Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 26.05.2017
    How many boats can we have?  I know that it was stated earlier, but I cannot remember or find it.

Also is there a list somewhere of the icons for the fish?  When I hover over a pool, I can't tell cod from herring from tuna, etc.?  I can tell swordfish, lobster, shrimp, oyster and clams apart.

Posts merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    How can you do the fishing no pain no gain, when there are no fishing area with the fish you ask for.
    All 6 area  and not 1 with the fish you ask for. Have you set this up only for those who skip with gold till they get 1 fish that they can catch. Not fair for all players. This has been 2 day that I have not been able to do any of the no pain on gain  This is not FUN
    No Pain No Gain is a regular fishing quest done from the docks like the one on the Flower Farm, Gourmet Farm and/or Main Farm.  It has nothing to do with Deep Sea Fishing. You can find the Carp & Bonito off the dock in the Flower Farm, for Pickerel you either have to use Oleg's boat (available at Fishing Level 10), or use bait.
    You must have a different No Pain/No Gain Event than me. All it is asking for so far is oysters, clam and  swordfish for me.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    How can you do the fishing no pain no gain, when there are no fishing area with the fish you ask for.
    All 6 area  and not 1 with the fish you ask for. Have you set this up only for those who skip with gold till they get 1 fish that they can catch. Not fair for all players. This has been 2 day that I have not been able to do any of the no pain on gain  This is not FUN
    No Pain No Gain is a regular fishing quest done from the docks like the one on the Flower Farm, Gourmet Farm and/or Main Farm.  It has nothing to do with Deep Sea Fishing. You can find the Carp & Bonito off the dock in the Flower Farm, for Pickerel you either have to use Oleg's boat (available at Fishing Level 10), or use bait.
    You must have a different No Pain/No Gain Event than me. All it is asking for so far is oysters, clam and  swordfish for me.
    Weird; "No Pain, No Gain" should be task #13 in Oleg's fishing task chain:

No pain, no gain!Fish for 150 kg of Carp, 230 kg of Pickerel and 150 kg of BonitoReward: 1500 fxp, 15K dollars

Unless ya'll are calling the HWE "No Pain No Gain".. If so, that's where the confusion is. :)
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    dockyard is a broken feature, clearly goodgamestudios did no beta testing whatsoever
    Unfortunately this could (and should) have been tried on our test server, but GGs in their infinite wisdom decided that the regular servers would make a larger test base. I assume they added the Hardwork event to ensure people tried the deep sea fishing, making us all inadvertently Beta-Testers.

I have sent my boats out 3 times to catch tuna: each time it said the trip would be 1 hr 36 min, but each boat went to a different spot and is taking much longer to return. Pretty hilarious that although I have only caught 1 clam and 1 oyster, I am ranked at 293 in my league. Obviously more people are having difficulty if this is the case. A little information in-game is needed clearly, but Information is not in their vocabulary.

With the fishing time, it adds your travel time to the length of time spent fishing. So if you fish for 4 hrs and it takes 2 hrs to get there and 2 to get back the time out at sea is 8 hours.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    LOL

edited 26.05.2017
    @aaabbb1 (INT1)    I noticed this as well, and it seems like a key point to be aware of.

I now have 6 boats back in the harbor.  When I hover the cursor on them, I cannot tell what they are carrying, so I have no idea what they will do to my HW.  This is horrible.  I need to know what these boats contain before I harvest them. 
    Yep I made a similar post a few pages back. This will be a nightmare in future HWE... imagine having 14 boats coming back to dock and NOT remembering which cargo (fish) they hold.  Hope people dont name their boats Jenny1 Jenny2 Jenny3.. etc.  hahahah LOL.
    I just named my boats after the fish, lobster etc and send them out to catch what they are named, that way, i know what they are when they dock lol
    How many boats can we have?  I know that it was stated earlier, but I cannot remember or find it.
    Hi Gavin.  You can have up to 12 boats :)
    Also is there a list somewhere of the icons for the fish?  When I hover over a pool, I can't tell cod from herring from tuna, etc.?  I can tell swordfish, lobster, shrimp, oyster and clams apart.
    You can just click on the pool they are in and it will tell you what fish are there.

Posts merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    this is not hwe ranking , this is fish xp ranking, check it properly on the top of screenshot
  • Rose1979 (US1)Rose1979 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    I AM GETTING NO HELP FROM SUPPORT!!!!   I have put in 3 tickets and have gotten ZERO response!    I cannot participate in the HWE because I cannot fish on my own and finish the tasks!  My reel will not reel in a fish - It's been that way now for almost 48 hours.   That means I have no way to participate in the HWE and earn anything!   It is very frustrating!!!   So I guess now - since the new way tickets are handled - I will never get to move on in this game.    The HWE will finish and I will not be involved!    
    Me and several players have started using the abbreviation "FHW" to denote that this is the Fishing HW as opposed to the original HW event.  Perhaps that could help with some of the above confusion.

• Omg Wons..You are damn right lol..
    I just name my boat, currently 6 of them with fancy name and now i don't remember what types of fish they brought when docking at port hahaha... I need to write a notes everytime i sent them out now huhu..
    Hi Gavin.  You can have up to 12 boats :)
    Thank you!!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Can any one tell me what equipment I need to catch sword fish? I have sent 8 boat over past past 24 hours and ave not caught a single one.  Caught lots of other kinds of fish wit out problem but can not seem to figure out the combo for sword fish.

My Dockyard is at level 2 and i have tried both runaboat level 4 and motorboat level 6.

What am I not doing right that I can not catch even 1 swordfish? 
    you need to equip your boat with items for the fishing hole that has swordfish in it and for swordfish you will need the bent trolling rod. everything in the supply section will tell you what it is for by clicking on it or the info icon. :)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499

Omg Wons..You are damn right lol..
    I just name my boat, currently 6 of them with fancy name and now i don't remember what types of fish they brought when docking at port hahaha... I need to write a notes everytime i sent them out now huhu..
    This is not such a smart idea, as for a number of reasons you do not want to be limited in your fishing by the names of your boats. Unless you want to waste gold renaming them every time you need to send for different fish or leaving them idle in your dock untill that type of fish is needed or available.

I'd rather expect "harvest" display  - like we have with every other harvest in the game including Oleg. As it is it seems like another GG fail in design. Hope they'll correct that.
    edited 26.05.2017

Omg Wons..You are damn right lol..
    This is not such a smart idea, as for a number of reasons you do not want to be limited in your fishing by the names of your boats. Unless you want to waste gold renaming them every time you need to send for different fish or leaving them idle in your dock untill that type of fish is needed or available.

I'd rather expect "harvest" display  - like we have with every other harvest in the game including Oleg. As it is it seems like another GG fail in design. Hope they'll correct that.
    I agree that' it's not the long term answer but til they fix the prob & I can have 12 boats, then it will do just fine for me :) And for the FHW event, it makes things a lot easier right now
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 05.07.2017

Post edited by woodenskull (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I AM GETTING NO HELP FROM SUPPORT!!!!   I have put in 3 tickets and have gotten ZERO response!    I cannot participate in the HWE because I cannot fish on my own and finish the tasks!  My reel will not reel in a fish - It's been that way now for almost 48 hours.   That means I have no way to participate in the HWE and earn anything!   It is very frustrating!!!   So I guess now - since the new way tickets are handled - I will never get to move on in this game.    The HWE will finish and I will not be involved!    
    Make sure when you are trying to reel in the fish, you have your cursor below the waterline...  will not work anywhere else! this was changed recently
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    Sorry no time to read everything but "NO FAIR" on the deep sea fishing.
    Next up on the hwe is tuna.
    Yet I don't have any tuna to catch.
    2 lobsters area,  2 oyster, shrimp, clam, and the other 2 are swordfish,  salmon, and cod.

How am I suppose to get around that?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    You can have up to 14 boats at one time, this is my fleet

SO......I go into the coop screen and look at my projects...........(notice the 50 percent box)

Then that "50 percent" box covers up my farm, until I reload the browser......Annoying....see below

On certain fishing screens, you must reload, because it covers up key buttons.
    I would like to see mouse over tool tips please.

This morning I had boats out to catch fish for the HWE i needed oysters first then herring were next so that is what I sent my boats after. I ended up leaving the house all day and when I got back on game all boats were at the docks and I didn't know what boats had what. Wouldn't you know I emptied the herring first :(
    edited 26.05.2017

This morning I had boats out to catch fish for the HWE i needed oysters first then herring were next so that is what I sent my boats after. I ended up leaving the house all day and when I got back on game all boats were at the docks and I didn't know what boats had what. Wouldn't you know I emptied the herring first :(
    Yes, this is a HUGE problem for the FHW
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151

Yes, this is HUGE problem for the FHW
    I totally agree.  This definitely needs attention before the next HWE
  • WascallyWabbit @andyhudson1965 (GB1)
    Thanks guys for guide me.
  • My game is stuck on what I think is the last task (buy 1 bass bait / use 1 bass bait). I already had bass bait in stock so that came up checked but I went ahead and bought one anyway. Then I fished for bass with it, nothing. I sent Oleg to fish with it, nothing. I re-loaded the game and tried them both again. nothing. I cleared the cache and tried again, nothing.  

I filed a ticket with support, haven't heard a word. This event which is supposed to get us started on this fleet thing (and also has rewards I could really use) will be over before they even think about fixing it.

I think they should compensate all of us who missed this and I have some suggestions:
    1) run the event again for us
    2) just give us the rewards including the mining license
    3) give us the boats and a healthy stack of goldflowers.

I know you probably think I'm insane but the frustration level is beyond high right now. Did I tell you I'm the one in the coop teaching everyone how to use the fishing. Ironic ain't it?!
  • Lioness5 (NL1)Lioness5 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 4
    I realy would like to fish on a new boat. But i need to compete the fish tasks. 
    Now i am stuck on the use of bass-bait. I have fised all the ponds, the bait worsk perfectly but the task dos not dissapear.
    What am i doing wrong? (or is this a bug?)

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @archerbob (AU1)     @Blue Denim (US1)

All the tasks for Oleg needs to be completed before the dock will unlock for you.  (These are the tasks that he started giving us when he first came to our farms).

Two of the Oleg tasks do not relate directly to fishing, one asks you to collect milk and one asks you to collect wheat, so check for those kinds of tasks, too.

They should now appear in the topmost position on your left hand task side bar, so it should be easier to spot (remember to also check the main farm and gourmet farm task bars not just the flower farm one)

And then the very last task for Oleg is called:  "Patience is silver but hooks are golden"

When you see that one, you'll know you're close.

Good luck 

I have none of these missions and my dockyard has unlocked, if what you mean by unlock is clicking to go into that new area... that's as far as I can get.
    @Lioness5 (NL1), try and exit the game and then log back  in.
  • Lioness5 (NL1)Lioness5 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 4
    thaks i'll do that!
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    @Rose1979 (US1)
    The way reeling works have changed. Before you could reel by clicking anywhere on the screen. Now you can only reel by clicking under the sea level. When you click under the sea level, your mouse will change into a reel icon.
Sign In to comment.