oysters first then herring were next so that is what I sent my boats after. I ended up leaving the house all day and when I got back on game all boats were at the docks and I didn't know what boats had what. Wouldn't you know I emptied the herring first :(
    @woodenskull (US1)  @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  We have raised this issue with the devs & though it is not possible to show the exact fish & quantities on the bubble, for boats in dock, they are looking at adding fish icons to show the type of location that the boat came back from. 

Thank you WascallyWabbit that will help. 
  • Sa11y (US1)Sa11y (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    2 choices here. 1 you will need a Lab to change the feed into premium feed or sell for a loss

Not trying to be a pain here......  Why do I need to sell or make premium feed to harvest the boats is the real question
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    My game is stuck on what I think is the last task (buy 1 bass bait / use 1 bass bait). I already had bass bait in stock so that came up checked but I went ahead and bought one anyway. Then I fished for bass with it, nothing. I sent Oleg to fish with it, nothing. I re-loaded the game and tried them both again. nothing. I cleared the cache and tried again, nothing.  

I filed a ticket with support, haven't heard a word. This event which is supposed to get us started on this fleet thing (and also has rewards I could really use) will be over before they even think about fixing it.

I think they should compensate all of us who missed this and I have some suggestions:
    1) run the event again for us
    2) just give us the rewards including the mining license
    3) give us the boats and a healthy stack of goldflowers.

I know you probably think I'm insane but the frustration level is beyond high right now. Did I tell you I'm the one in the coop teaching everyone how to use the fishing. Ironic ain't it?!
    When you are on the fishing screen you have to click on the bait and the arrow that appears in order to use it.  Just having it in your box isn't enough.  Know how you feel because it happened to me.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    JVD (US1) said:
    Can any one tell me what equipment I need to catch sword fish? I have sent 8 boat over past past 24 hours and ave not caught a single one.  Caught lots of other kinds of fish wit out problem but can not seem to figure out the combo for sword fish.

My Dockyard is at level 2 and i have tried both runaboat level 4 and motorboat level 6.

What am I not doing right that I can not catch even 1 swordfish? 
    you need to equip your boat with items for the fishing hole that has swordfish in it and for swordfish you will need the bent trolling rod. everything in the supply section will tell you what it is for by clicking on it or the info icon. :)
    first thank you for the answer.

I have used the bent rod and still nothing. I am thinking (unless it is a bug) that there is some kind of combo of supplies I am not getting right. Can you tell me specifically what you are equipping your boat with and I will try it. Thank you.

As I said I have caught  other stuff no problem just cannot seem to get even 1 Swordfish. It is very frustrating. 
Sign In to comment.